Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CBS Changes Focus Of Democratic Debate To Terrorism

CBS said it will be significantly changing the focus of Saturday night’s presidential debate with Democratic candidates to focus more on questions about terrorism, national security, and foreign relations.

The New York Times reported that the change in focus came after several terrorists killed more than 100 people in Paris in seemingly coordinated attacks in six locations around the city. The Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, has claimed responsibility for the attacks, which many experts say tracks with their knowledge of the terrorist group’s strategies.

“This is exactly what the president is going to have to face,” Steve Capus, the executive editor of CBS News and the executive producer of CBS Evening News, told the Times.

Democrats have received criticism for scheduling a debate on Saturday night, a highly unusual move, at a time many weren’t expected to watch. It’s possible the Paris attacks will inspire a new audience for the debate.

Since the first Democratic debate last month, the field has narrowed, and tonight’s debate will only feature former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), and former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley. The debate will begin in Des Moines, Iowa at 9 p.m. Eastern time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2021 10:16 PM

Bernie's collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2015 8:01 PM

The Paris attack will end the campaigns of Sanders, Trump and Carson.

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2015 8:09 PM

I find it interesting that every article that I can find on the shift in focus neglects to mention the topics that were originally scheduled; wages and income-inequality. Senator Sanders was expected to gain momentum from that. Now, the Hawks are expected to triumph. I'm shocked. Shocked, I say. Personally, I am tired of being led by the hand into deepening conflict so the Infotainment and Defense Industry can expand their profits. If we are going to beat the drum, I suggest that the Pope be our moderator.

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2015 8:10 PM

[quote]The Paris attack will end the campaigns of Sanders, Trump and Carson.

Why Trump?

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2015 8:11 PM

Yeah, I think you guys are right, this will hurt Sanders. I like both Hillary and Bernie - shocking, I know! Is it even possible? But, yeah, Hillary's going to sound tough and hawkish and Sanders will - despite the Larry David esque talk-shouting, will look tame in comparison. I understand why CBS is doing this, but in the grand scheme of things acts of terrorism, as horrifying as they are, only directly impact a tiny fraction of the population. Hope they still make some room for domestic and economic issues.

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2015 8:14 PM

No doofus.....end of Hillary. She's goes whichever way the wind blows: Example:

I realize I voted for the Iraq invasion without all the necessary intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2015 8:17 PM

Have you seen Hillary without a wig? That's terror.

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2015 8:22 PM

Sorry, R6, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Having a debate focused on the threat of terrorism in which her opponents will be Sanders and O'Malley?? Come on, that is a HUGE win for Hillary. Not only will she sound hawkish, but she'll get to tout her foreign policy experience. This will actually allow Hillary to seem more "centrist" as she's recently had to - as you say - go which way the wind was blowing and pivot sharply left to appeal to the small, but very passionate far left of the party that's been energized by Bernie. If she didn't already, after this debate, she'll really have this one in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2015 8:25 PM

BENGHAZI-BENGHAZI-BENGHAZI !!!

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2015 8:29 PM

R8 When Trump is done with her - that'll be the real test.

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2015 8:35 PM

Trump's numbers are going to soar after this.

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2015 8:49 PM

I can't wait till Trump sends in the Marines.

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2015 9:03 PM

[quote]I realize I voted for the Iraq invasion without all the necessary intelligence.

That's not true at all. The Bush administration did that. Hillary and co. went on the intelligence they were given.

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2015 9:13 PM

[quote]When Trump is done with her

I'm shaking.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2015 9:14 PM

Yeah -- I think this will only help Trump. He's going to go on and on about bombing them and raking them with gunfire, and burning their houses, and then he will fall oddly silent because he's just cummed.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2015 9:27 PM

It will be interesting to hear Ben Carson's totally irrational take on it though. Like, vote for me and God will kill all the ISIS members so we don't have to do anything," or something ridiculous like that.

Trump's answer will be the usual, "I will hire experts - I know some fantastic people that are experts and they'll take care of it," along with, "They won't dare cross a President Trump. They'll just knock it off because they'll KNOOOW that I won't let it go like President Obama and all the other candidates would. They won't dare go against President Trump, because they'll know I mean business. "

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2015 10:04 PM

This is the end of the cunt. That is if they had a moderator that was going to ask her tough questions about being the SOS for the last four years. I wonder if the moderator met with the candidates again to give them an update on the new questions. Do you think cunt Clinton will blame it on a YouTube video again? Call Assad of Syria a "real reformer"? Say starting another war in Libya was good for long term policies? God she's an incompetent cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2015 10:41 PM

Finally Hillary told the truth - that she lacks intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2015 11:26 PM

Hillary wouldn't know the truth if it came and shit in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2015 11:59 PM

R18, no, she pretty much impresses as the smartest of them all, both D and R.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2015 12:03 AM

I'd rather hear about the economy. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2015 12:23 AM

They'll probably do the economy next time.

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2015 12:23 AM

R17, do you really think, after 11 hours of testimony in front of the buffoonish Republicans on the Benghazi Select Committee that she can't handle a few questions on foreign policy from the likes of Dickerson? I guess we'll see. I think you'll be eating your words and hope you'll come back to admit your bias, but I'm not holding my breath.

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2015 12:35 AM

She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2015 12:37 AM

R6 she has absolutely no principles beyond bombing things.

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2021 10:05 PM

R25 is a rancid fascist cunt whose HDS is STILL raging out of control 4.5 years after she lost the 2016 election.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2021 10:10 PM

Uh oh!

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote] she lost the 2016 election.

Thanks, I’m hard now.

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2021 10:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!