Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG ... Feminist blogger makes bread with yeast from her vagina

This post describes making food out of bodily secretions. Proceed with caution. You've been warned.

. . . . . There are thousands of recipes for sourdough bread out there. While they require microscopic fungus for leavening, none of them — surprisingly — mean that kind of yeast.

Stavri live-tweeted the experience and provided photographic evidence of her sourdough starter along the way. On her blog, she responds to horrified commenters that the process is no more disgusting than, say, making your own salami — or making regular sourdough, for that matter.

Stavri, who tweets under the handle “Another angry woman,” says in her blog post that she'll be periodically posting updates about the bread — at time of writing, the starter was still fermenting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2020 5:23 PM

Use it to make toast to go with your cum omelette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2015 9:48 AM

"she'll be periodically posting updates about the bread."

So every 28 days, right?

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2015 9:51 AM

Every now and then, a thread is posted that I click on, and regret it so much that I delete it from my laptop history. This is one such thread.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2015 9:59 AM

This is another woman calling this nutcase 100% insane. Doesn't she have anything better to do with her time, like if she's a true feminist tutoring underprivileged girls so that they do better in school?

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2015 9:59 AM

So is anyone else suggesting using spit as a substitute for water in their fav recipe?

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2015 10:02 AM

So these vagina mono logs are made from flower?

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2015 10:02 AM

Is this bread fresh? It tastes kinda fishy!

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2015 11:38 AM

Muriel, I don't say it often enough, but thank you for the thread blocker.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2015 11:47 AM

OMFG, that fucking disgusting picture in OP's link! *vomits*

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2015 11:51 AM

She's nuts. What is she trying to prove? We can all think if something disgusting to do and try to palm if off as some kind of statement.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2015 12:26 PM

I scream with sourdough power!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2015 12:35 PM

Uh...yeah...we decided to just go out for Thanksgiving this year, but thanks for the invite.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2015 12:42 PM

And you thought Jesus feed a lot of people!

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2015 12:46 PM

Probably a friend of Charlie Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2015 12:47 PM

You know that bread needs some [italic]cheese[/italic] on it...

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2015 12:48 PM

I'm anxious to try it with her "homemade organic tuna salad!"

"I can't believe I ate the HOLE thing!"

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2015 12:52 PM

Coming soon to a bakery near you: Snatch Snacks.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2015 12:59 PM

I shudder to think of the buffet she could produce were she to get pregnant and lactate.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2015 1:03 PM

She's not even original. Women have baked cockle bread (small portions of bread dough shaped by pressing it into their genitals) and put menstrual blood in men's food or drink as part of folk magic for generations. And some restaurants have made breast milk cheese and yogurts.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2015 1:06 PM

Why are all these women angry? I'm a woman and not angry at the world or men. Are they just attention whores?

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2015 4:14 PM

Yes, we know a woman's body is a utilitarian thing

next...

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2015 4:25 PM

That is some 70's feminist shit right there. Bloodroot. Kate Millett. Jennyists in Garp. Schmear Tactics.

Well i guess I just imagined a feminist underground film by Barbara Hammer called "schear tactics" because the only one I can find now is called dyketactics. But I'm pretty sure I had a film workshop with her and she showed a film about feminists in a sort of negative nightmare feminist version of the Vassar daisy chain...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2015 5:07 PM

Please stop ruining Thanksgiving!

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2015 5:20 PM

Candida isn't yeast. It's fungus. There's no such thing as a "yeast infection". It's a fungal infection.

I can't stomach the link... so if she already covers this, I apologize for the duplicate.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2015 5:21 PM

There's only one reasonable reaction...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2015 5:35 PM

This guy made beer from his beard!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2015 5:38 PM

Contrary to popular belief (even in the world of baking) the specific strain of yeast needed to actually make a sourdough starter does not live anywhere else except on grain. No other strains of yeasts can withstand such a high acidic environment that is produced by those that live on grain. So, no.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2015 5:55 PM

Easter ' s around the corner - I'll start working on my Hot Cross Buns.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2015 6:08 PM

I never thought I would get to say this, but THIS is why they hate us. Also like to add: Please don't let her be white! This has to be the whitest thing I have ever seen a desperate feminist fame whore do. She must idolize Lens Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2015 6:11 PM

I used to make cookies from my shit balls.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2015 6:19 PM

I can smell it from here...

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2015 6:21 PM

Did someone say desperate feminist fame whore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2015 6:24 PM

Now I'm hungry for a piece of Minny's Chocolate Pie! Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2015 6:59 PM

Oh, it's that girl? I've seen her on Twitter. She's charming.*

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2015 8:09 PM

She is hideous in every way possible, and she is bold enough to be begging for money. I imagine she will be single for quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2015 8:14 PM

the obligatory trans shout-out:

I’m also not doing it for any feminist protest type reasons, although I am very interested to note how many people are horrified at the very notion that something may have once been near a vagina–since time immemorial the “eww” response has caused a lot of trouble for those of us who have them (and a fair few women who don’t).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2015 8:30 PM

The Daily Mail has picked up the story. This guy wins comment of the day:

This really empowers women. Well, at least she's still in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2015 9:10 PM

R24 is correct. Candida produces a yeast like smell, but it isn't yeast. Bodily fluids should be kept to oneself and sex partners or nursing babies. She make feminists look bad.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2015 11:08 PM

[quote]This really empowers women. Well, at least she's still in the kitchen.

Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2015 11:12 PM

I eat out funky asses on a regular basis, which is why I probably don't ever have irritable bowel syndrome. Must be getting some balancing bacteria.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2015 11:34 PM

Someone didn't get enough love in her childhood.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2015 11:51 PM

I thought part of the original sourdough taste came from the dough being slapped against the swarthy baker's sweaty, heaving bare chest.

Is this woman slapping her beef curtains with dough? I refuse to click the link as this thread has more potential than her reality.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2015 11:55 PM

This is gotta be the new mooncup for DL Minge bread Beets puddingbread

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2015 12:00 AM

I look forward to her cheeseballs

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2015 12:56 AM

I was wondering how the fuck she extracted it. For those that don't want to click the link.... she scraped it off a dildo she had stuck in her vag. *vomits*

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2015 1:07 AM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2015 1:52 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2015 2:39 AM

If this doesn't get you off carbs nothing will

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2015 3:00 AM

So this person scraped her discharge into her mixing bowl? Maybe I missed something but that's just gross. I'd rather eat a giant cockroach or slimy embryo with Jeff Probst.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2015 4:22 AM

She actually working against the feminist cause with such a stupid stunt like that. She is certifiably crazy.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2015 6:34 AM

R40 Recently I learned that a treatment for some colon problems, Bacteria from healthy feces is placed a patient's digestive tract. So you might be on to something.

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2015 6:55 AM

I think I will make soup from my ball sweat so we can have something to go with the bread.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2015 3:13 PM

Percimon bread made with vage yeast anyone?

by Anonymousreply 53December 13, 2015 4:17 PM

I'm sure she is just saying that she did this to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2020 5:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!