Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carol Burnett SPOOFS Maude TV Show

Watch video and then discuss!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2020 5:15 AM

I don't think most of the spoof works. What does she mean "That son of mine that no one ever sees? You saw Phillip a lot. I don't recall Walter walking around in boxers all the time.

d

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2015 3:41 PM

It was kind of funny in a 'broad' sense.. I didn't really enjoy Maude much when it was on anyway. Maybe that's why I barely chuckled.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2015 3:48 PM

R1, Philip is hardly ever shown. And I thought it was funny having Walter in his boxers. He loved to be undressed.

Carol gets the look and sound down right. I've just been binge-watching Maude thanks to the DVDs being released from Shout Factory and this was a fun diversion. Loved the Weez as "New Jersey."

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2015 3:50 PM

R3 this is for you Archie Bunker and Maude argue politics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2015 3:53 PM

[quote]Loved the Weez as "New Jersey."

The Garden State!

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2015 5:42 PM

Phillip was in more episodes than Florida and almost as many as Mrs Naugatuck.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2015 8:02 PM

This spoof shows the difference between Carol Burnett and Beatrice Arthur. Sorry, Carol, but you don't measure up. I'm sure there are things that you can do that Bea could not but you cannot better her as Maude.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2015 5:29 AM

Carol wasn't trying to better Bea as Maude. She was only spoofing her for a one-time comic sketch.

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2015 5:34 AM

"Maude" was one of the greatest shows ever made!

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2015 5:37 AM

Carol and Bea are like comic apples and oranges.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2015 5:40 AM

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2015 11:35 PM

This actually still works to skewer modern SJWs too.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2020 4:12 AM

Better than I thought it would be after seeing so many bad sketches from this show. Yes Maude itself made fun of its heroine a bit. Which why it was and is so popular with older viewers.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2020 4:26 AM

Now that I live here, in which neighborhood in Queens did Maude reside?

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2020 5:04 AM

R14 She lived in Westchester. Tuckahoe.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2020 5:06 AM

R15 I thought she was neighbors with Edith and Archie? Or was Westchester the white version of moving on up like what the Jefferson’s did into Manhattan?

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2020 5:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!