Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thin TV Actors/Actress Who Got Really Fat During The Course Of The Series

Delta Burke owns this thread she was very thin and curvy when the show started, then blimped out.

Others?

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2018 8:05 PM

The Two and a Half Men kid.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2015 7:34 PM

Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry both had wild weight fluctuations over a decade on FRIENDS (up AND down). During his drug rehab, Perry became frighteningly thin. LeBlanc was usually fighting to keep the weight off.

ALLY MCBEAL was sort of terrifying. Lisa Nicole Carson was dealing with a bipolar disorder and became enormously heavy before leaving the series. In the meantime, the other female cast members were pressured (allegedly by David PK himself) to keep their weight down, and with the exception of Jane Krakowski, who consistently resembled a healthy adult woman, the others became skeletally thin over the run of the show. Check out one of the later episodes sometime.

Most viewers have no idea how many actors struggle with weight and eating disorders. It's gotten so much worse in the past decade or two.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2015 7:44 PM

Sally Struthers and Rob Reiner both gained weight during their last season on All in the Family. They were very thin at first

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2015 7:45 PM

Not an actress, but the much-loathed Kelly Osborne is one who loses drastic amounts of weight quite rapidly, only to regain it all again gradually in front of the camera, again and again.

You might call it karma. If you're not a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2015 7:58 PM

Current topic boy Tom Welling started out young-boy skinny then sort of let himself go in the middle of the series and started looking ripped again toward the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2015 7:59 PM

R2, actually, if you look at shows from the 90's, the weight drop is really frightening. TV actresses today, while still thin, look much more healthy. And yes, David E. Kelley is to blame for the insane prevalence of eating disorders in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2015 8:26 PM

Lisa Whelchel on Facts of Life.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2015 8:28 PM

Lucille Ball when she was pregnant with Little Ricky.

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2015 8:30 PM

In Delta's defense, she was more like a Southern woman when she gained her weight. It served her character better.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2015 8:38 PM

Kim Fields

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2015 8:39 PM

R2, I couldn't even watch the latter seasons of Ally MacBeal for that reason. Ugh. Portia was gorgeous, but, suddenly had the horrid lollipop look, which Calista had down. CF always looked like he left set and was put on several IVs to keep her alive.

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2015 8:43 PM

Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock. Went from husky and barrel-chested to beach ball in a couple of seasons.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2015 8:43 PM

Delta was drop dead gorgeous in the first couple of seasons when she was thin. When she porked up she started to look like a drag queen playing an aging Southern belle.

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2015 8:52 PM

Vincent d'onofrio in criminal intent

Anthony lapaglia on without a trace

Jason Alexander on Seinfeld

Anna Maria horseflies on amen

Leah remini on king of queens

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2015 9:07 PM

R6, I remember when David E. Kelly had an Ally McBeal-The Practice crossover episode. The seriously underfed Calista Flockhart sizes up the equally underfed Lara Flynn Boyle and advises "Maybe you should eat a burger," to which Lara responds, "Maybe we should share one." I thought, Wow, how classless, making light of anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2015 9:13 PM

Yep R12, Alec Baldwin got heavier during 30 rock. But the biggest weight change was Tracey Morgan (of stab your gay son fame), he gained so much weight over the show it was shocking. They even make jokes about it in the later seasons because it wasn't really something that could be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2015 9:30 PM

I just gained mass

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2015 9:34 PM

Patricia Arquette wasn't slim to start out, but during Medium she really packed on some weight.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2015 9:36 PM

Newman gained a shit ton of weight on Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2015 9:37 PM

Kirstie Alley gained some weight during her time on Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2015 9:39 PM

Keely Shaye Smith ballooned up during her last season on Unsolved mysteries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2015 9:47 PM

Wentworth Miller. First season of Prison Break he looked amazing, then suddenly turned into a flab.

Nicholas Brendon got fat on Buffy, while Sarah Michelle Gellar went from sexy to malnourished. Jessica Alba on Dark Angel also lost a lot of weight between season one and two.

I think Norman Reedus got fat, but he looks so dirty on The Walking Dead that it's hard to tell.

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2015 9:47 PM

Ken Olin on Thirtysomething.

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2015 9:49 PM

The guy who plays Tony on NCIS has gotten a lot thicker. I used to think he was gorgeous but now? Meh.

Same thing with George Eads on CSI. In the early seasons he had a lovely body and then plumped and grew a beard. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2015 9:50 PM

Jonathan Frakes is the male Delta Burke. Started clean shaved and thin then ballooned. The costume department had to keep altering his uniforms.

From Voyager Robert Duncan McNeill, Robert Beltran & Garrett Wang all porked up, so much so they could no longer fit in their uniforms and management told them to lose weight. It was even mentioned in the show.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2015 9:51 PM

Aussie soap time now. Emily Symons who plays Marilyn Chambers who constantly yo-yos with her weight was fat shamed by the producers. She was whisked up to the producers office asked why she was so fat and told that they have spent a lot of money on her characters clothes and none of them fit. She was told to diet quickly and lose the weight pronto. This was back in the 90s.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They threw a hissy fit at Melissa George for dying her hair red when the character was supposed to be blonde and had a go at Sharni Vinson's over tanned leather skin by making her character get all sun conscious and praising sun screen and saying how bad and gross sunbaking was.

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2015 10:01 PM

Matthew Perry

Tina Yothers

Susan Flannery

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2015 10:07 PM

Speaking of B&B John McCook turn to fat too so did Hunter Tylo's lips.

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2015 10:12 PM

R18, in all honesty, I don't think she won the Oscar for her acting in Boyhood. I think they gave it to her because she allowed herself to be seen as a young sexy woman at the beginning of the film then slowly gain weight and become a heavy middle-aged woman over the course of 3 hours.

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2015 10:26 PM

R22, Norman reedus has alcoholic bloat. there's a difference.

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2015 10:27 PM

Actually R2, Matt Perry didn't lose weight because of rehab,but because of his addiction to speed.

Ken Olin was so hot the first 3 seasons of Thirtysomething and that last season he ballooned. And now he looks like Jabba the Hut.

Roseanne owns this thread. Fat thin,Fat thin.

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2015 10:30 PM

Nell Carter was actually at her fattest in the early years of [italic]Gimme A Break![/italic] and lost weight in the middle of the show's run.

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2015 10:31 PM

Michael Weatherly gained a bunch during the run of NCIS, but lost it before last season. I don't know if he gained it all back. Incidentally, he was was charged with a DUI and speeding earlier this month.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Mariska Hargitay. She's really thickened up the last few years of SVU. They try to disguise it by having her wear long shapeless coats, but it doesn't help much. She's gained a lot in her torso, so much so that she's got linebacker shoulders.

James Spader was starting to gain weight before Boston Legal, but IIRC most of the gain came during this series

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2015 10:32 PM

One should never indulge the servants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2015 10:40 PM

Nathan Fillion in "Castle" owns this thread. He turned from a hunky leading man they wanted to a chubster. I remember someone on the DL even said it affected his paycheck because he violated his appearance clause.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2015 10:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2015 10:52 PM

Wasn't Lisa Whelchel chubby from the beginning. I don't remember a svelte Blair.

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2015 10:54 PM

In the early years she weighed about what was considered normal for a teenage girl in the 1970s. It wasn't until the Edna's Edibles years that she started gaining weight, and even then she never got into Mindy Cohn territory.

Compare this to today when most people are overweight or obese, and they were like the canaries in the coal mine!

by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2015 10:59 PM

George Eads

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2015 11:00 PM

I remember the actress who played Monica in Friends gained a few pounds. But she went from anorexic to skinny.

by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2015 11:02 PM

Courtney Cox was never anything but rail thin during Friends run.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2015 11:13 PM

R41: That's why I never believed her as a former fat girl.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2015 11:17 PM

It was also funny since Monica was supposed to be a chef. Chefs tend to enjoy food and are not bone thin.

by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2015 11:23 PM

[quote]Leah remini on king of queens

How would anyone notice when porker Kevin James was around?

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2015 11:24 PM

R44: maybe they can also walk and chew gum at the same time!

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2015 11:26 PM

Lisa was never fat.

Mindy was considered heavy back then, but compared to now, she really isn't that overweight. Plus, she got very svelte towards the last two seasons of the show.

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2015 11:27 PM

R46: She had breast reduction surgery, supposedly to avoid back problems.

by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2015 11:30 PM

The guy who played Leo on Charmed was a hottie when he first joined but gained a lot of weight, especially in his face.

by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2015 11:36 PM

Leo on TWIN PEAKS got chunky. By the time the movie was made, he must have doubled in size. (Maybe he ate all the commissary food Laura Flynn Boyle threw away.)

by Anonymousreply 49November 28, 2015 11:43 PM

The cast of the Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2015 11:45 PM

Closet case George Eads in CSI.

by Anonymousreply 51November 28, 2015 11:48 PM

George Eads is not gay, r51. He is married and has several children.

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2015 12:06 AM

When Sherry Stringfield returned to ER, she got heavier and heavier with each season. Then she had a baby (actress and character) and lost the weight. Then she left again.

by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2015 12:23 AM

Married to who R52 ? I heard that he and Monica split up awhile back.

by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2015 12:24 AM

Jared Pada-Whatever got porky at one point in that ghost hunter show. Of course, now that he's depressed, I'm sure he's slimmed down.

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2015 12:29 AM

Kirstie Alley was a bit heavier at the end of Cheers, but it wasn't a big deal. Then she got somewhat svelte again for Veronica's Closet where Kathy Najimy was cast as her chubby sidekick. But as the show progressed thru three seasons, it was like they had morphed into each other. By the end, Kirstie was bursting the seams, and Kathy looked thinner than Kirstie at the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 56November 29, 2015 12:29 AM

James Roday on Psych gained a bit of weight after being scrumptious in season one.

by Anonymousreply 57November 29, 2015 1:33 AM

Though I adore she, Whoopi Goldberg has packed on the pounds on the View.

by Anonymousreply 58November 29, 2015 1:34 AM

Nathan Fillion has gained a lot of weight since Castle started.

by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2015 1:36 AM

Mindy Kaling went from normal weight to plump on The Office.

by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2015 1:38 AM

[quote]Mindy Kaling went from normal weight to plump on The Office.

Craft table

by Anonymousreply 61November 29, 2015 1:41 AM

Steve Carrell also gained a few pounds, but that was just hair plugs.

by Anonymousreply 62November 29, 2015 2:47 AM

R52, George Eads has just divorced from his beard. She was a friend of Jorja Fox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 29, 2015 2:56 AM

Steve Carell lost weight between Season 1 and Season 2 of The Office.

by Anonymousreply 64November 29, 2015 3:02 AM

William Shatner on "Star Trek".

Although the really massive gains were yet to come.

Kevin James actually lost some weight for a while and they made a plot point of it with his wife becoming jealous that he started getting the attention that she usually did.

by Anonymousreply 65November 29, 2015 3:07 AM

Of course there's that guy from Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but he gained the weight to protest that TV stars always get really skinny when their shows are successful.

by Anonymousreply 66November 29, 2015 3:10 AM

I listened to Mindy Kaling's first audio book on Scribd sometime back. I was interested in juicy stories. She talked about her weight in a few essays. Her weight has fluctuated since she was a teenager. One essay was about her being bullied by African kid in high school and she lost weight because of the bullying. Towards the end of the book, Mindy talked about how she did a photo shoot for People's Most Beautiful issue in 2010 or 2011. She and Ellie Kemper were picked partially because they both went to Ivy League schools. I think Mindy is ugly and Ellie is very average looking. But anyway, Mindy broke down crying at the photo shoot because she couldn't fit into some of the dresses that stylist brought.

by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2015 3:23 AM

Darrell Hammond gained some weight during his SNL run.

by Anonymousreply 68November 29, 2015 3:32 AM

R67 Mindy's first book was wonderful. I haven't read the second one, though.

by Anonymousreply 69November 29, 2015 3:34 AM

Katey Cuolo from Big Bang Theory has gained weight since the show started. So has Johnny Galecki.

ALL the Facts of Life actresses battled their weight during the show's run. There are episodes where Tootie is as big as Natalie. True, a lot of that weight is her breasts but she got big in the hips as well. Nancy McKeon had quite a few episodes where they dressed her in awful matronly getups to try and hide her weight.

by Anonymousreply 70November 29, 2015 3:35 AM

Michael E. Knight gained a lot of weight over the years he played Tad Martin on All My Children. Ditto Susan Flannery as Stephanie Forrester on The and the Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 71November 29, 2015 3:36 AM

Sasha Pieterse on Pretty Little Liars. In the first four seasons, she was mostly a guest star and then this past year she gained weight when became a regular. She has said that the weight gain is due to imbalances.

by Anonymousreply 72November 29, 2015 3:42 AM

Tyne

by Anonymousreply 73November 29, 2015 3:48 AM

[quote]Same thing with George Eads on CSI. In the early seasons he had a lovely body and then plumped and grew a beard. Ugh.

Yeah, George went from this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 29, 2015 3:49 AM

Sharon

by Anonymousreply 75November 29, 2015 3:50 AM

To this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 29, 2015 3:50 AM

R62 Shut up Jenna. You only got popular on The Office because the other female cast members were either fat or ugly. I wish Mindy Kaling and Phyllis Smith would have eaten you.

by Anonymousreply 77November 29, 2015 3:55 AM

Beck Bennett gained a lot of weight during his two years on SNL, probably due to all the stress of trying to get airtime (a common problem among the SNL cast). But last summer he lost a lot of weight and looks fantastic now.

I feel sorry for the girl who plays Alex on "Modern Family." She was so cute when she was little, and grew up to be a big girl with huge tits. She's had the breasts reduced, but she's still fairly noticeably heavy.

I agree Nathan Fillion and Patricia Arquette are the two most noticeable in this category. Nathan used to be such a hunk, and now he's such a tub.

by Anonymousreply 78November 29, 2015 4:05 AM

[quote]Mindy's first book was wonderful. I haven't read the second one, though.

I have read most of her second book. She again mentions her weight and how she will never be skinny. She also admits to not always eating healthy foods. The Emmy announcement and snub from 2013 are brought up. Mindy admitted that she actually thought she would get an Emmy nomination and was pissed when it didn't happen. She wrote about going to a McDonalds afterwards for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 79November 29, 2015 5:07 AM

I have a book about masturbation that I could give you, dear Mindy!

by Anonymousreply 80November 29, 2015 5:26 PM

I got thinner during the run of Growing Pains

by Anonymousreply 81November 29, 2015 6:19 PM

You're still fat, Tracey. You should really try to lose some weight, dear.

by Anonymousreply 82November 29, 2015 7:49 PM

Mindy Kaling really is unfortunate looking, it makes me sad for her.

by Anonymousreply 83November 29, 2015 8:02 PM

Don't be, R83. She has her own TV show that she writes, so she can have wildly out of her league guys falling over themselves to be with her. Of course, the TV viewing public quickly rejected it, even as sci-fi, and it had to move to online streaming video, but who cares when it's funny?

It's funny, right?

Yikes...

by Anonymousreply 84November 29, 2015 8:25 PM

[quote]Mindy Kaling really is unfortunate looking, it makes me sad for her.

I was never sad for Mindy or the other ugly women on The Office. I was lucky to have the "pretty girl of the cast" title.

by Anonymousreply 85November 29, 2015 9:12 PM

I googled Ken Olin and Ken Wahl... but neither are the actor turned director I'm thinking of. He was a brown haired hunky type - possibly on night time soaps and action series - mainly in the 80s. I only found out a while back that he'd moved into directing episodic TV... Can anyone supply his surname?

by Anonymousreply 86November 29, 2015 9:26 PM

It's Ken Olin of thirtysomething. He directed Brothers & Sisters.

by Anonymousreply 87November 29, 2015 9:38 PM

Ken Olin C. early Thirtysomething had a Jon Hamm thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 88November 29, 2015 9:42 PM

No, it's not Ken Olin. Think more lightweight hunk type - like a Maxwell Caulfield. But his name was Ken.

by Anonymousreply 89November 29, 2015 9:44 PM

Are you thinking of Ken Ryker?

Ken Olin and Ken Wahl both were smoking hot in the 80s. The only other Ken who comes to mind is Ken Marino, who did a stint on Dawson's Creek.

by Anonymousreply 90November 29, 2015 9:53 PM

The Beav

Rachel Ray

by Anonymousreply 91November 29, 2015 10:25 PM

I misdirected you all with the director thing. Apparently he expanded into producing. It's Ken Olandt.

by Anonymousreply 92November 29, 2015 10:26 PM

Alex Winter is not fat. Shapely, yes. I have figure like hers and if I dressed like her character does on MF, I would look chubby, too. There's a pic of her in a bikini and she looks fine. I'm not into the actresses looking like matchsticks for me to watch them on TV. Plus, she got a breast reduction.

by Anonymousreply 93November 29, 2015 10:35 PM

John Corbett and Chris Noth on Sex and the City

by Anonymousreply 94November 29, 2015 11:15 PM

r33, I think Hargitay gained weight because of menopause. Her waist, her face just tell that. She's still a good looking woman for her age. Not sure being thin would do any favor at her age either.

by Anonymousreply 95November 29, 2015 11:24 PM

Yeah, r95, menopause makes women thicken at the waist no matter how skinny they were before. Not sure why that is.

by Anonymousreply 96November 30, 2015 12:21 AM

Has anyone mentioned Allen Leech (Tom Branson) of Downton Abbey? Somebody give him Lady Mary's corset.

by Anonymousreply 97November 30, 2015 3:46 AM

Some examples:

Jason Lee, “My Name Is Earl”

Justin Theroux, “The Leftovers”

Barbara Walters, “The View”

by Anonymousreply 98November 30, 2015 3:56 AM

I think Brian Baumgartner kept gaining weight through The Office run.

by Anonymousreply 99November 30, 2015 4:18 AM

Lauren Ambrose had weight gains on Six Feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 100November 30, 2015 4:21 AM

America's Sweetheart

by Anonymousreply 101November 30, 2015 4:29 AM

James Spader

by Anonymousreply 102November 30, 2015 4:37 AM

Cybill Shepherd on Cybill.

by Anonymousreply 103November 30, 2015 4:47 AM

I think James Spader has gotten ugly over the past several years.

by Anonymousreply 104November 30, 2015 5:00 AM

Considering that he was supposed to be the leading male character on shows like "Boston Legal", it's amazing how fat the producers let him become.

by Anonymousreply 105November 30, 2015 5:10 AM

Would they let an actress gain that much weight?

by Anonymousreply 106November 30, 2015 5:37 AM

I've only gained six pounds during "Girls"!

by Anonymousreply 107November 30, 2015 10:41 AM

Poor Lisa Whelchel. The producers of the Facts of Life would WEIGH HER IN on set each morning and sent her to fat farms when the show was on hiatus. Imagine being a teenaged girl and having a bunch of grown men ridicule your weight every day? She seems to have a healthy attitude toward it, surprisingly. She's written a lot about her struggles with weight, but from what I've seen of photos over the years she was never anywhere near obese.

She was average weight in season one and two...seasons 3-5 were the chubby years. But in all honesty, she never looked that big to me. It seemed like most of the weight went to her boobs and hips, so she still had a nice shape.

One of the things I liked about the Facts of Life was that all the girls looked like normal girls. They were all average/normal looking (well, Whelchel really was beautiful, but the "pretty one" on a show nowadays would never be anything close to overweight)...compare that to nowadays, when everyone on "teenage" shows look like models. It would be refreshing to have a show like that now.

by Anonymousreply 108November 30, 2015 12:00 PM

I think Nancy McKeon was prettier than Welchel. Kim Fields was hindered by her hairstyles.

by Anonymousreply 109November 30, 2015 12:07 PM

Not me! Oh, no!

by Anonymousreply 110November 30, 2015 12:08 PM

[quote]She has her own TV show that she writes, so she can have wildly out of her league guys falling over themselves to be with her.

She figured it worked for a total schlub like Adam Sandler, so why shouldn't she do the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 111November 30, 2015 12:25 PM

R111, you are my hero.

by Anonymousreply 112November 30, 2015 1:14 PM

Thank you, R112.

by Anonymousreply 113November 30, 2015 1:21 PM

R92, Ken Olandt's major claim to fame was playing Derek on Y&R (soap), and a show called Super Force (sci-fi).

by Anonymousreply 114November 30, 2015 1:34 PM

He also played a student-cum-stripper in a Mark Harmon vehicle called Summer School. He's aged better than the other two Kens.

by Anonymousreply 115November 30, 2015 2:45 PM

Was Mindy Cohn sent to fat farms or was she sent and then escaped?

by Anonymousreply 116November 30, 2015 3:08 PM

Most of these people were already fat and don't come close to being Delta Burke.

Lisa Whelchel was "normal" the first season of the FoL and then blimped out during the high school years. She was also fat the first year of Edna's Edibles, then she dropped a ton. People like Matthew Perry gained weight bug weren't Delta Burke fat.

Leah Remini gained weight cause she was pregnant and then had a bit of a time trying to lose it.

by Anonymousreply 117November 30, 2015 3:12 PM

Did BJ Novak actually fuck chubby Mindy Kaling or was Mindy pretending that he was her boyfriend? Novak is a kind of a fug.

by Anonymousreply 118November 30, 2015 3:20 PM

When Lisa was a New Mouseketeer, they actually had her sing "A Spoonful of Sugar." Then when they went to Walt Disney World, she invented Instagram:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 30, 2015 3:21 PM

I'm not sure if the actors dated in real life, but the Ryan/Kelly "romance" was one of the funniest parts of the show.

That, and mancrush Michael had on Ryan, especially when it came out after HR demanded to read M's journals.

by Anonymousreply 120November 30, 2015 3:24 PM

David Boreanaz during Angel. Nathan Fillion owns this thread. James Roday of Psych Matthew Fox (a bit) during Lost

by Anonymousreply 121November 30, 2015 3:29 PM

The dad in 8 is enough

by Anonymousreply 122November 30, 2015 3:44 PM

Oh come on, r117, I don't think Lisa was ever really fat. This picture is her at what I would say is her heaviest on the show...I wouldn't describe her as fat, chubby maybe, but not fat.

(also, why the fuck did they hang out with Tootie? Nosy thing always getting everyone into trouble...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 30, 2015 3:45 PM

Tootie was like the annoying "little sister" of the show. Jo was the no-nonsense type sister, Natalie is the sweet and chubby sister and Blair the bossy and vain sister.

by Anonymousreply 124November 30, 2015 3:48 PM

To the poster that asked about Mindy Cohn--her weight battle was much different. As she went though puberty, she lost weight, and the producers were always on her to gain it back. A lot of times they layered her up to give the illusion that she was heavier than she actually was.

by Anonymousreply 125November 30, 2015 3:50 PM

The dad from Nell Carter's show

by Anonymousreply 126February 8, 2018 12:29 PM

Girls! Why don't you all turn off the TV for an hour a day and take a walk around the park, yourselves!

by Anonymousreply 127February 8, 2018 12:51 PM

My BF was watching a Lifetime movie and I notice Dean Cain in it. He really chunked out. For a second, I thought it was Wayne Newton

by Anonymousreply 128February 8, 2018 12:59 PM

I second Cagney and Lacey. They both blew up like Macy's parade floats.

by Anonymousreply 129February 8, 2018 3:46 PM

James Roday before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 8, 2018 7:14 PM

James Roday after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 8, 2018 7:16 PM

Steve Howey from "Reba" went from a tall, good looking guy with a swimmer's body to a noticeably chunkier version by the end of the series.

He then muscled up impressively.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 8, 2018 7:40 PM

R 108, Most of Lisa Whelchel's weight went between her ears, as she is a massive C@@T

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2018 8:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!