Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anybody else collect hair?

I've been doing it for years. I keep it in jars and boxes. It makes me feel good. Is it just me? I'm starting to feel like some kind of weirdo. Please tell me this is perfectly normal.

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2020 12:07 PM

OP, I'VE GOT YOUR DOG! I'VE GOT YOUR DOG!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2015 8:40 PM

Yes, you are a "fucling weirdo"

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2015 8:41 PM

I'M GOING TO BREAK YOUR DOG'S LITTLE NECK IF YOU DON'T LET ME OUT OF HERE, OP!

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2015 8:42 PM

That's Fucking Weirdo to you!!

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2015 8:43 PM

Do you smell burnt almonds?

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2015 8:46 PM

I'll save mine for you, weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2015 8:47 PM

Here (hair?) you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2015 8:48 PM

No,but I collect skin.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2015 8:59 PM

Fucking creeper OP.

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2020 3:51 AM

whose hair?

i have seen artworks in galleries hand woven out of human hair.

i have also seen Victorian Remembrances, where they take locks of the hair of loved ones, and make floral designs and put them under glass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2020 3:57 AM

OP, that is kinda weird. I would only share that in an anonymous internet forum, cause everyone else gonna think you a serial killer!

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2020 4:00 AM

The secret to the 1940s Victory Roll 'do was saving the shed hair from a brush or comb until you had enough to stuff into a hairnet and make a rat, which added volume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2020 4:11 AM

Beyond creepy...yikes.

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2020 4:32 AM

Just my pube garden in the corner of the bathroom

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2020 4:46 AM

Kevin?

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2020 5:02 AM

I collect my cats' whiskers. A friend of mine did this and I thought it was weird. I kept them in a jar on my windowsill, but the cleaners through them away. Now I keep the jar in a cupboard, but it only has one whisker.

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2020 5:15 AM

Something to do with the hair you collect from your brush; does anyone remember "Trump your cat"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 21, 2020 5:19 AM

No, I don't have a hair collection, Op, but yours sounds delightful.

I do have a celebrity booger collection. Well, actually it's a collection of rolled up bits of rubber cement (so booger like!) pinned to a board with celebrity names underneath, each one on a little tag.

by Anonymousreply 18March 21, 2020 5:25 AM

No, but I have a skin ball made from peeling sun burned skin. Or I had when I was 12 until my brother shamed me into throwing it away.

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2020 5:26 AM

***shivers***

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2020 5:51 AM

I collect my fuckbuddies pubes. Yes I’m a weirdo what can I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2020 5:57 AM

I have a little box of my deceased long-haired cat's fur. Sometimes I touch it and smell it. Miss him so much.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2020 6:03 AM

That's how I started out. Of course I stored my hair on some bald dolls and well the rest is history

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2020 6:14 AM

My great grandmother who did a lot of sewing, embroidery, and crochet work made a pin cushion by using her own hair as the stuffing. It's like a small 6" x 12" pillow with beautiful lacing around the edge. My sister still has it with her own sewing materials, all the old pins and needles intact. I wonder if hair was a common thing to use as stuffing for small pillows back in the olden days?

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2020 6:20 AM

Can I have your hair stuffing?

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2020 7:39 AM

I think it was common, used for things like posters above have mentioned. I remember reading something set in the late 1800's (written at the time or shortly after, not modern historical fiction) and a woman was given a set of stuff that would go on a vanity as a gift. It included a brush and comb as you'd expect and something called a 'receiver' I believe, which was to put your shed hair in.

Wasn't there a Project Runway contestant whose thing was using human hair instead of fur to adorn his garments?

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2020 8:27 AM

No, but I save my toenail clippings.

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2020 8:33 AM

'Collect' isn't the right word...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2020 9:04 AM

R27 Saving toenail clippings is very common in European countries. It has something to do with warding off evil. Something about the clippings being used by your enemies to put a curse on you. I remember a scene from The Sopranos when Tony visited Italy that was specific about it.

by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2020 10:13 AM

Do you have a collection of Hair Receivers to collect your hair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2020 10:41 AM

Or maybe you use the saved hair to construct tableaux?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2020 10:43 AM

OP, do you smell burned toast?

by Anonymousreply 32March 21, 2020 10:45 AM

[quote]“I have a Ziploc bag full of hair”, Flowers revealed to the newspaper’s Radar magazine. “I’ll grow five or six days growth, make sure that the sink is dry, use an electric razor, catch it in the sink, and then I’m able to just scoop it into the bag!”

[quote]“It’s a lot of hair!” he added. “But it’s compacted. And it doesn’t smell. It’s all black but about half way up you start to see some greys. I don’t know what to do with it yet. It means something.

Well I never in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2020 10:56 AM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2020 10:58 AM

R32 [quote] do you smell burned toast?

No, just smelling cookies.

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2020 10:58 AM

About ten years ago a young cat of mine called Maggs died of leukemia. I was heartbroken; he was special, but doomed from the start. The vet figured he had received the disease from his mother as a young kitten, and he had not been really well his entire short life. He was a gorgeous tuxedo cat. When he died, I found a small box, and into it I put one of baby teeth that he had shed, one of his whiskers, and a clipping of his fur. I figure a lot of cat owners do the same thing. I put him in a sturdy container, and buried him in the back yard, just behind the house.

...And, as a postscript, I'm going to tell this story: One of the other cats, Seth, had been his special friend. Seth was a tuxedo cat as well, but also a Manx cat. Last summer, we surmised that his time was limited, due to a couple of health problems he had, so we decided that we would let him out to roam around the yard, supervised, of course. He could have gone anywhere, but he trotted over to the place where I had buried Maggs, sat down directly onto the grave, and looked up at us with a self-satisfied smirk. When Seth died, I buried him alongside his old companion. It was the least I could do.

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2020 11:26 AM

Burn it all before the voodoo witches get it and cast you under hunny.

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2020 12:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!