Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Los Feliz Murder Mansion

Seeing what could be a gorgeous Spanish revival style home falling into disrepair is odd in the Los Feliz area, where you are more likely to see a random starlet's multimillion dollar mansion. But with what is known as the Los Feliz Murder Mansion odd isn't the half of it.

This was once home to the Perelson family, which consisted of Dr. and Mrs. Perelson and their three children. On December 6, 1959 life as the family knew it came to a gruesome halt. Dr. Harold Perelson murdered his wife and severely beat their 18 year old daughter. The daughter was able to escape the home and ran for help. Help wasn't needed, however, to stop her father's wrath as he had helped himself to a bottle of acid and killed himself. The two youngest children, who were also in the house at the time, were unharmed.

Being that it was Christmastime, like many families, before that fateful night the Perelson's had been preparing for the holiday. A Christmas tree was put up. Presents were already being wrapped. But for the family there would be no celebration.

After this horrific crime it was reported that the children all moved across the country to be with family. The home was sold the following year to Julian and Emily Enriquez. This is the point where the story gets downright peculiar. After purchasing this house the couple never moved in. They also never leased it out and according to many articles written on the home, never took the Perelson's belongings out. There were reports that for years the Christmas tree was still visible through a window as well as wrapping paper and gifts on a table. After the Enriquez couple passed away the home was left to their son Rudy...who also apparently has left it vacant. ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2020 11:35 AM

Creepy story especially since the Perelson family belongings were never taken out.

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2015 1:58 AM

I'm writing a fictionalized version of the case for an upcoming season of American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2015 2:12 AM

I'm repurposing it into my art, paying ohhhh-mahj to the victims in song.

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2015 2:21 AM

The blogger in the below link visited the house and took off the window screens and took pictures of the inside. The Christmas wrapping paper on the couch is one of the pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2015 3:21 AM

Living in LA, I have been following this for a while. Apparently, Rudy Enriquez has finally passed away and hopefully the house will go up for sale. It is unfortunate his crazy ass let the house fall into such disrepair.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2015 3:46 AM

Did I miss something? Wasn't there only one murder?

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2015 7:01 AM

R6 Yes, there was only one murder.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2015 2:59 PM

Pasadena has two murder houses just a few blocks from each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2015 3:19 PM

What's weird about the Los Feliz murder house is the second owner.

Has anyone looked into why he bought that house and what he was doing at the time of the murder?

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2015 3:21 PM

[quote] Creepy story especially since the Perelson family belongings were never taken out.

That's a fallacy that has been debunked by the current owner of the house.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2015 3:25 PM

Reading the articles and blogs on the house and some of the details on Rudy Enriquez reminds me a bit of my aunt who is a hoarder. My aunt is in her late 70s and over the past ten years she and her now deceased husband got into hoarding and their house became infested with rodents and insects. The house has been cleaned out, but it's in bad shape. My aunt lives with her deadbeat daughter. My cousin had not cleaned up the yard behind my aunt's house in two years and the city's code enforcement issued citations to my aunt. Neighbors around my aunt's house also complained to the city. My cousin called my parents to go and help her clean out the yard. My parents only did it for my aunt's sake.

When I read the part about the neighbors helping Enriquez out by painting the garage and cleaning the yard, I was surprised that some people would be willing to bend over backwards for someone like that. Now that Enriquez has died, I think the neighbors are probably hoping it gets torn down. The neighbors probably hate the gawkers much the Amittyville House owners and neighbors do on Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2015 4:59 PM

Then what of the r4 photos, r10?

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2015 8:06 PM

I'm not R10 but the comments on the LA Bucket list blog state that the belongings in the pictures were of Rudy Enriquez and not the Perelson family. One comment there also mentions that Spaghettios didn't come out until 1965.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2015 8:23 PM

Thanks r13

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2015 8:24 PM

A movie about the mansion is in development.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2015 8:30 PM

Doesn't Perelson sound like a Jewish name? Yet Christmas was being celebrated so I guess they were not.

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2015 9:39 PM

Why buy a house and not move in or rent it out?

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2015 12:27 PM

[quote]There were reports that for years the Christmas tree was still visible through a window as well as wrapping paper and gifts on a table.

Not the tree owned by the Perelson's, though. R13 is right. That Christmas stuff was not from the Perelson family, it was just stuff stored there by Rudy Enriquez. It's obvious if you look at the pictures, and some commenters on various articles have even identified the dates of magazines mixed in with the Christmas stuff, proving it's all from after the Perelson murder.

I didn't know Enriquez had died. His obituary says he passed back in June, so surely the sale or auction of this house should be coming up shortly.

He couldn't have been that old -- he inherited the house in 1994 when his mom died.

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2015 12:54 PM

Enriquez was over 80 when he passed, a 2009 article lists his age as 77. The whole situation with the mansion is weird. It could have been sold years ago at a good price. The house is in crappy shape and real estate investors/flippers might not want to deal with that. Some article mentioned that Enriquez had cats living in that house, perhaps it was more for rodent control. But cats can do their damage to a home if humans aren't around enough to clean up after them.

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2015 3:19 PM

I looked through Feldman's recent tweets and I didn't see anything on Sheen. I wouldn't be surprised if Sheen has Feldman threatened. Sheen will always more power and money than Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2015 5:39 PM

Find a Death on the murders and after:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2015 5:41 PM

The property:

2475 Glendower Place

Los Angeles, CA 90027

Owner: RUDOLPH T ENRIQUEZ

Total land value: $80,217 (it was $76,709 in 2009)

Total building value: $94,147 (it was $90,030 in 2009)

Total value for property: $174,364 (it was $166,739 in 2009)

Recording date: 03/09/1995

Year built: 1925

Effective year built: 1925

Area of property: 5,050 square feet

Assessment for fiscal year: 2012/2013

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2015 5:42 PM

R22, the property value is based upon taxes rolled back by Prop 13 (1978) to 1975 values and only allowed to be increased no more than 2% a year since that time. So that is not an accurate value of even the land. Even with the house in the condition that it is in now, that area is a multi-million dollar neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2015 6:10 PM

Very odd for the parents to buy the house and never live in it...

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2015 12:15 AM

Someone in comments at the blog linked in R4 said the house had been lived in for a while, actually.

That makes sense -- who would bring Spaghettios into the house unless they were going to eat them there? You don't store Spaghettios in with your old Christmas decorations and unused furniture.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2015 1:12 PM

It's funny -- within just a two block radius of my house, there are four murder houses and all were domestic violence as in this case. But since the people were poor or Mexican, and the houses were not mansions, they don't rate a movie.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2015 2:03 PM

[quote]It's funny -- within just a two block radius of my house, there are four murder houses and all were domestic violence as in this case. But since the people were poor or Mexican, and the houses were not mansions, they don't rate a movie.

Pitch something to Robert Rodriguez.

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2015 2:30 PM

The driveway is roped off, and the landscaping is still bleak and barren based on google street view in June 2015.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2015 1:22 AM

Yeah that looks awful

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2015 3:03 AM

The murder mansion is on the market for 2.75 mil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2016 10:28 PM

Reddit thread from someone who went into the house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2016 10:30 PM

What was dad's motive in killing his wife and then himself?

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2016 10:47 PM

You know, there's a much more infamous murder mansion in Los Feliz, that saw more carnage, right up on Waverly Dr.

by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2016 10:56 PM

R32 I recall reading in an article that the husband was in debt and had been fighting with the wife for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2016 10:56 PM

Joy de vivre???

by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2016 10:57 PM

Yes, but that one's not for sale, has been renovated to the point it's not even recognizable anymore, and the address has been changed. And certainly couldn't be bought for only 2.75 mil. This house is in the original state as it was when the murders occurred, even if the bloodstains have been cleaned up.

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2016 10:58 PM

Awful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2016 11:44 PM

want it ? it's for SALE

2.75 mil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2016 11:48 PM

I waded through a lot of the threads in that kink, there is just something so creepy about this house and the murders and some very odd co-incidences. There must be either an incredibly dark story behind all this , or that famikly was just very very very unlucky.

Built in the 1930, according to the 1930 census records, the house was rented ( not owned by, strangely enough) film director/actor Frederick Zelnick, one of the most important producers-directors of the German silent cinema. He also appeared on screen as an actor. Zelnick there with his actress wife , Lya Mara and a few German servants they brought with them. The census records for all other houses list the house owners, architects, designers, who built it etc etc ... this house has none of those facts , simply listed as "unknown".

Friedrich Zelnik was born in a Jewish family in Czernowitz, today in Ukraine, at the time the capital of the Duchy of Bukovina in the Austrian part of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. Czernowitz has been then largely populated by Jews and has been after Wilno the most an important city for the Jewish culture in Eastern Europe. IThe Ze;nicks rented the house briefly in 1930 before returning to Germany where he produuced the first talking picture in Europe, He died in London in 1950.

Dr Perelson ( who was Jewish btw , so the Christmas tree is odd but not that unheard of, even back then ) his parents came from the same area of old Austria-Hungary, the city of Cernowitz, and did his wife familt , her maiden name was Silver , and it is quite likely their families were related to Zelnicks, but no links directly link them .

The daughter who escaped her fathers murderous rampage with a skull facture , Judye Perelson ,is now a semi-famous jewelry designer named Judith Handler , she makes very high end clunky lucite style bangles which are famed for the esoteric eastern occult symbolism in the design.

Dr Perelson main area of expertise was the cause of and treatment for headaches, in fact he had a paper published in 1947 medical journal, how ironic he bashed in his wife's head with a hammer , and his daughter now employs lots of heavy hammering into some of her mysticism eastern occultism inspired jewelry making process. ( thats her in the link wearing an example)

There is a lot of other weirdness in that forum, nothing concrete , but the movie being made about that house and its history have a lot of material to work with .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 1, 2016 5:01 AM

Here's another creepy fact, looming over that murder house, right in the backyard is Ennis House . designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, in a style known as Mayan Revival, what better place for human sacrifices, right? The picture in the link is literally the view from the Perelsons livingroom window, it's literally the backyard view.The Ennis House was the facade used in the 1959 film "The House on Haunted Hill" and has been featured in hundreds of movies and television show, everything from South Park to Twin Peaks to Mullholland Drive, and has some very sinister links to Hollywood Satanists and even The Black Dahlia murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 1, 2016 5:24 AM

[quote] The Ennis House was the facade used in the 1959 film "The House on Haunted Hill" and has been featured in hundreds of movies and television show, everything from South Park to Twin Peaks to Mullholland Drive, and has some very sinister links to Hollywood Satanists and even The Black Dahlia murder.

Ennis house has nothing to do with the Black Dahlia. That's the Sowden house, house built by Lloyd Wright, FLW's son, on Franklin Avenue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 1, 2016 5:32 AM

How long before Ghost Adventures does a show from there?

by Anonymousreply 42April 1, 2016 5:38 AM

Here is a aerial view , giving a better idea of the Perelson's backyard view iof Ennis House, (it;s the one due south listed for 2,1million , . Imagine you could have a direct view right into the Perelson's livingroon if anyone wanted to see the murder that night. I wonder if there was sort of astrological significance to the night of December 6, 1959?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 1, 2016 5:56 AM

Well, it did says "links" to not "the site of the Black Dahlia murder" , but nice job of deflection there R41. you nitpicking old purist .

by Anonymousreply 44April 1, 2016 6:00 AM

Is this anywhere in the vicinity of Los Feliz Daycare?

by Anonymousreply 45April 1, 2016 6:42 AM

Here are a ton of photos of the inside. Some of the rooms look unsalvagable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 1, 2016 11:25 AM

There are four of these"murder" home within a fifty mile radius of where I live in NJ. Vacant and decaying. A couple of them were quite grand before the murders occurred. Is this something unique to American culture. WTF???

by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2016 11:38 AM

I love how the the link at r46 cheerily says "First time on the market in over 50 years!"

by Anonymousreply 48April 1, 2016 1:06 PM

The pic of one of the bathrooms looked awful.

by Anonymousreply 49April 1, 2016 1:15 PM

What about that cage balcony

by Anonymousreply 50April 1, 2016 1:16 PM

The ballroom area with the bar doesn't look too bad.

by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2016 1:18 PM

This article gives me more a little more info on the Perelsons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2016 3:23 AM

Americans can usually afford be picky about where they live, R47, so people avoid houses where murders occurred. Well, unless they're like Trent Reznor and so thirsty for publicity they pretend to record an album in Sharon Tate's old home and milk it for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2016 3:32 AM

[quote]Is this anywhere in the vicinity of Los Feliz Daycare?

We are planning a field trip to the site next week.

by Anonymousreply 54April 4, 2016 3:02 AM

Thanks, R46.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2020 5:28 AM

Los Feliz - Same neighborhood as the La Biancas.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2020 11:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!