Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ex Carolina Panther Rae Carruth hired hit man to be sure this baby wasn't born, but now that baby is 16

CHARLOTTE, NC (Scott Fowler/The Charlotte Observer) -

In 1999, they tried to kill Chancellor Lee Adams before he was born.

They conspired to commit murder – to shoot and kill his mother. That way the unborn baby’s life would end, too, and his father wouldn’t have to pay any child support. It was a horrific crime that altered Chancellor’s life forever and exposed us all to the dark side of professional sports.

And yet here is the son of former Carolina Panther first-round draft pick Rae Carruth. He is smiling, holding onto his grandmother’s arm and walking slowly toward the horse named “Raider” that he rides every week.

Chancellor turned 16 Monday. He already had his “Sweet 16” party. He got to have a magician and his favorite dessert – yellow cake, with strawberry mousse in the middle and whipped cream icing.

“Chancellor is not just surviving,” says his grandmother, Saundra Adams. “He is thriving.”

The boy they could not kill goes to high school in Charlotte now. Chancellor is 5-foot-4, about 7 inches shorter than his father. The two bear a stunning facial resemblance. But Chancellor has a dimple in his chin just like his mom and he also inherited her peaceful nature, Saundra Adams says.

Carruth – still in prison for hiring the hit man who killed Chancellor’s mother, Cherica Adams s a fleet wide receiver for the Panthers from 1997-99, Carruth used to make almost $40,000 per game.

Carruth, a native of Sacramento, Calif., is scheduled to get out of jail on Oct. 22, 2018. It may surprise you that Saundra Adams hopes Rae will be a part of his son’s life after that, although Rae and Chancellor haven’t seen each other in 15 years.

Chancellor has special needs. Owing to his traumatic birth, he has cerebral palsy. Loss of blood and oxygen the night of his birth caused him permanent brain damage. When he was born, he looked blue.

But the boy who wasn’t supposed to talk can communicate a little with people who don’t know him and a lot with people who do. The boy who wasn’t supposed to walk mostly uses a walker to get around now instead of a wheelchair, and he navigates steps without help.

“He’s able to feed himself some,” Adams says. “He’s able to dress himself with minimal assistance. And the biggest thing is he’s able to walk.”

Beside him, every step of the way, has been Adams. She has devoted the past 16 years mostly to taking care of her grandson, ever since she took him home from the hospital on New Year’s Eve 1999 – less than three weeks after Cherica Adams died in the hospital.

It is just the two of them now, living together in a home in Charlotte that is filled with pictures of Cherica, whom Chancellor calls “Mommy Angel.”

“I’ve never treated Chancellor like he’s disabled,” says Saundra Adams. “I treat him like he’s ‘abled’ differently.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 16, 2020 3:08 PM

That's heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2015 7:28 PM

Black lives matter.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2015 7:35 PM

How the hell is it that Carruth is getting out of jail in just three years?

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2015 7:38 PM

It is sad. How in the world is Rae supposed to be a part of this guys life when Rae gets out of the slammer? He tried to kill him and killed the kids mother. Are they suppose to go out for froyo or something?

The grandma needs to think again on that one.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2015 7:39 PM

The grandmother is too forgiving in my opinion. Rae never wanted that son and he went to extremes. The boy's mother had a painful death and the boy is disabled for life. She could forgive Rae, but she is stupid for wanting Rae to be in the boy's life after prison.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2015 8:17 PM

Saw this story on a tv crime show recently.

Cold blooded. Didn't want to have to support the kid (and lose his money for at least eighteen years) and hired a hit on the girlfriend (she was following him in her own car, he stopped his car so the hitman could pull up alongside her car and shoot her)

What is that woman thinking. He didn't want the son to be born .... he won't want him now that he has special needs.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2015 8:31 PM

That monster should be behind bars for the rest of his life and the grandmother-- though a saint-- is an idiot for allowing him back into this poor child's life.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2015 8:33 PM

"How the hell is it that Carruth is getting out of jail in just three years?"

Americans only think you're the devil if you commit a sex crime. Just plain old violent crime is fine

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2015 8:35 PM

I wonder if his intelligence is normal aside from his having CP.

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2015 8:39 PM

tragic

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2015 8:56 PM

[quote]Americans only think you're the devil if you commit a sex crime. Just plain old violent crime is fine

I get what you are saying. In New York, an off-duty NYPD officer raped a teacher in an alley and was sentenced to 75 years in prison. That guy's lawyers tried to get his sentence reduced and they mentioned that some killers don't get 75 year sentences. There was a case in Arizona, in which a young man raped a woman in her home in front of her toddler. He was convicted and sentenced to 30 years for that rape. In prison, he was taking a GED class and one day he waited for his classmates to clear out . He stabbed the GED teacher with a pen and raped her. He got a life sentence for that. Both rape cases were horrible and the rapists deserve to be in prison. That said, Carruth should be serving a life sentence as his crime left a woman dead and a boy disabled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2015 10:40 PM

What a sad story. I hope that young man fares well, as well as he can, in life. I also hope that will be someone around for him in his later years

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2015 11:01 PM

Because sex crimes disproportionately target women and girls, they're heavily punished. Because non-sex violent crimes disproportionately target men, well, you know...

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2015 11:09 PM

r13, if anything, people are more harsh towards sex offenders who target young boys. Because straight guys can't relate to their sexual desires.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2015 11:18 PM

R14 Oh you're definitely right about that. I read that in Canada a man is twice more likely to spend time in jail if he's accused of molesting a boy than a girl. There definitely are many prejudices simultaneously at play in the court system - biases rooted on race, nationality, and perceived sexual orientation, each one of them resulting in higher penalties to minority groups. But when it comes to sex/gender, it's not the "minority" group (women) that is disproportionately punished. For example, in regards to abuse of male children, see the story below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2015 11:35 PM

R9 .... I think the article mentions some brain damage.

I hope he is well enough to say 'Grandma, keep that fucking murderer away from me'.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2015 11:36 PM

R5, the grandmother isn't going to live forever, and the boy needs more family than her. I think she's wise to do this now when she can help them put a relationship together.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2015 11:40 PM

I remember when this happened. Carruth was found hiding in the trunk of a car.

What pissed me off is his fucking idiot mother who doesn't believe her baby had anything to do with his baby mama's murder. Right. Who else would have wanted her murdered? She didn't travel in circles with criminal elements. The only person that would have benefited from her death ( if you can call it that) is Carruth. Besides the shooter gave an interview and told the story of how Carruth arranged everything.

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2015 11:46 PM

"But when it comes to sex/gender, it's not the "minority" group (women) that is disproportionately punished. For example, in regards to abuse of male children, see the story below"

But women who commit sex offenses have older victims, have fewer victims, etc. than male offenders. They are also far less likely to repeat their crimes and less likely to use violence and coercion. I haven't seen much difference in the types of offenses commit by male sex offenders who molest boys and male offenders who molest girls. The difference is that men who target boys are seen as "gay" (even if they are not attracted to adult males)

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2015 11:46 PM

R19 Read the story at R15. A woman got a suspended sentence for abusing an 11 year old. That's young enough in my book. And I can't picture a man getting off so easily. It's extremely common to see women get slaps on the wrist for sex crimes against the underage. Also, I think using 'trends' based on identity group is a bit dangerous - it might justify giving heftier penalties to minorities as well. Let's suppose (I say suppose, because I have no idea if this is true) that Black robbers are more likely to be repeat their offenses than White robbers. Would that make it OK to, based on this information, give one Black person accused of robbery a longer sentence than a White person accused of the same crime, even though we don't know, in these individual cases, if the Black person is more likely to repeat his crime than the White person?

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2015 11:52 PM

I remember this trial, too. Carruth was famous, charismatic (he had dozens of girlfriends), and well-represented -- there was a real fear that he might get off completely. At least that didn't happen, even though he should have been convicted of murder, not just conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2015 11:53 PM

An easy solution for anyone worried about sex-crime sentencing disparities - don't commit sex crimes against anyone! Geesh.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2015 12:25 AM

"Read the story at R15. A woman got a suspended sentence for abusing an 11 year old. That's young enough in my book. And I can't picture a man getting off so easily. It's extremely common to see women get slaps on the wrist for sex crimes against the underage"

I did read the story. And as for the "slap on the wrist" - you must have missed the thread about a woman sentenced to 20+ years for having sex with willing 17-year-olds.

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2015 1:13 AM

What do we know about the mother? As sweet as the grandmother?

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2015 1:20 AM

If he is paroled it is likely that one of the terms of release will be that he is restrained from contact with the victim. I hope the maternal grandmother reconsiders her position once he is off parole. The paternal grandmother, who should have been the one person from that side of the family to embrace the kid, sounds like a real cunt and I would bet the paternal relatives take their cue from her.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2015 2:43 AM

She gave the kid a Sweet 16 party and says he's "abled differently"? Af-Frau.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2015 2:59 AM

R26, I was raised with a cousin who had CP. He was severely disabled, but he got around his disabilities and was able to communicate even though he couldn't speak. He was one of the sweetest people I've ever known and I still miss him.

"Abled differently" is a wonderful descriptive term. Then again, you can't be expected to understand.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2015 3:14 AM

r26, you seem unpleasant. Sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2015 3:14 AM

An (admittedly) lengthy article, originally published in GQ in 2001, about Rae Carruth's trial and conviction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2015 3:23 AM

He probably thought he would walk, being a super rich and untouchable football "hero" and lady's man. Frankly I'm surprised the jury didn't find a way to let him off scott free. What was the ratio of men to women on that jury I wonder? I'd bet women pissed about domestic violence outnumbered the good ol' NFL lovin' frat boys on the jury, which might explain why he was found guilty of something. Nowadays it's a different story in the NFL. Beat your wife/gf? Abuse animals and kids? No problem, you'r are needed on the field to churn out more $$ for the Roger Goddells and the Bill Belechicks and Jerry Jones, etc.

Carruth should be serving life with no parole. Grandma needs to seriously re-think this idea of letting him around that child when he gets out, but I'll bet Carruth won't be a whit interested in having a relationship with the boy.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2015 3:30 AM

[quote]Grandma needs to seriously re-think this idea of letting him around that child when he gets out, but I'll bet Carruth won't be a whit interested in having a relationship with the boy.

That might be a brilliant ploy on Granny's part. Now Carruth can't act all victimy and claim she's keeping the boy from him.

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2015 3:41 AM

I heard the 911 audio of the mother as she was dying from getting shot and named Carruth. It was heartbreaking to listen to that.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2015 3:53 AM

Rae Carruth is a piece of shit. Cheap prick didn't want to pay child support so he murdered his gf. His bitch ass was making NFL money!

I worry about who'll take care of that baby after his grandmother is gone. I'm sure she does too.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2015 4:38 AM

Making him the sole lifetime caregiver for a permanently disabled son would be an appropriate use of karma.

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2015 8:15 AM

You fraus are interlopers. This is a gay web site. Please find a more appropriate site for your interests.

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2015 11:47 AM

I thought talking shit about black people is a favorite DL past time, R35.

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2015 3:19 PM

Fuck off, R35. If you don't like what is discussed in this thread, then move the fuck along.

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2015 9:49 PM

[quote]Because sex crimes disproportionately target women and girls, they're heavily punished. Because non-sex violent crimes disproportionately target men, well, you know...

And all of these crimes are committed by men. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2015 10:25 PM

"He probably thought he would walk, being a super rich and untouchable football "hero" and lady's man. "

He probably thought he'd never be caught. Criminals tend to have a bad sense of how successful they'll be in committing crime. And, this was such low stakes. He was a millionaire football player and he had his baby mama killed just to avoid paying child support. That's insane. His life could have been completely fine. He could have continued making money, still partied, still fucked other women. Now he's deservedly rotting in jail because he's so fucking stupid. What a horrible person. '

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2015 1:32 AM

I hate to say this, but he was hot when he was playing for the Panthers.

by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2015 4:06 AM

R18

I don't see how there was even a chance he'd be exonerated.

Even though she'd been riddled with bullets she was able to call 911, tell them where she was and tell them Rae was involved.

I'd think it would be hard to beat a dying declaration of the victim.

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2015 5:16 AM

Satan can really influence people to do such evil. He kills, steals, and destroys.

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2015 12:13 AM

I'm sure the kid is set for life, financially. He has to have gotten a huge payday from Carruth so he'd be well taken care of. Carruth should die in prison and suffer horribly every day until he does.

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2015 12:24 AM

This article states the grandmother accepts donations. I'm guessing she and Chancellor never got anything from the Carruth family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 22, 2015 1:52 AM

The joy that child could have brought to Carruth's life, but that animal would have rather had him extinguished like an insect. I hope Carruth is getting his in prison.

by Anonymousreply 45December 24, 2015 12:07 PM

r8, I think that fame and fortune have more to do with lenient sentencing.

by Anonymousreply 46December 24, 2015 12:22 PM

I think the grandma is just a nice person and she's not wanting him to take over parenting him, just to be a part of his life. Maybe she just wants him to see what he tried to destroy and maybe have something positive come out of this. I know it's reaching for straws and likely won't happen but her hearts in the right place. The person who called her an idiot was rude. I'm sorry the boys mom didn't make it but the fact he survived and is a happy kid is the best revenge for that sick SOB. The hit an is disgusting too. How can you take money from someone and then kill a woman who is pregnant. That's disturbing beyond words.

by Anonymousreply 47January 2, 2016 1:47 AM

Wow I just looked at pictures of chancellor online and what a sweet boy. Many pictures with his grandma are so loving. I seriously got teary eyed. He is definitely loved very much. It a shame what a heartless jerk he has for a father.

by Anonymousreply 48January 2, 2016 2:03 AM

I didn't read the article, but I'm assuming that he's had to pay child support this entire time. If so, the idea that he may see this boy is scary. I can't believe he won't be paying for him after age 18, because the boy is so disabled. This ex-con could decide again it would make sense to cut his losses. He's obviously got a lot less money after paying for attorneys and not being able to earn anything after being convicted.

by Anonymousreply 49January 2, 2016 2:26 AM

The boy Rae Carruth wanted dead is working hard.

He sits in the Charlotte office of his occupational therapist, practicing one of the mundane tasks he finds so difficult because of his cerebral palsy and brain damage. On this day, his task is to button a single button on his shirt.

ADVERTISING

One minute ticks by. Then another. Six months ago, it took the boy 15 minutes to button this one button. He furrows his brow, concentrating.

The boy’s mother, Cherica Adams, was murdered in 1999. She was killed because of a murder conspiracy masterminded by Carruth, the first-round draft choice of the Carolina Panthers in 1997. Carruth wanted to kill his on-and-off girlfriend because she was eight months pregnant with his child and he didn’t want to pay child support. He hired a hit man to pull the trigger.

The four bullets that struck and ultimately killed Cherica Adams in a south Charlotte drive-by shooting also severely damaged her unborn baby.

Read more here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2016 4:15 PM

"Carruth never has apologized – or publicly acknowledged he did anything wrong."

God I hope this bastard gets his when he's released. His son wants to see him? If I were the grandmother, I wouldn't allow it. He broke the child's body the first time and now he'll break the child's spirit.

by Anonymousreply 51October 21, 2016 4:21 PM

The piece of shit of father doesn't deserve to get out of jail. I hope he gets what is coming to him. Karma will fuck him up

by Anonymousreply 52October 21, 2016 4:52 PM

Wonder how many guys he's fucked since he's been in jail. A guy with that kind of sexual need hasn't gone celibate this whole time. Maybe he's always just needed a good man? Cause he clearly hated women.

by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2016 4:56 PM

Turn the bitch over to me when he gits outta jail!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2016 5:05 PM

"Making him the sole lifetime caregiver for a permanently disabled son would be an appropriate use of karma."

The last thing that teenager needs is having his father take care of him. Carruth would stick him in some hellhole state facility and forget about him.

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2016 5:20 PM

r55 Or kill him.

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2016 5:24 PM

Just looked up some images of Carruth and he's not that good looking. All those ladies must have like him for his light skin because he's pretty average looking.

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2016 5:37 PM

They liked him because he was a professional athlete with $$$$

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2016 5:44 PM

He got a lesser sentence because he didn't smoke those nasty cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2016 6:01 PM

R27 how was he able to communicate? And what happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2016 6:35 PM

This is why these entrapment pregnancies are such a bad idea. I remember when Laci Peterson was killed and they bandied about the statistics of pregnant women getting murdered, I was shocked by it then but now I can see why it happens. I guess if you're with a fucking creep that you trapped into marrying you the BEST case scenario would be him just murdering the kid (see Fat Fuck leaves toddler in car to die). It doesn't even have to be the guy who kills you, it could be one of his ugly side bitches who does it. This is definitely a monkey's paw/be careful what you wish for scenario because I'm sure the woman wanted the kid to be taken care of for life, and he is, but not in the way she intended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2016 8:15 PM

R61 why are you blaming the women?

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2016 8:17 PM

R61 last I knew, it took two people (a man and a woman) to get pregnant. You make it sound like all women conspire to entrap men by getting pregnant. And how are you so sure that was the case here:? If the man doesn't want a kid, he could wear a condom or abstain. Why must it only be on the woman to prevent pregnancy?

by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2016 8:23 PM

r62 and r63 I'm not blaming the women, obviously the person who murdered them is the one who is at fault, but it doesn't make them any less dead, does it? Pregnancy is fucking risky anyhow, getting pregnant with a guy who is hesitant, and thinking he will change once he sees the baby just makes it that much more dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2016 8:54 PM

I was reading this thinking "Wow 16 is awfully young to be a Chancellor"

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2016 9:24 PM

He killed his pregnant gf too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2016 10:15 PM

And this asshole tried to kill several of the women he knocked up.

Why the fuck don't these assholes just use condoms?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 21, 2016 10:18 PM

r65 an ironic one

by Anonymousreply 68October 21, 2016 11:36 PM

Because they are selfish sacks of wet shit R67 and they do not care about the chaos they leave behind them. I was interviewing a new client the other day and I liked him up to the moment he bragged about having five kids with four baby mamas (a term I despise). Does not pay a dime in child support.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2016 3:28 AM

R69 what do you do?

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2016 3:32 AM

I followed this trial from start to finish, and it was as entertaining and eye opening in its own way as the OJ trial.

The most shocking thing was the literal harem of women who seemed to love and support Rae. Even the white mother of one of his former girlfriends was one of the last character witnesses put on the stand right before the judge pronounced the sentence. They all seemed mesmerized by him.

Cherica's mom does indeed seem like a wonderful woman. Dateline did as piece on Chance and her when he was just a toddler, and I was weeping like a baby by the time it ended. He seems so full of love, and she is a saint. While it may be true that Cherica was a "dancer," her mother lived in a very lovely home in an upscale neighborhood in Charlotte, and this was not purchased with any funds from Carruth. She had to spend a small fortune equipping the home with various items to make Chance's life easier, so I hope that she received some money from that rat bastard's NFL pay days.

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2016 3:56 AM

So sad

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2016 2:01 PM

r61 You're disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2016 2:05 PM

why is this posted at DL?

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2016 2:16 PM

r74 Why not?

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Heh, R65, I thought the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2016 4:32 PM

Maybe I will this case for a future season of American Crime Story

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2016 5:01 PM

r65 r76 You two are a laugh riot. Were your parents siblings?

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2016 6:50 PM

"This is why these entrapment pregnancies are such a bad idea. I remember when Laci Peterson was killed and they bandied about the statistics of pregnant women getting murdered, I was shocked by it then but now I can see why it happens. I guess if you're with a fucking creep that you trapped into marrying you the BEST case scenario would be him just murdering the kid (see Fat Fuck leaves toddler in car to die). "

Laci wasn't pregnant when she married Scott, she didn't "trap" him

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2016 11:56 PM

r40 but his head's completely malformed. I wonder if that, and the fact of it getting repeatedly bashed playing football, had an effect on his behaviour.

r49 The news said he's bear earning a dollar a day as a prison barber. He gets out when the boy will be 18 so I don't know if he'll be expected to do back-payments or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 23, 2016 3:13 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 23, 2016 3:22 AM

So 18 years ago Rae Carruth killed the mother of his unborn child. The child survived + was raised by his grandmother. Rae Carruth is set to be released from prison next month, and wants custody of the child. This story is about as deplorable, as it gets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 19, 2018 11:35 PM

Thanks for our baby-killing/baby-fucking story of the hour, Poo!

by Anonymousreply 83February 20, 2018 12:30 AM

He'll never get custody and he'll never be made his guardian when the kid reaches adulthood. This almost seems like some sick game he's playing with the grandmother. He neds to back off and leave them alone. Completely alone. Except to pay the bills.

by Anonymousreply 84February 20, 2018 12:51 AM

He wants custody so he can finish the job.

by Anonymousreply 85February 20, 2018 12:58 AM

No shame

by Anonymousreply 86February 20, 2018 1:18 AM

The grandmother ain’t having it:

"I've forgiven Rae already, but to have any type of relationship with him, there does have to be some repentance," Adams told the newspaper. "And I think this opens the door. But I can say definitively he's not ever going to have custody of Chancellor.

"Chancellor will be raised either by me or, after I'm gone, by someone else who loves him and who knows him. He will never be raised by a stranger -- someone he doesn't know and who tried to kill him."

by Anonymousreply 87February 20, 2018 1:28 AM

r84 +1

by Anonymousreply 88February 20, 2018 2:07 AM

Uh, let's get back to discussing what really matters for my peeps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 20, 2018 2:13 AM

Seems to me the girl should have had an abortion. She would have been alivevtoday having other babies if she had just done what he ask. Did he pay child support?

by Anonymousreply 90February 20, 2018 2:17 AM

You’re sick r90. Vile

by Anonymousreply 91February 20, 2018 2:34 AM

I don't believe I am vile. Men can not take the pill, girls can. Should a guy be wise enough to use a condom, of course but they aren't . why in the world would any woman want to have a baby with a man who does not want a baby? I believe that little habit that girls have (getting pregnant on purpose) makes me sick. It should make everyone sick.

by Anonymousreply 92February 20, 2018 2:43 AM

It does seem like this thread is full of women. I believe in right and wrong. It is wrong to trap a man by making him raise a child he never wanted. All these single mothers? You are single, that means you chose to have a baby on your own...otherwise you would be married.

by Anonymousreply 93February 20, 2018 2:52 AM

But murder is not justified

by Anonymousreply 94February 20, 2018 12:34 PM

I had no idea he was getting out of prison.

He and his accomplices all should’ve been executed.

by Anonymousreply 95February 20, 2018 12:47 PM

r90 How do you pay child support when you're in jail idiot?

by Anonymousreply 96February 20, 2018 12:55 PM

My sympathies lie with the child and the grandmother who suffer daily because of the foolish choices of the evil and greedy parents.

Rae should have worn a goddamn condom. It’s not foolproof, but it’s something. And not that she deserved to DIE, but the babymamma was a fool. I am a parent and cannot fathom the idea of “trapping” someone with a child. So you get 18 years of child support. BFD. Get a fucking job and get married and make a baby with someone who actually WANTS one.

Oh and who’s been paying for that child all this time?

by Anonymousreply 97February 20, 2018 1:29 PM

When a woman wants the baby dead that's fine, when the father does it's murder.

by Anonymousreply 98February 20, 2018 2:18 PM

No comment.

by Anonymousreply 99February 20, 2018 2:28 PM

"Get a fucking job and get married and make a baby with someone who actually WANTS one."

Uh, what makes you think she "trapped" him? And if he didn't want to be "trapped" maybe he could have worn a condom.

"When a woman wants the baby dead that's fine, when the father does it's murder."

Aborting a fetus is not the same thing as shooting someone, freeper moron.

by Anonymousreply 100February 20, 2018 3:19 PM

Horrible

by Anonymousreply 101February 20, 2018 10:29 PM

[quote] It does seem like this thread is full of women. I believe in right and wrong. It is wrong to trap a man by making him raise a child he never wanted.

Well one would think it would be understood that murder is never justified but, of course, woemn who do this are idiots. Some, maybe many, get what they want and for the rest of their lives. We all know people like that. But it's a risky proposition.

Yes, in hindsight, an abortion would have been the preferable route. And no, abortion is not murder.

by Anonymousreply 102February 20, 2018 10:45 PM

R27 I'm not R26, but I do have a PhD in Disability Studies and know many people in disability culture and activism and, trust me, they all uniformly hate "abled differently" or"differently abled." They argue, rightly in my opinion, that such euphemisms skirt over the genuine condition of disability and the social, economic, and political stigmas and barriers people with disabilities encounter every day. We are all "abled differently" from each other--it's meaningless.

And this is not a swipe at the young man in question, who deserves all the support and love he gets.

by Anonymousreply 103February 20, 2018 10:52 PM

The guy who kiiled Dominick Dunne’s daughter was in jail for less than 3 years, I think.

by Anonymousreply 104February 20, 2018 10:56 PM

Correction: the man who killed Dunne’s daughter was in jail for 3 and a half years.

by Anonymousreply 105February 20, 2018 11:00 PM

Tragic

by Anonymousreply 106February 23, 2018 1:25 PM

I think this is all about money. Carruth knows he’s getting out of jail soon with few options of employment and this young man gets a check every month to help with his care that Ray hopes he live off of.

by Anonymousreply 107February 23, 2018 1:42 PM

Ray is a mess

by Anonymousreply 108February 23, 2018 1:57 PM

RAE.

by Anonymousreply 109February 23, 2018 1:58 PM

He was just released from prison

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2018 2:47 PM

LOL not gonna read that article but that kid looks retarded

by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2018 2:53 PM

He should’ve been executed a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2018 2:56 PM

Charlotte Observer had a six part series and podcast about Carruth and the murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2018 2:56 PM

Subcontracting? A job worth doing is a job worth doing YOURSELF!

by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2018 3:00 PM

r111 he is, his mom was shot while he was in utero. Oh and you're an asshole. LOL, really?

by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2018 3:12 PM

According to Lipstick Alley Carruth got turned out in prison.

by Anonymousreply 116October 22, 2018 3:37 PM

r111 sounds pretty "retarded"

by Anonymousreply 117October 22, 2018 3:39 PM

Well,the fact that Granny wants Rae to be a part of the kids life doesnt surprise me in the least. Over the years Ive known lots of black women,and the one thing that ALWAYS astonished me was their ability to "forgive" their men for some pretty awful shit. "Oh yes ,he kidnapped that woman,raped and beat her half to death before shooting her in the head and dumping her in a ditch,but hes CHANGED" ! Or "I know he just got out of prison after 20 years for some gruesome crimes,but he's CHANGED" ! Let me go ahead and have 3 kids by him while Im at it. Ive known some very nice,educated and respectable black women with good jobs and horrific taste in men. I dont know if its because there isnt a bigger pool to draw from or what,but Ive seen it over and over again. Yet the nice black guy with a good education and a good job has to date white women because the "sistahs" dont think hes hot enough. Seen that over and over as well.

by Anonymousreply 118October 22, 2018 3:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 22, 2018 4:17 PM

Applaud? People are sick.

by Anonymousreply 120October 22, 2018 4:39 PM

I hope Ray Lewis takes him out for drinks and stabs.

by Anonymousreply 121October 22, 2018 5:31 PM

Well he needs to be shunned. Completely. If the grandmother allows that murderer near the child he attempted to murder and whose mother he did murder, then child protective services needs to be called.

by Anonymousreply 122October 22, 2018 6:17 PM

I heard a newscaster say this morning that Carruth is probably going to seek custody of his son. If some judge lets that happen I don't even want to say what should happen to that judge.

by Anonymousreply 123October 22, 2018 6:21 PM

Dang- time flies!

by Anonymousreply 124October 22, 2018 6:21 PM

I read an article about this crime and not only was he trying to avoid paying child support-he was already paying for another child- but he was embarrassed that this baby momma was a stripper.

by Anonymousreply 125October 22, 2018 6:24 PM

Wow really r125? What a fucking cock. Unlike OJ he has not an ounce of charm or charisma. I'm shocked he has fans.

by Anonymousreply 126October 22, 2018 6:29 PM

From R118

[quote]Over the years Ive known lots of black women,and the one thing that ALWAYS astonished me was their ability to "forgive" their men for some pretty awful shit.

I've noticed the same thing. A black female acquaintance of mine took a temporary "break" with her bf after she found out he was fucking one of her friends behind her back... and then married him less than a year later!

I think that it's what you said... the pool of "good men" is just so much more limited compared to other groups. Statistically, the vast majority of people prefer to date and marry within their own race/culture. Taking into consideration the percentage of black males incarcerated in this country, their drug/crime rates in general, their poverty rates, and a culture that encourages wantonly procreating with multiple women, it's not hard to figure why when black women do manage to catch a college educated, gainfully employed black man with no criminal record or baby mama's, they hold onto that shit tight.

by Anonymousreply 127October 23, 2018 5:13 AM

Carruth isn't even tall or cute like OJ was. How sad.

by Anonymousreply 128October 23, 2018 5:18 AM

Chancellor is 21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 16, 2020 3:03 PM

The man is a hero. Show some fucking respect!

by Anonymousreply 130November 16, 2020 3:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!