Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lawn Guyland Medium

Very smart.

That crazy hair hides a microphone in her ear when she does her live shows. Also, she wears ridiculous shoes because she uses her shoes as an excuse for why she only "reads" people in the front two rows at her live shows. "I'm short, so I wear big heels. It hurts my feet too much to walk up to other levels of the theatre/auditorium."

The crazy looking clothes, hair, shoes are all vital to her act.

The real reason she only reads people in the first two rows is because it's easy. When people book tickets, they give their name and address. This information is available to the entertainment people. Her little helpers can google the first two rows at their leisure, looking for newspaper articles, obituaries, etc. it's no mistake that she often appears at the home of people whose child/sibling died suddenly, particularly of a drug overdose. Because newspapers publish that information ("Melville Man Found Dead, Drug Paraphenalia Found in Room", "Parents of young woman who OD'd want Typhanny's Law Passed for stricter RX drug monitoring." )

She's a 21st Century Spiritualist who wears kooky hair instead of a turban and uses google instead of a crystal ball.

by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2021 10:34 PM

Who has a family member who died from something having to do with the chest?

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2015 8:02 PM

$400 for a half hour reading

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2015 8:03 PM

I think she really is psychic but sucks at cold readings.Google doesn't give out inside jokes or terms of endearment families used.I like her.

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2015 8:05 PM

She's so likable I want to believe, though I know I shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2015 8:07 PM

[quote]That crazy hair hides a microphone in her ear when she does her live shows.

Why would she have a microphone in her ear? To record the sounds of her earwax?

Do you know what a microphone is, dear? I think you mean an earpiece.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2015 8:08 PM

She is doing something right.. Season 8 Jan.3,2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2015 8:17 PM

[quote] She's so likable I want to believe

That's the mark of a great con artist, as opposed to a shitty or mediocre con artist. To gain your confidence they must be appealing to you in a way that makes you think, "This person wouldn't be lying to me or pretending to be someone s/he is not." Making a lot of noise -- laughing, talking, doing vocal sound effects to show derision or surprise; moving around a lot, making lots of arm gestures, head movements, leg movements if sitting down and having personality quirks all distract you and get your attention.

She's very, very good at what she does. If she did it for free or for a nominal fee, it would be cool. But she's gotten very rich off of it.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2015 8:38 PM

I grew up on Lawn Guyland and it was filled with Italians who were psychics or who believed in psychics. For some reason, it's an Italian thing there.

I even went to several "psychic parties" when I was a teen. You paid a certain amount of money and the hostess (always a hostess) hired the psychics who read tarot cards and palms and tried to wheedle more money out of individual party goers. There was always more than one psychic. Sometimes three or four, even for a party that wasn't very large. They worked in packs.

They used parlor tricks like painting their nails with glow-in-the-dark chemicals to show you the "spiritual strength" they possessed. The person who threw the party was often related to the "psychics." A woman my mother worked with had psychic parties like other people had Tupperware parties and it turned out her cousin was one of the team of psychics.

Psychics are kind of a hallowed Lawn Guyland Italian occupation, like body shop owner, carting, owning a cesspool company, waste abatement, local politician. It's a living. And for most of them, it's cash only with no taxes paid. But if you make the kind of money the Caputos make you have to keep records and pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2015 8:51 PM

I would definitely fuck Larry Jr.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2015 9:28 PM

Yeah, Italians are so stupid on Lawn Guyland. The Eugenics movement missed these not so white people. Even when mixed in with other ethnic groups the crazy just doesn't get diluted. They're doomed.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2015 10:21 PM

She's a fraud!!

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2015 5:54 AM

[quote]I grew up on Lawn Guyland and it was filled with Italians who were psychics or who believed in psychics. For some reason, it's an Italian thing there.

There's a heavy dose of mysticism and superstition even in mainstream Catholicism, and even among those not actually practicing it much anymore. You see this with the Irish and Hispanics as well. The irony is that the church is officially against mediums and divination.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2015 4:00 PM

Debunker and magician Amazing Randi, who is gay (you go, old guy!), once exposed faith healer and conman Peter Popoff by recording his 'earphone' audio off the air. These were prompts given over a small transmitter by Popoff's wife.

Obviously, that's the secret behind many of these wackos.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2015 4:27 PM

I met the Long Island Medium. I posted about it here once before. It was before I knew anything about her show. I commented to my partner that the woman was Bill Clinton-charming. Something about how she subtly worked the room. I learned she was an alleged psychic and thought, "That makes sense." She was friendly, unassuming, funny, kind. Her memory is outstanding. She has a job, no less charlatan than any religious leader. In fact, she does more to earn her money than any priest or minister. It's not my thing, hearing some lady tell me anything about dead people, but I don't see how it's worse than therapy, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2015 4:34 PM

[quote]She has a job, no less charlatan than any religious leader.

Oh that's bullshit. Telling people you can see, hear and speak to their dead relatives is a bit different from telling them to believe they'll see them again when they die. She is a cheat and a con artist, exploiting the grief and pain of the ignorant and uneducated.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2015 4:48 PM

Is it? Are you fucking kidding? You mean, because when you say "you'll see grandpa in heaven," that isn't bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2015 4:52 PM

Stop being obtuse, R16. You're making an ass of yourself. "You'll meet again someday" is nothing like "I can see him here right next to you and this is what he's telling me right now..."

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2015 4:58 PM

Know dat evvry toim yew tink of him, his spirit is witcha.

Yuh unnastan?

Dats his spirit tawkin tuhyuh. He's right dare witchaz. He is with awlluh yez.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2015 7:58 PM

When they film in shops or restaurants, keep in mind that her representatives with the show have to get permission to film in that location. That involves signing release forms. So they go to the owner and/or manager and talk about how the show would like to film there.

They talk to the workers, introduce themselves, "Hi, I'm Mike smith. What's your name? Andy? Andy what? Are you the owner, the manager? Who's the owner! What's his name? We'd like to film here. Is two weeks from Tuesday a good day for you? Will you be here then?"

Then they go online and find out everything they can about the people they just talked to in the shop. You can get a full report on someone, as you well know, from online agencies for a price. Find out the parents names, look for obituary notices. It's not hard. It's just that most people can't be bothered to even think of doing that kind of work, so it doesn't occur to them that done one else will do it.

So when she walks into a shop and instantly reads someone, she did her homework ahead of time. It's like being a private investigator, only for more money.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2015 8:09 PM

I'd like to get spit roasted by her husband and son.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2015 8:12 PM

she sucks as hard as i wish her son would on my cock

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2015 9:32 PM

I have a psychic vision:

I think Teresa boinked the Irish milkman a couple of times around the time of Larry Jr's conception.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2016 7:54 AM

"It's not my thing, hearing some lady tell me anything about dead people, but I don't see how it's worse than therapy, frankly."

I'm getting vibrations that you have many unresolved neuroses.

by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2016 8:00 AM

Is her son gay? Maybe her son could hook up with Big Ang's son and they can have sweaty, guido sex.

BTW, what is it with these leathery, unfortunate looking east coast Italian women having hot sons?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2016 9:23 AM

I would sniff Larry Joonyah's hole for 30 minutes and lick it for 120 minutes

by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2016 9:41 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2016 7:28 PM

Ew r25.

by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2021 10:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!