Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Burt Reynolds' memoir

Real gossip:

he didn't fuck Garbo

Gore Vidal was rude to him

When Joan Crawford died, Bette Davis said to him: Well, the cunt died today. (probably should have led with that.)

It looks like a good, gossipy memoir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276November 29, 2020 3:25 AM

All we care about was if he was bottoming for George Maharis or was he the top? Oh and was he spit roast by Rock Hudson and Jim Nabors?

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2015 11:42 PM

[quote]"I don't regret turning down anything that Bruce Willis took"

Oh, snap!

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2015 11:56 PM

Loved those stories! Thanks for the link. Have to read the book now.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2015 12:13 AM

He was on Colbert the other night. It was odd. Julianne Moore was the first guest but they didn't even interact or mention that Boogie Niights. Is there bad blood between him and Julianne? Is it because she plays too many housewives?

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2015 12:19 AM

He looked pretty bad on Colbert. Had him seated already - did not show him walking out. It was an entertaining interview though. But sad at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2015 12:31 AM

Burt Reynolds was never offered the part of James Bond. He was never even considered for the part.

According to Bond screenwriter Tom Mankiewicz, during the period between Connery's last film and Moore's first film, four-time Bond director Guy Hamilton let it be known in the press he thought Reynolds would make a good Bond.

When this got back to Reynolds he got in touch with the producers Cubby Broccoli and Harry Saltzman and pestered/bullied them into giving him a screen test. He told them even if they didn't think he was right for the part they owed it to him to test him based on his success and reputation.

Just to get Reynolds off their backs they gave him a screen test then politely told him don't call us we'll call you.

Tom Mankiewicz said Cubby Broccoli later remarked "no one under 6 feet will ever be considered for the role of James Bond"

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2015 1:44 AM

Does he discuss his man love?

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2015 5:32 AM

He had a torrid love affair with Khalid Sheik Muhammud in the 90s

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2015 5:51 AM

So, no info on man love?

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2015 6:08 AM

He "discovered" Robert Urich you know.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2015 7:30 AM

God that article of Reynold's tidbits was a dull read.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2015 7:56 AM

Robert Wagner tells that same Error Flynn blow job story in his book. Burt posed for Cosmo, not Playboy.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2015 8:15 AM

He walked out on Kelly and Michael, but very gingerly.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2015 8:17 AM

R12, wait what? what story? Also, r8 where did you get that info?

I read an article in Closer magazine ,which they interviewed Burt on his book. There is no chance in hell he is ever going to claim he is bisexual. I don't know what planet DL is on. He said the love of his life was Dina Shore and Sally Field.

He "discovered" Robert Urich you know.

R10 when Robert Urich was young he was beautiful and a major stud, WOW! Not that he looked like Tyrone Power, and Tyrone Power was the pinnacle of Adonis male beauty, but Robert Urich was a little of the Tyrone Power league in looks. When I was a kid, my mother and my aunt used to be glued to the TV when ever they saw Robert Urich, Me included.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2015 8:40 AM

I've always thought he was bi with a taste for younger butch men and older feminine women. I think he truly loved Dinah Shore and Sally Field but neither would settle for an "arrangement" that would cater to all his other desires. Loni Anderson was in effect a beard who was perfect for his image at that point of his career but he didn't even like her, at all. His long term mentor and partner was his frequent director, originally a stuntman, Hal Needham ("Needham at one time lived in Burt Reynolds' guesthouse for the better part of 12 years." -- Wikipedia). Court Jester was Dom DeLouise. The stories he could have told.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2015 8:43 AM

When was Greta Garbo ever noted for her breasts? To me, she always appeared rather flat chested.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2015 10:47 PM

R15, And where does Charles Nelson Reilly fit into the equation?

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2015 10:58 PM

Back in the day Burt had such a hot hairy body. Does he mention his fling with Lorna Luft ? Liza said in a Liza and Lorna 12 part??!! interview that she had an affair with Burt while she was married to the Tin Man's son.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2015 11:03 PM

It did come up R18. When Burt was asked about having an affair with Lorna Luft, he responded with:

'I'm sorry, who?'

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2015 11:10 PM

He enjoys nearly a dozen glycerin suppositories a day.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2015 11:27 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2015 11:28 PM

'I don't know what planet DL is on. '

Datalounge is its own planet. Its own universe, actually.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2015 11:28 PM

For some reason I get a kick out of imagining him letting out that little laugh of his while bottoming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2015 11:32 PM

Wasn't Dinah Shore gay?

If you really want a superb and no holds barred dish on Hollywood, Frank Langella, actor and author is your man. Langella lifts the curtain on his personal escapades with major Hollywood stars. His chapter on Rita Hayworth is worth the price of the book for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2015 11:54 PM

Here's just a tiny part from a book review on Frank Langella 's "Dropped Names: Famous Men & Women as I Knew Them.

Oscar-nominated actor Frank Langella published his most entertaining biography titled, Dropped Names: Famous Men & Women as I Knew Them, in 2013. It is a scathing one that pulls few, if any, punches. Here are a few snippets from it, some of his observations down the decades, along with the occasional added comment that might be of interest.

Bancroft, Anne:        Langella reckoned she was ‘so vain she fell in love with her own reflection.’ He clearly had little respect for her, although they had been friends for nearly two decades. ‘An elegant stage name’, he said, ‘About as suited to her as ‘Cuddles’ would have been to Adolf Hitler.’ Anne was married to comedian Mel Brooks for over 40 years until her death in 2005 from uterine cancer.

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2015 12:09 AM

While filming Deliverance, Burt and Ned Beatty spent a lot of time in Burt's trailer practicing Ned's squeal

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2015 12:20 AM

[Quote]Wasn't Dinah Shore gay?

Dinah Shore was an octoroon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2015 12:20 AM

[quote]Wasn't Dinah Shore gay?

She had a professional women's golf tournament in Palm Springs.

That is about as gay as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2015 12:28 AM

He was the perfect talk show guest back in his prime.

Handsome, quick as a whip, self-deprecating, full of charisma, etc..

I saw him on Kelly & Michael this week and was gobsmacked.

He's very thin, very pale and very frail.

His posture walking to the chair was bent and unsteady. He needs a cane ASAP.

Once in the chair he was still funny but with a definite sadness about him.

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2015 12:31 AM

When he walked out to do the Kelly & Michael show he looked rather halting in his walk, like that of a much older man. He looked portly is that the word? Heavy. Very heavy through the middle. Short. His star days seemed passed.

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2015 12:34 AM

R30

I wouldn't call him portly at all.

He was quite thin except for a belly paunch.

His extremities,face and neck were very thin.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2015 12:37 AM

[quote]His star days seemed passed.

He's 80! Duh.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2015 12:42 AM

Gasp! Octogenarian looks tired and unsteady on his feet!

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2015 12:48 AM

Langella presented himself as straight in his book. So it was hardly the juicy tell all.

His bitterness really shone through--and that does make for an unintentionally juicy read.

Since no mention was made about Reynold's sexuality, I guess his book is much more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2015 12:50 AM

Sorry. It should have read as: "Langella presented himself as straight in his book. So it was hardly the juicy tell all it could have been."

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2015 12:51 AM

R24, Langella's bitchy memoir was like RJ Wagner's in that, in between regaling us with stories of their many dalliances with actresses past their prime, they titillate with possible homosexual encounters, but cut short of revealing too much. What's the point? Will Reynolds' book be the same?

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2015 12:51 AM

And, R22, DL has its own creative reality.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2015 12:52 AM

What does Langella say about Whoopi in his book ?

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2015 1:18 AM

Come on. Those of you going off on his looks - he is nearly 80. Of course he might look frail.

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2015 1:40 AM

"What does Langella say about Whoopi in his book ?"

Nothing. Nothing whatsoever. He's quite nasty about just about everybody he mentions in his memoir but he has nothing to say about Whoopi Goldberg. I guess he doesn't want to talk about his former "girlfriend."

As for Reynolds...well, his gossip is pretty tame. I find it hard to believe that Garbo would be attracted to him. Maybe her attraction to him was all in his head.

I saw a picture of Garbo topless. Her tits weren't big, but they were quite nice.

by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2015 1:51 AM

[quote]His star days seemed passed.

The cowardly gimmick of Langella's book is that he only gossips about dead people.

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2015 2:02 AM

DL has already uncovered the fact that there are plenty of lies in this book: a) the James Bond story b) The EF story already told by RJ c) the Garbo story since she was a well-known lesbian (and he didn't recognize Garbo at a party? Please, Mary!)

More than likely the rest of the book is full of falsehoods. Too bad, Burt. You should have written about all the man sex. That would have sold more books and probably filled three volumes.

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2015 2:14 AM

Did he happen to include THESE pics in the book?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2015 2:25 AM

"The cowardly gimmick of Langella's book is that he only gossips about dead people."

Just like Scotty Bowers did in his execrable "Full Service" book, in which he regaled himself as pimp to all the gay Hollywood stars.

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2015 2:43 AM

"Garbo story since she was a well-known lesbian (and he didn't recognize Garbo at a party? Please, Mary!"

Greta Garbo had very few affairs with either sex. If she had to be classified, she would have been bi. She wasn't exclusively lesbian.

I've noticed celebrities LOVE to claim that Garbo complimented them or made a pass at them. Jane Fonda said that Garbo asked her if she wanted to go swimming with her. She of course said yes, and Garbo arrived, dropped her robe, and stood naked (Jane wore a bathing suit). They had their swim, and Garbo supposedly asked Jane if she wanted to be an actress. She said no, and Garbo supposedly said "you're pretty enough." Of course Jane was thrilled. Did this really happen? Who knows? Jane Fonda is pretty fucked up, so it be mostly her imagination.

Louis Brooks said Garbo "made a pass" at her at a dinner party and they had a one night stand. I really don't believe that. It would have been very out of character for Garbo to make a pass. She wouldn't need to. Everybody she met, male and female, wanted to have sex with her. Garbo didn't have to do a thing. If anybody made a pass, it was probably Brooks. Anyway, Brooks was quite a bullshitter and was drunk a lot of the time. She probably went to bed with a woman who looked like Garbo and convinced herself it was Garbo.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2015 2:59 AM

R27

You have a problem with that .... ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2015 3:00 AM

R45

Come on! Even the most gorgeous seductive people make passes.

It's human nature.

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2015 3:06 AM

"Come on! Even the most gorgeous seductive people make passes."

Garbo never had to. EVERYBODY wanted to lay her. No wonder she found sex boring. It must be tiresome to have people constantly wanting to jump your bones. I'm reminded of Lilli Von Shtupp In "Blazing Saddles" singing "I'm tired." I imagine Garbo felt the same way:

I'm tired

Sick and tired of love

I've had my fill of love

From below and above

Tired, tired of being admired

Tired of love uninspired

Let's face it

I'm tired

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2015 3:21 AM

All this Garbo talk is reminding me of the emperor's new clothes.

THAT thing was the irresistible piece of ass for everyone across generations, genders, and sexualities?

Wow! What awful taste...

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2015 3:24 AM

There was an interview with Barbara Walters where Burt said the male actors of the day were so good looking it made him think he could be bisexual. And Barbara glossed right over it, quickly changing the subject like she was protecting him.

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2015 3:31 AM

Greta Garbo? FRANK LANGELLA?!?! What the fuck is going on in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2015 3:37 AM

Zsa Zsa wrote in her book that Garbo made a pass at her and that they kissed.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2015 3:49 AM

Burt had a fling with Lucie Arnaz, but Lucy told him to get lost.

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2015 3:50 AM

Cannonball Run Bloopers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2015 3:50 AM

He was prettier than either Sally Field or Loni Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2015 3:57 AM

"Zsa Zsa wrote in her book that Garbo made a pass at her and that they kissed."

Yeah, right! I seriously doubt that.

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2015 4:10 AM

The Bette Davis line/exchange was this (you can't lose the punchline):

Burt talking to someone as Bette pops in. Bette: Well, the cunt died today. Burt: Er, Bette, this is a reporter from the LA Times. Bette (not missing a beat): But she was always on time.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2015 4:14 AM

Why is this unhinged Garbo Troll so obsessed with whether or not Garbo made passes at people or not? Who cares? Let's talk about how many cocks Burt's encountered.

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2015 4:15 AM

[quote] Garbo never had to. EVERYBODY wanted to lay her.

Not me!

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2015 4:19 AM

Cecil Beaton was as flaming as they come and he proposed marriage to Garbo.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2015 4:27 AM

Maybe Garbo had a feminine penis

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2015 4:31 AM

Oh, that sad queen Cecil Beaton would fuck anyone who was famous. I'm sure he tried to fuck Lassie.

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2015 4:32 AM

At least he looks better than Ethel Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2015 4:35 AM

You don't find these genes pleasing ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2015 4:40 AM

To give more detail, Cecil Beaton was as flaming as they come, had a long term affair with Garbo, proposed marriage, and was devastated when she turned him down. See Hugo Vickers' bio of Beaton.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2015 4:54 AM

Hi fellas, just passing through!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2015 5:01 AM

Oh FFS Cecil Beaton NEVER touched Garbo never mind fucked her.

And BTW this thread is about Burt Reynolds and the man sex. Begone Garbo Troll.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2015 5:08 AM

"Why is this unhinged Garbo Troll so obsessed with whether or not Garbo made passes at people or not? Who cares? Let's talk about how many cocks Burt's encountered."

Garbo is being discussed because Burt Reynolds told a tale (probably untrue) about her in his rather lame memoir , you dumb cluck.

As for the "cocks Burt's encountered"...well, all anybody can do is speculate. But why bother? Burt Reynolds has never been a particularly interesting person. It was a fluke that he was a big box office draw for such a long time. He never was that talented, although he has given some good performances. As an actor, he's a lightweight.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2015 5:19 AM

"And BTW this thread is about Burt Reynolds and the man sex. Begone Garbo Troll."

What "man sex", you simpleton? Oh I know...you knew somebody who knew somebody who supposedly fucked him. Same old shit.

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2015 5:21 AM

I really like Burt's TV show.

I think it was called Evening Shade,

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2015 5:23 AM

Burt as James Bond would've been unwatchable. What a mess that would've been.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2015 6:25 AM

R68 = Gore Vidal. I'm glad though that BR turned down 'Cuckoo's Nest.' That's a mercy akin to Reagan not doing 'Casablanca.'

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2015 7:53 AM

When I first saw this on TV as a 7yo for the following week I couldn't stop thinking about being in the shower with Burt AND Mel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2015 3:10 PM

I remember Burr on the Golden Girls. Such amazing cheekbones and yup...sure enough he and rue both Native American

He reminds me of Norm McDonald

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2015 7:37 PM

Remember his TMJ being mistaken for AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2015 7:38 PM

Burt Reynolds was before my time, but it's weird to me that he was this big sex symbol way back when. He looked creepy and sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2015 7:52 PM

He has also had a lot of plastic surgery. Probably at least two facelifts, he wore/wears a rug too. He has looked like shit for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2015 7:53 PM

[quote]Burt as James Bond would've been unwatchable. What a mess that would've been.

Why? Do you think Connery and Roger Moore were the serious Bond of today? They both had their tongues firmly in their cheeks and Reynolds could stand next to both of them. He's frail today because of all the football as a kid and stunts he did as an actor so he could handle those too.

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2015 8:24 PM

r69 and yet here you are frau telling gay men what we should discuss on our website. You're an interloper. Have the good sense to bugger off..

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2015 11:42 PM

"yet here you are frau telling gay men what we should discuss on our website. You're an interloper. Have the good sense to bugger off."

Stick your "frau" up your ass, you silly cunt. Nobody on this thread has told anybody "what we should discuss on our website." You're very stupid. Do fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2015 11:51 PM

Quit stinking up the thread, r80, you juvenile asshole.

by Anonymousreply 81November 22, 2015 12:34 AM

R76

There was nothing sleazy about Burt in his prime..

He was brimming with charm and charisma.

One of the best talk show guests of all time.

by Anonymousreply 82November 22, 2015 12:36 AM

Would Burt have affected a British accent as James Bond? I can't see him pulling that off and I also can't imagine an American James Bond.

Otherwise, he would have looked spectacular in any shirtless scenes circa 1972.

by Anonymousreply 83November 22, 2015 12:42 AM

R76

Actually, at the time, he was THE sex symbol of his generation. And you're right, his "look" doesn't really translate well in today's tastes and he does seem kinda creepy and sleazy. BUT...in that mid-70s period his look and demeanor didn't read that way at all.

He seemed to be more of a lovable, roguish everyman, if that makes sense. He was charming, and always first in line to poke fun at his image (always a winning trait).

I was just a wee kid, and didn't like him, but I could see why all the adults did.

by Anonymousreply 84November 22, 2015 12:50 AM

[quote]He reminds me of Norm McDonald.

Is this because of Norm MacDonald's SNL impersonations of Mr. Burt Reynolds?

by Anonymousreply 85November 22, 2015 12:53 AM

It looks like he has a semi-boner in this Tonight Show clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 22, 2015 1:06 AM

[quote]And you're right, his "look" doesn't really translate well in today's tastes and he does seem kinda creepy and sleazy.

I don't know....the sleazy Burt Reynolds "clone" look can work on certain guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 22, 2015 1:06 AM

Watching that Tonight show clip at R86...despite the 70s fashion and hair trends, Burt Reynolds just OOOOOZEEES sex appeal, homoerotic charisma and natural star power. Just shows how INSIPID most of the current actors and celebrities making the talk show rounds are.

by Anonymousreply 88November 22, 2015 1:14 AM

Quit acting like a retard, R81, you dumbass twat.

by Anonymousreply 89November 22, 2015 1:16 AM

[quote]can't see him pulling that off and I also can't imagine an American James Bond.

The original James Bond, on the TV version of "Casino Royale," was played by Barry Nelson, an American actor.

by Anonymousreply 90November 22, 2015 1:17 AM

Was he a merciless top?

by Anonymousreply 91November 22, 2015 1:27 AM

thx for the link (r86) I had forgotten how self-assuredly SEXY he was.

by Anonymousreply 92November 22, 2015 1:32 AM

I think I am an odd duck as I see him as overrated as a sex symbol & underrated as an actor

by Anonymousreply 93November 22, 2015 1:35 AM

is that really his penis above? I didn't think he went full frontal in Cosmo.

by Anonymousreply 94November 22, 2015 1:50 AM

Does he mention the rumors that he liked to hit his first wife? She was on drugs but no excuse. I believe the rumors were he dumped Sally because she was beginning to get good offers and was about to outshine him. I think you're right, R94, he didn't do full frontal for the print issue. He was on the Tonight show a lot but I vaguely remember something about how he pissed Johnny off one night when he cut off Johnny's tie. Then he didn't make any more appearances with Johnny. Does anyone else remember this.

by Anonymousreply 95November 22, 2015 2:00 AM

Yes R94...it's authentic.

Cosmo shot full frontals but obviously they were not used in the magazine. The nudes were then sold to the German magazine "Stern" and they were published .

by Anonymousreply 96November 22, 2015 2:03 AM

I recall a funny SNL skit with carvey as Carson, Farley as Deluise & Hartman as Burt

by Anonymousreply 97November 22, 2015 2:04 AM

I remember taking a Journalism class in college. We were given wire copy stories from the AP and had to write them up for TV news. My story was about Burt being sued for support by an ex-girlfriend. (this was only like 10-11 years ago.)

The woman alleged verbal abuse and that Burt would purposely step on her toes. (I think that was the extent of the physical abuse)

I got a good grade and the teacher read my paper out loud because I emphasized the toe stepping. He thought that was just so funny an odd.

by Anonymousreply 98November 22, 2015 2:06 AM

Robert Urich did a very funny imitation of Reynolds on Saturday Night Live. The audience seemed amazed; he got down Reynold's high-pitched laugh perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 99November 22, 2015 2:17 AM

In that TV show, his character's name was "Wood."

Was Dom Deluise his Wally Cox?

He lost his real buzz after the Judy Carne thing.

by Anonymousreply 100November 22, 2015 2:18 AM

Nothing sleazy about this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2015 2:24 AM

[quote]Garbo never had to. EVERYBODY wanted to lay her

In the 30's and 40's, possibly. I highly doubt the reclusive, later years Garbo was considered such a hot piece of ass that all of young Hollywood in the 1960's just had to get. To put it nicely, the ethereal beauty of the 30's and 40's had long since peaked. Even some of her peers were remarking during this period about how dirty and unkempt she looked in photos.

I could totally picture the Miss Havisham-esque Garbo coming on to attractive younger actors.

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2015 2:25 AM

He spoke glowingly about Johnny Carson the other night on Colbert. No bad blood there.

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2015 3:25 AM

It sounds like it's not the exposé it might have been. I'd thought he might go all out seeing as it was meant to be the financial legacy he gave his son, so he'd be going all out for big sales.

Does he mention Dolly at all...? The Best Little Whorehouse sounded like a horror to work on - so many people were getting fired they had "honk if you've been fired from Whorehouse" bumper stickers in LA at the time.

I'd buy it if it did, but with the Holidays coming up I can't justify it otherwise. T.I.A.

by Anonymousreply 104November 22, 2015 4:08 AM

[quote]Reynolds recalls Mae West telling him that she and WC Fields did all their films together without speaking off-camera. "He was kind of an asshole," West told him.

They only made one movie together. I get the impression that Reynolds "recalls" a lot of other things wrong too.

by Anonymousreply 105November 22, 2015 4:56 AM

Burt and Johnny Carson had a great rapport. I remember Burt losing a bet, coming on the Tonight Show, and shaving off half of his moustache. Evening Shade was a great TV show.

by Anonymousreply 106November 22, 2015 5:41 AM

Burt was dating Inger Stevens at the time of her death. They made one of those ABC movies of the week together, Run Simon Run.

by Anonymousreply 107November 22, 2015 5:57 AM

He made an amazing performance in a TV movie as a man on the run who reinvents himself as a little league coach.

I think it was called Left Field

by Anonymousreply 108November 22, 2015 6:00 AM

R107, wasn't there something weird about here death like she might have been murdered? Right before her death Burt was at her house and they got into an argument. Police said they found a sandwich on the kitchen counter that Stevens made prior to her death, and the police said no way someone is going to make a sandwich and then decide to kill themselves. Burt was know for his horrible temper, most likely he won't mention this in his bomb autobiography. BTW, before his book came out Burt was saying he was going to drop bombs and his book was going to be a major eye opener. Man, he sure bamboozled everyone, what a let down.

by Anonymousreply 109November 22, 2015 11:21 AM

Ditto about Dolly, does he say anything about her and Whorehouse?

Also, I've always wondered about Burt, Gomer Pyle, and Dom Deluise. Most of Burt's gay friends were not so hot, couldn't he do better?

by Anonymousreply 110November 22, 2015 11:24 AM

Inger Stevens was a troubled soul. She'd had affairs with Bing Crosby and Anthony Quinn and neither ended well. Her death was ruled a suicide and I had always read that Burt made and paid for her funeral arrangements, but apparently her brother stepped forward, after her body lay in the county morgue for a week or two.

by Anonymousreply 111November 22, 2015 12:30 PM

You can add Bert Cony to Burt's list of gay friends.

by Anonymousreply 112November 22, 2015 12:31 PM

Where are all the countless gay men who were apprentices at The Burt Reynolds Dinner Theatre with all of their lurid stories?

by Anonymousreply 113November 22, 2015 1:09 PM

I think R101's pic is from Reynolds' ill-fated attempt at doing a musical (At Long Last Love, in which he co-starred with Cybil Shepard)

by Anonymousreply 114November 22, 2015 1:12 PM

In the movie Starting Over and the TV show Evening Shade Burt showed he was more than just Smokey and the Bandit

by Anonymousreply 115November 22, 2015 1:23 PM

Didn't he beat up his first wife, Judy Carne?

by Anonymousreply 116November 22, 2015 1:28 PM

Burt liked both, but as he got older he opened a theatre as he had a preference for sucking off young chorus boys.

by Anonymousreply 117November 22, 2015 1:47 PM

When he was married to Loni Anderson there was a young quarterback who was always around then - There was a rumor he was Burt's partner or boyfriend and Loni was the beard.

by Anonymousreply 118November 22, 2015 2:13 PM

Make that Bert Convy.

by Anonymousreply 119November 22, 2015 2:15 PM

TCM runs that little bit where Burt talks about being a young actor and having Spencer Tracy befriend him. It's a touching piece, but it always makes me wonder if maybe there wasn't a relationship there.

by Anonymousreply 120November 22, 2015 2:31 PM

Burt (and the world) maintains that the Cosmo spread, cool but poorly timed, cost him his Oscar nomination for "Deliverance."

I wonder why, short of needing a few bucks, that he is writing this book. Has everyone forgotten he already wrote it back in the 90s? With a lot of these same stories for sure. (It began and ended with his nasty divorce from Loni).

by Anonymousreply 121November 22, 2015 4:36 PM

matthew mcconaughey got an oscar and he was caught nude playing the bongos and smoking pot with another naked dude...and probably fucking him too...(Cole Hauser) ,,and he still got an Oscar...

by Anonymousreply 122November 22, 2015 5:19 PM

Different time, different world, R122

by Anonymousreply 123November 22, 2015 5:21 PM

I believe Inger Stevens had made a previous suicide attempt.

by Anonymousreply 124November 22, 2015 5:30 PM

It seemed like every 10 years or so, Burt would have that breakout film that seemed to promise more respectable offers than all of that hillbilly Smokey and the Bandit junk. First Deliverance, then Starting Over and finally Boogie Nights. But he never seemed able to capitalize on those successes.

by Anonymousreply 125November 22, 2015 6:07 PM

Burt was fine with the full frontal picture but Cosmo editor Helen Gurley Brown showed up at the photo shoot and nixed the picture. So the second photo with his hand covering his penis was the one used

by Anonymousreply 126November 22, 2015 6:29 PM

Burt, the dinner theatre years. Prescription drug addict, misogynist, tacky, sleazy and yet still charming, self deprecating and oddly sexy. Ruby Wax thought so. He reveals more in this old interview than it seems in his book. He calls Loni Anderson a blow-up doll and regrets not marrying Sally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 22, 2015 6:29 PM

Who can forget Burt in Lucky Lady?

by Anonymousreply 128November 22, 2015 6:30 PM

I would have thought that Burt wouldn't like Ruby's "uppity" attitude, but he seems to love it.

by Anonymousreply 129November 22, 2015 6:43 PM

Burt comes across great in that Ruby Wax special. Much better than expected. I can get his sex appeal better now. She's right, "that's a guy..."

by Anonymousreply 130November 22, 2015 6:55 PM

The rumors about Burt being gay go back to the 70s.

I know I was there.

Also at the time it was rumored he was with Jim Nabors.

I could swear this was in Parade. At least the 'is Jim Nabors gay?' thing was.

Spencer Tracy also took an interest in 'the boy next door' the very adorable Tom Drake.

I'd love to know all about Drake. He's also incredibly cute in Words and Music.

by Anonymousreply 131November 22, 2015 6:56 PM

Sally Field talked about how Burt talked her out of going to the Emmy Awards saying she wouldn't win. She won for Sybil. She thought he was jealous. She had at least wanted to sit and watch them on tv, but when it came time for the ceremony to start, Burt left the room and went to another part of the house.

by Anonymousreply 132November 22, 2015 6:56 PM

[R128] For you......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 22, 2015 6:59 PM

I went to see ALLL at the Music Hall twice.

While I didn't think it gave Swing Time any competition as a great movie musical he and Cybil lovingly filmed by Peter did look terrific.

And on that large screen the ending was great.

by Anonymousreply 134November 22, 2015 7:29 PM

Remember his bitter TV interview during his divorce from Loni Anderson with Chantal? He was wearing a bizarre purple suit and (if memory serves) was slurring his words!

by Anonymousreply 135November 22, 2015 8:12 PM

Bert Convy was married and had 3 children,not that means anything. He might have been bisexual? He died of a brain tumor,but I wonder if it was really AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 136November 22, 2015 9:42 PM

I thought it was the Oscar ceremony that Burt tried to talk Sally out of attending, when she won for Norma Rae.

Bert Convy was married more than once, but he always pinged mightily to me . . . and he came from Broadway.

I can recall the ballyhoo in the media when it was announced that Burt would direct and star in The End . . . a truly forgettable film.

Isn't Rent a Cop considered one of the worst movies of all time?

by Anonymousreply 137November 22, 2015 10:25 PM

R137: worse than cop and a half?

by Anonymousreply 138November 22, 2015 10:33 PM

Does he mention Pam Seals in the book? The woman he was allegedly cheating on Loni with.

From what has been written about him over the years, Loni took care of him during those years after he hurt his jaw and could barely work. Loni stood by him through the AIDS rumors and everything.

by Anonymousreply 139November 22, 2015 10:43 PM

r123 - not really the academy voters are still mostly the same people....they are like luggage they never seem to go away.

by Anonymousreply 140November 22, 2015 11:37 PM

And the award for most perplexing metaphor goes to R140.

by Anonymousreply 141November 22, 2015 11:39 PM

Everyone from Broadway is a fag!!!

by Anonymousreply 142November 22, 2015 11:58 PM

"I could totally picture the Miss Havisham-esque Garbo coming on to attractive younger actors."

According to Sam Green, who knew Garbo well in her later years, she was no sexual aggressor. This is from Barry Paris's very good biography of Garbo:

Sam Green found her physically demonstrative but not highly sexual. "Once when we were wandering around Paris and came upon a sex shop", he says, "she said she'd never been in one before and was curious. It was crowded with horny men, but she went in and took a good long look around." Outside she said "Ah, the sex thing. I'm glad that part of my life is over."

Green also said "everyone of both sexes found Garbo attractive." And this was when she was far from young. She was GARBO. That in itself was enough of a turn-on.

by Anonymousreply 143November 23, 2015 12:07 AM

"When he was married to Loni Anderson there was a young quarterback who was always around then - There was a rumor he was Burt's partner or boyfriend and Loni was the beard."

Which quarterback?

by Anonymousreply 144November 23, 2015 12:18 AM

Sonny Crockett

by Anonymousreply 145November 23, 2015 12:20 AM

I thought the quarterback was also the acting student Burt caught Loni fucking around with (per his first book). Different guys?

by Anonymousreply 146November 23, 2015 2:45 AM

Burt Reynolds = always full of shit

by Anonymousreply 147November 23, 2015 2:49 AM

"couldn't stop staring at her (Garbo's) beautiful breasts"

Garbo was flat. Try again Burt.

by Anonymousreply 148November 23, 2015 2:53 AM

Thanks R43, for the Stern magazine photo. R126, I also heard Burt was fine with the full-frontal. What if it was beyond the wildest response and his friends Mac Davis, Nick Nolte, Jerry Reed and Bert Convy had followed suit? Maybe John Davidson's centerfold would have been full-frontal, too. Cosmo and Playgirl could have different histories. Would other Hollywood men follow the full-frontal examples of Peter Lupus, Don Stroud, Christopher George and Jim Brown in Playgirl? Would there have been a celebrity penis competition? I can dream, can't I? See, R43, you made me horny. Who would you all have liked to see full-frontal from that era?

by Anonymousreply 149November 23, 2015 3:39 AM

Any rumors about Burt and Helen Lawson?

by Anonymousreply 150November 23, 2015 3:41 AM

Guys back then were so hairy and untoned.

by Anonymousreply 151November 23, 2015 3:41 AM

True R151. Hairy and untoned in tight clothes. But young and naturally toned in tight clothes was very sexy. Disco. I love the 70's. Not as many bubble butts (sadly) but not as many big tits stuck on thin male and female bodies, not so much sinew in the fit and not so much fat in the average person as now. The bodies were slender and youthful. I met Roddy McDowall and Anthony Perkins at a party in the late 1980's. I was 20 and they were 100. Roddy still looked good in tight pants. Flat stomach, small round butt.

by Anonymousreply 152November 23, 2015 3:58 AM

I'm sure the bodies haven't really changed much (though I too find myself wondering) but, damn, the way pants are cut these days... I mean, we make fun of them now but if you had a decent body, those tight pants showed it off very nicely. These days, forget bubble butts, who could tell what is under those droopy drawers that STILL haven't gone out of fashion.

The only decent butts I see these days fully dressed are at Best Buy because they have to wear khakis so at least there is some sense of shape. But that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 153November 23, 2015 4:42 AM

Robert Wagner tells that same Error Flynn blow job story in his book. Burt posed for Cosmo, not Playboy. r 12

What Error Flynn Blow Story? Anyone?

I just finished reading My Lunches With Orson Wells by Peter Biskind. Orson said he called Burt to ask him if he could help him out on some film projects. Orson said Burt had his assistant call him back saying, Mr. Reynold's is not interested. Orson said Burt is a complete jerk and he didn't have the decency to call Orson back himself and tell him he wasn't interested. When Orson died, Burt expressed what a wonderful person Orson was etc. yet he shoved Orson aside and he didn't really know him. I notice the description of Burt's memoirs indicate that he reveals the assholes. Isn't that calling the kettle black? How do you know those people he claim were assholes when he was a major one himself? What about his legendary nasty temper? What about the time he beat his wife Judy Carne's head against their fireplace?

by Anonymousreply 154November 23, 2015 11:19 AM

R153, where do you live? Tight skinny pants have been de rigeuer in most major cities for a while.

by Anonymousreply 155November 23, 2015 11:31 AM

Per R154 it seems 'Error' Flynn is now a DL meme, like Jackie On Assistance, straight me and pron.

by Anonymousreply 156November 23, 2015 11:49 AM

Well didn't Langella call plenty of people assholes?

And it seems his asshole behavior could fill a multi volume set.

Same with that egotistical nasty Italian La Lupone. And if she's a practicing catholic the nastiness squares itself.

by Anonymousreply 157November 23, 2015 11:57 AM

Is Bert going to talk about that scandal while making The Man who loved Cat Dancing in the 70s? It said Sarah Miles and her lover (she was still married to a director) had a spat, then she stayed the night in Reynold's room. The next day, they found her lover dead. It was a big deal then because he was a big star, there was suicide or murder and a secret tryst between the two stars. It dampered his relationship with Dinah. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 23, 2015 12:03 PM

[quote]Garbo was flat. Try again Burt.

When woman get older and their body matures, Just like guys at 45 might be the same weight but their body thickens and don't look like the slim eighteen year old. Goldie Hawn is an example. Couldn't get any flatter and she filled out without surgery as she aged. It's completely believable Garbo filled out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 23, 2015 12:07 PM

"Robert Wagner tells that same Error Flynn blow job story in his book. Burt posed for Cosmo, not Playboy. r 12

What Error Flynn Blow Story? Anyone?"

In his autobiography, Robert Wagner wrote of finding a script that he thought would be ideal for Errol Flynn and he went to the studio to hopefully pitch it to him. He was told at the gate that Flynn was in his dressing room bungalow. Wagner approached the bungalow and finding the door ajar, opened it and found Flynn sitting in a chair facing the door with a starlet on her knees sucking his cock. No words were spoken, Flynn just gave Wagner a dismissive look and RJ left.

by Anonymousreply 160November 23, 2015 12:42 PM

"Sonny Crockett"

Not to be confused with Sonny Drysdale.

by Anonymousreply 161November 23, 2015 12:44 PM

Wagner also wrote of watching Ray Danton in a three way with two females in his hotel room through a one-way-mirror during the filming of The Longest Day.

Danton was married to actress Julie Adams for nearly 30 years, but he was a notorious womanizer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 23, 2015 12:52 PM

What the hell kind of hotel was this?

Sounds like a whorehouse which then allows voyeurs to watch guests make love in other rooms.

Totally sleazy unless you know you're being watched and enjoy being an exhibitionist which then it is fine.

by Anonymousreply 163November 23, 2015 1:13 PM

Did RJ talk about the times he bottomed or sucked off a big time producer? He was quiet about his queerness wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 164November 23, 2015 1:19 PM

Yes, pants are tighter than ever now, e.g. skinny jeans, but they will never enhance one's bubble butt until the waist line returns back up to the waist where the lifting happens.

by Anonymousreply 165November 23, 2015 1:26 PM

"Goldie Hawn is an example. Couldn't get any flatter and she filled out without surgery as she aged"

LOL, R159. Gullible one, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 166November 23, 2015 2:40 PM

Skinny jeans etc. are only worn by hipsters, who are pretty much universally disparaged.

by Anonymousreply 167November 23, 2015 3:51 PM

And skinny butts are not exactly a turn on either, tight jeans or not. (To be honest, '80s jeans were cut even better, so much so that the back seam actually mirrored the crack on most guys. If that's back, I sure as hell am not seeing it where I am).

by Anonymousreply 168November 23, 2015 4:08 PM

Am I the only who has noticed how (badly) photo shopped the full frontal "nude" of Reynolds is? He has a very peculiar looking left leg.

by Anonymousreply 169November 23, 2015 5:33 PM

does he say anything about the biggest superstar of all time- Julie Andrews ?

by Anonymousreply 170November 23, 2015 7:41 PM

I heard it somewhere that Bert had a self-lubricating anus. Can anyone verify this?

by Anonymousreply 171November 23, 2015 9:59 PM

How come nobody's asking about his appearance on The Golden Girls? Did any of those actresses try to offer him some cootch?

by Anonymousreply 172November 23, 2015 10:08 PM

Bert? Bert Lahr?

by Anonymousreply 173November 23, 2015 10:11 PM

That golden girls cameo came at the height of his bad toupee era

by Anonymousreply 174November 23, 2015 10:32 PM

People should cut Reynolds some slack on his memory. The motherfucker's eighty years old. So he misremembers some elements of the past. We all do. As you babygays get older you'll see. Things you remember so distinctly will start to prove themselves to be off a little. Or a lot. Recollection drifts with the years.

by Anonymousreply 175November 24, 2015 1:08 AM

R175 is right. I have forgotten a lot of things. I forget about all the hot, sweaty homosex I had over the years, so I didn't include it in my book!

by Anonymousreply 176November 24, 2015 1:13 AM

[quote]Things you remember so distinctly will start to prove themselves to be off a little.

Like all those kaweens saying they saw John Travolta having homosex in the steam room at their local gym. Or they saw Mark Hamill having sex one night in the Ramble in Central Park.

by Anonymousreply 177November 24, 2015 1:52 AM

[quote]Tight skinny pants have been de rigeuer in most major cities for a while.

Jeans of yore:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178November 24, 2015 2:43 AM

Jeans currently:

'nuff sed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179November 24, 2015 2:44 AM

Did Burt ravage the Duke boys?

by Anonymousreply 180November 24, 2015 2:45 AM

Is anyone attracted to the ass in those jeans in R179? Seriously, I am curious.

Saw a kid in a grocery store today and, again, he had on khakis so that made it possible to see he had a smoking ass. But it was a big square block, perfect to me but I wonder if that is considered "fat" by some people these days. Would John Schneider in his "Dukes" days be considered fat now (I know Byron Cherry, his temp replacement, had to lose so much weight, he fainted at one point. So it was going on then too).

by Anonymousreply 181November 24, 2015 5:11 AM

What the hell kind of hotel was this?

Sounds like a whorehouse which then allows voyeurs to watch guests make love in other rooms.

Totally sleazy unless you know you're being watched and enjoy being an exhibitionist which then it is fine.

R162, it sounds like RJ was at Errol Flynn's home because Errol had two way mirror which he watched other actors have sex in various rooms in his home or at Hefner's Playboy mansion rather than a hotel.Maybe RJ didn't want the public to know he was at a sex party?

It amazes me that RJ reveals other people's sexual trysts yet he has a fit if someone claims he is bisexual. I read RJ's book, You Must Remember This: Life and Style in Hollywood's Golden Age. I highly recommend that book because he talks about how Hollywood used to be and how life back then in Hollywood was fun and simple. It truly is a great book. However, in the book he talked a little bit how he got into show business which he claims he got into show business by dating Harold Loyd's daughter and Harold Loyd played a role in getting his start. He doesn't mention how he really got into Hollywood which he was discovered by that complete sleazy ball agent Wilson. RJ dose mention that sleazy agent ,but he claims that agent discovered various OTHER actors many who RJ said were gay. That is convenient.

R175, that is not necessary true. My dad is 80 and he has a fantastic memory. He can remember details about things which happened 60 years ago. Also, his mother, my grandmother, was in her mid to late 80s and she remembered the tiniest detail of when she was a little girl. She remembered every word of an extremely long poem that she had to recite in grade school.

by Anonymousreply 182November 24, 2015 6:12 AM

But Burt has dementia, R182. Has done for some time. I know people who know him and it's quite advanced, though he has good days and bad days.

by Anonymousreply 183November 24, 2015 6:17 AM

I skipped 100 posts but I'm starting to get feel that there is some throwback coming onto Burt.

by Anonymousreply 184November 24, 2015 6:26 AM

R183, how can he write his autobiography?

by Anonymousreply 185November 24, 2015 6:30 AM

He forgot he already wrote it back in the '90s.

by Anonymousreply 186November 24, 2015 6:33 AM

The good days and a lot of help, R185. There's some selectivity in there too. Well honed from a lifetime of selective memory.

But genuinely, he's not been well for a long time. At least 8 or 9 years. Some days it's frustrating for him, some days he's well past that. Everything's an effort. Ageing is cruel.

by Anonymousreply 187November 24, 2015 6:40 AM

I don't buy Burt having dementia.

He has been lucid, quick-witted, funny on talk shows while promoting this book.

I'm sure he has health issues but not dementia.

by Anonymousreply 188November 24, 2015 9:51 AM

Where did it all go wrong with Burt and Loni?

by Anonymousreply 189November 24, 2015 10:38 AM

[quote]"no one under 6 feet will ever be considered for the role of James Bond"

I guess I lucked out.

by Anonymousreply 190November 24, 2015 10:50 AM

R152, your story, in full detail, belongs in at least two other currently trending threads.

Check out "The Herbery Ross Troll Part Six Degrees of Separation" and "Have You Ever Had Sex With A Minor Celebrity?"

by Anonymousreply 191November 24, 2015 10:54 AM

Today's super-tight skinny jeans don't hug the butt. They flatten and widen it, making men look like 70's Cher or Cheryl Tiegs

by Anonymousreply 192November 24, 2015 10:57 AM

Does Burt mention Kathleen Turner and Switching Channels? I remember the rumor being that Kathleen didn't want him for the film because she thought by that time he was a has-been.

by Anonymousreply 193November 24, 2015 10:58 AM

R188. You can buy it it not as you please. I did say he has better days and besides, he has handlers and possibly at this stage, better drugs to help him. But this doesn't change the fact he most definitely IS suffering from dementia. I know people who've worked with him and they had to completely reschedule and budget the production as they hadn't been aware upon offering the role, how extensive the problem was. He needed hand holding through every minute and some days he couldn't work at all. It was stressful, not least for him. When he was cogent, he was aware he was slipping, which must have been distressing. Cue cards, line by line shots, constant helpers, they threw everything at it to assist him because the movie wouldn't have got shot otherwise. Just telling it like it is. I've got nothing to gain from it, I like Burt. They did too.

by Anonymousreply 194November 24, 2015 11:26 AM

[quote]Would John Schneider in his "Dukes" days be considered fat now?

The ONLY thing FAT about John Schneider in DOH was that big fuckin' dick stuffed inside those jeans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 24, 2015 11:52 AM

Met Schneider about eight months ago and if he was fat, shoot me now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 24, 2015 12:19 PM

If you've ever see Robert Wagner in his film debut in With a Song in My Heart in 1952 you wouldn't doubt for a second that he had incredible star charisma that would have been gobbled up by any and every studio and talent agent in Hollywood. His cameo in that film as a young wounded GI is one of the best intros any good-looking young actor could ever achieve.

by Anonymousreply 197November 24, 2015 1:40 PM

R175, Reynolds has been a self-aggrandizing liar since the 1970s. Old age and pain killers may have made it worse, but he's always been that way.

by Anonymousreply 198November 24, 2015 1:42 PM

[quote]Did Burt ravage the Duke boys?

I heard he preferred the guys at UNC.

by Anonymousreply 199November 24, 2015 6:31 PM

Yum, Jon Schneider, big dick stuffed into what look like excruciatingly tight jeans, and probably a nice full bush of soft blond pubes.

by Anonymousreply 200November 24, 2015 8:23 PM

Probably light brown based on his armpits but nice enough. I saw him in person once at Tower Records (back then) and he looked good enough to eat in person. Tall and thick in the best sense of the word.

by Anonymousreply 201November 24, 2015 8:51 PM

Are there photos of John Schneider's armpits out there?

by Anonymousreply 202November 25, 2015 12:17 AM

Tons of shirtless photos and you can see chest hair, glimpses of armpit hair, etc. Just google.

by Anonymousreply 203November 25, 2015 12:44 AM

light brown body hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 25, 2015 12:48 AM

hint of pit hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 25, 2015 12:49 AM

and more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206November 25, 2015 12:50 AM

I think Schineider is even better looking now.

I watch him on The Haves and Have Nots.

He plays a meanSOB.

by Anonymousreply 207November 25, 2015 12:51 AM

pits looking blonde/gray with age (he's indeed still hot)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208November 25, 2015 12:52 AM

An obvious stinker like At Long Last Love really played at Radio City Music Hall?

by Anonymousreply 209November 25, 2015 1:03 AM

Curvy,cantilevered side ass in "Eddie Macon's Run".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210November 25, 2015 1:06 AM

I don't know how the Burt Reynolds thread turned into a John Schneider picture appreciation one....but I'm not complaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 25, 2015 1:09 AM

Fuck me NOW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 25, 2015 1:13 AM

ha, it's related to how male bodies have changed and/or the way jeans are cut -- connected, somehow, to Burt's nude centerfold. Schneider was the ultimate example of what a man in jeans should look like. Even more than Burt.

by Anonymousreply 213November 25, 2015 1:14 AM

[quote]it's related to how male bodies have changed and/or the way jeans are cut

I grew up in a small Oregon logging/farming community in the late 90s,early 00s where most of the guys still wore regular fit or boot cut Wrangler,Lee and Levi jeans. From the sheer number of hot asses and straining bulges I would see every day,trust me, the bodies have NOT changed.

Advance to 2:18 for the payoff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 25, 2015 1:25 AM

John Schneider would have made a great "Jamie Fraser" on "Outlander".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215November 25, 2015 8:55 AM

Didn't John Schneider became a christian?

by Anonymousreply 216November 25, 2015 9:25 AM

Did Burt fuck John Schneider?

by Anonymousreply 217November 25, 2015 9:26 AM

R209 Yes. I saw it when I was there on a spring break college theatre trip. It was the Easter show. I went one morning to the first showing and the Music Hall was packed.

by Anonymousreply 218November 25, 2015 10:08 AM

Nice try, R217.

by Anonymousreply 219November 25, 2015 10:37 AM

R194, so is Burt Bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 220November 25, 2015 10:57 AM

That was my understanding, R220. Though I got the impression he had either reined in the free living, or perhaps he was just past the chase and wasn't much of anything anymore. Really, by this point, he was simply a rather frail, easily tired, elderly man who was probably more concerned with his prostate, what was for dinner and remembering (or rather, being reminded) to take his pills.

by Anonymousreply 221November 25, 2015 2:16 PM

I think Schneider was always a Christian, raised as one, but he's not remotely hardcore, kind of gives religion a good name. He'll do scenes involving wanting to have a three way with Larry David's wife and such, has a few faith-based movies under his belt but nothing obnoxious. I like him, always did. And he has indeed grown up into a truly handsome Older Leading Man.

(P.S. I was actually on "The Have and Have Nots", though no scenes with him, and I couldn't wait for the big elaborate wrap party for Schneider to show up. Alas, he has probably been to too many wrap parties in his life and had already fled the city to go home. A no show).

by Anonymousreply 222November 25, 2015 4:01 PM

R222, So he is not necessarily a Born Again Christian ,but kind of a compromising christian? Because I thought I heard him say one time he was a Born Again Christian ,but from your post it sounds like he is lukewarm about it?

by Anonymousreply 223November 28, 2015 7:59 AM

Q&A: Burt Reynolds

‘To whom would I most like to say sorry? Dozens of women – I think you’ll figure out why’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 28, 2015 6:00 PM

Yes "At Long Last Love" was the 1975 Easter show at Radio City Musical Hall. It was a great booking, as it was a big splashy G rated musical which was RCMH was all about. The Easter show the year before was "Mame". But by the time "At Long Last Love was released, Times Square was awash with hardcore porn and no one wanted to see family fare. RCMH stopped full time movies and stage shows four years later.

by Anonymousreply 225November 28, 2015 11:57 PM

Schneider...light brown body hair

He's a real born blonde. He has blonde body hair. It might look brown from lighting but his body hair is blonde. If you meet him you can see it at his open shirt collar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 29, 2015 12:04 AM

As horrible as ALLL is its production design is fabulous and it looked sensational on the Music Hall screen.

As opposed to Mame the year before which except for the opening credits was a wide screen eyesore. Especially on the huge Radio City screen.

Mame did have the advantage of opening as somebody pointed out in '74 when it suddenly seemed like in '75 nobody any longer wanted to go to midtown.

By the way Love was cut DURING its run at the Music Hall. If you saw it when it first opened you saw one film. If you saw it after it had played a few weeks you would have seen a shorter film by about 10 to 15 minutes. Why this was done I have no idea. The reviews and word of mouth were already terrible and shortening it made it no better. And I missed the cut numbers.

by Anonymousreply 227November 29, 2015 12:13 AM

Poor Burt...this thread has more photos of John Schneider than the supposed subject of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 228November 29, 2015 12:14 AM

John Schneider can get IT! Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 229November 29, 2015 12:17 AM

[quote]Poor Burt...this thread has more photos of John Schneider than the supposed subject of this thread.

Well, here's Burt and his toupeé, age 55, back in 1991

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 29, 2015 10:49 AM

And here's John Schneider, 75 inches of pure man, at age 55 nowadays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 29, 2015 11:04 AM

He starred in a made-for-television movie with Marilu Henner years ago . . . he played a redneck hunk who was building a house in the middle of NYC.

Based on the interviews of them promoting it at the time, you just know they were fucking.

by Anonymousreply 232November 29, 2015 11:22 AM

So, R-227, you actually paid to see that movie more than once?

by Anonymousreply 233November 29, 2015 11:30 AM

Here is Bogdanovich talking about the cuts to "At Long Last Love".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234November 29, 2015 12:15 PM

R233 yes.

I guess it was what one would call a guilty pleasure.

And though 110% gay I thought Cybil was hot as fuck and Kahn delightful.

Don't know why I didn't go a third time but it was probably because I was so annoyed by the cuts.

by Anonymousreply 235November 29, 2015 5:42 PM

R227 I watched the blu ray of At Long Last Love. The cut numbers are back.still a bad movie but great production design and costumes. For all it's flaws, ALLL does have some charm.

by Anonymousreply 236November 29, 2015 11:32 PM

Garbo wanted to sleep with Lucy. Lucy was game, but Gary talked her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 237November 29, 2015 11:46 PM

R236 yes purely on visual terms it was great seeing it at the Music Hall.

It looked pretty wonderful.

It was as if the people who made Mame the year before said in a pre-production meeting 'let's make a big expensive movie musical look as ugly as possible!'

by Anonymousreply 238November 30, 2015 12:09 AM

[quote]Garbo was flat chested!

Not quite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 2, 2015 4:47 AM

Johnny Cash turned John Schneider into a Christian.

Rent-A-Cop is actually quite entertaining. Good chemistry between Burt and Liza (they seem to be having fun) and excellent score by Jerry Goldsmith.

by Anonymousreply 240December 2, 2015 5:27 AM

Wasn't Vidal rude to about just about everyone of the thousands of people he met throughout his life.

There might have been 6 people in all that he was civil to.

by Anonymousreply 241December 2, 2015 11:23 AM

I liked the film he did with Goldie Hawn - "Best Friends". Burt was sexy in that one.

by Anonymousreply 242December 2, 2015 11:33 AM

I was unaware there was so much animosity between Raquel and Burt and does it continue today? Now, I want to find a copy of "Fuzz" and watch it for their scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 243December 2, 2015 11:58 AM

Nah, they made up later and got along, he says she was a different person back then (yeah, right). All per the FIRST book that he regurgitating with this new one apparently.

by Anonymousreply 244December 2, 2015 9:46 PM

R22's nine posts sure keep this thread humming. Or is it "snoring"?

by Anonymousreply 245December 2, 2015 9:55 PM

r239, that pic proves she had awful boobs

by Anonymousreply 246December 2, 2015 11:39 PM

What a hot body Burt had back in the day!

by Anonymousreply 247December 3, 2015 11:57 PM

There was mention of his nude photo spread mentioned in an episode of Maude, as an example of the sexually progressive times of the 1970s, though there was a joke about him having a staple in his stomach in the magazine.

by Anonymousreply 248December 4, 2015 6:35 AM

I doubt Burt is gay from the simple fact of his awkward appearance with Dolly in Whorehouse... If they were gay, they should of been the best of pals.

by Anonymousreply 249December 4, 2015 11:13 AM

I just read the book. Burt is the most pro gay person ever!! He hates everyone except his gay friends.

(He likes Dinah Sally and Jon Voight too but is mostly gay people who come off unscathed. (Charles Nelson Reilly, Dom Deluise)

by Anonymousreply 250December 12, 2015 2:50 AM

"That pic proves she had awful boobs."

What was awful about them? They weren't big, but they were nicely shaped.

by Anonymousreply 251December 12, 2015 4:49 AM

When we were kids we all assumed Burt had a very large penis. It's a little bit of a let down that he is/was average.

by Anonymousreply 252December 15, 2015 3:56 PM

So are there photos of the centerfold without the covered genitals?

What about John Davidson?

by Anonymousreply 253December 15, 2015 11:43 PM

[quote]When we were kids we all assumed Burt had a very large penis. It's a little bit of a let down that he is/was average.

You must have been really let down through life.

by Anonymousreply 254December 15, 2015 11:54 PM

Probably no frontals for Davidson. Helen Gurley Brown thought the shots of Burt were sexier not showing all and she was right, a full frontal wouldn't have become the iconic shot it became, so why shoot them if she wasn't going to use them, and was probably why Davidison agreed to it.

by Anonymousreply 255December 15, 2015 11:58 PM

Just read his book. Weird, maybe the first autobiography I've read where the subject talks more about other people than himself. He'll talk about a project and say, this is where I met Charles Nelson Reilly and then go off on his life story like when Charles was in the big Ringling Brothers Circus fire of 1944.

by Anonymousreply 256December 17, 2015 3:37 AM

R254, just Burt, average is fine with me but due to Burt's super macho persona we just assumed he was packing. Just adolescent stuff.

by Anonymousreply 257December 17, 2015 8:03 PM

Today on Hardtalk on BBC World News an uninterrupted half hour interview with Reynolds aired. It was probably taped a few months ago when his book came out. Anyway it was a very affecting, absorbing interview. Reynolds choked up in the first five minutes talking about his teenage car accident when his spleen had to be removed. His friend Tommy Price was in the ambulance with him and he asked Price to pray for him since he didn't know how. His father was apparently quite a bully. When asked about his health crisis in the 80s due to a stunt guy ("Not the brightest bulb in the building") slamming a wrought iron chair at his jaw Sally Field was mentioned. He said she'd made a remark that he might have AIDS because he'd "been around a lot where that sort of thing could happen" and after a follow-up by the interviewer he said "I guess she meant I had a lot of girlfriends and one of them might have had AIDS." Uh huh. He was very charming but still bitter about the "betrayal" of unnamed Hollywood friends. He still doesn't like Boogie Nights and thinks it's "bizarre" that people loved him in that role.

I remember the NBC miniseries Celebrity which was based on a novel (by Tom Tryon?). One character played by Joseph Bottoms was a sexy young bisexual actor with a particular interest in high school quarterbacks. This character was most likely based on Reynolds. And I know someone who worked at his dinner theater who said that it was common knowledge but never openly discussed that a certain Vietnam vet who was an apprentice there was Reynolds' bf.

by Anonymousreply 258January 27, 2016 1:17 AM

So Sally outed Burt? Wow, didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 259January 27, 2016 1:30 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 260January 27, 2016 8:44 PM

His hairy chest and legs drove me crazy with desire back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 261January 29, 2016 2:28 PM

Did Sally actually help spread the AIDs rumors? What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 262January 29, 2016 3:16 PM

His long standing feud with Joan Rivers was always good for a laugh. I remember one talk show where he told the audience you didn't want to end up in life a putz like Joan Rivers. She responded later that his toupee must have been on too tight. LOL

by Anonymousreply 263January 29, 2016 5:43 PM

Watched a vintage Dick Cavett Show on DECADES from 1971, with guests Carol Burnett, Carroll O'Connor and Burt Reynolds.

Burt came on wearing the wig that Carol had been wearing during her segment, but tossed to the floor for a laugh.

Burt said that if stranded on a deserted island and could only have two people with him, he would want Carol Burnett and "a homosexual male".

He underscored the latter by saying that he would want "a screaming faggot".

The word "faggot" was bleeped, but it was clear that's what he said . . . Burnett, O'Connor, Cavett and the audience laughed hysterically.

by Anonymousreply 264April 23, 2016 12:10 PM

Ever notice how there are NO manly men among today's actors?

Yeah, they might be toned and buff...but they're not manly.

The average Joe today is feminized... thanks to hormones in meat, pesticides, plastics...the endocrine disruptors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265April 23, 2016 1:39 PM

R264 "he would want "a screaming faggot"."

He was besties with Dom DeLuise so he probably wanted to make sure he still had one on a 'deserted island.'

by Anonymousreply 266April 23, 2016 1:48 PM

He was in a commited relationship with Lucie Arnaz for a year and a half until he dumped her for Sally Fields.

by Anonymousreply 267November 28, 2020 10:19 PM

It was only 3 or 4 years ago where I learned he is not the father of Ryan Reynolds. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 268November 28, 2020 10:26 PM

Burt had a habit of telling actors he had a job for them on Evening Shade, and they needed to move to LA. Then when they got there, he wouldn't return their calls, and no one involved in the production would give them the time of day. I know two people he did that to, plus one he tried to do it to, but that guy knew one of the previous actors and wouldn't move without a signed contract, so Burt stopped asking him.

by Anonymousreply 269November 28, 2020 10:29 PM

Sexy photo. Great mustache.

by Anonymousreply 270November 28, 2020 10:31 PM

I seriously doubt lesbo Garbo hit on him

Burt was a liar to the end

by Anonymousreply 271November 28, 2020 10:32 PM

R265, a gay guy on a gossip board is whining about feminized men? Oh, my sides!

And Burt was more vain than most starlets

by Anonymousreply 272November 28, 2020 10:35 PM

R265 agreed.

by Anonymousreply 273November 28, 2020 10:36 PM

Chrissie Evert at the height of her tennis reign had a year long fling with Burt. She'd dodge reporters questions about what was going on. She was a sexual animal in bed and Burt who was 37 to her 22, was really into her. This was post Dinah and pre-Sally.

by Anonymousreply 274November 28, 2020 10:54 PM

He beat up his wives.

by Anonymousreply 275November 28, 2020 11:10 PM

[R196] did John Schneider actually know that t-shirt logo's translates as "run, full of cum" on Urban Dictionary? That's either clueless or bad advertising.

by Anonymousreply 276November 29, 2020 3:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!