Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin Bacon returning in Tremors TV series 25 years after first film

Kevin Bacon has signed on to star and exec produce a television series adaptation of “Tremors,” Variety has learned.

Based on the 1990 film, Bacon will reprise his role of Valentine McKee, 25 years later. He will also serve as an exec producer.

No network is yet attached to the “Tremors” remake, which hails from the NBCUniversal-based Universal Cable Productions and Blumhouse Productions, though insiders say multiple venues are hot on the project. Andrew Miller will pen the script.

The original film grossed $16.6 million domestically and follows the residents in the town of Perfection, Nevada, as they deal with mysterious underground monsters who wreak havoc. Four straight-to-video sequels and an earlier TV series, “Tremors: The Series,” followed, though Bacon only appeared in the original. Entertainment Weekly first reported on the upcoming UCP reboot.

Bacon recently finished his tenure on Fox’s “The Following.” He also appeared in Johnny Depp starrer “Black Mass,” which is generating much Oscar buzz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2018 3:37 PM

Do you think there will be any gratuitous male nudity?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2015 9:21 PM

He needs the money. He was a Bernie Madoff victim.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2015 9:25 PM

What happened to that serial killer show he is/was on?

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2015 9:25 PM

Is his sidekick earl going to be on it? Love me some Fred ward.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2015 9:48 PM

Next up for Bacon is Left Behind 13: The Pitchfork of the Beast.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2015 10:05 PM

Will Michael Gross be in it, too?

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2015 10:26 PM

Here's hoping they can get Ward to guest star on occasion. Their interaction was easily the best thing in the film, and Ward was, as usual, effortlessly sexy and masculine.

But what's the format going to be like? I imagine they'll want to steer clear of the first series, but does that leave many storyline options?

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2015 11:35 PM

Is there a role for Reba?

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2015 12:17 AM

I want that Jurassic Park girl to be there, too.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2015 12:21 AM

I am looking to return to TV. I'd be happy to cast.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2015 12:22 AM

Has Hollywood completely run out of new ideas, Point Break, now Tremors, no need to see movies because you already know the plots.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2015 1:44 AM

He has reached the Nth degree of separation from his early career.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2015 1:53 AM

If they are smart they will populate the main cast with Walking Dead kill-offs & watch the ratings soar as fans get see their favorite actors come back & die a new kind of gruesome death. It will be AMC's fault for not doing a TWD spin off "Groundhog Day show" where the kill-offs come back in different settings with different relationships but as the same characters they played in the original series. F*ck you Fear The Walking Dead! I nominate Dale, Beth, T Dog & Merle to join Bacon, Ward, Gross & McEntire.

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2015 2:01 AM

Axed before it even aired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2018 11:15 AM

Both the pilot director Vincenzo Natali and the writer Andrew Miller seem baffled as to why this wasn't picked up. The test audience reportedly loved it.

Miller even tweeted a couple of stills from the pilot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2018 3:14 PM

The trailer has now been released as well.

Looks embarrassingly cheap to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2018 3:29 PM

Project is cancelled!

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2018 3:37 PM

Yes, we've known since r14.

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2018 3:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!