Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melissa Gilbert goes disco

If her friends could see Half-Pint now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 2:24 AM

Her dancing was OK, her singing is unbelievably awful

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2015 5:39 AM

The shitbra must have been out in full effect at the rehearsal studio working out those box steps.

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2015 6:52 AM

She was sort of attractive before she had all that plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2015 4:02 PM

Obviously this was done before the invention of AutoTune.

Does anyone know what show it was from? I can't imagine it was American Bandstand, but what else did Dick Clark host?

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2015 6:04 PM

Gotta move it. Gotta move it on down.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2015 7:25 PM

Too bad she didn't perform with the Bradys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2015 1:35 AM

Meh, she's not me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2015 8:39 AM

Watching this video, it's easy to understand why Melissa Sue Anderson didn't like her.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2015 11:04 AM

I don't ever remember her attempting a musical career but then I didn't follow her. Not a Prarie fan at *all*.

That song was unbelievably corny even for then. I was embarassed for the dancing boys.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2015 11:09 AM

That lift sort of didn't happen. Those two dancers probably got the shitbra after that one!

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2015 10:28 AM

I think Melissa has said this was her most embarrassing showbiz moment.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2015 11:14 AM

Was she really a big deal once? I saw Mario Cantone do an excerpt from her autobiography for "Celebrity Autobiography," and in it she says she once dated Rob Lowe (!), when he was about the handsomest guy on the planet, and then when he cheated on her went to her best friend Warren Beatty (!!) for advice. She must have really been a big star once, but I thought all she did was play TV's Half-Pint.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2015 4:20 AM

She was quite famous in the '70s and throughout the '80s with Little House and then she married Bruce Boxleitner and her TV movies.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2015 4:35 AM

After Little House, all she did was talk about dating Rob Lowe, both while dating him (my mother used to joke that every other sentence out of her mouth was, 'my boyfriend, Rob Lowe") and after. She was apparently quite upset that he didn't talk about her enough in his memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2015 10:28 AM

God, what did Bruce Boxleitner ever see in that fugly thing?

by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2015 7:34 PM

What the fuck was THAT ?

Also never realized she tried to sing. Now know why

LHOTP was her pinnacle .... Don't remember a single thing she did afterwards

by Anonymousreply 16December 24, 2015 2:55 PM

There isn't much to remember, post-LHOTP; however if you look at her IMDB the amount of Made-for-TV movies she did in the '90s was astonishing, one worse than the next and usually subtitled as some factual woman's 'story',along the lines of--"A Dance Before Dying: The Trish Gahagan VanDevere Story" or similar ilk.

by Anonymousreply 17December 24, 2015 3:08 PM

She was the face of Lifetime in the 1990s. I remember hearing tons of jokes about her when I was in high school and college, either about the lurid TV movies she did -- modern "women's weepies" basically -- or about being washed-up.

Those movies, her relationship with Rob Lowe and that SAG presidency fiasco were what kept her in the papers. Her many friendships with stars, lots of them Old Hollywood, helped a lot.

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2015 3:16 PM

I never thought I'd say something like this. . .but Kathie Lee Gifford did it better.

by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2015 3:25 PM

Her back up dancers are very cute.

by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2015 3:35 PM

I'm really hoping that half-pint gets cast as the mother of Rey's mother in the next Star Wars film.

by Anonymousreply 21December 24, 2015 9:10 PM

She sings in my church.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2016 4:36 AM

OMG I just shit a porcupine.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2016 4:47 AM

Remember her TV series with Rosie O'Donnell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2016 4:48 AM

Gay Alvin and his even gayer chipmunks today, right here on American Bandstand.

Don't you dare go away!

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2016 5:04 AM

The smaller dancer was really good.

What happens to dancers like, when they age. Where do they go? What do they do?

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2016 5:11 AM

They become stunt doubles for Herve Villachez.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2016 5:19 AM

Holy Christ. That is quite some clip.

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2016 5:40 AM

[quote]What happens to dancers like, when they age. Where do they go? What do they do?

They can become dance instructors and/or choreographers, or else they retrain for an entirely different career, or find a sugar daddy I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2016 8:34 PM

Did this inspire South Park?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 1:14 AM

Juliet Prowse she ain't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 1:18 AM

That cunt never did have any blessings in the talent department

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 2:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!