Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can we talk about the show Silver Spoons?

Yes, another 80s thread.

I was fascinated by this show and in particular Ricky Schroder. He was blond and blue eyed and the epitome of 80s cute American preppy boys.

His character lived in a big house and dressed well had quirky friends and was unusually mature for his age.

Ricky was my first gay boy crush and not only that but I so desperately wanted to be like him, but I was fat and poor and not blond nor blue eyed. So I lived vicariously through Ricky Stratton.

by Anonymousreply 159June 10, 2019 12:12 AM

I love the episode where Ricky loses a bet to Derrick and he has to dress like a girl and then they fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2015 1:05 AM

I loved the show as a boy, too and had several of my first masturbatory experiences thinking about Ricky and Jason Bateman. Now Rick looks like a catcher's mitt, but Jason Bateman became even more handsome as an adult man. I prided myself in dressing likd Ricky at the time. All those silly pastel and gray sweaters...

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2015 1:11 AM

Don't forget the jelly bracelets R2!

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2015 1:12 AM

And lest we forget, Derek was a young Jason Bateman.

Ricky Schroeder was totally my first and most intense prepubescent gayling crush at around 7-8 years old. So blonde, so adorable. I wanted to live in that mansion with him so badly but wouldn't fully understand why for a few more years. He matured nicely and I recall a few later season episodes where he wore nothing but a towel or a swimsuit and by then I had matured to the point of fully understanding why I liked it.

And funny you mention this now because I totally saw Joel Higgins (Mr. Stratton) on the street in NYC just the other day and was taken right back.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2015 1:12 AM

God I loved this show. It introduced me to Jason Bateman. I was about 2 years younger and lusted after all of them. I'm wondering if adults watched this stuff? Besides pedophiles

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2015 1:12 AM

I had a crush on Erin Gray... She did not age well...

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2015 1:16 AM

I loved Erin Grey and Joel Higgins too. WHET? And did they ever get together on the show? I'm surprised they didn't have a baby that magically aged 5 years. It's been so long since I've seen this. I loved Ricky's bitchy mom too. Who was that actress? It's been so long. Wasn't there a butler too? Was it John Houseman?

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2015 1:16 AM

I love your post R4! I was the same age as Ricky Schroder and as he got older so did I and only then did the realization of why I was so intensely attracted to him dawn on me.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2015 1:18 AM

Ricky's mom was played by Christine Belford, who later played Rose Nylon's daughter on Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2015 1:21 AM

John Houseman played the Grandfather. I vividly remember the scene where they go deer hunting and Ricky is traumatized. There wasn't a butler, but there was a black assistant type who was around a lot and was kind of stuffy. Two different ones, if I recall correctly, and the second brought along his nephew Alfonso Ribeiro.

I seem to remember this coming on after Diff'rent Strokes. Or maybe right after Punky Brewster?

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2015 1:21 AM

I watched the show religiously & also had a crush on Ricky...too bad he grew up to be a right-wing douche. Most of my memories of the show are for the music-related episodes - Alfonso pretending like he knew Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston serenading Dexter with "Savin' All My Love," Ricky lying heartbroken in his race-car bed listening to "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister...

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2015 1:23 AM

Rumor had it that the Ricker's stage mother had Jason Bateman fired. Too much cute, heartthrob competition for her son apparently.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2015 1:23 AM

[quote]I seem to remember this coming on after Diff'rent Strokes

I don't think that's accurate. Silver Spoons was on NBC, Diff'rent Strokes was on ABC. Unless you meant it just aired after Diff'Rent Strokes did.

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2015 1:24 AM

I heard that too R12. TPTB claimed it was because Jason was getting his own show, but he only got he show after Mama Schroder had Jason bounced from SS. Apparently he was getting more fan mail than Ricky and that pissed Ricky off.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2015 1:25 AM

All I know is that Silver Spoons no longer get you automatically elected.

by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2015 1:27 AM

R13, Wrong...sort-of. Diff'rent Strokes was on NBC originally. They cancelled it and ABC picked it up for a season or maybe two.

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2015 1:27 AM

Diff'rent Strokes switched networks and was originally on NBC. I just looked it up - in 82-83 Saturday night on NBC was DS at 8 and SS at 8:30. I would have indeed been 7-8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2015 1:27 AM

It was Different Strokes, Silver Spoons and then Facts of Life. Later on it was Amen, 227 and Golden Girls after FoL. I loved them all.

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2015 1:34 AM

Did Silver Spoons ever switch to Sunday nights?

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2015 1:35 AM

[quote]Mama Schroder had Jason bounced from SS

If she had him bounced she sure took a long time to do it. He lasted two years!

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2015 1:36 AM

Bateman was a scene stealer for sure. The biy had natural comedic timing, like Jonathan Taylor Thomas did later. Anyway, I was partial to Ricky's friend J.T. played by Bobby Fite.

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2015 1:37 AM

I recall a scene where Ricky was on the phone with the leader of Russia and he ended the call with:

"Yuri, why don't you walk to the edge of a cliff....Andropov!"

The audience went wild. So weird, so 80s.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2015 1:45 AM

[quote] I love the episode where Ricky loses a bet to Derrick and he has to dress like a girl and then they fuck.

Yes. Isn't this the episode?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2015 1:53 AM

Erin Gray and Meredith Viera look like sisters.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2015 1:59 AM

It moved to Sundays at 7 (right before Punky Brewster) after two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2015 2:34 AM

Joel Higgins was a hot daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2015 2:41 AM

God, Joel Higgins.

Growing up, my best friend's dad looked just like Joel. It was when Joel starred in the TV show "Best of the West". Dave (my friend) invited me to go skiing for school vacation week with his dad and his brother & brother's friend. Dave & I were in a bedroom that shared a bathroom with his dad's bedroom. It was a straight shot across, so we could see across the bathroom into his dad's bedroom. The first night, I see "Joel" get completely undressed and walk into the bathroom to brush his teeth. Completely. Naked. I was 13, so I got a lump in my throat and started sweating as I watched him. He was thin, muscular, cock was probably average, but flopped around as he walked and brushed his teeth. I said something stupid to my friend, like "Gee, Dave, your dad is naked." Over 30 years later, I remember his response "Yeah, he doesn't wear anything when he sleeps." I can't count the number of times I jacked off to that memory with that phrase in my head. (Nowadays a man would get reported for walking around naked in front of his son's friends.)

God, Joel Higgins.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2015 4:58 AM

I always thought Joel Higgins was gay since I first saw him on Search For Tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2015 5:13 AM

Ricky's nose was always too small for him. One of the blacks guys died of AIDS, or was it both?

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2015 10:32 AM

I liked that very special episode where young Ricky Stratton learned the fate of his runaway mother, Dorothy.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2015 11:39 AM

When they got rid of Bateman, they brought in Alfonso Ribeiro to be his new best friend. Remember when Alfonso's fussy bachelor uncle Dexter Stuffins, played by the late Franklyn Seales, fell hard for Whitney Houston and wanted to run off with her? He probably would've been a better match than Bobby Brown.

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2015 11:54 AM

Remember when Ricky found a homeless family on his many acres living in a cave at Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2015 2:34 PM

I remember when RIcky stole the key to the cable box to watch dirty movies. The Ricker turned into The Jacker that night.

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2015 2:49 PM

[quote]I recall a few later season episodes where he wore nothing but a towel or a swimsuit

Are they, um, showing syndicated repeats of this series anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2015 3:12 PM

Where did the show supposedly take place?

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2015 4:14 PM

Connecticut I think.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2015 4:21 PM

I always imagined some tony suburb of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2015 4:22 PM

And nobody answered my question. Did adults watch this stuff?

by Anonymousreply 38November 25, 2015 4:22 PM

Some adults did, R38.

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2015 4:24 PM

I just got out of a relationship with a 39-year-old man with the mind of a 12-year-old boy (after a car accident and coma), and it made me think of this show and how many other shows have bizarre parallels to my own life. Joel Higgins was 39 when it started and Ricky was 12.

[quote] I always imagined some tony suburb of NYC.

I assumed they were on Long Island. They're too rich for Staten Island but that's where Ricky's accent comes from.

Gary Coleman played Arnold once, so they live in the same universe as the [italic]Diff'rent Strokes[/italic] characters (and by proxy [italic]The Facts of Life[/italic]) and [italic]Hello Larry[/italic] but none of them ever appear).

by Anonymousreply 40November 25, 2015 4:41 PM

Can we talk about some of the silver spoons Whitney brought to the set? They weren't for stirring tea…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 25, 2015 4:44 PM

He went to my elementary school. Sand Shore in NJ.

by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2015 4:46 PM

Sounds like Jason Bateman on both SS and Valerie pissed off the leads when unwittingly he became more popular. He is a natural and it's easy to see why he's lasted so long.

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2015 4:54 PM

[quote]Did adults watch this stuff?

This show changed the definition of adulthood. In 1982, the idea of video games in your home was absurd because they were as big as refrigerators and most played only one game. Now nearly every kid plays video games at home.

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2015 5:04 PM

You just know JT grew up to throw a mean fuck... and then ended up on hard times, having to film scenes on Sean Cody.

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2015 5:22 PM

Also in the early 80s the concept of a man child raising a kid was unique. Now manchildren are commonplace.

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2015 5:27 PM

R46 I was in an antique mall this morning wandering around and I heard an adult male voice saying, "No you can't touch. These are daddy's toys and not for you." As I rounded the corner I saw a grown man with an arm full of still packaged GI Joe action figures and a very dejected looking kid of about 4 or 5 trailing behind him. What a fucking douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 47November 25, 2015 6:07 PM

Ricky hated Jason more than Joyce hated Suzanne and that is saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 48November 25, 2015 6:09 PM

Interesting. They've both talked about each other in interviews:

GQ: Were you friendly during that period?

Jason Bateman: Very friendly. We hung out a lot. We’d ride our bikes around the lot for ercise, or fucking around, and we’d hold on to the back of one of those trams [gestures at a tram full of tourists on the tour], and we’d let the tram pull us along this route right here with the people in the back of the tram going, "Oooh, it’s those two kids from Silver Spoons!" We’d have the tram pull us all the way up to Jaws Lake, where we’d roll up our pants and wade in and net a bunch of goldfish and put ’em in a plastic bag to take back to Ricky’s fish tank in the schoolroom. He had a bunch of fish-eating fish, you know, like big fish that all they ate was fish? Eventually the tram people sent a letter to our parents saying, "Can you please have your kids stop wading in Jaws Lake? They’re ruining the effect. You know, ’cause people are supposed to be afraid of this great white shark—"

AVC: What was Jason Bateman like at that age?

RS: Jason was so talented, and he was part of the show from the very beginning. He was in the pilot, and they liked him so much that he went on to get his own spinoff. Jason was my only friend in L.A. because I was from New York and didn’t know anybody. So Jason and I were buddies, and unfortunately our friendship never kept up over the years, but I’m really happy when I see Jason’s success.

by Anonymousreply 49November 25, 2015 6:21 PM

[quote]I just got out of a relationship with a 39-year-old man with the mind of a 12-year-old boy (after a car accident and coma)

Were you with him before or after the accident?

by Anonymousreply 50November 25, 2015 6:48 PM

I'm surprised the remember their time on the show so fondly. I always figured they hated each other since Ricky never appeared on "Arrested Development" for a reunion.

by Anonymousreply 51November 25, 2015 6:51 PM

Like other posters here, Ricky's developing teenage body was one of the joys of my own puberty.

by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2015 6:55 PM

Why don't they reunite? Other than Stuffins and Houseman, aren't they all still alive?

by Anonymousreply 53November 25, 2015 6:59 PM

Here they all are "reunited" on The Today Show in 2013

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 25, 2015 7:06 PM

R35, I believe the show took place in fictional Shallow Springs, New York, a town on Long Island. Sick sad me knew that from memory, but the link confirms my memory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2015 8:08 PM

[quote]unfortunately our friendship never kept up over the years, but I’m really happy when I see Jason’s success.

Sounds like William Frawley trying to be nice, when he said, about Vivian Vance, "Not a nicer girl ever came out of Kansas, but sometimes I wished she'd go back there."

by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2015 9:45 PM

Ricky was also MY first crush. I have the super cool sneaker roller skates with the yellow wheels that Ricky wore. I bought them brand new on eBay a few years ago because when I was a kid my mom wouldn't buy them for me. I like to look at them and skate around the apt in them, but that's it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 25, 2015 10:10 PM

Aside from also having a crush on Ricky I was--even at a young age--enthralled with his wardrobe. I couldn't imagine having so many different outfits. When I started my first job as a teen I became a serious clothes horse.

by Anonymousreply 58November 25, 2015 10:16 PM

All my friends were obsessed with Ricky, but I had a thing for Dexter Stuffins (!)

by Anonymousreply 59November 25, 2015 10:19 PM

It was all about that train. Without the train no one would have cared.

by Anonymousreply 60November 25, 2015 10:20 PM

Hey bro, wassup?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2015 10:22 PM

Jesus, that whole show must have been Michael Jackson's wet dream come true.

by Anonymousreply 62November 25, 2015 10:23 PM

I was a small child when that show was on tv. i wasn't into ricky schroder. i instead was whacking off to pierce brosnan on remington steele.

by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2015 10:46 PM

Train, schmain! I had a Victorian mansion full of secret passages AND Chad Allen. Top that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2015 11:05 PM

[quote]Top that bitch!

Are you implying you're a top, Webster?

by Anonymousreply 65November 25, 2015 11:14 PM

As a gayling, I had a major thing for cute blonde boys.. so Ricky Shroder was the epitome of a "cute boy" to me. Webster's Dictionary should have put his face next to the word "cute" - that's how I used to think lol.

by Anonymousreply 66November 25, 2015 11:16 PM

WEHT Leonard Lightfoot, the guy Franklyn Seales replaced? Any truth to the rumor he was fired for bringing a gun to the set?

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2015 11:19 PM

I've never been into blond guys so Ricky never did much for me - until the last season or so of the show when he went through puberty and got a rocking bod. (We're the same age so chill out.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 26, 2015 12:01 AM

Silver Spoons was all about the guest stars. Remember when Menudo (pre Ricky Martin) went on the show and performed their smash hit "Gotta Get On Moving".

Dance your cares away and get moving now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 26, 2015 12:42 AM

Pearl Bailey guest starred and I think that they killed her character off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 26, 2015 12:46 AM

I thought I had completely blocked out most memories of this show but every time someone mentions an episode or guest star I'm like, Oh yeah, I totally remember that!

No one has mentioned Ricky's nerdy friend Freddy yet. He looked like Froggy from the Little Rascals. For some reason I've always remembered his full name: Frederick March Lippencottleman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 26, 2015 4:36 AM

As someone mentioned earlier, J.T. was very hot.

But I had masturbatory fantasies about Ricky and Derek also, of course.

by Anonymousreply 72November 27, 2015 1:54 AM

I neve thought Ricky Schroder was cute as a kid but when he "grew up" he got hot.

by Anonymousreply 73November 27, 2015 12:25 PM

They should have run one more season because then Ricky would have finally turned eighteen by that point. His daddy was no slouch in the looks department, either. And when Ricky's birth mother remarried, the fiancée was played by John Matuszak! Now I'm starting to wonder who gave HIV to Franklyn Seales!

The show must have really ceased to be a priority for what was left of Embassy under Coca-Cola after NBC threw it and [italic]Punky Brewster[/italic], whose taste in men I can find no fault with, on the sword for [italic]Our House[/italic], which took Chad Allen away from [italic]Webster[/italic] since regular roles pay better than recurring ones. NBC knew Disney, which had that same time slot for twenty years, was going to take much of those shows' audience away from them when it came back on ABC in 1986, so they cut their losses and let them live out the rest of their days in first-run syndication. Columbia got another two seasons out of [italic]Punky[/italic] for a total of four, but Embassy only gave this show another season before they let it end, since it had five seasons total, more than enough to syndicate. By the end of 1987, Embassy was folded into Columbia Pictures Television and ceased to exist as a production company.

by Anonymousreply 74November 27, 2015 4:18 PM

Oh, how I love you, R57.

by Anonymousreply 75November 27, 2015 4:24 PM

I want to live in the parallel universe where Rick is now a black man's snowbunny.

by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2015 4:44 PM

I always suspected that Chad Allen was supposed to be the new Ricky Schroeder... he just didn't have the IT that the Rickster had!

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2015 6:46 PM

i wanted to fuck/suck ricky so bad.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2015 6:52 PM

Get in line, R78.

by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2015 6:54 PM

[quote] I always suspected that Chad Allen was supposed to be the new Ricky Schroeder... he just didn't have the IT that the Rickster had!

You mean a wife and four kids?

by Anonymousreply 80November 27, 2015 7:49 PM

I think this show is a perfect example of how the 1980s were all about gimmicks--sitcoms, wrestling, music. You had to have some quirky gimmick to keep an audience amused like Webster and his house with secret passages and Ricky with his manchild father with a model train in the house.

by Anonymousreply 81November 28, 2015 12:51 PM

[quote]You had to have some quirky gimmick to keep an audience amused

Or Cosby where black people weren't on welfare

by Anonymousreply 82November 28, 2015 1:43 PM

Or gay characters who weren't flaming queens and didn't have AIDS

by Anonymousreply 83November 28, 2015 1:53 PM

[quote] Or gay characters who weren't flaming queens and didn't have AIDS

Name one from a pre-1990 show other than [italic]Soap[italic]'s Jodie Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 84November 28, 2015 2:04 PM

[/italic]Please.

by Anonymousreply 85November 28, 2015 2:05 PM

Isn't Pricky Schroeder also a big old Mor(m)on?

by Anonymousreply 86November 28, 2015 2:27 PM

R86, google "Mama Dragon."

by Anonymousreply 87November 28, 2015 2:29 PM

Five'll get you ten many of you crying "pedo" over fond, nostalgic remembrances of childhood crushes are secretly counting the days until Nolan Gould turns 18.

by Anonymousreply 88November 28, 2015 10:37 PM

Fuck Nolan Gould, I'm counting the days till Shawn Mendes turns 18!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 28, 2015 11:18 PM

[quote]Name one from a pre-1990 show other than Soap's Jodie Dallas.

Sidney Shorr from Love, Sidney!

by Anonymousreply 90November 29, 2015 1:12 AM

Who's crying "pedo" on this thread? I haven't seen one post saying that.

Maybe I've finally blocked the right assholes? If so, yay!

by Anonymousreply 91November 29, 2015 2:14 AM

Am I the only one who was around the same age as Ricky and his friends, but who found the father more attractive?

I mean, Ricky was cute, and Derek was adorable, but who wants a boy when there's a handsome man around?

God, I used to buff the muffin to Joel Higgins, Bob Crane, John Schneider and Tom Wopat, Christopher Reeve... *sigh*

by Anonymousreply 92November 29, 2015 2:17 AM

Is your muffin male or female, r92?

by Anonymousreply 93November 29, 2015 3:05 AM

[quote] Who's crying "pedo" on this thread? I haven't seen one post saying that.

R91, meet R5.

by Anonymousreply 94November 29, 2015 3:29 AM

I guess in retrospect I can see that Joel Higgins was attractive but on the show he was so goofy and asexual I never gave him a second thought.

by Anonymousreply 95November 29, 2015 3:41 AM

No pedo here, I was a year younger than Ricky. No interest in boys now whatsoever, I like older guys. And Ewww GROSS, Nolan Gould?!?!? Are you trying to make is sick? That kid is fugly as hell.

by Anonymousreply 96November 29, 2015 5:43 AM

Silver Vibrator.

by Anonymousreply 97November 29, 2015 12:03 PM

[quote]Is your muffin male or female, [R92]?

Female, obviously.

Don't you think I would've said "jack/jerk/beat off" instead, if I were male?

by Anonymousreply 98December 6, 2015 8:22 PM

R94, the poster at R5 didn't "cry 'pedo'", they said the word in the context of asking if adults used to watch Silver Spoons when it initially aired.

Totally different from "crying 'pedo'".

by Anonymousreply 99December 6, 2015 8:24 PM

Ricky is very conservative and religious. He just played Dolly Parton's father in Coat of Many Colours which had plenty of references to faith.

by Anonymousreply 100December 15, 2015 1:36 PM

Linwood Boomer, who created [italic]Malcolm in the Middle[/italic], also wrote for this show.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2016 5:11 PM

Like The Greatest American Hero, Perfect Strangers, Angie and The Golden Girls, Silver Spoons' theme song was good enough be an 80s radio hit single.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 17, 2016 1:46 AM

[quote]The Golden Girls..........theme song was good enough be an 80s radio hit single.

You know that it was right (prior to being the GG Theme)?

by Anonymousreply 103April 17, 2016 1:51 AM

They tried to make the Family Ties show theme a hit but it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 104April 17, 2016 4:59 AM

Well, OUR theme song could have been a Broadway musical number!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 17, 2016 10:47 PM

According to Sitcoms Online, LOGO just brought it back in reruns along with [italic]Gilligan's Island[/italic] of all things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 4, 2016 12:55 PM

Queer we are,

Face to ass

Disgusted by tits and poons,

Hoping to find

Dick in my behind,

Then have a blow,

Making dick grow

Together

We’re gonna find we’re gay

Together

Taking a cock each day

To learn that we’re really

Gay and not just bi,

But better use some condoms

So we don’t die - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e - e!

by Anonymousreply 107November 22, 2016 12:55 AM

The woman had some big ones.

by Anonymousreply 108January 27, 2017 9:20 AM

Hold me Derek, I'm scared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 24, 2018 1:53 AM

Mm Jason Bateman -

I always felt bad that rick Schroeder had such bad acne. Too bad his parents didn't get him on accutane. I think his acne was why he disappeared for about 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 110January 24, 2018 2:13 AM

I always love Ricky's chest. He had nice tits

by Anonymousreply 111January 24, 2018 9:05 AM

The only episode I remember was where they went hunting and Ricky cried over shooting the deer.

by Anonymousreply 112January 24, 2018 11:54 AM

I loathed that show. Utter crap.

by Anonymousreply 113January 24, 2018 12:05 PM

r66, I am the same age too and I still have a major thing for cute blonde boys.

by Anonymousreply 114January 24, 2018 1:32 PM

I am amazed Michael Jackson never got a hold of him. I suppose he was luckily too old by the time MJ was fooling the world as fucked or tried to fuck every cute young boy in show business.

by Anonymousreply 115January 24, 2018 1:38 PM

As a kid, the “dine and dash” episode really freaked me out. I was so scared for Ricky, on the edge of my seat.

I’m way too much of a wuss to DnD.

by Anonymousreply 116January 24, 2018 1:48 PM

Well, he certainly developed a very fine ass................ :13

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 24, 2018 1:50 PM

R115: If MJ had his eye on any blond child actor it was probably Chad Allen, since he was on [italic]Webster[/italic] until they cancelled this show and [italic]Punky Brewster[/italic] for his show [italic]Our House[/italic] (and also because the Disney Sunday night show came back under new management and NBC could live with losing the adults to [italic]60 Minutes[/italic] that was going to split the kid audience in half) which in turn got cancelled when Disney moved back to NBC.

Ironically, it was this show and [italic]Diff'rent Strokes[/italic] that got Disney cancelled; NBC put them up against Disney when it was on CBS on Saturdays at 8 PM. Ironically, Ricky had been in a Disney movie called [italic]The Last Flight of Noah's Ark[/italic] with Elliott Gould, and also in this special that revealed both that Dana Plato could sing and that he couldn't:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 24, 2018 1:58 PM

I always hated that friend of Ricky that was supposed to be cool, he had a southern twang to his voice. And the Freddy the nerd was a complete waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 119January 24, 2018 2:17 PM

[quote] I always hated that friend of Ricky that was supposed to be cool, he had a southern twang to his voice.

You mean J.T.? He was the one who actually was fooled by Ricky in drag in that one particular episode.

by Anonymousreply 120January 24, 2018 2:18 PM

I hated the show and I despise Ricky Schroeder. This thread is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 121January 24, 2018 2:22 PM

[quote] This thread is creepy.

THIS thread is creepy? [bold]THIS[/bold] thread is creepy? At least there's only one thread about it, unlike a certain movie out now distributed by the company that is successor-in-interest once removed to the company that produced this show. Said movie happens to be set when this show was on the air.

Anybody who finds Ricky hot before his voiced changed is a pedo. After this show went off the air, go for it.

by Anonymousreply 122January 24, 2018 2:28 PM

I used to party hard with Ricky Schroeder. We snorted lots of coke together many many years ago. Never hooked up. We were more like brother and sister who liked the same drugs. That’s all I’ve got.

I’ve never watched Silver Spoons and I haven’t seen Ricky in decades. He was a really nice person to me, and he was pretty addicted and very lonely.

I’m doing really well and turned everything thing around, and hopefully he has too.

by Anonymousreply 123January 24, 2018 4:04 PM

I love it when my old threads get bumped!

by Anonymousreply 124January 24, 2018 4:06 PM

Ricky got divorced last year! After 24 years of marriage and 4 kids, maybe he's had all the pussy possible and is ready for dick.

by Anonymousreply 125January 24, 2018 7:02 PM

No str8 man could cry like that. I never saw my father cry like that.

by Anonymousreply 126January 24, 2018 7:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 27, 2018 10:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 27, 2018 10:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 27, 2018 10:36 AM

Meanwhile, an actually gay black man was a co-star on the show. And he knew John Houseman from his days at Julliard, so that obviously helped him get cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 28, 2018 11:40 PM

When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought of my childhood best friend's dad, who looked like Joel Higgins, and who made me realize I was into guys. Then as I read through the thread, I see I already posted the story back at R27.

So much mastabatory fuel from that five minute experience...

by Anonymousreply 131January 29, 2018 7:27 AM

You want to talk about gay male jealousy of heterosexual women, Erin Gray would be on the Top 10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 31, 2018 9:43 PM

Franklyn Seales is gay R130? I have to say I honestly didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 133January 31, 2018 10:23 PM

Was gay. He died of AIDS in 1990.

by Anonymousreply 134January 31, 2018 11:12 PM

He was also in [italic]The Onion Fields[/italic] with James Woods.

by Anonymousreply 135February 6, 2018 8:40 PM

r133

I'm sorry you lost your eyesight, but it's nice you found a way to participate in this forum despite that disability.

by Anonymousreply 136February 6, 2018 8:48 PM

I remember watching as a kid when my religious, immigrant father passed by and started yelling about these young people kissing and going on dates and how immoral the show was. I knew then that our relationship was going to be hard.

On the other hand, he also hated Bill Cosby and made me turn off the tv when The Cosby Show was on. So maybe he could read some people.

by Anonymousreply 137February 6, 2018 8:58 PM

I loved all the tween starlets that played Ricky's girlfriends like Christina Applegate, Tracy Wells, Robyn Lively, Sydney Penny, Amanda Peterson, Allison Smith, Shawnee Smith, Elizabeth Berkley, Erika Eleniak, and Martika as Kiki

by Anonymousreply 138February 6, 2018 9:02 PM

I was too young for that r138 but I did play a girl who sexually harassed Wesley on Mr. Belvedere.

by Anonymousreply 139February 6, 2018 9:50 PM

r139

Yeah right, like he's sexually harass a WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 140February 6, 2018 10:24 PM

No she harassed him r140, it was actually a good one.

by Anonymousreply 141February 6, 2018 10:27 PM

Wesley was too busy getting his ass pumped by the camp counselor.

by Anonymousreply 142February 6, 2018 10:28 PM

Rob Stone was on this show, too, on the episode that had Matthew Perry (whom even then and on [italic]Empty Nest[/italic] was a repellent toad) and Elizabeth Berkeley in it.

by Anonymousreply 143February 6, 2018 10:29 PM

R142 i would of like to pump wesley when i was his age. As mr Belvedere was watching from the window

by Anonymousreply 144February 7, 2018 12:48 AM

I thought Ricky topped Gary Coleman in the trailer when he guest star on one episode

by Anonymousreply 145February 7, 2018 12:50 AM

There's already a [italic]Mr. Belvedere[/italic] thread here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 7, 2018 12:58 AM

The jokes write themselves with this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 8, 2018 2:15 PM

Ricky couldn't play the bassoon because it reminded him too much of cock.

by Anonymousreply 148February 12, 2018 12:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 15, 2018 10:30 PM

R149 Robin looks like Cameron Bancroft, best known as Donna 's boyfriend Joe during season 6 of Beverly Hills 90210, in drag.

Google him!

by Anonymousreply 150February 15, 2018 10:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 16, 2018 3:23 PM

No

by Anonymousreply 152June 26, 2018 8:33 PM

Such a great show.

by Anonymousreply 153January 6, 2019 10:56 PM

Ricky just shot a deer!😣

by Anonymousreply 154January 19, 2019 8:32 PM

Same age the RICKSTER but had the hots sooo bad for the dad - his butt in those chinos on that train. Cemented my love of rich older daddies that stays to this day!

by Anonymousreply 155January 19, 2019 9:21 PM

What happened to Lenny Lightfoot?

by Anonymousreply 156June 9, 2019 8:52 PM

COULD YOU NOT DO A SEARCH FIRST FOR THE PREVIOUS THREAD? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

by Anonymousreply 157June 9, 2019 10:18 PM

I never got love in my childhood.

by Anonymousreply 158June 9, 2019 10:58 PM

[quote]What happened to Lenny Lightfoot?

[italic]She’s the Sheriff[/italic] happened, that’s what.

by Anonymousreply 159June 10, 2019 12:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!