Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Emmerdale

Anyone watching this British soap?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 13, 2019 4:39 PM

Robert was totally evil, now dead.

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2015 11:26 PM

R1, he's not dead, what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2015 11:29 PM

I am watching since I'm cutting back the on the NuFrauish version of DOOL

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2015 11:44 PM

Barn sex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2015 11:47 PM

I guess I'm a couple months behind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2015 11:52 PM

You made a good choice, R6. Robert and Aaron are not currently on, after Robert killing Katie and kidnapping Aaron trying to kill him. He did sort of try to redeem himself though, after he woke up from the coma. He testified in Chrissie's trial and he helped Aaron out by proving Chas really does have PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2015 12:19 AM

Good show

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2015 12:19 AM

Chas stalking herself

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2015 12:20 AM

Yes, R8. Some excellent acting. The actress playing Chas did a really good job with that storyline.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2015 12:23 AM

The American soaps could learn a thing or two from this show.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2015 12:36 AM

They don't need to learn, they just need to remember.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2015 5:01 AM

R5, Ross shot Robert. He and Andy made a deal, Ross would shoot Robert for Andy if Andy shot Ross' brother Pete for him. The thing is that Ross went through with it, while Andy didn't. Robert ended up getting shot, while Andy never shot Pete. Robert doesn't know who shot him, but he knows it wasn't Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2015 8:05 AM

Loving this show

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2015 8:13 AM

Indeed, R10. This soap has good acting, good writing, it's fast paced, and the gay characters are not just barely there (like Lucas and Brad on GH). The gay storyline is worth the watch, although lately there hasn't been much of it, considering what has happened between them. Either way though the gay characters are in other storylines too, which are all really good. There's gonna be some juicy stuff coming up this Christmas and I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2015 9:09 AM

It is r14 and its a shame what GH and Days have done to their gays. The only thing I say about GH is that it looks like Felix is being seen more often now.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2015 6:46 PM

Yes, R15. I'd recommend that you watch Emmerdale or Hollyoaks instead. The quality is just all over so much better too. I prefer Emmerdale though, clearly. Robert is one of the hottest gay characters ever. The funny thing is that Ryan Hawley (the actor playing Robert) seemed even mote ripped when he came back after Robert woke up from the coma. I'm looking forward to more shirtless scenes from him.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2015 5:06 AM

This is a great show

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2015 5:20 AM

Fun to watch, some good story lines, good acting.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2015 5:35 AM

This Christmas is going to be epic! Sadly no indication of Robert and Aaron getting back together, but they will still be involved in their separate storylines. They both have some pretty big things coming up.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2015 6:02 AM

r19 Aaron and Robert are on hold right now according Danny Miller.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2015 3:56 AM

SPOILER

R20, I know, I just read. He said they've shelved the storyline for now. I still think they'll get together eventually though. But then there's Robert holding a gun at Ross and Aaron's dad coming back, not to mention Aaron's warehouse heist to get money to buy the pub. Also.. apparently his dad coming back will lead him to start cutting again. Trust me when I say they will still be featured a lot, even if they're not together right now. Here is a preview of Gordon (Aaron's biological dad),

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2015 2:01 PM

Aw man, I was all set to make an Edna Birch joke when I just now found out that Shirley Stelfox died. :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2015 2:19 PM

That's great r21 this is a good show.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2015 2:21 PM

It has its ups and downs, but basically good soap.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2015 2:22 PM

It's way better than DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2015 2:27 PM

R20, they did interact a few times a couple of weeks ago (see video), so it seems like they're at the very least on speaking terms again. And this is pure speculation, there's literally nothing about this in the spoilers, but I figure.. with everything that Aaron has coming up, he probably needs someone to be there for him, someone he can talk to, someone willing to listen. Maybe that person is Robert, who knows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2015 3:26 PM

I find Cain really hot.

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2015 5:06 PM

Rumor has it Aaron's self-harming relapse will bring Aaron and Robert closer, how close is anyone's guess though.

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2015 2:54 PM

Oh dear, Robert is in deep denial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2015 4:30 PM

r28 I think that Aaron and Robert will start bonding again.

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2015 12:43 AM

I think so too, R30. I doubt they'll get back together though. That will take more time imo. I think the only thing Aaron will accept is Robert finally accepting himself, and this is Robert, so you know..

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2015 6:00 PM

Aaron's dad is back..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2015 7:39 PM

Uh Oh! r32

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2015 8:59 PM

Robert looks so good these days. Did the actor work out while Robert was in a coma? lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2015 2:04 PM

[quote]Robert is one of the hottest gay characters ever. The funny thing is that Ryan Hawley (the actor playing Robert) seemed even more ripped when he came back after Robert woke up from the coma. I'm looking forward to more shirtless scenes from him.

Are you SURE you're gay, R16? You sound ambiguous.

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2015 2:52 PM

I always see this on digitalspy. Fangirls there still keep the Emett Scanlan whats-his-face thread alive even though he's been off Hollyoaks for years now. How can so many people like Robert? He's a terrible villain. I would be okay with him being a selfish, manipulative bastard if he could actually pull it off, like if he had his own company, his own money, but he's a total loser. He can't hold his own. And he's not hot enough to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2015 3:30 PM

R36 Robert isn't like the mincing queen Andre over on that awful Days or the angry German on America's #1 soap Y&R which is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2015 7:26 PM

Another terrific episode today! And it was a double one! (they air two episodes every Thursday)

No Aaron or Robert.. but we did get to see a lot of Gordon. He wants to get back into Chas and Aaron's lives again. Surprise! Here's a preview if you want to see the look on Aaron's face when his father shows up again after all these years. This will air December 22nd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 17, 2015 7:46 PM

That sounds good r38.

by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2015 7:49 PM

[quote]And it was a double one! (they air two episodes every Thursday)

Where are they aired?

by Anonymousreply 40December 17, 2015 8:06 PM

ITV or you find it online r40

by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2015 8:09 PM

Aren't British TV shows blocked online, if you're in America?

Surely all the people posting here aren't in GB.

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2015 8:11 PM

R42, just google it. You can find live streams.

by Anonymousreply 43December 17, 2015 8:14 PM

OK...will do.

by Anonymousreply 44December 17, 2015 8:15 PM

R37, but he is a psychopath though. He's done some terrible things, including killing someone (even though it was technically an accident).

by Anonymousreply 45December 17, 2015 8:25 PM

I don't understand why Diane just didn't tell him the truth about Robert? I'm not saying she should have told him about the affair. But she could have at least said "it was my step son who was shot" and left out the Aaron part. That part should come from Aaron himself. I guess she was scared if she told him about it he'd just ask more questions and he'd find out about Aaron too, idk. Or maybe she wanted to protect Robert, he is her step son after all. But of course Gordon was curious so he looked it up for himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 17, 2015 8:29 PM

R45 he still isn't the mincing queen or the angry German

by Anonymousreply 47December 17, 2015 8:50 PM

Emma was being a bitch

by Anonymousreply 48December 18, 2015 4:11 AM

I'm not liking these rumors about Gordon. Are they really gonna make Gordon a bad guy and retcon the character just so Aaron can get yet another self-harming storyline? I wish they'd just keep it as a simple abandonment issue, rather than have Gordon as an abusive father. It will change the whole narrative, especially why Aaron started cutting in the first place. Apparently it wasn't just because of Jackson, but because of his father?

The irony is that Gordon NEVER abused Aaron. Chas was the one to hit him, which is why Gordon took him away from her. If the writers are actually going there (and I have a feeling they will, Gordon does not come across as a good guy at all, he seems cocky and selfish), then it'll be a re-write of what axtually went down. It won't be canon. I don't like this at all.

by Anonymousreply 49December 18, 2015 5:08 AM

Aaron and Robert are a second-rate Cain and Charity at best. A Love-Hate-Abuse-Violence-Kidnapping story might as well be taken from shitty M/M fiction. This story exists only to entertain straight people. It has nothing to do with actual gay life.

by Anonymousreply 50December 18, 2015 8:09 AM

It's a soap, so what do you expect? This isn't real life. Bad stuff happens, they need drama. Otherwise it would be very boring. It's funny.. I was reading the DOOL threads after Will and Sonny got togther. I remember people saying they were boring, because they had nothing else to do than be in a relationship. At least Robert and Aaron get interesting storylines. But then I guess some people will never be happy. It's doomed if you do, doomed if you don't.

by Anonymousreply 51December 18, 2015 8:15 AM

r50 Having a character like Felix on GH who is mainly nothing but Sabrina's GBF or Will Horton on Days who was sacrificed for the sake of straight characters Chad, Abby and Ben is a good representation of actual gay life maybe in America it is.

by Anonymousreply 52December 18, 2015 8:17 AM

Gavin Blythe made a wonderful start with the emotional Coming Out process of Aaron. Then came the descent into Jackson's accident. Years without actual gay affection, kisses, let alone sex. Aaron left. Finn joined. He's the ugliest of his brothers and has glasses. Why was he cast and dressed like this? Because he was never supposed to be hot or interesting. His purpose was to be Gay Best Friend to Val and Vic and occansionally be involved in the business of his brothers and parents. He doesn't have an army of fans to push for him. He never ever gets a story arc of his own. No story was ever planned for him. He was never meant to be anything but a support, just like Edna, Pearl or Sandy. In two years Finn has been on the show he's had one flirtation with a nurse for 3 episodes. It never went anywhere. He slept with Aaron once offscreen. That's it.

In the same time Debbie was haunted by Cameron, got together with Pete, had an affair with Ross, broke that off, became the guardian of her baby-brother, who happens to be Rosses son, married Pete, had the marriage anulled and got together with Ross. Her actresses husband's character, David, went from being with Priya, who was pregnant with his daughter, back to Alicia, helped Priya through bulemia, married Alicia, befriended Lochlan, then warned him off his wife, supported Alicia through sexual assault, sold his shop, went with her to Portugal, came back and split up.

by Anonymousreply 53December 18, 2015 8:33 AM

I would take Emmerdale any day over Deaths of our lives or Mumble Hospital. Your right about both r50 Felix is Sabrina's GBF prop while Days killed one of its gays just to prop up an super annoying and boring straight couple.

by Anonymousreply 54December 18, 2015 8:54 AM

I agree with almot everything you said, R53. I actually like Finn though and it continually pisses me off that they never give him anything to do. The actor is not terrible, the character is sweet and lovely and funny. He deserves better. When I heard about the helicotper crash for the first time I was sure he was a goner, he's a caharacter they could have easily killed off, yet they didn't. I just hope they have something going on for him in the future.

Speaking of.. WEHT Lawrence and his closeted gay life? We know about his past, it's why he hired Robert in the first place ffs. Yes, Connor was another one of Robert's manipulation tactics. It still doesn't change the fact that he had a secret gay life, which even Chrissie confirmed. He said it happened once, but I think there's more to it. It would be very interesting to see more of it, but I doubt we will. He is marrying Bernice now (Robert's step sister). Also.. the writers only used the Lawrence and Connor plot to drive Robert's plot. Then again.. Apparently according to spoilers Lawrence did suggest an open marriage? I never saw it though, so I don't know.

The show is good, don't get me wrong, but there's still so much lost potential here. The writers seem to have favorites.. Aaron, Ross etc. They get all the good storylines while they seem to forget about the rest. Sometimes I'd like to see more of Lawrence, Finn and even Connor coming back. That would have been fun. They need to dedicate some time to the other gays too, not just Robert and Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 55December 18, 2015 9:18 AM

I think that Finn should be used more and yes the character is sweet and lovely.

by Anonymousreply 56December 18, 2015 9:37 AM

R51 What you're talking about is suspension of disbelief. When we watch a soap, we suspending our disbelief and accept that a village of 70 people has a thriving pub, bnb, garage, shop and salon or that random people appear in the background of the pub or at funerals and weddings despite all this, that crimes are only prosecuted depending on the story, that people fall in love, get married and split up not even a year later all the time, that bosses are nice and give you time off all the time or that every year someone struggles with some kind of addiction and 3 of 70 people go into a mental hospital, not to mention the amounts of accidents and deaths. Yet most characters get to have realistic lives with realistic problems. They struggle with things we have struggled ourselves with or something we have sympathy for. Aaron and Robert are completely removed from reality. They don't struggle with finding love, manuveuring a relationship or having kids like other characters. They sure as fuck never come close to gay topics like sex with random guys, they don't worry about getting infected or discrimination. Last time Aaron worried about his masculinity was when he came out in 2009/2010. Any struggle with Robert's sexuality is swiftly glossed over. What does Robert even do for a living now? All they do is stealing cars, faking robberies, kill or try to kill people, Robert has killed Katie, covered it up, almost killed Chas with a rock while searching for a passed out Aaron, tried to kill Paddy once ot Butler's farm, then threatened to shoot him when he kidnapped Aaron, whom he almost strangled to death only to be shot himself. And there's a spoiler showing Robert with a gun while the Emmerdale people are teasing for Aaron and Robert might get back together. They even made Aaron say he's still in love with Robert after all this. Aaron and Robert unlike other characters are not to be indetified with or show real issues about homosexuality and gay life. They exists solely to entertain the audience.

by Anonymousreply 57December 18, 2015 9:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 18, 2015 10:15 AM

R57 American soap Days turned Will into a one dimensional character which frustrated the last actor to play him that they did that. Then new writers came and instead of fixing Will they decided to sacrifice him for one of their favorite heterosexual couples who are both awful especially the female half and the current actress portraying that character doesn't even have nowhere near the same level of talent as the actress who previously played the same character.

by Anonymousreply 59December 18, 2015 3:52 PM

[quote]Aaron and Robert are completely removed from reality. They don't struggle with finding love, manuveuring a relationship or having kids like other characters.

They're removed from reality because it was an AFFAIR. That is how affairs work. I hope when/if they do get back together they have a proper talk, and we'll get to see more of what you're talking about. However in the mean time I actually wouldn't mind seeing Robert, or Aaron, with someone else. Sometimes I think the writers are afraid of the backlash from crazy fans though.

[quote]Yet most characters get to have realistic lives with realistic problems. They struggle with things we have struggled ourselves with or something we have sympathy for.

Aaron has the self-harming thing going on, and Robert has got issues from thinking he was less worthy than his adoptive brother. So you're wrong when you say they don't have struggles or realistic problems, they do. It's just that not all of it is connected to them being gay, and I actually find that refreshing.

[quote]They sure as fuck never come close to gay topics like sex with random guys, they don't worry about getting infected or discrimination.

1. This is Great Britain, not the USA. The soaps are not there to enlighten people, it's not a PSA. 2. Gays in Great Britain have equal rights, so there's less of a need to be a PSA. 3. Aaron actually did ask Robert if he's "done this before.. had one night stands" and Robert said yes, but they all meant nothing. Robert has hooked up with guys in the past, it has been mentioned several times. I wish they'd explore more of that though.

[quote]What does Robert even do for a living now? All they do is stealing cars, faking robberies, kill or try to kill people.. And there's a spoiler showing Robert with a gun while the Emmerdale people are teasing for Aaron and Robert might get back together. They even made Aaron say he's still in love with Robert after all this.

Well.. Robert doesn't do much now. I think he's still working at Home Farm, because last I remember Lawrence wasn't able to get him out of the contract, although I'm not sure. Maybe we'll get some answers in today's episode. And btw.. I agree that the writers ruined Robert. I even had to stop watching for a while. They have been trying to redeem him lately though, making him less of a maniac and more human, I appreciate that. But then again.. Robert will be Robert, hence why he's threatening to kill Ross.

HOW is Emmerdale "teasing Aaron and Robert getting back together" though? If anything I've seen the opposite. Danny even said in an interview that "they've shelved it for now". Yeah.. Aaron might still love Robert, but it doesn't mean they'll get back together, at least not yet.

[quote]Aaron and Robert unlike other characters are not to be indetified with or show real issues about homosexuality and gay life.

I disagree. Robert clearly has some internalized homophobia. He has an issue accepting himself for who he is. That in itself is a "real issue". He's had a chat with both Victoria and Aaron about his sexuality, of course he denied being bi or gay. It's something I hope the writers will explore more. I'd love to see Robert grow to eventually accept himself.

Like I said.. this soap isn't perfect, and yes, there's definitely some missed potential here, and yes, the writers have messed up Robert to a point where redemption is difficult. At one point I do think the viewers will get sick of him getting away with stuff, and they have no choice but to send Robert to prison. At least the writers have tried to redeem him a little bit lately. Seems like he had a change of heart after he got shot. He wanted to make things right.. at least with Aaron and Chrissie.

But hey.. if you hate the soap as much as you seem to do, R57, you could always stop watching, just a suggestion!

by Anonymousreply 60December 18, 2015 4:10 PM

[quote]Aaron and Robert are completely removed from reality. They don't struggle with finding love, manuveuring a relationship or having kids like other characters.

They're removed from reality because it was an AFFAIR. That is how affairs work. I hope when/if they do get back together they have a proper talk, and we'll get to see more of what you're talking about. However in the mean time I actually wouldn't mind seeing Robert, or Aaron, with someone else. Sometimes I think the writers are afraid of the backlash from crazy fans though.

[quote]Yet most characters get to have realistic lives with realistic problems. They struggle with things we have struggled ourselves with or something we have sympathy for.

Aaron has the self-harming thing going on, and Robert has got issues from thinking he was less worthy than his adoptive brother. So you're wrong when you say they don't have struggles or realistic problems, they do. It's just that not all of it is connected to them being gay, and I actually find that refreshing.

[quote]They sure as fuck never come close to gay topics like sex with random guys, they don't worry about getting infected or discrimination.

1. This is Great Britain, not the USA. The soaps are not there to enlighten people, it's not a PSA. 2. Gays in Great Britain have equal rights, so there's less of a need to be a PSA. 3. Aaron actually did ask Robert if he's "done this before.. had one night stands" and Robert said yes, but they all meant nothing. Robert has hooked up with guys in the past, it has been mentioned several times. I wish they'd explore more of that though.

[quote]What does Robert even do for a living now? All they do is stealing cars, faking robberies, kill or try to kill people.. And there's a spoiler showing Robert with a gun while the Emmerdale people are teasing for Aaron and Robert might get back together. They even made Aaron say he's still in love with Robert after all this.

Well.. Robert doesn't do much now. I think he's still working at Home Farm, because last I remember Lawrence wasn't able to get him out of the contract, although I'm not sure. Maybe we'll get some answers in today's episode. And btw.. I agree that the writers ruined Robert. I even had to stop watching for a while. They have been trying to redeem him lately though, making him less of a maniac and more human, I appreciate that. But then again.. Robert will be Robert, hence why he's threatening to kill Ross.

HOW is Emmerdale "teasing Aaron and Robert getting back together" though? If anything I've seen the opposite. Danny even said in an interview that "they've shelved it for now". Yeah.. Aaron might still love Robert, but it doesn't mean they'll get back together, at least not yet.

[quote]Aaron and Robert unlike other characters are not to be indetified with or show real issues about homosexuality and gay life.

I disagree. Robert clearly has some internalized homophobia. He has an issue accepting himself for who he is. That in itself is a "real issue". He's had a chat with both Victoria and Aaron about his sexuality, of course he denied being bi or gay. It's something I hope the writers will explore more. I'd love to see Robert grow to eventually accept himself.

Like I said.. this soap isn't perfect, and yes, there's definitely some missed potential here, and yes, the writers have messed up Robert to a point where redemption is difficult. At one point I do think the viewers will get sick of him getting away with stuff, and they have no choice but to send Robert to prison. At least the writers have tried to redeem him a little bit lately, hopefully we'll see more of that.

But hey.. if you hate the soap as much as you seem to do, R57, you could always stop watching, just a suggestion!

by Anonymousreply 61December 18, 2015 4:12 PM

Maybe r57 should stick to awful soaps like Days and GH where one of the gays was murdered because his cousin and "friend" just couldn't keep it in their pants and the other gay is barely there or on GH where the gays are hardly ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2015 4:46 PM

You guys ready for today's episode? It starts in 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 63December 18, 2015 5:56 PM

I will be watching later on.

by Anonymousreply 64December 18, 2015 6:18 PM

It was a good episode, R64. Both Aaron and Robert showed up. They even talked to each other!

by Anonymousreply 65December 18, 2015 6:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2015 7:08 PM

Here is the video..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 18, 2015 7:28 PM

Love this show and gave up on Days a longtime ago didn't feel the to stick around with the show and be treated like a battered NFL wife going back for her daily beatings.

by Anonymousreply 68December 18, 2015 9:15 PM

Looking briefly at that clip @ R67.

I love the thought of American DLers sitting listening to those accents. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 69December 18, 2015 11:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 18, 2015 11:28 PM

Aaron just adorable.

by Anonymousreply 71December 19, 2015 12:16 AM

Robert in sweatpants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 19, 2015 6:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 20, 2015 2:50 AM

That pic is ridiculous, R73. It's hilarious that they used a copped out version of that for the news article that Gordon was reading.

by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2015 7:16 AM

Another great episode today. At least Gordon knows about Aaron now, and what happened between Aaron and Robert too. I just find it strange that he never heard about Jackson, considering it was all over the news? And Diane just feeding him all of this info without questioning his motives in all of this? I thought she was smarter than that.

by Anonymousreply 75December 21, 2015 6:33 PM

The video...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 21, 2015 7:42 PM

I loved it when Aaron saw his dad again.. his face was priceless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 23, 2015 7:35 AM

Yesterday's episodes were good. Gordon and Aaron going back and forth with each other plus Finn showing up.

by Anonymousreply 78December 25, 2015 9:27 PM

Lachlan is a little troublemaker

by Anonymousreply 79December 25, 2015 9:32 PM

Hopefully today's episode will be another good one.

by Anonymousreply 80December 25, 2015 10:16 PM

Ross, David, and Kirin are the only ones who excite me.

by Anonymousreply 81December 27, 2015 1:49 AM

Daddy Gordon is back probably to stir up trouble

by Anonymousreply 82December 27, 2015 1:58 AM

Ross is hot and Lisa should have slapped Joanie also.

by Anonymousreply 83December 30, 2015 1:28 AM

Ross is an idiot. David pings hard. I don't know if it's the actor or what. I think they might be going for a David and Carly romance and if that's the case it won't be believable.

by Anonymousreply 84December 30, 2015 6:14 AM

R83 the actor who plays David has a girlfriend he began her dating last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 30, 2015 6:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 30, 2015 7:29 AM

R85, well ok but he still pings. He's probably just one of those slightly effeminate straight guys, they exist too. It's just everytime he appears on screen he somehow comes across as gay, maybe it's because they write him a bit camp idk.

by Anonymousreply 87December 30, 2015 7:37 AM

Wolfenden had a gay ol time when he was won the trophy on Dancing on Ice back in 2012. His gymnastic training probably helped him too. He's a really cute guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 30, 2015 7:40 AM

R88, I admit it, sometimes European men, British in particular, mess up my gaydar. I think it's because there's less pressure on being macho, so sometimes they flame out a bit, even the straight guys. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think it's a good thing. It just makes it harder telling the straight and gay guys apart.

by Anonymousreply 89December 30, 2015 7:51 AM

Yeah, and after all, there must be something to that old saying, "Gay, or just British?" ;-)

by Anonymousreply 90December 30, 2015 8:26 AM

Robert is back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 30, 2015 7:06 PM

Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 30, 2015 8:15 PM

That's good r91/r92

by Anonymousreply 93December 30, 2015 8:28 PM

Glad to have Robert back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 30, 2015 8:31 PM

I think that Finn is kinda nerdy cute

by Anonymousreply 95December 30, 2015 8:36 PM

The Bartons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 30, 2015 9:24 PM

Bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 31, 2015 12:30 PM

Another good episode and Robert confronting Ross

by Anonymousreply 98January 1, 2016 6:55 AM

If Ross (Michael Parr) exits, I'll probably stop watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 1, 2016 8:27 AM

Don't worry, R99, Kate Oates (the producer) would never get rid of her favorite. You see, Ross is just a misunderstood hero after he tried to kill two people and sending Aaron to prison over something he did. They retconned Robert in yesterday's episode into him feeling no remorse for killing Katie. Not only that, he also hit on Debbie, making us all remember that he is BISEXUAL. I can't stand the way they write Robert. They could have written him into something more than just a one dimensional psycho killer, but they never will.

by Anonymousreply 100January 1, 2016 8:56 AM

Sarah Marshall said on This Morning Oates would be taking over Coronation Street in 3 months. Or did she mean her stories would start in 3 months?

Anyway, yesterday Chas told Aaron his father told her he hit Aaron when Aaron hit his stepmother. Aaron said something like 'He told you that, did he?' So it looks like they're going to retcon Aaron into having been abused by his father.

by Anonymousreply 101January 5, 2016 2:39 PM

R101, probably the latter. AFAIK Oates already started working on Corrie. I think her contract began January 1st 2016. The sad thing is from what I've heard, the new stories from the new producer on Emmerdale won't start until summer! Which means until then we will get Aaron portrayed as a depressed teenager who harms himself, more Robert who is apparently not remorseful after killing Katie (by accident), and yes.. according to the new spoiler we will get more Robert and Chrissie. I know Robert is most likely bisexual, but I still don't want to see him with his ex-wife, or any other woman for that matter. I know the new producer is from Hollyoaks though, so I don't expect him to be much better than Oates at following through storylines, but I do hope he's better at developing characters and also portraying the gays in the village, giving them more screen time, would be nice to see Finn in a proper storyline and also.. Lawrence is so underused. He is probably the most interesting character on the show. We know about his gay past, yet he's now married to a woman, another fail by the producer and writers. But well, like I said, the producer is from Hollyoaks, and Hollyoaks is very gay, so I have hopes for the gay characters at least.

Slightly off topic but I'm actually surprised that Emmerdale's ratings have gone up! It's probably because it's January and there's not much else to do, and not much is on, but still. IMHO the writing gets worse and worse for each passing day. They write the characters so one dimensional they turn into cliches. Not only that, they can't follow through and finish ANY storyline. What happened to Aaron's dodgy alibi for the warehouse raid? Oh, that's right, we don't know! What happened to Robert buying Diane's share of the pub, or even Diane selling it in the first place? oh, right, the writers dropped the ball on that one too! They just CANNOT write stories properly. Just like with Gordon.. only reason they brought him back was so Aaron would start to self harm again and him buying the pub was just to further that plot.

by Anonymousreply 102January 5, 2016 3:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 6, 2016 10:16 PM

ugh! .. Pete snogs his Auntie Moira.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 7, 2016 11:40 PM

Adam learning that he isn't the father of Vanessa's child and now kidnapping the child.

by Anonymousreply 105January 8, 2016 6:31 AM

Ross is bi? I'd love to see him with Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 106January 8, 2016 8:05 AM

No he isn't, R106. He's straight.

by Anonymousreply 107January 8, 2016 9:41 AM

If Ross were on Hollyoaks he'd be bi.

by Anonymousreply 108January 8, 2016 10:45 PM

I like Ric Makarem as Nikhil. One of the projects he did while he was off Emmerdale was a revival of the gay play from the 70s called, "Passing By."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 13, 2016 7:03 AM

My dad's favorite soap.

by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2016 8:05 AM

Next week should be interesting. Aaron ends up in hospital due to sepsis. Robert is there with him for support. Also.. he will reveal his secret so we will know if Gordon molested Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2016 8:11 AM

ugh .. molestation. If that's what it is, what a rotten story.

by Anonymousreply 112January 13, 2016 8:14 AM

We don't know yet, R112, it's just speculation so far, but it is the most likely theory.

by Anonymousreply 113January 13, 2016 8:50 AM

I've only watched Emmerdale through Langford on Soaps a bit. At the time there was a possibility that Finn might get it on with Robbie but I assume they never had anything?

by Anonymousreply 114January 13, 2016 9:20 AM

R114 Robbie was killed by his Uncle. Nobody cared.

by Anonymousreply 115January 13, 2016 9:35 AM

R115, a shame. Robbie and Finn had great chemistry, although obviously I only saw few minutes of them.

by Anonymousreply 116January 13, 2016 9:44 AM

I've heard buzz that the (gay) Paul Lambert character (Matthew Bose) is returning full-time.

by Anonymousreply 117January 13, 2016 8:50 PM

R117, really? This article is from last year. But he didn't stay long, did he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 13, 2016 9:00 PM

R118 I don't think it's been confirmed. But like I wrote, there's been *buzz* on message boards, and now Wikipedia (unsourced) says the following (below). I know people make sh!t up, but I don't know why they would in this case. This is from the article on "Paul Lambert (Emmerdale)."

[quote] In 2015, Bose made brief returns to the show, on two separate occasions, one being in March and the other being in September. It was then announced on 2 January 2016 that Bose had decided to come back to the role full time. His return scenes will air this summer.

by Anonymousreply 119January 13, 2016 9:49 PM

The scene where Robbie was unexpectedly killed was the last time a television show actually made me jump up off the sofa and watch the rest of the scene on my feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 13, 2016 10:01 PM

That Declan guy played the Ted Schmidt character in the original British Queer As Folk, although named differently. Makes me think of Brit QAF everytime I see him.

by Anonymousreply 121January 13, 2016 10:25 PM

Tess' husband looks like this and she's having an affair with Humpty Dumpty Paddy?

Jonathan Wrather at "Pierce Harris" debuting in February.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 16, 2016 8:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 20, 2016 8:21 PM

....... butt crack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 20, 2016 8:43 PM

WTF. Does every gay character have to be raped now? First Brendan, then John-Paul. Lafayette in TrueBlood. Somehow it's always the gay characters being raped, rarely the straight ones. Why? This happened to strong female characters before. They are punished for assuming the 'straight male domain of strenght'.

by Anonymousreply 125January 21, 2016 7:25 PM

I was JUST going to write that we now know Aaron was raped, R125. Yeah, it pisses me off too. There's already way too many misconceptions that children who are raped grow up to be gay.. this isn't exactly helping.

by Anonymousreply 126January 21, 2016 7:27 PM

Here is an article about Aaron's storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 21, 2016 7:30 PM

This is so effed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 21, 2016 7:42 PM

It was awful to find out that Aaron was raped.

by Anonymousreply 129January 21, 2016 8:18 PM

Rubbish story. Not watching. And why is it "challenging"? It's just more of Danny Miller crying.

by Anonymousreply 130January 21, 2016 8:19 PM

I agree, R130. It's ridiculous. Then again.. it's all they can write for Danny, depressing stories because they know he can cry. I'm sick of it. But at least now we got somewhere with Robert and Aaron though, so I expect them getting back together when this rape storyline is over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 21, 2016 8:27 PM

You could see it making sense as a reasonable explanation for the rage and self-hatred the character has often been shown struggling with - potentially there's the chance to move him on now. Well, as much as any soap character moves on.

by Anonymousreply 132January 21, 2016 8:49 PM

This could possibly explain why Aaron has been acting out his rage and getting onto trouble.

by Anonymousreply 133January 21, 2016 9:36 PM

At least there was some character development for Robert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 23, 2016 10:54 AM

Robert admitted he loved Aaron and even referred to him as his boyfriend at the hospital so he could get Aaron checked back in. Finn needs some more development other currently being a GBF and a possible new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 135January 23, 2016 11:05 AM

What's going on now? Rape of men is such a difficult topic and they make us doubt the victim. What's even worse is Lisa and Alicia, the recent female victims of sexual assault and rape were not doubted at all. Emmerdale is so shit when it comes sensitive issues. I hope the new producer takes over in time to fix this crap of Kate Oates.

by Anonymousreply 136January 26, 2016 9:21 AM

Yes, R136. But Kate Oates is on her way out so hopefully it'll improve. Watch EastEnders instead if you want good storytelling. Ben and Paul are currently front and center. Yesterday Ben told Paul he loves him after Paul's love confession to Ben on Friday. But now Jai knows the truth too so it complicates things. Don't get me wrong, Jai supports the relationship, even encourage it. He just wants Ben to be happy. But he knows he has to tell Abi the truth. Ben is scared so I could see him chicken out and change his mind about Paul. But I guess we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 137January 26, 2016 10:53 AM

Ben and Paul on Eastenders..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 26, 2016 1:31 PM

Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 26, 2016 1:32 PM

Everyone knows Ben is gay. He came out back in ~2010/11. But after he got out of prison, he decided to deny it and call it a phase. The only person he's deluding is himself; and Abi's so needy and pathetic that she's willing to go along with it. Even Ben's father, Phil -- the main person Ben is trying to impress with his 'traightness' -- knows deep-down his son is lying. When Phil was drunk at Christmas a few weeks ago, Ben berated his father and asked him how many lagers he'd had that day, but Phil turned it around and asked Ben, how many geezers he'd given the eye to that day? Another example of a drunk speaking the truth, which we get a lot of on this show... lol!

by Anonymousreply 140January 26, 2016 9:15 PM

It was funny having Lisa unleash the pigs on Zak and Joanne.

by Anonymousreply 141January 29, 2016 7:14 AM

Does Lisa still annoyingly say, "Our Belle" all the time? My sister was watching with me once and asked, "What kind of name is Arbel?"

by Anonymousreply 142January 29, 2016 7:33 AM

I only watch it years ago, up until Danny Miller left. I heard he came back. Sad, because he REALLY is an AMAZING actor who could be in feature films. He's way too good for a soap. Is Aaron's story good again?????

by Anonymousreply 143January 29, 2016 12:01 PM

R143 If you enjoy watching Aaron cry, then you might think it's good. I've grown weary of these type of stories, so I', not in the pro-camp. But that's just me. Objectively, it seems the (gay) audience is rather split on the subject. I'm sure a RobRon fan (something I'm not) can explain why they think Aaron's story is good. You may have to watch and decide for yourself, and now would be a good time, since it's getting fairly regularly airplay. - jmho

by Anonymousreply 144January 29, 2016 11:39 PM

True, Danny Miller is a phenomenal actor. His acting during the coming out story on the show years ago, was riveting. He really should be in films and not on a soap opera, but puzzling why some actors don't make it and some do. The once criticism that I have is the constant crying. God bless him, he can cry at the drop of a hat, but it's getting tiring. Too much waterworks.

by Anonymousreply 145January 29, 2016 11:49 PM

In last weeks, interview with Digital Spy, Danny Miller was asked about the new producer (Iain MacLeod) and in his answer, he also mentioned a new character he's working with.

[quote]

Have you had a chance to meet Emmerdale's new producer Iain MacLeod yet?

"I met him briefly on Monday. There's a new character who's come into the show, who I'm probably not allowed to speak much about, so I won't! But I was having some rehearsals with this new character and I briefly met Iain too. He's fantastic, enthusiastic and he's excited to be working on the show. Emmerdale's in a great place at the moment, but it's also nice to have a fresh pair of hands come in and see what they can bring to it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 1, 2016 12:29 AM

It sounds like the new Executive Producer is really keen on Aaron and Robert, and states they're in it for the long haul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 7, 2016 9:04 AM

Can't wait until that new stuff starts airing. After a while I got sick of Kate Oates and her annoying little digs at Robert. It's obvious to me she never liked the character, or maybe she just wasn't a good producer, and that's why she was never able to depict him as anything other than a one dimensional psycho. Either way I'm happy the new producer is prioritizing Robert and Aaron as a couple, but most of all I'd like to see Robert evolve as a human. I'd like him to have layers and be a complex character, not a psycho all the time. Hopefully he'll be treated more fair from now on.

by Anonymousreply 148February 7, 2016 10:47 AM

Danny Miller makes the all the young actors on american daytime soaps and many of the vets look like garbage with his acting abilities. What Chas expect when she decided to get Robert involved and Robert was sloppy with getting that other boy he paid to testify against Gordon. Why does Rhona still want to be with Paddy? and they finally start delving into Lawrence and if is gay.

by Anonymousreply 149March 8, 2016 4:33 PM

Honestly, the Lawrence storyline is the most interesting to me. And I'm not even an older gay! I'm a millennial.. barely. I just think it's interesting to see the soap dealing with a guy of his generation possibly being gay or bisexual. You don't see that often portrayed on tv. It's always about younger gays coming out.

by Anonymousreply 150March 8, 2016 4:49 PM

Aaron's sister now keying her brothers car with liar and running to Gordon

by Anonymousreply 151March 21, 2016 8:48 PM

"My daddy's not gay like you"

by Anonymousreply 152March 23, 2016 2:37 AM

Aaron's sister sure us something

by Anonymousreply 153March 23, 2016 2:58 AM

Well Holly Barton is back

by Anonymousreply 154March 25, 2016 4:04 AM

I like Robert's new haircut

by Anonymousreply 155April 6, 2016 2:53 AM

[quote]Are they really gonna make Gordon a bad guy and retcon the character just so Aaron can get yet another...

British Soap Award nomination? Yes. That's exactly what they did R49 & it was complete & utter shit. But, hey... Danny Miller got his fucking longlist nomination, so destroying the character of Gordon was totally worth it, right?

Grrr. Argh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 9, 2016 12:16 AM

I hope Gordon gets raped repeatedly in prison.

by Anonymousreply 157April 16, 2016 10:55 PM

The new producer loves Robert and Aaron and that Kate Oates is going to a real bitch over at Corrie.

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2016 10:59 PM

If Kate Oates fires the freakshow who's played Sean for way too long she'll deserve a medal.

I wonder if this Ronny Hale plumber guy really is Chrissie's bio dad. I think he's gay and might have gotten it on with Laurence.

by Anonymousreply 159April 17, 2016 1:38 AM

I see that the actor who played Aaron's ex-boyfriend, Ed Roberts (the rugby player in France), is now a regular on "Casualty." Actor Lloyd Everitt is playing paramedic, Jez Andrews, there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 18, 2016 8:35 AM

r159 You know Lawrence doesn't like to talk about his dalliances with men but you might be right that the Ronny person might have been someone he was sleeping with.

by Anonymousreply 161April 18, 2016 5:24 PM

If Lawrence & Ronnie were lovers, they should hire a couple of young actors to play them and give viewers a few salient flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 162April 18, 2016 9:23 PM

I think Ronnie did three-ways with Laurence and his wife and Laurence was impotent so that's why Ronnie is Chrissie's bio dad.

by Anonymousreply 163April 19, 2016 3:44 AM

R163 Interesting theory. But there's another still unseen White daughter, isn't there? I think her name is Rebecca. Someone else her father as well?

by Anonymousreply 164April 19, 2016 4:47 AM

Dang Arron's sister cock blocking him.

by Anonymousreply 165April 19, 2016 6:29 AM

Ah, R164, that's right.

I do think it would be fun if it was revealed that Laurence brought in Ronny for three-way sessions with his wife but he was way more into Ronnie than his wife and it ended badly. But Chrissie was the result.

by Anonymousreply 166April 20, 2016 3:21 AM

Meanwhile, Finn gets another silly storyline. Does this guy ever get a boyfriend?

Hoping Iain MacLeod does something about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 21, 2016 1:01 AM

Finn must be starting to go blue down there and he does need a boyfriend or at least some sexual relief.

by Anonymousreply 168April 21, 2016 2:31 AM

Finn is the Tamwar of Emmerdale. EastEnders fans will know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 169April 21, 2016 2:38 AM

At least Tamwar's actually been married and is now getting things back on track with his ex, Nancy, before they leave town together.

by Anonymousreply 170April 21, 2016 3:13 AM

Where can I watch the Aaron/Robert story from the beginning? I watched Aaron's coming out and then his relationship with Jackson, but stopped when they did that awful paralysis/suicide story with Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2016 4:54 PM

R171 You can watch it at the "Aaron Fan" channel on youtube. There are currently three playlists:

Aaron & Robert:

Part 1 - 375

Part 376 - 517

Part 518 - Present

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 22, 2016 8:08 PM

R172, Thank you!!!!

by Anonymousreply 173April 22, 2016 10:24 PM

R171/r173 here again, with some questions:

What is the accent used on the show? I'm not familiar with the regional accents in the UK, and this seems working class, even though the show is set in rural locale.

Is Chrissy older than Robert? I swear, he looks early 20s and she looks early 30s.

Also, Danny Miller looks so much better with the fuller hair and beard.

by Anonymousreply 174April 23, 2016 3:14 PM

R174 yes Chrissie is older than Robert by about 5 or 6 years.

by Anonymousreply 175April 23, 2016 7:10 PM

Robert is 30, R174.

by Anonymousreply 176April 23, 2016 7:53 PM

Robert looks good with his new haircut and Aaron does look good with a beard.

by Anonymousreply 177April 23, 2016 8:12 PM

Ok, I'm up to Katie's death. A couple of things....

First, I'm loving the melodrama, and the actors are knocking it out of the park, but...Robert is so clearly a sociopath and the times he and Aaron have spent together were so fleeting, with little in the way of a connection being developed, I have a hard time really believing that Aaron could really be in love. A crush maybe, or just hot for his body and cock...but love? Danny Miller sells it to a degree (he's SUCH a great cryer), but still.

Second, and I realize all soaps do this, but it always bugs me -- people getting away with murder. Obviously, I don't know exactly HOW they get around it, but I know both characters are still on the show, so I'm assuming nobody has yet found out that Robert pushed Katie and that Aaron helped cover it up -- surely there would still be SOME kind of evidence linking them to her death -- the tire tracks of their cars, for example -- and wouldn't it be involuntary manslaughter for Robert and aiding and abetting for Aaron. I suppose it would've been less dramatic, but from a realistically legal standpoint, it would've been better if Robert had locked Katie in the room, left her and she fell to her death trying to get out.

by Anonymousreply 178April 24, 2016 3:54 AM

R178 ITA on both points.

And if soap writers are going to have a character kill someone and stick around, then at least have the character who's killed deserve to die or add enough variables to make the whole thing rather sketchy (i.e. something that a 12-member jury wouldn't be able to agree as to what happened or the circumstances). I don't think either apply in Katie's death.

by Anonymousreply 179April 24, 2016 9:38 PM

Perhaps the most disturbing part about Aaron forgiving Robert is that Aaron, as we now know, was the victim of another charming sociopath who (almost) got away with his crimes. Robert has put on a good show of contrition, and it may be sincere. But to Aaron, that shouldn't be reason enough to date him.

One could say Aaron has dealt with abuses of power and staying silent over injustice for so long that he is jaded, which is a sad way to characterise him (isn't he supposed to be getting his inner strength back after the Trial?) but is the only explanation that holds. Why else would dogged good guy Aaron let this slide?

R178, I suppose the cynical answer is that Robert is a tall, handsome, loaded, blond English Gentleman; the rules of television dictate therefore that he can do exactly as he pleases and remain above the law.

by Anonymousreply 180April 25, 2016 11:56 AM

Emmerdale is set in the rural north, in a rugged but beautiful region known as the Yorkshire Dales, R174. Stereotypical characters hailing from Yorkshire may seem very similar to those from New England, likely to be portrayed as laconic, bluntly honest, spendthrift and close to the land. The typical 'Yorkshire lad' may also be hard-headed, dour and tactless, but incredibly loyal, affectionate and reliable, as well as hard-working to a fault. Interestingly, this is very close to the stereotype of Scots.

In England, Northern rural people are stereotyped as quieter and more insular than their Southern rural counterparts (originating from anywhere in the West Midlands all the way to Wales). As in the US, British Southerners are seen as plain-speaking and bucolic, but more trusting, gentle and talkative than those from the cold North.

You may be associating the Yorkshire accent with working class or urban characters because the majority of British drama and comedy set 'Up North' is of the kitchen sink/industrial city/urban deprivation variety and takes place in more populous Northern areas like Manchester, Sheffield and Liverpool (nowhere near the Yorkshire Dales). This is actually an outdated trope, however, as industry has slowly retreated from the North since the 80's and regeneration projects have got underway. Sheffield, for example, which is often stereotyped as a grimy impoverished Steel city stuck in the '40's, has the most greenspace compared to urbanspace in Britain (mainly because the city's boundary includes a large unpopulated part of the Peak district). Most of the old, dirty factories have been knocked down and replaced with shops and apartments. Not only that, modern Sheffield apparently has more trees per person than any other city in Europe. Manchester and Leeds have done similar things. That said, while that stereotype of the North is becoming less and less true, the North remains the poorest region of Britain, due to a variety of factors: breakdown of community employment due to Thatcherite economic policies; the re-alignment of the economy towards London and the Square Mile; growing London narcissism; and that Conservative governments have ignored Northern Regeneration to look for success stories elsewhere.

Among the more famous examples of Northern dramas are the original british Queer As Folk series; the original british Shameless series; Two Pints of Lager & a Packet of Crisps; The Royle Family; Auf Wiedersehen, Pet; Coronation Street; Life On Mars; The Likely Lads; The Full Monty; Kinky Boots; Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels; Billy Elliot; & The Damned United. Emmerdale stands out as a rarity because it follows the lives of exclusively rural folk, at least a quarter of whom are landowners/business owners with good looks, posh cars and expensive houses (Robert exemplifies this)

The link below is an excellent reference for British accents if you want to read more:

[quote] ?..Noticeably archaic ("thee" and "thou" are still used in conversation in rural areas) with broadly shifted vowels compared to Received Pronunciation, Yorkshire dialect is heavily influenced in both vocabulary and phonemes by (of all things) Norwegian, thanks to invading Vikings long ago. It can, at its worst, be absolutely impenetrable to non-Brits, to the point of not sounding like English at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 25, 2016 1:20 PM

Ok, I've made it to Chrissie's confession in The Woolpack after the helicopter crash. I wish we had this show in full here in the U.S. It's so addicting.

Still, can't stand Robert and don't see what Aaron sees in him; what makes the story work are the performances, particularly Danny Miller and, especially, Louise Marwood as Chrissie -- love her, she's SO over-the-top, glamorously bitchy, but wounded. And, of course, the melodramatic writing and the campy dialogue (Chrissie to Moira: "There's only one person in my marriage sleeping with another man and it's NOT me!").

by Anonymousreply 182April 28, 2016 3:00 AM

Very interesting, R181. Thanks for the info.

I don't think Chrissy will be around much longer.

by Anonymousreply 183April 28, 2016 8:46 PM

[quote] I wish we had this show in full here in the U.S. It's so addicting.

I was hoping ITV would eventually add Emmerdale to Hulu (US) like they did with Coronation Street some three years ago (with over 800 back episodes available). But it was just announced that they've stopped that as of April 7, 2016. Same with Channel 4's Hollyoaks. Same end date. And last Summer Dish stopped its PPV offering of EastEnders, which they'd been doing for some 11 years, saying terms with the BBC couldn't be agreed upon.

I guess we have to thank the pirates and VPNs. I wonder how long the latter will last, though. Seems the BBC is finding technological ways to stop many of them as well.

by Anonymousreply 184April 28, 2016 8:57 PM

I'm hopeful that someday there will be a streaming service in the US that includes Coronation Street and Emmerdale.

by Anonymousreply 185April 29, 2016 4:10 AM

Pearl is so nosy

by Anonymousreply 186May 7, 2016 2:04 AM

I want Pierce inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 187May 7, 2016 10:41 PM

You a aren't the only one r187

by Anonymousreply 188May 7, 2016 11:01 PM

Give me K Fletcher and M Parr (Andy and Ross).

by Anonymousreply 189May 7, 2016 11:40 PM

I don't watch any longer, but I was wondering if they've disclosed who the Ronnie Hale character is connected to yet?

by Anonymousreply 190May 9, 2016 6:54 PM

Only that he's Chrissie's biological father but I think he was getting it on with Laurence, too.

by Anonymousreply 191May 9, 2016 7:11 PM

Lawrence and Chrissie's mother probably had a threesome with Ronnie

by Anonymousreply 192May 9, 2016 7:28 PM

Thanks for the update R191 R192.

by Anonymousreply 193May 9, 2016 9:43 PM

R192, I brought this up way upthread. To me it's the only reason Laurence could be so anguished over revealing the truth to Chrissie. I think Ellen brought Ronny in to complete the threesome because she was aware of Laurence being gay and knew another male in their bed would perk him up.

by Anonymousreply 194May 10, 2016 6:34 PM

You know that might be it r194

by Anonymousreply 195May 10, 2016 6:43 PM

From a narrative perspective, how does that tie Chrissie into Emmerdale more closely? I would think bringing on a character who knows she was adopted would lead to her discovery that she's related to some established character(s) in the village.

Have I watched too many American soaps?

by Anonymousreply 196May 10, 2016 10:40 PM

R196, it's already confirmed Ronny is her father. And Laurence never lived in Emmerdale before.

by Anonymousreply 197May 10, 2016 11:35 PM

I understand that, r197, I'm just looking at it from a writer's perspective: how do I tie Chrissie (and, by extension, the White family) in more tightly to the Emmerdale canvas - normally, on soaps, by making her a long-lost daughter/sister/aunt, etc. They don't seem to be doing that here, which puzzles me.

by Anonymousreply 198May 11, 2016 3:30 AM

R198 If the character is meant to stick around, one common solution is you have them marry into a core family. Chrissie's already been married to one Sudgen. That could happen again.

by Anonymousreply 199May 11, 2016 4:01 AM

I think Chrissie will be gone by late summer, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 200May 11, 2016 10:02 PM

No! I love Chrissie! Get rid of the annoying Liv instead.

by Anonymousreply 201May 11, 2016 11:05 PM

Liv will be on past Christmas, probably.

by Anonymousreply 202May 12, 2016 12:26 AM

Six years ago today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 13, 2016 11:12 PM

Wonderful episode tonight. Beautiful tribute to Edna. If this went head to head with tonight's equally moving episode of EastEnders for a BAFTA I think Emmerdale would have the edge.

by Anonymousreply 204May 13, 2016 11:16 PM

On Hollyoaks, we had dastardly, gay attorney, James, blackmailing hot, gay twink, Harry, for the win!

by Anonymousreply 205May 14, 2016 12:00 AM

Does Adam know yet that the baby is not his?

by Anonymousreply 206May 17, 2016 5:17 PM

So Aaron breaks up with Robert once again. Robert is right about needing a rule book with Aaron. It was funny seeing Chas singing Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" in the car.

by Anonymousreply 207May 17, 2016 9:18 PM

Yes, R206. He found out a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 208May 17, 2016 9:34 PM

Danny Miller has gotten himself a new haircut.

by Anonymousreply 209May 18, 2016 8:22 AM

He was on "Loose Women" on Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 18, 2016 8:50 AM

Did Katie Price's son call him a cunt, R210?

by Anonymousreply 211May 18, 2016 5:18 PM

Why would Aaron turn down £250k? So stupid. I hate when soap characters do this. It's unrealistic. So Liv will inherit £500k and at least two guys will try to kill her for her money. Or Charity might kidnap her for ransom.

by Anonymousreply 212May 18, 2016 6:56 PM

The segment on "Loose Women" was longer than this clip, but of course, they had to cover the tiresome subject of "kissing men."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 18, 2016 10:20 PM

I watched it live, and I think this appears to be the whole segment; although it doesn't include the intro video they ran before he came on stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 18, 2016 10:26 PM

Why do shows do that r213?

by Anonymousreply 215May 18, 2016 10:28 PM

R215 It's a show for Fraus, and of course, they're letting their audience know that Danny is STRAIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 216May 18, 2016 11:00 PM

Well, the twist that many suspected comes out this week.

They were ... LOVERS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 24, 2016 1:55 AM

And that adds fuel to my assertion that Ronnie was brought into a three-way with Laurence's wife Ellen and Laurence and Ronnie fell in love, instead.

by Anonymousreply 218May 24, 2016 2:13 AM

I'm not too surprised about Lawrence as I had suspected it.

by Anonymousreply 219May 24, 2016 2:27 AM

It seemed very obvious from the way they looked at each other in their first scene together that they'd been lovers. Only Helen Keller wouldn't notice. And some fraus, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 220May 24, 2016 2:31 AM

Will we get elder gay sex?

Do they have shippers? #Lawnnie

The parallels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 25, 2016 10:14 PM

Was it a single episode tonight? I thought they did 2 eps on Thursdays?

By the way, what do we know about Nick Miles (Jimmy)? I get a gay vibe from him. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 222May 27, 2016 2:44 AM

Nick Miles (Jimmy) has been married (to a woman) for about the last 10 years.

The only thing I know about him is he doesn't seem to have a problem showing his bum on this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 27, 2016 5:16 AM

R222 I think the live "Britain's Got Talent" semi-final pre-empted the showing of a second episode of Emmerdale this Thursday. Next week's schedule shows the same thing for a live football match.

by Anonymousreply 224May 27, 2016 5:51 AM

Cool, thanks guys!

by Anonymousreply 225May 27, 2016 12:45 PM

Emmerdale won 5 awards at the British soap awards including finally winning the top prize of Best Soap.

by Anonymousreply 226May 29, 2016 4:23 AM

It absolutely deserved to win over EastEnders and Coronation Street.

by Anonymousreply 227May 29, 2016 4:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 29, 2016 10:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 29, 2016 10:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 29, 2016 10:02 PM

SO cool, and well-deserved! Wish I could find full clips of the presentation of the awards.

by Anonymousreply 231May 29, 2016 10:48 PM

The clip of the show winning. I have to admit, it's quite joyous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 30, 2016 4:25 AM

R231 If you're not in the UK (where the show is at ITV), someone has put the first half of the show up at Daily Motion to watch. I think you have to disable adblock. Since the uploader labeled it "Part 1," I'm assuming the other Part will be forthcoming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 30, 2016 5:32 AM

Scottish trans ladies scare me. Do they ever refer to her on Hollyoaks as Mrs. Doubtfire?

by Anonymousreply 234May 30, 2016 10:58 PM

R231 Here are better quality videos of the whole BSA 2016 at youtube than the one I linked to previously at DailyMotion.

The user's playlist has the show divided into 19 videos, plus several red carpet interviews with the lads from Emmerdale, EastEnders, and Hollyoaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 31, 2016 12:03 AM

Are they finally going somewhere with Lawrence? He's obviously gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 3, 2016 4:19 PM

I gather it will lead to him getting killed off this summer.

by Anonymousreply 237June 3, 2016 4:24 PM

Has Ryan Hawley displayed his taut bum on the show yet?

by Anonymousreply 238June 3, 2016 5:28 PM

Not naked, but there was a shot of his ass in black boxer briefs.

by Anonymousreply 239June 3, 2016 5:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 3, 2016 5:42 PM

I'm starting to think that Dr. Bailey has been setting up Belle for months now, always intending to frame her for his wife's murder. By all indications she's an heiress of some sort-I doubt that fabulous house was bought on his salary-and he's been after her fortune since he married her. He can use Belle's mental health history/Gemma's murder and the stalker angle to make his dream come true.

by Anonymousreply 241June 5, 2016 4:37 PM

Well Bernice now knows the truth about her husband Lawrence and that him and Ronnie were once lovers which means she married a gay man and not a man who just wasn't interested sex.

by Anonymousreply 242June 6, 2016 9:09 PM

I'm happy the truth is finally out. It's also refreshing to see older gay men on tv, not just the young hot types, though I like them too, of course :)

by Anonymousreply 243June 6, 2016 9:22 PM

But it looks as though Bernice is angry and might want revenge

by Anonymousreply 244June 6, 2016 9:42 PM

I'm sorry but I don't have much sympathy for Bernice. Everyone warned her, even her step brother Robert Sugden. She made her choice, it's her own fault. None of this would have happened if she'd just listen to what people said. Robert might be a mean sob, manipulative and narcissistic. That still doesn't change the fact that he was spot on about Lawrence, he knew since the start. He said Lawrence hired him because he wanted him. Oh and btw, those scenes between Robert and Lawrence are classic, some of the best scenes ever on Emmerdale imo.

by Anonymousreply 245June 6, 2016 9:48 PM

R245 But you Bernice might decide to go around the village to tell anyone who will listen about Lawrence deceiving her with him being gay and hiding it

by Anonymousreply 246June 6, 2016 10:14 PM

R425 True true. One of my favorite scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 6, 2016 10:18 PM

Dear lord is he EVER gonna come out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 9, 2016 9:03 PM

I sorta like Bernice. YAAAS Ronnie, finally the truth is out! They fell in love. I like this storyline a lot. It's about time we get to see older gay men on tv, and not just teenage twinks coming out. It's clichéd and overdone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 11, 2016 9:46 AM

I still think the missing element is there was a three way relationship with Ellen, Ronnie and Lawrence and that's why Chrissy is Ronnie's bio daughter.

by Anonymousreply 250June 12, 2016 2:33 AM

While I may not have the whole backstory, Ronnie seems totally gay to me. And in the clip, he indicates he "wasn't proud" to be fooling around with a married man. I don't think a guy in bisexual three-way would think like that or express that emotion to a woman who's asking him for his honest version of events. And they'd still have to explain who Rebecca White's father is (Chrissy's sister). Has that gotten any mention?

by Anonymousreply 251June 12, 2016 3:04 AM

It's already been established that Ronnie is Chrissie's bio father. How else could he turn out to be her father?

by Anonymousreply 252June 12, 2016 3:07 AM

When was that established? I thought Lawrence was only insinuating that so as to throw Bernice off the trail.

by Anonymousreply 253June 12, 2016 3:08 AM

I think it seemed clear when Chrissy asked him if he was her father and he "denied" it. Why would Lawrence go to such great lengths to keep her from knowing the truth. The actor playing Ronnie, John McArdle, is going to be made a regular and there are rumors Lawrence is being killed off this summer so do the math.

by Anonymousreply 254June 12, 2016 3:12 AM

[quote] And they'd still have to explain who Rebecca White's father is (Chrissy's sister). Has that gotten any mention?

Sort of, but still unclear. They mentioned Rebecca's paternity the day after Lawrence told Chrissy that he's not her father. Lawrence told Chrissy that, with Rebecca, things weren't as "clear cut" (timing wise) and that, in Rebecca's case, he honestly didn't know, if he was her father or not.

by Anonymousreply 255June 13, 2016 2:32 AM

Did they skip an episode? Friday ended with Bernice crying alone in the dark while Chrissie and Andy are kissing on the other side of the door, tonight Bernice and Andy are talking about having kissed each other the night before?

by Anonymousreply 256June 14, 2016 4:02 AM

R256, there was an episode Sunday night because of Euro 2016. No Emmerdale until Friday night, too.

by Anonymousreply 257June 14, 2016 4:19 AM

Thank you, r257.

by Anonymousreply 258June 14, 2016 12:34 PM

Belle and Dr. Bailey are boring the shit out of me.

Oops, Pierce really is a controlling piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 259July 7, 2016 3:27 AM

Damn.. after watching Corrie I just realize how tame, and even lame, Robert & Aaron's "romance" is. Even their kissing is sort of "meh". Todd and Billy on Corrie have amazing chemistry, like they're actually smoking hot together. And their kissing is so much better too.

by Anonymousreply 260July 14, 2016 2:28 PM

The poker scenes were bearable only because of the palpable, and I think unintentional, sexual chemistry between Pierce and Rakesh. Wowza. I'd like to see Pierce collect his debt by making Rakesh his bottom bitch but I'm pretty sure they won't go there.

Is it possible Belle could suffer a "hysterical pregnancy" if her "conversations" with "Ellie" are any indication? Stranger and stranger.

Still WAAAAY too much of Tracey Sharon Shankley on this show. I guess she's the pet of the new producer.

by Anonymousreply 261July 24, 2016 3:50 AM

Tracy doesn't annoy me as much as Belle. God, she's so annoying, Not as obnoxiously awful as Liv, but still annoying.

I thought the Moira/Holly stuff has been real good -- both actresses have been doing great work.

Hate the stuff with Lawrence; it's a shitty way to end his storyline.

by Anonymousreply 262July 24, 2016 4:55 AM

The Moira/Holly stuff has been terrific. The young actress playing Holly wasn't so good when she was first in the show but now she's really believable and touching.

by Anonymousreply 263July 24, 2016 9:38 PM

Gabby sure did deserve what she got tonight. What an awful little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 264August 2, 2016 10:07 PM

Everything was on fire tonight. This is how you do soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 265August 2, 2016 10:29 PM

The "breakthrough" scene with Gabby was awful, though. That girl just can't act.

by Anonymousreply 266August 2, 2016 10:30 PM

I will grant you that. She does snotty well, but little else.

by Anonymousreply 267August 2, 2016 10:32 PM

The girl playing Victoria wasn't good when she found out about the drug dealer, either. Her tears and anguish seemed forced. But the actresses playing Moira and Holly really know how to play this shit.

by Anonymousreply 268August 3, 2016 2:16 AM

Good for Moira for tossing out Pizza Face. He looked like he stunk up the joint-the British Gavin Creel.

by Anonymousreply 269August 5, 2016 9:50 PM

Goddamn, I want to push Chrissie against a wall and bang her head against it until her eyes pop out.

by Anonymousreply 270August 13, 2016 8:31 PM

No! No! No! I adore Chrissie. Aside from the Moira/Holly stuff, Chrissie being a bitch is the best thing about the show.

by Anonymousreply 271August 14, 2016 1:06 AM

She's got to get her comeuppance, though.

by Anonymousreply 272August 14, 2016 1:33 AM

Caine kicking Charity out of the Woolpack was stupid.

Are Ronny and the rich old guy finally gonna do the homosex?

by Anonymousreply 273August 23, 2016 4:36 AM

Who is the top and who is the bottom?

by Anonymousreply 274August 23, 2016 5:02 AM

Lawrence seems like a fussy bottom. And due to the assumed age difference, I'd guess that Lawrence bottomed for Edna's husband. But I don't watch regularly., so I might have it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 275August 23, 2016 5:29 AM

I think Ronny's the bossy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 276August 23, 2016 4:52 PM

It sucks that Ronnie is leaving, I really liked him.

by Anonymousreply 277August 23, 2016 5:23 PM

Isn't he coming back, though? On last night's episode he was just going out to Spain for a bit to see his brother.

by Anonymousreply 278August 23, 2016 5:39 PM

In my homeland we just saw the dramatic episode, where Val died. Robert is lunatic and Aaron a mess. Hot Ross is left to the woods.

by Anonymousreply 279August 23, 2016 6:06 PM

The little girl who plays April is adorable but they give her way too much dialogue and I can't figure out half of what she fucking says.

I predict Rakesh and Chrissie will have hate sex before too long.

by Anonymousreply 280August 24, 2016 3:00 AM

I can't wait to see Rakesh give Chrissie the pounding she's always wanted.

by Anonymousreply 281August 25, 2016 1:05 AM

Priya is pretty and yeah, she's "quite feisty" but a bore.

by Anonymousreply 282August 25, 2016 1:53 AM

Here's a very sweet and funny farewell video from the cast to Kelvin Fletcher (Andy):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 25, 2016 3:24 AM

I have to force myself to watch Emmerdale right now. Oates wasn't the best, but this new guy is awful. Writing has really plummeted to Hollyoaks level. Nothing makes sense. Everything conviently falls together to create drama. What a load of crap.

by Anonymousreply 284August 25, 2016 5:20 AM

The Chrissie/Rakesh storyline is awful.

by Anonymousreply 285August 26, 2016 11:59 PM

As an American viewer, I think the one thing that bothers me is how crowded and fast the show can be at times. I get that it tries to show a single day per episode, which is better than American soaps dragging out a single day for a month; on the other hand, I miss the lengthy dramatic scenes between characters that American soaps revel in -- for example, the stuff with Moira and Holly recently, I wanted those scenes to go on longer, to really "hit" me with drama of it all; even the scenes with Chrissie and Rakesh, as ridiculous as it is, I wanted more of it, because it felt like a climactic moment in the storyline, but the show just barely skimmed it. I guess my solution would be to continue with the single day episodes, but focus on fewer characters per episode, or at least do so when a story is at a peak climax.

by Anonymousreply 286August 28, 2016 4:29 PM

I agree, R286, but I'm afraid it's this new producer who's guilty of setting the show onto this particular style. Under other regimes the show was much less choppy and the storylines were allowed to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 287August 28, 2016 7:29 PM

R285, I like it. Not because it's good but because I think they have a lot of chemistry together. They should have paired them up since the start. Chrissie and Andy made no sense, would be better to see her with Rakesh. At least she has chemistry with him.

by Anonymousreply 288August 28, 2016 7:34 PM

I also think although I like Aaron and Robert together, that there is something missing. They never show affection outside of a few pecks here and there. They never touch, hug.. they even stand 10 feet apart while talkng to each other. I just got so sick of it. The sad thing is I didn't even notice it before. It wasn't until I started watching Corrie and the gay couple there that it really hit me. Idk.. maybe it's because Corrie has done so incredibly well with the gay couple so far and the difference is just so striking. With the gay couple on Corrie it's just obvious how much they are in love, with the flirting, the heart eyes, the touching, the kisses, the hugs etc. They seem like a normal couple, unlike Robert and Aaron on Emmerdale who seem more like friends than boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 289August 28, 2016 7:37 PM

I think that your right r289 about Aaron and Robert but the show currently have Aaron acting sometimes like a nagging frau which they shouldn't be doing.

by Anonymousreply 290August 28, 2016 7:56 PM

R290, I realize the shows are different, and the couples are different. Robert only just came out and Aaron doesn't like showing emotions, including PDA. It may be true to the characters, but it still feels like something is missing. It just feels off, like they are more friends than boyfriends. I think it's done much better on Corrie. It's too bad because I really do think Aaron and Robert have a lot of potential. They just need to be more affectionate.

by Anonymousreply 291August 28, 2016 8:03 PM

Agree with r290: the addition of Liv has been a disaster for the Aaron/Robert story; I wish they would get rid of Liv and go back to Robert scheming and Aaron being conflicted by his love for Robert.

by Anonymousreply 292August 28, 2016 8:06 PM

Also agree with r288: even though the set-up is ridiculous, I'm enjoying the Chrissie/Rakesh story because the actors have such great chemistry together.

by Anonymousreply 293August 28, 2016 8:08 PM

After the happy-together phase, gay soap couples eventually need potential interlopers, if they're going to remain interesting. Just like straight couples.

And people can criticize Hollyoaks, but at least their five gay men are all somewhat interconnected at this point, so they can play off each other as ex-husbands (Ste and John Paul), ex-boyfriends (John Paul and Scott), ex-one night stands for cash (James and Harry), ex-secret lovers (John Paul and James), etc. (And I believe there could be a sixth guy on the horizon).

And while R292's idea about having Robert go back to scheming and Aaron being conflicted over it sounds like the best route for relationship drama, it would be made even better (imho) if Robert's scheming was with another gay guy and/or Aaron had an ex or some new guy he's met whom he began confiding in over this conflict.

by Anonymousreply 294August 28, 2016 10:54 PM

Liv really does bring down Aaron and Robert. Her total lack of energy would work better on film than on a soap like this.

Thank God we've gotten a break from Gabby.

by Anonymousreply 295August 29, 2016 3:13 AM

Call me when Aaron and Robert have a scene like this. I'm guessing hell would freeze over first. What's weird is that Corrie used to be the conservative soap, not Emmerdale. It's like they've switched places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296August 29, 2016 11:28 AM

Robert's casual homophobia in tonight's episode was disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 297August 31, 2016 7:22 PM

And the fact that Aaron wanted a "date" with Liv along for the ride. Pathetic. I hope Lachlan kills Liv when she gets nosey and he's given an award for justifiable homicide.

by Anonymousreply 298September 1, 2016 12:11 AM

So did James at least get to suck on Moira's titties?

by Anonymousreply 299September 8, 2016 2:42 AM

R296 Aaron and Robert has kissed and made out many times. They're different characters and there is or was a reason, why their scenes are different.

by Anonymousreply 300September 8, 2016 3:06 PM

When's the last time Finn got laid? That Darren guy, more than a year and half ago?

by Anonymousreply 301September 20, 2016 10:08 PM

Lisa could use some psych treatment down in Surrey herself.

by Anonymousreply 302September 23, 2016 10:06 PM

OMG, tonight's episode had me crying buckets.

by Anonymousreply 303September 29, 2016 9:07 PM

New promo for October. I guess MacLeod enjoyed those spectacular Hollyoaks' trailers. Very reminiscent of their promos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304October 1, 2016 9:11 PM

R300, yes, and they chemistry is off the charts! Just look at this hug. Not awkward at all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 1, 2016 9:46 PM

R305 The chemistry comes from the characters, mainly from Roberts, who is... well about everything a man shouldn't be. I like this story line and I hope writers will keep it problematic, and then, in the future Robert will come in terms of being gay.

by Anonymousreply 306October 1, 2016 10:01 PM

I know it wasn't supposed to be , but Aaron and Adam hugging was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307October 2, 2016 8:31 PM

R307, that's the main issue I have with the "Robron" pairing. Aaron has always had more chemistry with Adam than Robert. Aaron and Robert don't even seem like bfs most of the time, they're not very affectionate and their interactions are always so awkward.

by Anonymousreply 308October 2, 2016 8:35 PM

R306, Corrie has done the gay aspect so much better than Emmerdale though. I understand that Robert and Aaron are the more attractive couple, but ED has done a horrible job portraying them as convincing bfs.

by Anonymousreply 309October 2, 2016 8:43 PM

For this to become interesting to me, I think at some point, they'll have to introduce a viable, potential interloper.

by Anonymousreply 310October 2, 2016 9:10 PM

Rumor has it Robert will hook up with Chrissie's sister, R310.

by Anonymousreply 311October 2, 2016 9:12 PM

I think Pierce is the one who's getting killed off. Shame, he's a hot guy.

by Anonymousreply 312October 2, 2016 9:14 PM

Oh, wow, this is sad. I loved Zoe Tate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313October 6, 2016 7:14 PM

Glad to hear the target was reached.

by Anonymousreply 314October 16, 2016 3:29 AM

Robert finally said he's bisexual. It was about damn time!

by Anonymousreply 315October 17, 2016 7:12 PM

This won't sit well with those who wanted him to say he's gay r315

by Anonymousreply 316October 17, 2016 7:16 PM

R316, who? They must be idiots because it's aways been obvious he's bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 317October 17, 2016 7:45 PM

R317 there is a contingent of loons who believe that Robert is gay and just refusing to admit it. Which is what they want.

by Anonymousreply 318October 17, 2016 9:05 PM

Well, they're wrong, R318.

RIP James.

by Anonymousreply 319October 21, 2016 9:09 PM

Aaron says "yes".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320October 21, 2016 9:31 PM

Poor Moira, to lose Holly and James within weeks of each other.

Why would Pierce be at James' funeral, and so upset? Did they even know each other?

by Anonymousreply 321October 21, 2016 10:41 PM

Yes, R321. They were fuck buddies. That will be revealed in the Christmas episode when we see Pierce sneaking off to sob in his room holding one of James' wellies.

by Anonymousreply 322October 22, 2016 2:05 AM

It would be nice if they played the guy who was trapped in the car whom Finn rescued. (I noticed that he was listed in the credits as "Crash Victim" - actor Ethan Kai - below.)

Finn needs a story, so at some point, he'd seek Finn out to thank him properly. Of course, he'd be gay as well .. just had a bad break up with his ex-bf. He'd eventually become key in supporting confused Ashley's sketchy story that 'something' fell from the bridge onto his windshield causing the first crash. This guy would know it appeared to be a man falling from the bridge. And after the crash, he'd also recall having seen a woman standing up on the bridge in what looked like a wedding gown. As he and Finn would begin to date, he'd meet Emma, and she'd seem familiar to the guy. And it would take off from there.

I noticed he was listed in the credits as crash victim, actor Ethan Kai.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 22, 2016 7:20 PM

R323 Very suitable to play Finn's bf.

by Anonymousreply 324October 22, 2016 8:13 PM

R323, I read somewhere that Finn is finally getting a love interest and this is the guy. And it will be him, and not Ashley, who ends up identifying Finn's mom as the one who caused the pile-up by pushing James onto the highway.

by Anonymousreply 325October 23, 2016 4:26 AM

R325 That would be great.

by Anonymousreply 326October 23, 2016 8:43 PM

From Digital Spy:

It'd be a shame if Emmerdale didn't make some effort to explore the full scale of the road pile-up, which affected various background vehicles and characters rather than just our favourites.

We love a good fan theory, and there's already a lot of speculation among viewers that we could see 'Crash Victim' - the guy who Finn helped on the road - again beyond this week.

The evidence is mainly based on the fact that Ethan Kai, the actor who played the Crash Victim, looked a bit too "future sexiest male nominee" to be a random extra. Plus him and Joe Gill (Finn) already follow each other on Twitter. Could this be a hint that they've worked together more? Or do they just really like each other's tweets and everyone's barking up the wrong tree? Only time will tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327October 23, 2016 10:04 PM

Thanks, R327 I had not even read or heard anything like that when I posted at R323. Hope what others "sensed" or at least "imagined" from the possible set-up comes true.

by Anonymousreply 328October 23, 2016 10:29 PM

Looks like we were right; here's a spoiler pic for next week showing Finn visiting Studly Accident Victim in the hospital:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329October 26, 2016 8:10 PM

I APPROVE 100%. .. Been waiting for a Finn story. .. And if it leads to the downfall of Emma, it could prove central.

by Anonymousreply 330October 26, 2016 8:38 PM

Moira should have slapped Emma back.

by Anonymousreply 331November 5, 2016 4:16 AM

I was watching it at work on my iPhone; when Emma slapped Moira, I gasped so loudly that my neighbors came running over to find out if I was ok!

by Anonymousreply 332November 5, 2016 4:22 AM

Will Finn get lucky? .. At least volunteer to give him a sponge bath?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 6, 2016 1:10 AM

Finn deserves to r333

by Anonymousreply 334November 6, 2016 4:17 AM

R333 He will be the hottest guy in the show.

by Anonymousreply 335November 6, 2016 1:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336November 7, 2016 1:12 AM

Finn is finally going to have someone interested in him after a long while of not getting any action.

by Anonymousreply 337November 7, 2016 5:04 AM

Hopefully, Kasim isn't paralyzed from the waist down or something.

by Anonymousreply 338November 7, 2016 5:32 AM

R338 I hope they don't do that also although Aaron went through that before with a previous boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 339November 7, 2016 6:11 AM

Yes, r339, and I stopped watching the show because of that; I started up again only because of this thread. They don't need to go down that road again.

by Anonymousreply 340November 7, 2016 1:03 PM

Kasim will finger Finn's mom as the one who caused the pile-up-hopefully after he's already fingered Finn's hole.

by Anonymousreply 341November 7, 2016 4:02 PM

Looks like Rebecca still interested in Robert and will try to go out of her way to get him to have sex with her again.

by Anonymousreply 342November 8, 2016 8:56 AM

Seem someone is going warn Finn to stay away from Kasim r341 which will only make him want to see him more.

by Anonymousreply 343November 10, 2016 1:22 AM

Finn asking Aaron whether straight men like Kylie because he has better gaydar than him and wanting him to use his gaydar on Kasim.

by Anonymousreply 344November 14, 2016 12:45 PM

The Kerry Show sucks. Please stop.

by Anonymousreply 345November 18, 2016 6:57 PM

She's played by a good actress but it really is overkill. And her substituting "us" for "me" is really annoying. I know it's a regional thing but nobody else on the show seems to do it.

by Anonymousreply 346November 19, 2016 2:50 PM

The regional "we/us" thing is really annoying now that Kerry's being heavily featured. .. Both Zak and Lisa use another variation of it when talking about "Our" Belle - even when they're not together. During Belle's last psych crisis, that was getting to be a bit much as well. You'd think her name was "Arbelle."

by Anonymousreply 347November 19, 2016 5:00 PM

R347, that sort of thing was extremely common in the now defunct soap Brookside. Every episode seemed to have a reference to "Our Danny" or "Our Rachel."

by Anonymousreply 348November 19, 2016 6:49 PM

Friday November 25

[quote] Still reeling from James’s death, Finn turns to Kasim who he saved from the car crash which took his dad’s life while Moira finds support from an unexpected ‘ally’.

Moving sooooo slow ... can Kasim at least wake up now?

by Anonymousreply 349November 19, 2016 7:19 PM

They want to drag out the reveal that Kasim, and not Ashley, is the one who will identify Emma as the one to blame for the pile-up. I suspect this will happen just before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 350November 20, 2016 3:07 AM

Finn admitted that he doesn't have good gaydar and Chrissie is a super annoying bitch nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 351November 20, 2016 3:42 AM

When will Ronnie and Lawrence finally get down to business? Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 352November 20, 2016 10:15 PM

I still like Chrissie; I love the actress playing her and that her character has some complexity, alternating between vindictive bitchiness and crippling self-doubt. IMHO, she's the most compelling character on the show.

by Anonymousreply 353November 21, 2016 3:41 AM

R352 I guess when Lawrence stops acting fussy

by Anonymousreply 354November 21, 2016 4:00 AM

Thomas Atkinson who plays Chrissie's son Lachlan turned 18 today.

by Anonymousreply 355November 21, 2016 3:35 PM

Am I the first to point out here how much the actress who plays Diane looks like Vicki Lawrence? Their facial resemblance is uncanny!

by Anonymousreply 356November 21, 2016 7:27 PM

Spoiler from ITV:

[quote] At the hospital, Finn's upset to learn Kasim was arrested when he came out of the coma. The nurse tries to reassure him, but Finn fears the worst. Unable to handle the thought of Kasim dying, Finn calls Aaron who reassures him. However, Finn worries to see Kasim being whisked away down the corridor and things are set to get even worse.

Also, it sounds like Rebecca is going to do something to try and get Ronnie and Lawrence together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 22, 2016 1:56 AM

Things are happening for Ronnie and Lawrence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358November 23, 2016 9:25 AM

For some reason the link isn't appearing properly. Think it's the site not DL

by Anonymousreply 359November 23, 2016 9:27 AM

Yep Lawrence finally admit his feelings for Ronnie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360November 23, 2016 2:45 PM

Jimmy and Bernice? Please no.

by Anonymousreply 361November 27, 2016 5:55 PM

I noticed in the credits they gave Kasim a last name: Kasim Sabet.

I wonder if he'll need physical therapy? ;-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362November 29, 2016 8:02 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 29, 2016 3:29 PM

Another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 29, 2016 10:45 PM

Debbie Dingle's coming back in January.

I hate Debbie Dingle.

by Anonymousreply 365December 3, 2016 4:07 AM

Finn and Kasim first kiss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366December 8, 2016 1:59 PM

Finn is funny, but uptight, Kasim relaxed and easy going. I like this story line.

by Anonymousreply 367December 8, 2016 4:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 8, 2016 9:18 PM

Yes r367 this a nice storyline and it's about time Finn got one.

by Anonymousreply 369December 8, 2016 10:01 PM

Kasim has now met Finn's crazy mom Emma

by Anonymousreply 370December 10, 2016 4:13 PM

Ashley's caregiver, Will, is cute. (Actor, Ben Gerrard).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371December 15, 2016 10:28 AM

Laurel is going to fuck Will, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 372December 15, 2016 11:47 AM

He's far too good looking for Laurel. That would be totally unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 373December 15, 2016 6:30 PM

Finn has the sex talk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 21, 2016 10:31 PM

Wow. They actually mentioned Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 375December 23, 2016 12:21 AM

Yes they did r375 and they also did a good job of showing how Ashley condition progress to a point of seeing his loved ones and friends as strangers.

by Anonymousreply 376December 23, 2016 12:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377December 23, 2016 6:33 PM

Kasim looks exactly like a hot, ethnic Andrew Garfield.

by Anonymousreply 378December 24, 2016 9:32 PM

Kasim is beautiful, but I so wish he would do something with the hair.

by Anonymousreply 379December 25, 2016 4:52 AM

Kasim and Finn just had sex.

by Anonymousreply 380December 25, 2016 8:15 AM

R380 Was it Finn's first time?

by Anonymousreply 381December 25, 2016 10:27 AM

No, R381, he chowed down on Aaron's 9 incher before it plowed his sweet virgin ass.

by Anonymousreply 382December 25, 2016 4:56 PM

R381 Finn was nervous because it's been so long since he has had sex and was afraid that Kasim would think he's bad in bed.

by Anonymousreply 383December 25, 2016 8:05 PM

Cute how they worked a mention of Finn and Aaron's one-off into the story ... and that little wink.

by Anonymousreply 384December 25, 2016 9:10 PM

R379 In the Christmas episode, it looked like Kasim had gotten some kind of trim, or maybe it was just the Christmas head band that he him wearing.

by Anonymousreply 385December 26, 2016 1:32 AM

The Finn-Kasim material has gone downhill really fast, and the upcoming spoiler about Aaron beating Kasim up sounds even worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 11, 2017 9:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387January 15, 2017 9:21 PM

Why doesn't the guy who plays Pierce ever shave? He's hot but that scruff on him must leave rug burns on the faces of those he makes out with.

by Anonymousreply 388January 16, 2017 7:32 PM

Pierce looks like the kind of guy who shaves at 8am and already has 5 o'clock shadow by noon.

by Anonymousreply 389January 18, 2017 10:25 PM

Finn is supposedlying going to hire a date(rent boy possibly) to try to make Kasim jealous.

by Anonymousreply 390January 18, 2017 11:24 PM

Silly Finn.

by Anonymousreply 391January 20, 2017 4:24 AM

Desperate Finn is neither attractive nor appealing. If they're trying to say he's as mental as his mother, they succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 392January 20, 2017 11:12 PM

I think they might go down that route this year. A gay bunny boiler...how quaint.

by Anonymousreply 393January 21, 2017 6:57 PM

That recast Sarah is damned good.

by Anonymousreply 394February 4, 2017 2:40 AM

I don't get Rebecca's wardrobe. Is it supposed to be comical?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395February 4, 2017 7:03 PM

i watched a few eps, not knowing it was a soap. Stopped watching beecause my eyeballs got tired from rolling so much.

then it hit me that it was a soap. Made Downton Abbey look like fucking Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 396February 4, 2017 7:15 PM

Hey, R396, it won the British Soap Award last May and the National Television Award a few weeks ago so shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 397February 5, 2017 3:17 AM

I love the smell of a gay wedding- Faith

Aaron is back in jail and didn't want to indicate on the form that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 398February 25, 2017 8:22 PM

Don't drop the soap, Aaron.

Sally Dexter is fabulous as Faith.

by Anonymousreply 399February 26, 2017 2:48 AM

Yes she is r399

by Anonymousreply 400February 26, 2017 3:13 AM

This Ashley storyline is killing me. Maggie needs to DIE!

by Anonymousreply 401March 1, 2017 2:46 AM

I'm about a week behind, but can someone tell me ... in the episode where David was telling Jacob that the doctor felt the lump too and would be running more tests, the camera once or twice went to Jacob's hands behind his back and he appeared to have something in them. Are we supposed to know what he was holding? If so, I couldn't tell. I read a detailed synopsis of the episode, and they didn't mention anything, but the camera shots seemed on purpose. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 402March 2, 2017 5:00 AM

I guess Jason the "tough" prison inmate who's obsessed with homosexuals is a another closet case.

by Anonymousreply 403March 2, 2017 11:13 AM

R402, I think it was a pound coin. He got pissed at Gabby for spending it on their date.

by Anonymousreply 404March 3, 2017 1:14 AM

R404 Okay, thanks. That scene came three episodes came after the one I was originally referring to with the item in Jacob's hand. I guess it's significant to him somehow.

by Anonymousreply 405March 3, 2017 8:33 PM

The £ coin was some sort of good luck thing, I guess. Maybe his mother gave it to him?

by Anonymousreply 406March 3, 2017 8:46 PM

Poor Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 407March 8, 2017 7:53 PM

Britbox, which just debuted, will be carrying Emmerdale, 24 hours after it airs in England.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408March 8, 2017 8:23 PM

Yes r407

by Anonymousreply 409March 8, 2017 9:38 PM

Show got nearly 200 complaints for Aaron's homophobic prison attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 9, 2017 11:59 AM

I did think they went too far.

by Anonymousreply 411March 9, 2017 6:13 PM

What they need to go further with is "The Ross Barton (Gay) Dating Service."

Would really like to see the interviews.

by Anonymousreply 412March 9, 2017 6:53 PM

tan lined butt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413March 9, 2017 9:17 PM

This Pierce-Rhona storyline is really becoming tiresome. I assume he'll be holding Vanessa hostage at some point.

by Anonymousreply 414March 10, 2017 1:57 AM

I totally agree, R414. .. And I find The Whites just as tiresome.

Lawrence gets mad. Someone's going to leave. Everyone says sorry, and all is forgiven.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The other night I was wondering if these scenes would play better with canned laughter in the background.

by Anonymousreply 415March 10, 2017 9:56 PM

Liv definitely has the hots for Gabby.

by Anonymousreply 416March 16, 2017 1:43 AM

R416 Seems to be going that direction. And does Vanessa really have the hots for Rhona (again)? Or was that just Pierce mouthing off? They had some kind of affair once, right? (Wasn't watching full episodes back then.)

by Anonymousreply 417March 16, 2017 2:14 AM

They had a very brief ding dong, R417. I do think after Pierce is gone that Rhona and Vanessa will make a go of it.

by Anonymousreply 418March 16, 2017 4:53 PM

R418. Thanks. .. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they made a go of it in another town. .. They both kinda bug me, and it would be a nice exit story, eventually allowing for some fresh blood to be working with Paddy.

by Anonymousreply 419March 16, 2017 8:41 PM

What was with Lisa going on about loving Zak farting in front of the TV and leaving pee all over the bathroom floor? I WAS TRYING TO EAT MY DINNER!

by Anonymousreply 420March 17, 2017 4:34 AM

OK, Rebecca will get knocked up by Robert, right?

by Anonymousreply 421March 18, 2017 12:36 AM

So trite. One of the reasons I'm not into RobRon. You knew this was coming. But I imagine it's going to be a "Who's the Daddy?" Didn't Rebecca indicate she'd been with Ross the night before?

by Anonymousreply 422March 18, 2017 9:47 PM

So it'll be a "Who's the daddy?" storyline, then.

by Anonymousreply 423March 18, 2017 11:15 PM

Liv and Chas will be going to Ireland for awhile soon possibly around the time Aaron may be released.

by Anonymousreply 424March 20, 2017 11:18 AM

So is that it for Finn and Kasim? The whole thing was weirdly bizarre. And unless they change the Finn character when (if?) he comes back from Australia, I'm not even sure I want to see him in a story any more. They really did a number on him. .. And double ugh! .. we're still stuck with the annoying Emma. The idea that Kasim might eventually recognize Emma as the woman on the bridge was the way to go and get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 425March 20, 2017 10:56 PM

I really thought that's how they would go, R425.

by Anonymousreply 426March 20, 2017 11:34 PM

Cain and Harriett ??? oh.dear.gawd.

Recall this was part of Iain MacLeod's 2017 teasers:

[quote] He also let slip news that will devastate Coira fans, by admitting that Cain will be tempted by another woman. Iain teased: “I can’t tell you too much, but suffice to say we’re building to a massive story for Cain, where he’ll find himself being tempted by probably the person you’d least expect in the whole village.”

by Anonymousreply 427March 26, 2017 1:57 AM

That was awful writing in the Emma/Faith hospital scenes. So Faith didn't actually hear Emma's church confession? And Emma had thought that Faith being a pill popper was suitable blackmail leverage? Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 428March 26, 2017 4:28 AM

R428 Not only was it horrible writing, but it was horrible pacing. I mean, if you're going to have a blackmail scheme that goes belly-up, then at least string it out for awhile. Instead it's over with in one episode? I'm so done with the Emma character. She's so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 429March 26, 2017 5:13 AM

The actress is very good but yeah, Emma is way overdue to get killed off. Preferably by Kasim who realizes she was the woman in the wedding dress on the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 430March 26, 2017 5:18 AM

Ashley dies next week? Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 431April 1, 2017 3:18 AM

Aaron is now out and will he find out that Robert drunkly fucked Rebecca.

by Anonymousreply 432April 14, 2017 3:56 AM

Ho hum. I wish Aaron had met a hot guy in prison who helped hm with the bullies, only to get released in a bit and show up in town.

by Anonymousreply 433April 14, 2017 4:12 AM

Ashley's death was very moving. That little boy who plays Arthur better get a British Soap Award.

by Anonymousreply 434April 15, 2017 11:30 PM

Pierce's face seems to get more and more Witchie Poo the more evil he's revealed to be.

by Anonymousreply 435April 22, 2017 6:43 AM

Poor Rhona. Although I do want Pierce's peen inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 436April 25, 2017 5:10 PM

The actor who plays gay character Laurence White has been fired. Emma will apparently murder Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 437April 28, 2017 3:36 AM

Why was he fired r437?

by Anonymousreply 438April 28, 2017 5:15 AM

R438 I'm not R437, but to me, Lawrence getting killed off sounds storyline dictated. I mean, if The Whites are sticking around, then they really need something to shake up the dynamic. It's become repetitive with Lawrence pronouncing, "It's MY money!" .. then kicking someone out .. then forgiving them the next week .. with everything all better .. until the next time. .. I imagine if Lawrence dies they can play squabbles and power plays over the estate among his heirs. - jmho

Geez. Per MacLeod's latest interveiew, this thing between Pierce and Rhona lasts throughout the summer. ugh.

by Anonymousreply 439April 28, 2017 8:46 PM

Big mistake to make the Pierce/Rhona rape storyline last more than a few weeks. I assume he'll end up dead and there will be several suspects. I want the killer to be Rhona's kid.

by Anonymousreply 440April 28, 2017 8:55 PM

Now it looks like Lachlan will gun down both Lawrence and Emma. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 441May 8, 2017 3:20 AM

Claire King has quit Coronation Street so I hope she'll come back to Emmerdale as Kim Tate.

by Anonymousreply 442May 19, 2017 11:07 PM

Robert is supposed to tell Aaron next week about drunkly fucking Rebecca while he was jail.

by Anonymousreply 443May 20, 2017 12:42 AM

Robert's the bottom, right? Therefore he won't lose Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 444May 20, 2017 2:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 20, 2017 3:04 AM

Robert Sugden *is* a massive cock; no word on whether he's got an appreciation for taking them.

Aaron, and even Rebecca for that matter, could do better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446May 31, 2017 10:49 PM

Yeah, Aaron deserves a lot better. Someone like Luke Evans.

by Anonymousreply 447June 1, 2017 9:44 AM

R444 darlin, whatever can that mean? Aaron's got other options if he wants to dominate in bed.

It isn't even clear if Robert has a preferred bedroom role. Most gay tv boys tend to be vers as a rule, especially the bisexual and antagonistic ones. Robert to me seems exactly the type to switch daily, choosing his approach according to who he wants to manipulate when he gets up in the morning.

The writers keep flip-flopping between extremes with him, though. At the start of Robron (when it was just a sordid extramarital to kill time) it was implied Robert topped, and that he was well-endowed and proud of it. After Robron fell in love in their ghastly & troubling fashion,Robert suddenly started behaving coyly and took on more submissive body language around Aaron in lovescenes, acting more 'bottom' and flirtatiously fawning over Aaron's ruggedness. This would have made sense if part of one of Robert's scams, but as it's meant to be sincere we have to suppose that Aaron brings out Robert's 'true' self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448June 1, 2017 1:28 PM

I've always assumed that Aaron prefers the bottom role and Robert is more of a top. Or perhaps that's how I prefer to fantasize it.

by Anonymousreply 449June 1, 2017 1:32 PM

R427 'Harriet'...just such a dowdy female name, isn't it? It's buttoned-up and prim, like an Old Western schoolmistress or a plain society girl in the background of one of Jane Austen's novels. It's even hard to say, and it feels like the mouth is full of jam when you say it aloud. It's also got this naive bumpkin feel, which doesn't fit so well with the Harriet character Emmerdale has; she doesn't look like a 'Harriet'.

It can't even be shortened as a more attractive or interesting name. Hattie? Harri? Ets? Reet?

by Anonymousreply 450June 1, 2017 1:44 PM

R448 Good points. R449 Whichever way it is Robert makes the decision. It's his nature.

by Anonymousreply 451June 1, 2017 3:35 PM

With Jackson and Finn I think Aaron was a top.

by Anonymousreply 452June 1, 2017 6:44 PM

No, even with Jackson and Finn, I saw Aaron as the bottom. I just see him as a powerbottom extraordinaire. If he was a real-world character, he'd probably be at the baths in Leeds every weekend getting plowed by man after man.

by Anonymousreply 453June 1, 2017 7:18 PM

Emmerdale won Best Soap tonight at the British Soap Awards. It was richly deserved, as were Charlotte Bellamy and John Middleton's wins. It also got Best Storyline (Ashley's Dementia).

by Anonymousreply 454June 4, 2017 12:59 AM

Finn in order to earn for the family thinking about becoming an escort/rentboy.

by Anonymousreply 455June 5, 2017 7:45 PM

I adore Ryan Hawley

by Anonymousreply 456June 5, 2017 11:43 PM

If Finn's weed business goes up in smoke will he give being a rentboy another try.

by Anonymousreply 457June 10, 2017 3:34 AM

Ross could make a bundle on rentmen or doing gay4pay porn. They'd have that taxi business back up and running in no time.

by Anonymousreply 458June 11, 2017 9:16 PM

R458 I think he's the hottest guy in the show, which won't make it very hot show but it's not meant to be.

by Anonymousreply 459June 11, 2017 10:16 PM

Aaron supposedly recently asked Robert if could top that night and Robert saying that it was fine with him.

by Anonymousreply 460June 20, 2017 1:43 AM

Clip or source for that would be great R460, I can't stream it or get it on tv. Was it last night's episode?

by Anonymousreply 461June 20, 2017 10:05 AM

Emmerdale is genuinely awful these days.

by Anonymousreply 462July 13, 2017 3:32 AM

Aaron and Robert have broken up.

by Anonymousreply 463July 16, 2017 7:50 AM

A few of the cast members went to Leeds pride this year.

by Anonymousreply 464August 7, 2017 9:57 PM

I guess Robert is going after Lawrence again.

by Anonymousreply 465August 7, 2017 10:37 PM

R465 That would actually be more interesting than what we've been getting. I'm 20 episodes behind. The show has been become such a trial for me. They could easily cut out an hour of the all the bad comedy shtick per week and air four episodes (like EE). And I've never been any kind of ardent RobRon fan. I can either take them or leave them. More on the leave them side with what's been going on. There's a limit to watching dysfunctional couples, and this one has reached mine.

by Anonymousreply 466August 10, 2017 10:17 PM

Is this going to turn into something more after the fight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 29, 2017 8:53 PM

Now that Lloyd (Ed) left Casualty (he played Jez the paramedic), I hope he can come back to Emmerdale. It would breathe some fresh air into the never ending boring "Robron" saga. Aaron needs to move on from that cheater, what better way to move on than to get back together with an old boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 468September 3, 2017 2:22 PM

R468 Aaron definitely needs a new (or returning) man in his life.

From reading the TV guide, it looks like Liv is back Sept. 14th-15th).

I'm also wondering if we've seen the last of Jason. Do we know how old this son of his is that Aaron was telling him to reconnect with? I'm wondering if the boy could be Josh (Jacob's new friend who just ran off). I could see them pairing Liv and Josh. Josh originally had sex with her pal, Gabby.

by Anonymousreply 469September 3, 2017 8:04 PM

Josh looks disturbingly like the mongoloid banjo playing kid in Deliverance.

Maybe Gabby has stayed behind in Australia because she found out she was preggers by Josh?

by Anonymousreply 470September 3, 2017 8:15 PM

R469 looks like you are getting your wish because Danny Miller has recently said in an interview that Aaron is getting a new love interest.

by Anonymousreply 471September 4, 2017 8:48 PM

That little girl who plays Dan's daughter is a stick of wood. And obnoxious as hell. Why is she on so often?

by Anonymousreply 472September 5, 2017 12:25 AM

R365 I used to just be 'not interested' in the Debbie character. But now I hate her and that damn hair of hers too.

by Anonymousreply 473September 10, 2017 10:28 PM

She's such a sullen bitch.

by Anonymousreply 474September 10, 2017 10:38 PM

Dr. Mason (Steven Flynn) is cute.

Maybe he can make a house call to Aaron's at some point using the excuse that he's checking up on Liv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475September 19, 2017 8:10 AM

So I guess the exit storyline for Adam is he's going blind?

by Anonymousreply 476September 19, 2017 8:50 PM

R476 If it really is just traumatic iritis to the one eye as diagnosed, then drops and the patch should probably clear it up. By the end, it seemed written as a way to show how much Vic still cares about Adam.

And the doctor? Is he Aaron's new man?

When Dr. Mason told Aaron to call him "Alex," they immediately flashed to Liv, looking at one, then the other, with this little smile on her face like she sensed kismet or something.

by Anonymousreply 477September 19, 2017 9:44 PM

Did that really happen?! LOL

by Anonymousreply 478September 21, 2017 8:56 PM

WTF did I just watch LOOOOL

by Anonymousreply 479September 21, 2017 8:58 PM

Robert trying to convince Lawrence that he's a top? .. I'm surprised he didn't go looking for the used condom.

by Anonymousreply 480September 21, 2017 11:51 PM

So is that it for the gay doctor? Boo hiss.

by Anonymousreply 481September 22, 2017 11:44 PM

I think Finn and Lachlan’s jailbird pal Gerry will both end up dead next week. And Emma will be in the loony bin.

by Anonymousreply 482September 30, 2017 5:38 PM

They're doing WAY TOO MUCH lame "humor" on this show. Wednesday's episode was a perfect example. If it wasn't more of the unfunny Lydia Show, then it was Kerry & Chrissie and the stupid tanning booth, or another episode of Paddy vs. Marlon. Apparently, they don't have enough actual drama to fill six episodes per week. It would be a better show, if they went to four per week like EE, 'cuz this "comic" material seems to be taking up at least half the show now.

by Anonymousreply 483September 30, 2017 7:01 PM

I couldn’t agree more, R483. The comedy filler is dire. The Marlon/Paddy shenanigans last night were painful.

by Anonymousreply 484September 30, 2017 8:20 PM

R484 It's gotten so dire that I've been waiting for them to add a canned laugh-track to the show to let us know what we're supposed to find funny.

by Anonymousreply 485October 1, 2017 12:05 AM

So I wonder if Parr will keep the shaved look that that he showed up with on Strictly (Saturday night).

No more 'Men At Play' Ross?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486October 1, 2017 12:48 AM

Aaron deserves a better love interest than the lying, cheating Robert. I really want Ed to come back. Lloyd is hot as fuck and he just left Casualty, so I assume he has time if the opprtunity presented itself.

by Anonymousreply 487October 1, 2017 11:58 AM

R487 I'm totally with you on that. I do find it interesting that they've got Aaron going on holiday to France with mates still over there. I assume that goodbye with Liv means he actually went. Anyway, isn't that where Ed was?

I've never been a big RobRon fan. I don't hate them, but I also don't 'get' the fascination. (One thing I do dislike is how the show itself pimps the couple.) But I'm pretty sure I'd find them far more interesting, if there was an actual, bona fide, equally-developed, gay interloper on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 488October 1, 2017 7:57 PM

I guess Finn bites the dust tomorrow.

Moira didn’t know she was pregnant full term?

by Anonymousreply 489October 3, 2017 1:08 AM

Moira pregnant and about to deliver a baby is stupid. Is this supposed to be the result of what viewers were considering nine months ago - some kind of Who's the Daddy? by way of Pete or Cain? And haven't we seen her drinking like a fish at times over the last nine months?

Random observations: The night they have a cute gay guy at date night in the pub, the two resident gays are either out of the country or locked up in the church. And are we supposed to believe Finn can't smash that stained glass window in the room he's being held in?

by Anonymousreply 490October 3, 2017 10:39 AM

Emma running around the hospital in a nurse’s uniform is just so fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 491October 5, 2017 3:58 AM

Poor dead Finn.

by Anonymousreply 492October 5, 2017 10:19 PM

According to Metro:

[quote] The decision to leave was that of Joe (Gill) himself – Finn was not axed by Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod but his exit paved the way for a dramatic ending both for Finn and the storyline of Emma.

Well, with Lawrence supposedly gone soon, we'll be down two gays in the village. Of course, Lawrence has become something of a huffing, puffing caricature, and Finn certainly hasn't gotten much on the love front.

by Anonymousreply 493October 5, 2017 11:14 PM

^^^ My mistake. I should have said one gay male and one bisexual male.

And what's this about Charity and Vanessa?

by Anonymousreply 494October 5, 2017 11:52 PM

Well, Charity was in a gay relationship when she was first introduced.

by Anonymousreply 495October 6, 2017 12:43 AM

R495 Was she convincing? I'm generally turned off by her hetero-sexcapades.

by Anonymousreply 496October 6, 2017 1:30 AM

She was, R495.

by Anonymousreply 497October 6, 2017 2:21 AM

Liv’a gotta be a lesbo, huh?

by Anonymousreply 498October 12, 2017 5:18 PM

I know Robert's manipulating Lawrence, but I can actually see them as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 499October 21, 2017 9:32 PM

God, I HATE Daz. Worst character in a long time. His self pity in last night’s episode was wince inducing. And that little bitch Amelia is also horrible. I hope Lachlan goes postal on them both.

by Anonymousreply 500October 21, 2017 11:03 PM

Worse than Lydia?

by Anonymousreply 501October 22, 2017 12:51 AM

I don’t mind Lydia all that much.

by Anonymousreply 502October 22, 2017 2:56 AM

R498 it feels like ED are shooting for the trendy Asexual angle with Liv.

She's still so very young so it feels creepy to be ascribing her a definite sexuality at all, but then again this would be a legitimate concern of a teenage girl so perhaps it's good to explore it. She's got all the time in the world to figure it out and there's no need for her character to become sexually interested or active yet (or indeed at all) so we'll see.

I agree that Liv is like the textbook example of a burgeoning lesbian, though (and that's coming from one). And wouldn't it be cool to have two opposite-sex gay siblings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503October 24, 2017 11:26 AM

Looks like Moira is handing off her little brat to her son and daughter in law.

by Anonymousreply 504October 25, 2017 2:10 AM

Tom is handsome, but dull, and this pairing with the ever-vapid Ombre Debbie is painful to watch.

Faith, who's generally been fun, is really starting to bug me now. If I were Moira, I'd kick her out. I guess she needs a babysitter.

Has anyone told Aaron that the other young gay in the village was murdered while he was in France? I know they weren't that close, but Finn is the guy Aaron was 'defending' when he beat Kasim up and landed back in jail.

by Anonymousreply 505October 29, 2017 6:48 PM

R505, I’m believing the rumors that Tom is actually Joseph Tate and he will claim Home Farm at Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 506October 29, 2017 11:20 PM

R506 Unfortunately, nothing related to that registers with me, because I've only been watching for about 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 507October 29, 2017 11:45 PM

Well, R507, Charity was his wicked stepmother and I think that’s why he hasn’t revealed himself to her yet!

by Anonymousreply 508October 30, 2017 12:02 AM

The entire White family is leaving? Yippee!

by Anonymousreply 509November 8, 2017 4:42 PM

R509 They're boring already. I think it is time to get a new family in.

by Anonymousreply 510November 8, 2017 9:36 PM

It’s obvious to me now that Tom is really Joseph Tate, he’ll marry Debbie, she and her kids will move into Home Farm and he’ll set about destroying her and the Dingle family with a lot of help from Eric Pollard. He’ll want revenge for what they did to his dad Chris.

by Anonymousreply 511November 8, 2017 10:59 PM

Soap columnist Duncan Lindsey's report for MetroUK on The Whites indicates that it's not clear whether Rebecca is part of the exit. Digital Spy says the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 512November 9, 2017 2:28 AM

Oh God I hate childbirth sequences. I fast forwarded through Rebecca’s tonight.

by Anonymousreply 513November 10, 2017 12:52 AM

With Ronnie gone, Finn dead, and Lawrence about to exit somehow, are there any plans to add a new gay? They should seriously think about adding a viable interloper - perhaps someone that Aaron met on his trip to France. Even if Robert turns good, there still has to be something (or someone) else going on to make things interesting.

by Anonymousreply 514November 13, 2017 9:33 PM

Maybe the guy Aaron fucked in prison? Because he must have fucked someone when he was on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 515November 13, 2017 10:12 PM

R499 glued to the screen like:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516November 25, 2017 2:57 PM

Aaron on a date with the doctor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517December 7, 2017 11:41 AM

They should bring in a very hot guy for Aaron

by Anonymousreply 518December 7, 2017 12:53 PM

Aaron's face looks bloated af.

by Anonymousreply 519December 7, 2017 2:10 PM

Dang Aaron and the doctor are HOT together! Of course we all know Aaron will self destruct, he has such a low self esteem he probably doesn't think he deserves him after that cheater Robert.

by Anonymousreply 520December 23, 2017 8:56 AM

The doctor looks a lot like Daredevil actor Charlie Cox.

by Anonymousreply 521December 24, 2017 9:45 PM

No other male actor cries in soaps like Danny's Aaron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522December 25, 2017 9:51 PM

Tonight’s episode was pretty good. Bye bye Robron.

by Anonymousreply 523December 25, 2017 9:59 PM

The ratings for Christmas were NOT GOOD. Time to show the exec producer the door.

by Anonymousreply 524December 28, 2017 1:02 PM

The Christmas episode seemed like a lose-lose proposition to me. For viewers who either don't 'get' or are just sick of Robron, it's not going to be something they care much about. Meanwhile, the Robon fanatics are more than likely not going to like what it all led up to.

The hair, makeup, and wardrobe crew probably had fun, though.

by Anonymousreply 525December 29, 2017 8:53 PM

R525 I don't get how there can still be "Robron fanatics" left. Robert is despicable, he kidnapped Aaron, tried to murder him, then he was "redeemed" but still ended up cheating on him and fathering a kid. I have a really hard time understanding how the writers can redeem him this time around. His "mistake" (the baby) will be around forever. There is no looking past it, it's right there in your face. Every time Aaron looks at Robert or the baby he will be reminded of what happened. I understand that Aaron is no saint himself, but compared to Robert he kinda is. At least Aaron has learned from his mistakes and has turned a new leaf, unlike that idiot Robert. Long story short: Aaron deserves better. If the idiot writers still find a way for Aaron to "forgive him", that's it, the show is over for me.

by Anonymousreply 526December 29, 2017 9:00 PM

R526 Have you ever been to the Digital Spy Soaps Forum Board where there's an endless "Appreciation" thread for Robert and Aaron? .. The "fanatics" are hysterically funny at times. .. I believe they call Alex DrPlot. .. They come up with new reasons to hate him daily. Today's was he looks too tall coming down that staircase at Aaron's place... lol!

by Anonymousreply 527December 29, 2017 10:39 PM

It’s looking more and more likely that Lachlan will murder Chrissie now.

by Anonymousreply 528December 30, 2017 2:48 PM

I think the exit for the Whites sounds like MacLeod is doing a rendition of the Hollyoaks crash from a couple years ago where Kim & Esther had Baby Curtis in one car while Grace & Trevor were in hot pursuit in another.

by Anonymousreply 529December 30, 2017 8:51 PM

Who gives a fuck about Brenda and Bob?

by Anonymousreply 530January 2, 2018 2:53 PM

Emmerdale and his fix-it shop was nowhere near as good as Floyd and his barber shop

by Anonymousreply 531January 2, 2018 2:57 PM

What was with Faith spending Christmas in Tenerife and New Year’s Eve in Leeds? So much for coming to Emmerdale to be with her family.

by Anonymousreply 532January 2, 2018 8:13 PM

Damn, Tom IS Joseph Tate. Two great episodes tonight.

by Anonymousreply 533January 4, 2018 8:56 PM

Emmerdale in terms of ratings has achieved something albeit marginally sometimes that I thought I'd never ever see and that's relegate EastEnders into the status of Britain's third soap.

by Anonymousreply 534January 4, 2018 9:02 PM

I just recently found this show online. I have developed an embarrassingly massive crush on Danny Miller. Such a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 535January 4, 2018 9:27 PM

R534 When I look at the ratings, Emmerdale is typically still a million or more behind EastEnders, and as R524 pointed out, the Christmas Day show seems to have been a flop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536January 4, 2018 10:22 PM

The Christmas day ratings are atypical [R536]

Throughout the year EastEnders tends to be third the majority of the time and the press have certainly picked up on this week to week trend.

by Anonymousreply 537January 4, 2018 10:27 PM

I think down the line Joe will give Debbie an ultimatum: him or Charity. She’ll choose him and then Charity will need a graft/transplant from her and she’ll be on the horns of a dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 538January 10, 2018 10:37 PM

Chrissie dead. Me happy.

by Anonymousreply 539January 12, 2018 1:09 AM

What happened to the lorry driver? Halfway through there was a long shot of the accident scene from above the windshield of the lorry, and there was no one behind the steering wheel. Yet, we never saw the driver get out to help, and no one looked to see if the driver was injured.

by Anonymousreply 540January 12, 2018 1:45 AM

The recording on Gerry’s phone will send Lachlan to prison.

by Anonymousreply 541January 13, 2018 2:28 AM

I think Graham might be Eric’s long lost son.

by Anonymousreply 542January 20, 2018 7:57 PM

Any new rumors on what the big, new storyline for Ross is about?

by Anonymousreply 543January 22, 2018 1:01 AM

Enough of fucking Lachlan already. The kid can’t act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 544January 26, 2018 1:23 AM

Ditto, R544 .. And enough of Bob and Brenda already. .. Jeez. So repetitious and just plain irritating.

by Anonymousreply 545January 26, 2018 7:02 PM

Wow .. there's actually some other gay guys in the village.

Now, if they'd only be regulars...lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546January 27, 2018 7:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547January 28, 2018 6:47 AM

OMG I didnt know there was a thread for this. I havent watched for 2 weeks. Is Aaron and Alex still together? I love Alexxx

by Anonymousreply 548January 28, 2018 6:51 AM

Aaron is just too cutee.. I love it when his eyes water from crying. I dont blame Rob for hurting him over and over and over if you can look at that cute crying face everyday 😍

Kidding about Rob. I hate that homophobic turd. 😠

by Anonymousreply 549January 28, 2018 6:55 AM

R546 Emmerdale pondering to queers by promoting homonormativity to cover up their fucked up gay storyline??

by Anonymousreply 550January 28, 2018 6:58 AM

R548 I really like "the idea of Alex," but the show has basically fucked things up, by playing his eagerness opposite Aaron's seeming indifference. Add that to the producer's perpetual pimping of Robron (and already spoiled storyline that's to occur months-out from now), and it doesn't give anyone (like myself) who's interested in Alex much reason to care or to think that there's any real hope for an honest-to-goodness interloper. Also, it's too bad that the Alex character doesn't actually live in the village or have ties to anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 551January 28, 2018 7:47 PM

Yeah, there is zero chemistry between Aaron and Alex and I think that was intentional.

The gal playing Fiona on tonight’s episode was a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 552January 29, 2018 11:56 PM

Well, I guess we know now what the storyline will be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553January 30, 2018 8:07 AM

Aaron looks like Mathhew Camp. So I'm really surprised to hear Aaron is straight in real life.

by Anonymousreply 554January 31, 2018 7:01 AM

Moira went back to Cain? Give me a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 555February 4, 2018 11:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556February 7, 2018 4:31 AM

R556 I have to admit I'm a bit excited about them reuniting and hoping carrying on with a slightly less turbulent relationship. I'm in the US. So only see online updates. Where has Aaron and co. gone to by the way.

by Anonymousreply 557February 7, 2018 5:19 AM

They're not going to start this hour-long Tuesday shit again are they? I can barely make it through six episodes per week, as is.

uhhh .. Nobody told Harriet to quit her job. What was she planning to do in the first place? Stay at home and bake cookies for Cain?

by Anonymousreply 558February 7, 2018 8:35 PM

Ross who is the best looking guy in the show was attacked with acid to his face. Debbie ordered it, sort of.

by Anonymousreply 559February 9, 2018 9:21 PM

Regardless of whether Simon got the wrong guy, Debbie is legally complicit in the assault upon Ross. I hope they lock her up in prison and have the guards shave her head.

by Anonymousreply 560February 9, 2018 9:49 PM

Debbie technically told Simon to “mess up” Joe. She needed to be way more specific. Therefore that cunt is culpable.

by Anonymousreply 561February 10, 2018 1:38 AM

Debbie not only "told" Simon, she "hired" him to do it, as that's what the money she'd be paying him was going to be for. She also specifically told him to make sure to wipe that smile off his FACE.

by Anonymousreply 562February 11, 2018 5:38 AM

True, R562. They better make her pay for what she did. I’m sick of that cunt getting away with shit.

by Anonymousreply 563February 11, 2018 2:42 PM

I still don't think the baby is biologically Robert's. He inevitably find out down the road.

by Anonymousreply 564February 11, 2018 2:44 PM

I don’t think Moira’s baby is Cain’s. I think Lachran fucked her when she was heavily drunk.

by Anonymousreply 565February 11, 2018 6:40 PM

Calling Debbie out for her shit ... Graham's my new favorite character!

by Anonymousreply 566February 13, 2018 6:03 PM

Debbie was a good character, not so much nowadays

by Anonymousreply 567February 13, 2018 6:24 PM

I used to 'tolerate' Debbie, but have found her increasingly irritating since she returned last year. Now, she's downright loathsome.

And can this thing with "Phil" be Tracy's end story? .. She's another one I can't stand. .. Free David.

by Anonymousreply 568February 14, 2018 9:54 PM

Joe v. Robert is just soooooooo manufactured. .. But those looks come off like Joe's undressing his target with his eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569March 1, 2018 7:14 PM

R559 You mean ALEX... is the most attractive guy on the show

by Anonymousreply 570March 2, 2018 11:49 PM

R570 It doesn't sound like we'll be seeing any more of Alex ... unless he and Mike happen to hook up, share notes, and decide to move to the village ... which would be fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 571March 3, 2018 12:39 AM

Look at what Debbie had done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572March 14, 2018 7:35 PM

Before it gets any weirder, they're going to have to explain the Joe-Graham relationship. .. It's becoming comical at this point.

Also, I'd totally buy a Joe-Robert hate-fuck. Could Joe be bisexual as well?

by Anonymousreply 573March 15, 2018 8:40 PM

So why hasnt anyone been talking about how Alex is gay in real life??

Does he have a boyfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574March 19, 2018 1:11 AM

R574 I would have loved to have cared about the "Alex" character or the actor playing him. But as he (Steven Flynn) said in his exit interview, everyone basically knew from the get-go what the end game in that relatively short arc was going to be. It's kind of like, why bother?

by Anonymousreply 575March 19, 2018 2:51 AM

Laurel took a pass on Paul the Firefighter for stupid Bob ?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576April 3, 2018 8:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577May 10, 2018 4:37 PM

I have to say I usually find Charity insufferable, but her whole rape storyline is making me understand her more. Now if only someone would just steal all of Joe's clothes so he has to walk around in only his boxer briefs, the show would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 578May 10, 2018 5:31 PM

I agree about the Charity material, R578. .. But I've grown weary of all the lame "humor" and useless characters on this show and quit watching last week. Not being an avid "RobRon" fan and hating anything involving Debbie, about the only interesting stories for me lately have been the ones involving Charity and Ross. I'll read the synopses online and decide if I want to watch their episodes. .. But I really hope the newly-announced EP shakes things up, including a cull, then the addition of some new blood. Otherwise I'm done for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 579May 10, 2018 7:19 PM

Ross will be out the door later this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580May 28, 2018 6:02 AM

Dr. Alex penis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581May 28, 2018 7:46 PM

Emmerdale introduced their first trans character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582June 26, 2018 10:05 PM

Kim Tate is returning next week. I wasn't watching when she was on, was she really a great soap bitch? I liked the actress when she was on Corrie, but she didn't have much to do.

by Anonymousreply 583September 25, 2018 2:51 AM

Roborn gets hitched on Friday. Roborn for those who don't know are Robert, a bi man, and Aaron, a gay man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584October 5, 2018 3:24 AM

WE MUST HAVE A BABY !!!

blech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585November 3, 2018 8:27 PM

Not much goin' on. .. This show could really use an extensive cull.

Oh, and can Chas shut up?

by Anonymousreply 586November 22, 2018 6:51 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 587December 12, 2018 2:54 PM

Producer Kate Brooks recently announced her engagement to the actress who plays Vanessa Woodfield on the show.

by Anonymousreply 588December 13, 2018 10:37 PM

Just wondering, am I the only person who watches and loves Emmerdale, but is sick to death of the clannish Dingles and their fucking Dingle code. First Lisa was supposed to not turn in the little bitch that almost killed her, and now Marlin can't marry the woman he loves unless they disown her son because he took part in hurting Aaron in prison. Aaron is not a very sympathetic character, yeah he is gay and I love him with bisexual Robert, but lets admit it Aaron is a fucking psychopath, as is Cain. He was in prison because he beat the crap out of another person, I don't fucking care if he was mistreated in prison, he deserved to be treated like shit. How can Chas even think about asking Jessie to disown her son, after losing her child like she did. If we have another disaster storyline I hope it takes out the whole family, as long as Robert isn't with them.

by Anonymousreply 589January 5, 2019 2:37 AM

Emmerdale seems to be getting some praise for its Trans storyline. R589 The Dingles have almost always been somewhat clannish in nature. They hated Robert for quite sometime and wanted him gone.

by Anonymousreply 590January 6, 2019 6:55 AM

R590 I know that is the Dingles "thing," it is just really getting on my nerves lately. They love to elevate everything that they go through into some huge drama, but they have no empathy for anyone else. Marlon seems to be the only Dingle who acts like a normal human being,

by Anonymousreply 591January 6, 2019 10:15 PM

I know R591 they at times thinks everything revolves around them and that if it doesn't they then either don't care or will try to find someway to make it about them.

by Anonymousreply 592January 7, 2019 1:24 AM

How explicit was the Maya and Jacob sex scene?

I’m surprised the actress is willing to kiss an underage boy on screen

by Anonymousreply 593March 6, 2019 2:32 AM

R593 I'm just glad that we are seeing the story of a female groomer/abuser. It happens all the time but we never get a serious depiction of it.

by Anonymousreply 594March 6, 2019 2:36 AM

R593 Not explicit at all (imo). Jacob was lying on his back on the bed, still fully clothed, with just his shirt unbuttoned.

And while Maya was in a silk negligee, it was a two-piece number with a robe, and it basically covered most of her body from the knees up.

When Maya climbed onto the bed to presumably get on top of Jacob, they switched to individual close-up shots of each of their faces. And when she leaned down to kiss him, her big mass of hair completely covered both of their faces -- so much so that it couldn't even be classified as a stunt kiss, because you couldn't see any contact at all. .. Fade to black with the closing end theme.

(btw - IRL, the actor playing Jacob will be 17 next month, so I don't think he'd be considered "underage" for any kind of role-playing involving kissing in the UK.)

by Anonymousreply 595March 8, 2019 2:48 AM

:( I really liked Lisa, why do they have to kill her off.

by Anonymousreply 596March 8, 2019 11:15 PM

New thread when this one is closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597March 12, 2019 8:37 PM

Aaron has put on a shit load of weight! His face was fucking huge last week.

by Anonymousreply 598March 12, 2019 8:57 PM

New Thread coming soon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 13, 2019 4:35 PM

R598 Yes, Aaron is looking chubby these days. Funny they are doing a surrogate storyline. Pretty soon he'll look like he is pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 600March 13, 2019 4:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!