Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BGM: Bad Gay Movies = Bitchy Gay Men

Which one of you bitches does this?

It's a passingly funny take off of How Did This Get Made, focusing on a bunch of queens in Toronto throwing shade at various and sundry gay films. Some of the targets are good, like Casper Andreas bullshit and Eating Out, but some of it feels like punching down.

Their current target is the poor man's Latter Days, The Falls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2018 7:14 PM

They have an entire talk show about how bad gay movies are?

Why don't they must make a good movie? They're the worst gay stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2015 7:08 PM

What do we spend our time doing here, R1?

My problem with it is that it's not consistently funny, and I disagree with some of their choices as bad movies. Not all of them are great, but not all of them are Eating Out either.

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2015 7:12 PM

Usually, what makes gay movies really unwatchable is the acting.

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2015 7:25 PM

They've covered several Charlie David films, R3. Although I actually did like Judas Kiss.

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2015 7:32 PM

We talk about everything here, r1.

But data loungers don't commit themselves to a profession with advertisers to bitch about movie quality for one niche alone.

At 46 episodes with advertisers, they could have made a good movie by now!

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2015 7:33 PM

Charlie David is the Susan Hayward of queer cinema!

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2015 7:33 PM

[quote]At 46 episodes with advertisers, they could have made a good movie by now!

The only sponsor I think I've heard from is from some sex toy website. They're not exactly Welcome to Night Vale or Serial.

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2015 7:44 PM

Given 99% of people have never heard of these films, why bother? It's not like anyone was settling out to make A Passage to India here.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2015 7:55 PM

Figured this might pique some interest. In their latest episode, they cover "Mame."

How Did This Get Made? was going to tackle Mame, but Gary Morton talked them out of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2016 1:36 PM

Just a Question of Love is a very good film.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2016 2:15 PM

Meh ........... Even crap like Eating Out and Another Gay Movie have their moments. I usually don't go into watching a 'gay movie' with more of a expectation that some eye candy. Most can achieve that minor expectation.

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2016 5:29 PM

With the more current films, they have no problems. But to put films like Making Love and Suddenly, Last Summer, both excellent films, alongside crap like Eating Out and eCupid shows how desperate they are to extend this gimmick past its 15 undeserved minutes.

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2016 5:35 PM

lol @ DLers just seeeeeeething at people who are bitchier and wittier than they are

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2016 1:34 PM

I am glad someone gives bad gay movies due attention. Its sad when some loser makes a movie and nobody notices.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2016 1:43 PM

I am now sure that at least one of the hosts posts here.

They had a "When did I eat corn" joke in their most recent episode.

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2018 4:49 PM

I enjoyed Another Gay Movie. I laughed out loud several times.

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2018 4:59 PM

I appreciate the trashy value movies like Another Gay Movie provide. The sequel with Perez Hilton and a mostly new cast was pure shit though. And I thought the Eating Out sequel was pretty entertaining, too. The later ones (Eating Out) became a bit of a mess by making them more of an LGBT ensemble franchise and the low budget just turned into amateur hour you try to avoid as stage plays (friends try to push on you because they cast in them).

And I maybe I am the only one, but I think Casper Andreas' Between Love & Goodbye, The Big Gay Musical, Violet Tendencies, and Going Down in LA-LA Land are pretty great movies. Slutty Summer & Four Letter Word are pretty decent (but yeah, not as good as the other ones).

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2018 5:21 PM

I think Going Down in LA-LA Land is pretty good, at least if you're grading on a curve. I did like his Kiss Me, Kill Me, just so long as you ignore Gale Harold's terrible performance.

by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2018 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!