Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Longmire -- yea or nay?

Detective drama set in contemporary Wyoming. Is it any good? What say the gays?

Am considering watching it on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 4:16 PM

Good, solid show. Try it. Robert Taylor is a great no-frills actor, very old-school in his simplicity. I wouldn't mind waking up in his cabin.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2015 6:06 AM

The novels are good too.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2015 4:22 AM

A big sky thumbs up for Longmire, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2015 5:10 AM

Bailey Chase is my husband-to-be.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2015 6:09 AM

Everything without gay characters is categorically no.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2015 7:25 AM

R5 = bigot

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2015 7:32 AM

[quote]Robert Taylor is a great no-frills actor

He's still alive? I think he owes me alimony.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2015 5:33 PM

Is it anything like "Justified?"

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2015 5:33 PM

Lou Diamond Phillips can invite me into his tee pee anytime.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2015 5:43 PM

OP here four months later. After delaying forever, I've watched two eps so far. Does it get better? It seems very teevee to me. I'm spoiled with some of the better cable dramas and don't think I can go back.

I mean my question honestly though -- does it get better? Maybe the show just started slow?

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2016 2:05 AM

R5, Wyoming has no homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2016 2:15 AM

Why does the Lou Diamond Phillips character never use contractions? He always says stuff like "I do not know" and "I would like to" -- are contractions against some Indian law?

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2016 2:33 AM

Ok I watched a few more eps and it's growing on me. All the deaths remind me of Wire in the Blood though, the British crime drama set in Yorkshire. While watching that I began to wonder if there'd be anyone left alive in all of Bradfield after a few series, and now I'm wondering the same thing about Wyoming.

by Anonymousreply 13March 8, 2016 4:17 AM

I finished the last available episode on Netflix over the Memorial Day Weekend.

I love this show and I hate this show.

It's bizarrely schizophrenic -- on the one hand, it has a loose-limbed unselfconsciousness about it, often leaves loose ends untied (not right away anyway) and is acpable of giving us very realistic portrayals of relationships, the sort of thing you'd expect to see on a truly great show like The Wire or The Sopranos.

But at the same time the stories are so wildly implausible that I can't believe they're part of the show I just described. In terms of the background story arc, this show went off the rails almost immediately, and stayed there.

I had a hope that, when I worked my way up to the post-A&E seasons, the show would restrain the storytelling a bit more, but nope. As soon as the big multi-season story arc was concluded, they concocted another far fetched tale. The bare bones of Season 4's arc are not farfetched at all -- the way unscrupulous companies use the jurisdictional quirks of the Indian reservations to victimize native women -- but the storytelling itself is so OTT it left me with mouth agape. And that cliffhanger at the end of Season 4, my God!

So I can't wait to see Season 5 ... and I am DREADING Season 5.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2016 8:02 PM

A friend of mine from college named Cassidy Freeman is on this show (I think she plays Longmire's daughter). I've never seen it, but might consider picking it up after what I've read here.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2016 8:11 PM

She plays the sheriff's daughter. She's good R15.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2016 8:20 PM

Longmire was very good this season. Last year, lost interest and didn't make it through the whole season. If you have netflix, you should give it a try.

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2016 10:11 PM

Finally started binge-watching this on the advice of a friend -- I'm in the middle of season 5, so winding down to the end. I preferred "Justified," but this show is pretty good too. Beautiful cinematography and scenery. I gather that New Mexico is standing in for Wyoming.

And it has improved since it moved from A&E to Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2018 4:12 PM

I started watching it. The show has several really tasty dudes guest-starring in it. Whoever the casting agent is must have a good eye for pretty men or be one of us. I stopped watching after the first series but I will def go back and continue shortly.

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2018 4:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!