Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stupid lines from pop songs

I'll start. REM's Losing My Religion: "I think I thought I saw you cry."

by Anonymousreply 176April 4, 2020 2:22 AM

Kindly top: "I've been to Nice and the Isle of Greece."

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2015 2:41 PM

"How can you Marys tell me what to do, when you lost your love so true?"

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2015 2:44 PM

This one has always annoyed me especially since its in a song that I actually kind of like...

Jewel, Foolish Games-

"You'd teach me of honest things, Things that were daring, things that were clean. Things that knew what an honest dollar did mean."

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2015 3:05 PM

In the desert you can remember your name,

Cause there ain't no one gor to give you no pain.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2015 3:13 PM

There ain't no one for to give you no pain.

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2015 3:16 PM

..when you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything, that's what Julie Andrews told me

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2015 3:17 PM

"You peep things in me no one sees, you hold it down fo she-e-zy."

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2015 3:32 PM

Yo they tell I'm a trooper. And you know I'm satisfied. I do yoga and pilates. And the room is full of hotties.

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2015 3:32 PM

Shooby-doo-wop and scooby snacks, met a fly girl and I can't relax.

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2015 5:25 PM

Summertime girls are the kind I like, I'll steal your honey like I stole your bike.

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2015 5:27 PM

The Killers 'Are we humans or are we dancer".

The silly twat who wrote it said he was free to do what he wanted with grammar and words. Dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2015 5:28 PM

I love you like a fat kid loves cake.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2015 5:31 PM

"She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went"

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2015 5:36 PM

It goes without saying that “MacArthur Park” and “You’re So Vain” own this thread, but of course there’s more.

One particularly horrible stanza from Bobby Goldsboro’s schlocky “Honey” is as follows:

"She wrecked the car and she was sad and so afraid that I’d be mad, but what the heck. Though I pretended hard to be, guess you could say she saw through me and hugged my neck."

Cunt DESERVED to be taken away by the fuckin’ angels.

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2015 5:38 PM

SHE HAD DUMPS LIKE A TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK/ THIGHS LIKE WHAT WHAT WHAT/ BABY MOVE YOUR BUTT BUTT BUTT/ THINK I'LL SING IT AGAIN/ SHE HAD DUMPS LIKE A TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK/ THIGHS LIKE WHAT WHAT WHAT/ ALL NIGHT LONG/ LET ME SEE THAT THONG!

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2015 5:58 PM

"Am I original? Yeah!

Am I the only one? Yeah!

Am I sexual? Yeah!"

Awful, sexist, douchebag trash aimed by pederasts at 12-year-old girls who are the product of the declining standards of arts education in America.

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2015 6:01 PM

This song's lyrics are so vile in their heteronormativity and sexism while advocating codependency and suggesting that wives should have to tolerate domestic violence, I can't even type them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2015 6:02 PM

The Doors' "Touch Me"

"Now, I'm gonna love you Till the heavens stop the rain I'm gonna love you Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I"

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2015 6:14 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen Mr. Justin Timberlake's " Mirrors":

-Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul

-It's like you're my mirror My mirror staring back at me I couldn't get any bigger With anyone else beside of me

-Ooh I can't ever change without you, you reflect me, I love that about you

-Yesterday is history Tomorrow's a mystery

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2015 6:20 PM

"Jeremiah was a bulldog, was a good friend of mine" - Three Dog Night, "Joy to the World" What the FUCK does that mean!

All the lyrics to "A Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procal Harem set my teeth on edge.

"He had a daughter he called Easter, she was born on Tuesday night" - Sheryl Crowe, "Every Day is a Winding Road"

ALL the lyrics to "A Change Would do You Good" by S Crow. "Scully and Angel on the kitchen floor?" WTF! Ugh.

Second Madonna's "Deeper and Deeper." Great melody, inane lyrics.

ALL of Duran Duran's lyrics. "Shake up the picture with your lizard mixture with your dance on the evening tide?" ("New Moon on Monday"). Fuck you, Simon. You're hot but dumb.

That Umbrella-ella-ella song by Rhianna...UUUUUGH!

"Music" by Madonna. "The bourgeoisie and the rebel?"

Pretty much everything by Sting, but especially "This Cowboy Song," "When We Dance," and the oh so edgy, "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" ("You could say I lost my faith in our politicians, they all seems like like game show hosts to me" REVOLUTIONARY),

Worst smug lyric - Sting, "Poor over everything on my CV and you'll still know nothin' bout me." ("Nothing 'Bout Me").

Reminds me, Sting's daughter sucks, too: "Oh oh oh, who holds the shell shall me caesar, you can even get written on your T-shirt" ("Caesar").

I'd willingly jump into a grease fire to forget these lyrics,

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2015 6:33 PM

"Lucky that my lips not only mumble, they spill kisses like a fountain, lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains."

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2015 6:35 PM

*pour not poor.

and "shall be Casear."

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2015 6:38 PM

Can't remember the song exactly (I think it's by MC Hammer), but there some line about "love" and going out to buy "Dove" (soap, I assume).

Also, Madonna's Papa, Don't Preach has the line "I'm in trouble deep." This is an example of switching words just to make it rhyme--but it doesn't make sense this way. Who ever says, "I'm in trouble deep?"

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2015 7:04 PM

R23, don't forget Madonna's "Don't Stop:" "Feel in it your body, sing la-de-da-de." Lazy writing, but it's just a filler track.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2015 7:13 PM

And the Christmas bells that ring there Are the clanging sound of doom, Well tonight, thank God, it's them instead of you!

- Do They Know It's Christmas

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2015 7:23 PM

ALL songs by Duran Duran don't actually make sense.

Most songs by Sting don't make sense either. He puts in a few intellectual words and references here and there--but they still don't make sense

by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2015 7:24 PM

I'm Still A Woman To Me by Lynda Carter

by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2015 8:37 PM

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be close to you.

by Anonymousreply 28November 10, 2015 8:54 PM

Nothing tops The Reflex by Duran Duran. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 29November 10, 2015 9:03 PM

Is the word bitch censored on DL?

by Anonymousreply 30November 10, 2015 9:06 PM

[quote] Kindly top: "I've been to Nice and the Isle of Greece."

It's isles of Greece, Greece is on the mainland but known for the thousands of islands it also has.

by Anonymousreply 31November 10, 2015 9:22 PM

[quote]It goes without saying that “MacArthur Park” and “You’re So Vain” own this thread

It should go without saying that your taste is in your ass. The lyrics to “You’re So Vain” are quite clever.

by Anonymousreply 32November 10, 2015 9:26 PM

"Guilty feet have got no rhythm." Really???

- George Michael

by Anonymousreply 33November 10, 2015 9:26 PM

Actually, R22, it's "pore," not "pour" in R20. Should be:

[quote]Pore over everything on my CV and you'll still know nothin' bout me.

by Anonymousreply 34November 10, 2015 9:29 PM

[quote]"Jeremiah was a bulldog, was a good friend of mine" - Three Dog Night, "Joy to the World" What the FUCK does that mean!

This has been often explained. Hoyt Axton who wrote it was trying to sell the melody and was asked to come up with some lyrics on the spur of the moment. He had no idea what the actual words would be. Later he went back and changed the lyric to "Jeremiah was a prophet..."

Later when it was recorded, the producers didn't like it and told him to go back to the silly lyrics he had originally. Three Dog Night also thought the "silly lyrics" made the song sound better.

This is done a lot, Ellie Greenwich who co-wrote "Do Ron Ron" said, they had every intention of going back and thinking of words to replace "Do Ron Ron," as it was just a place holder till they thought of something better. Then she says "Thank goodness we couldn't think of anything better."

by Anonymousreply 35November 10, 2015 9:35 PM

[quote]Jeremiah was a bulldog

Wasn't he a bull[italic]frog[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 36November 10, 2015 9:44 PM

R8 and R24 win. Also "moves like Jagger"?

by Anonymousreply 37November 10, 2015 9:47 PM

Thank you, R35 and yes, I meant to type "bullFROG," R36!

Still hate the lyric.

And the poster upthread who mentioned The Reflex...yes, it's awful, but ALL their lyrics, particularly from that album, Seven and the Ragged Tiger (and WTF IS THAT) are like that.

by Anonymousreply 38November 10, 2015 9:54 PM

[quote] Ellie Greenwich who co-wrote "Do Ron Ron"

That's "[italic]Da[/italic] Doo Ron Ron."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 10, 2015 9:59 PM

Baby, you're a firework!

by Anonymousreply 40November 10, 2015 10:01 PM

So tell me have you ever really

Really, really ever loved a woman?

by Anonymousreply 41November 10, 2015 10:07 PM

I know I'll be hated for this, but whenever I heard "Ra ra oh la la! Ra ra oh gaga" from DL fave Lady Gaga's Bad Romance , it makes me want to stick knitting needles in my ears.

by Anonymousreply 42November 10, 2015 10:15 PM

*hear

by Anonymousreply 43November 10, 2015 10:15 PM

[quote]I'm Still A Woman To Me by Lynda Carter

The lyric is "cause she's always a woman like me". Still fucking stupid though.

by Anonymousreply 44November 10, 2015 10:18 PM

I love me some him.

by Anonymousreply 45November 10, 2015 10:23 PM

I gotta shake it off just like the Calgon commercial I really gotta get up outta here and go somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 46November 10, 2015 10:26 PM

Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole lot of sonnets.

by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2015 10:31 PM

da da da, da da da, da da da, da da da da da da I do not love you, you love me not da da da I do not love you, you love me not da da da I do not love you, you love me not da da da I do not love you, you love me not da da da, da da da, da da da, da da da

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2015 10:37 PM

Thanks R20 about Madonna's when you know the notes to sing.

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2015 10:41 PM

They'll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Xmas especially long long ago.

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2015 10:47 PM

R48, Aw, I find Trio quite droll!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2015 10:49 PM

"If I knocked the "L" out of Kelly, sure he's knock the "L" out of me!"

by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2015 10:52 PM

Unless her trick ejaculated on her head, then I suggest "I'm going to wash that man right out of my hair" is inane.

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2015 10:52 PM

The ringing of your laughter it sounds like a melody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2015 10:58 PM

W&W for R53!

by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2015 10:58 PM

"Songs she sang to me, notes she brang to me."

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2015 11:01 PM

Phil Collin's song "Sussudio" what the hell word is that?

by Anonymousreply 57November 10, 2015 11:08 PM

FANK You, R57! I always wondered.

How about: She wants to multiply! Are you gonna do it? She wants to be your bride! Are you gonna do it? The Power Station, 'Some Like it Hot.'

(RIP, Robert Palmer)

by Anonymousreply 58November 10, 2015 11:10 PM

Can't believe no one's mentioned "my pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola" Lana Del Rey.

by Anonymousreply 59November 10, 2015 11:12 PM

[R47] Full phrase: When she gets buzzed, she stings like a hawnet. Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole lot of sonnets.

by Anonymousreply 60November 10, 2015 11:14 PM

Strange illuminated mannequins~alphaville

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 10, 2015 11:15 PM

Everybody Wang Chung tonight ????

by Anonymousreply 62November 10, 2015 11:17 PM

"Alligator lizards in the air" America

by Anonymousreply 63November 10, 2015 11:20 PM

"I gave you the finger, you took me to dinner"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 10, 2015 11:21 PM

Voted in grey gloves..to Germany with love.

The Mozart rip at the end is indeed priceless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 10, 2015 11:21 PM

Coated in grey gloves..to Germany with love

by Anonymousreply 66November 10, 2015 11:23 PM

Niel Diamond's "Play Me" -- Song she sang to me / Song she brang to me / Words that rang in me, / Rhyme that sprang from me

Brang? That must have sprang from Neil Diamond, 'cuz there ain't no such word as brang!

by Anonymousreply 67November 10, 2015 11:24 PM

"You do the walk, you do the walk of life" - Dire Straits. What is the walk of life? Hate the song and video.

by Anonymousreply 68November 10, 2015 11:24 PM

I took my love and took it down, first line of Landslide.

by Anonymousreply 69November 10, 2015 11:24 PM

I only wanna die alive. Song by Ariana Grande.

by Anonymousreply 70November 10, 2015 11:31 PM

We can dance, we can dance, everybody look at your hands.

Well it's safety dance! Well it's safety dance.

by Anonymousreply 71November 10, 2015 11:35 PM

“She sits / At the Ritz / With her splits / Of Mumm’s / And starts to pine / For a stein / With her Village chums / But with her Schlitz / In her mitts / Down at Fitz- / Roy’s Bar, she thinks of the Ritz, oh / It’s so schizo.”

by Anonymousreply 72November 10, 2015 11:40 PM

"Don't you wanna dance with somebody who loves MEEEEEEE!" Since you're asking me Whitney the answer is "no", I don't give a fuck if the person I'm dancing with loves YOU, you egotistical bitch.

by Anonymousreply 73November 10, 2015 11:41 PM

Turn on your heart light Neil dion about movie E.T.

Howard Stern started a let's not let Neil Diamond go to movies anymore crusade. Remember that?

by Anonymousreply 74November 10, 2015 11:46 PM

Warm leatherette. .a tear of petrol is in your eye, with a handbrake and a trace of your thigh

Quick, let's make love before you die

by Anonymousreply 75November 10, 2015 11:51 PM

Let's build a madman nation, learn and work as never yet...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 10, 2015 11:57 PM

[quote] “She sits / At the Ritz / With her splits / Of Mumm’s / And starts to pine / For a stein / With her Village chums / But with her Schlitz / In her mitts / Down at Fitz- / Roy’s Bar, she thinks of the Ritz, oh / It’s so schizo.”

Talk about overcooked.

by Anonymousreply 77November 11, 2015 12:00 AM

"Came a telegram/Mama passed away while making homemade jam"

"Laying in the grass writing poetry looking at the midnight sun while you're making love to me"

by Anonymousreply 78November 11, 2015 12:02 AM

Lord knows we ain't got money, I'm so in love with my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 79November 11, 2015 12:04 AM

A lot of these are complaints about poetic phrasing by people who are too literal.

by Anonymousreply 80November 11, 2015 12:07 AM

R77 It's actually very clever, in a silly way.

by Anonymousreply 81November 11, 2015 12:12 AM

I want your sex

by Anonymousreply 82November 11, 2015 12:14 AM

And when the radical priest comes to get us released, we is all on the cover of Newsweek

by Anonymousreply 83November 11, 2015 12:14 AM

The best soy latte that you ever had in me.

by Anonymousreply 84November 11, 2015 12:15 AM

I'm the one who wants to love you more

by Anonymousreply 85November 11, 2015 12:16 AM

Well I'll be goddamed you.

by Anonymousreply 86November 11, 2015 12:17 AM

I drove all night to get to you. Is that alright?

by Anonymousreply 87November 11, 2015 12:19 AM

Baby, I'm a want you!

Baby, I'm a knee choo!

by Anonymousreply 88November 11, 2015 12:20 AM

Baby. Hey baby, don't get me in here acting silly now. Ha ha ha, you're not taping this are you? HE-HE!!!!Edit.

by Anonymousreply 89November 11, 2015 12:25 AM

R83, that's a great line.

by Anonymousreply 90November 11, 2015 12:31 AM

R83 it is a great line, I agree

by Anonymousreply 91November 11, 2015 12:39 AM

I will call you Betty and Betty when you can call me, you can caaaaaaalll meeeee Al! - Paul Simon

Simon and Chevy Chase were both extremely annoying in the video.

by Anonymousreply 92November 11, 2015 12:44 AM

R87, that's a song by Roy Orbison covered by Celine and also Cyndi Lauper.

by Anonymousreply 93November 11, 2015 12:49 AM

Yeah, but Sussudio is still a kick ass song, R57.

by Anonymousreply 94November 11, 2015 12:57 AM

R89, what do you mean? That's the best part of Rhythm Nation 1814!

by Anonymousreply 95November 11, 2015 12:57 AM

R87 fanks. I'd always thought it was written by someone like me taking that 6 hr. Drive from LI up to Montreal

by Anonymousreply 96November 11, 2015 1:00 AM

[quote] It's actually very clever, in a silly way.

It's clever clever, and entirely too pleased with itself.

by Anonymousreply 97November 11, 2015 1:04 AM

Your father's gone looking to find him a job / Your grandmother sends all her welfare to God / Your brother's been taking it out on the dog / So don't run away from me now.

by Anonymousreply 98November 11, 2015 1:06 AM

In a town where I was born Lived a man who sailed to sea And he told us of his life In the land of submarines

So we sailed up to the sun Till we found the sea of green And we lived beneath the waves In our yellow submarine

We all live in a yellow submarine Yellow submarine, yellow submarine We all live in a yellow submarine Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

And our friends are all on board Many more of them live next door And the band begins to play

We all live in a yellow submarine Yellow submarine, yellow submarine We all live in a yellow submarine Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

[Full speed ahead, Mr. Parker, full speed ahead! Full speed over here, sir! Action station! Action station! Aye, aye, sir, fire! Heaven! Heaven!]

As we live a life of ease (A life of ease) Everyone of us (Everyone of us) has all we need (Has all we need) Sky of blue (Sky of blue) and sea of green (Sea of green) In our yellow (In our yellow) submarine (etc)

by Anonymousreply 99November 11, 2015 1:08 AM

More Winning Lyrics by Boomtown Rats

The silicon chip inside her head Gets switched to overload. And nobody's gonna go to school today, She's going to make them stay at home. And daddy doesn't understand it, He always said she was as good as gold. And he can see no reason 'Cause there are no reasons What reason do you need to be shown?

Tell me why? I don't like Mondays. Tell me why? I don't like Mondays. Tell me why? I don't like Mondays. I want to shoot The whole day down.

The telex machine is kept so clean As it types to a waiting world. And mother feels so shocked, Father's world is rocked, And their thoughts turn to Their own little girl. Sweet 16 ain't so peachy keen, No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat. They can see no reasons 'Cause there are no reasons What reason do you need to be shown?

Tell me why? I don't like Mondays. Tell me why? I don't like Mondays. Tell me why? I don't like Mondays. I want to shoot The whole day down.

All the playing's stopped in the playground now She wants to play with her toys a while. And school's out early and soon we'll be learning And the lesson today is how to die. And then the bullhorn crackles, And the captain crackles, With the problems and the how's and why's. And he can see no reasons......

by Anonymousreply 100November 11, 2015 1:22 AM

r100, what's wrong with that song, which seems to make perfect sense, rhymes nicely, documents history and has a good melody? Agreed, not the best dance tune, but . . . ?

by Anonymousreply 101November 11, 2015 1:25 AM

[quote]A lot of these are complaints about poetic phrasing by people who are too literal.

I hope you don't include Neil Diamond's use of the word 'brang' in that.

by Anonymousreply 102November 11, 2015 1:35 AM

LFO's Summer Girls basically owns this thread.

"Stayed all summer then went back home, Macauly Culkin wasn't home alone."

"Fell deep in love but now we ain't speakin, Michael J. Fox was Alex P. Keaton."

"There was a good man named Paul Revere, I feel much better baby when you're near."

"Call you up but what's the use , I like Kevin Bacon but I hate Footloose."

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

by Anonymousreply 103November 11, 2015 1:41 AM

O bla dee o bla da, life goes o-on

La la la la life goes on

by Anonymousreply 104November 11, 2015 1:50 AM

This is that ice cold Michelle Pfeiffer that white gold...and I'm bad about that money...Uptown funk you up

by Anonymousreply 105November 11, 2015 1:54 AM

I did it all for the nookie. The nookie. So you can take that cookie and stick it up your yeah! Stick it up your yeah! Stick it up your yeah!

by Anonymousreply 106November 11, 2015 2:06 AM

By the time I get to Phoenix, she'll be rising...

Yeah, like from the ashes of her abusive relationship with passive-aggressive YOU

by Anonymousreply 107November 11, 2015 2:19 AM

You'd better look before you leap. Still waters run deep. So smile for a while and let's be jolly

by Anonymousreply 108November 11, 2015 2:22 AM

r101 I Don't Like Mondays - it is the only 'song' that ever incited sympathy in me for the knuckleheads who 'sang' it. I used to wince at Geldof trying to pass himself off as a credible lead vocalist.

by Anonymousreply 109November 11, 2015 2:24 AM

Oh my god, debbie, are you having a really bad period?

by Anonymousreply 110November 11, 2015 2:25 AM

Oh my god, debbie, are you having a really bad period?

by Anonymousreply 111November 11, 2015 2:25 AM

Get it on. BAngie a gong. You're dirty and sweet and you're my girl

by Anonymousreply 112November 11, 2015 2:30 AM

It hides a mess of stains just lying there

by Anonymousreply 113November 11, 2015 2:31 AM

The Kesha song Tik Tok which includes the lyric, "We kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger." What??!! The man looks like a prune.

by Anonymousreply 114November 11, 2015 2:34 AM

I'm such a baby and the Dolphins made me cry - Hootie & The Blowfish

War war is stupid and people are stupid - Culture Club

Get out of my dreams, get into my car - Billy Ocean

by Anonymousreply 115November 11, 2015 2:49 AM

"Never Ever", All Saints:

"A few questions that I need to know..." and a few answers that she needs to ask, presumably.

by Anonymousreply 116November 11, 2015 3:18 AM

R59, that's probably Lana's most ridiculous lyric. And that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 117November 11, 2015 3:21 AM

Just like the white winged dove

Sings a song

Sounds like she's singin'

ooh ooh ooh

Just like the white winged dove

Sings a song

Sounds like she's singin'

Ooh, baby, ooh

Say ooh

by Anonymousreply 118November 11, 2015 3:28 AM

There are BAD stupid lyrics and there are GOOD stupid lyrics. "Bang A Gong" had good stupid lyrics. "Do They Know It's Christmas?" has very bad stupid lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 119November 11, 2015 3:39 AM

867-5309

by Anonymousreply 120November 11, 2015 3:43 AM

R119, agreex. Just trying to keep an awesome thread going..

You won't fiND roses growing on stocks of clover, so you'd better think it over

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 11, 2015 4:02 AM

R119, agreex. Just trying to keep an awesome thread going..

You won't fiND roses growing on stocks of clover, so you'd better think it over

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 11, 2015 4:02 AM

I am the eggman, they are the eggmen I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob goo goo g' joob

by Anonymousreply 123November 11, 2015 4:13 AM

R100 song lyrics are perfectly credible. It was based on an actual quote from a 16 year old girl who shot up her elementary school. When they asked her why she said "I don't like Mondays"

Maybe you can accuse them of being a little too lyrics but to me it's pretty much spot on.

by Anonymousreply 124November 11, 2015 4:19 AM

a little too literal

by Anonymousreply 125November 11, 2015 4:20 AM

GIRL FLEX! TIME TO HAVE SEX!

by Anonymousreply 126November 11, 2015 4:23 AM

How about this classic:

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk All that junk inside your trunk

I'm get get get get you drunk Get you love drunk off my hump My hump my hump my hump my hump my hump

by Anonymousreply 127November 11, 2015 4:26 AM

Smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh noooooo!

by Anonymousreply 128November 11, 2015 4:34 AM

"In the desert you can remember your name,

for there ain't no one for to give you no pain.

America, Horse With No Name.

What does this even mean?

by Anonymousreply 129November 11, 2015 4:46 AM

OP, you have the lyrics wrong, hahaha. Well, maybe the song won't bother you so much now.

by Anonymousreply 130November 11, 2015 4:48 AM

It's like Romeo and Juliet, hot sex on a platter just to make you sweat.

by Anonymousreply 131November 11, 2015 4:52 AM

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

by Anonymousreply 132November 11, 2015 5:02 AM

That Brian Adams Xmas song and anything by Jobn Bon Vovi where he's "gonna live his life"

by Anonymousreply 133November 11, 2015 5:26 AM

"Something 'bout you right here beside me / Touches the touched part of me like I can't believe."

by Anonymousreply 134November 11, 2015 12:09 PM

I'm still a woman to me - Lynda Carter

by Anonymousreply 135November 11, 2015 12:28 PM

Interpol sound good, but the lyrics are always dumb as shit

by Anonymousreply 136November 11, 2015 12:30 PM

I am I said. To no one there. Not even the chair.

by Anonymousreply 137November 11, 2015 1:20 PM

R132, I know I'm in the minority, but I love Wonderful Christmastime. It reminds me of being 12 and hearing this spacey sounding song from another era.

And I adore Stella's designs! Fluid, classic but modern, androgynous and yet feminine, too.

by Anonymousreply 138November 11, 2015 1:29 PM

I liked the old songs from Tin Pan Alley, cause they wouldn't usually accept a bad rhyme, but the result left some twisted, yet stupid, or brilliant, depending on how you look at it, lyrics.

Like:

Rubbing Elbows

With their swell beaus

or

Beans could get no keener reception in a beanery

Bless this mountain greenery home

by Anonymousreply 139November 11, 2015 2:40 PM

Get spelling check, a hearing aid, and an editor, R20

There's no particular order, just be certain to get all three of them.

by Anonymousreply 140November 11, 2015 2:57 PM

"Now that I've become who I really are"

by Anonymousreply 141November 11, 2015 3:13 PM

Sorry, R140, I got carried away before I could adequately composes my thought!

by Anonymousreply 142November 11, 2015 3:51 PM

COMPOSE, I meant!

by Anonymousreply 143November 11, 2015 3:53 PM

Like a willow I can bend.

by Anonymousreply 144November 11, 2015 3:58 PM

I don 't like cities

But I like New York

Other places make me feel like a dork

by Anonymousreply 145November 11, 2015 4:12 PM

My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling, I want you to play with my ding-a-ling.

by Anonymousreply 146November 11, 2015 5:25 PM

[quote]Howard Stern started a let's not let Neil Diamond go to movies anymore crusade. Remember that?

That's hilarious. Diamond has a couple dozen songs built around movies, and pretty much all of them suck. That bastard has one called "Don't Think, Feel" based on some Bruce Lee quote. Haven't listened to it but that's because I don't hate myself. It can't be good.

by Anonymousreply 147November 11, 2015 5:41 PM

" Your love is like a booger on my finger and I cannot flick it off." -- Merle Nares

by Anonymousreply 148November 11, 2015 6:47 PM

R145, that is terrible!

by Anonymousreply 149November 11, 2015 8:14 PM

Appreciate my ARTistry, bitch, R140!

by Anonymousreply 150November 11, 2015 10:13 PM

Oops that was for you, R149. I am an ARTISTE

by Anonymousreply 151November 11, 2015 10:14 PM

You call me sweet like I'm some kind of cheese

by Anonymousreply 152November 12, 2015 7:08 PM

R150, hahaha, did she actually write that line, I wonder! Or was it Dipblow?

by Anonymousreply 153November 12, 2015 8:52 PM

I've never been to ME!

by Anonymousreply 154November 12, 2015 9:11 PM

Listen 153, it's a scorcher of a tune and the lyric is so bad it's perfect, and that's why she'll be the first female pop billionairess.

by Anonymousreply 155November 12, 2015 9:38 PM

The ESL ones of the words. Think Germans or Austrians writing in English.

When we all give the power / we all give the best / every minute of an hour / don't think about the rest / and you all get the power / you all get the best / when everyone gets everything / and every song everybody sings / live is life (nanananana) / live is life (nanananana)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 12, 2015 9:45 PM

Ha! That should read "The ESL ones are the worst"

by Anonymousreply 157November 12, 2015 9:46 PM

I'm a big big girl in a big big world. It's not a big big thing if you leave me. But I do do do think I will will will miss you much, miss you much.

by Anonymousreply 158November 12, 2015 9:49 PM

I'm so stupid Because I used to live In a tiny bubble And I wanted to be Like all the pretty people That were all around me But now I know for sure That I was stupid Stupider than stupid Stupider than stupid Stupider than stupid

by Anonymousreply 159November 13, 2015 3:43 PM

The Bee Gees have a long history of just rhyming words that don't make any sense, but sometimes they also come up with a clunker without reaching for a rhyme.

[quote]It ought ta be ILLEGAL! Make it a crime to be lonely or sad!

by Anonymousreply 160November 13, 2015 4:06 PM

Bad girl, drunk by six, kissing someone else's lips - Madonna

by Anonymousreply 161November 13, 2015 4:38 PM

99% of all rap songs

by Anonymousreply 162November 13, 2015 6:12 PM

For you R162.

I PUT MY HAND UP ON MY HIP WHEN I DIP YOU DIP WE DIP!

COTTON CANDY SWEET AND LOW LET ME SEE THAT TOOSTIE ROLL!

COME ON RIDE THE TRAIN YOU CAN RIDE IT WHOO! WHOO!

by Anonymousreply 163November 13, 2015 6:27 PM

I kiss the morning goodbye

But down inside you know

We never know why

by Anonymousreply 164November 13, 2015 6:50 PM

"COME ON RIDE THE TRAIN YOU CAN RIDE IT WHOO! WHOO!"

"Pulling a train" is slang for a woman having sex with a lot of men, one right after the other. Gag.

by Anonymousreply 165November 13, 2015 11:56 PM

All aboard for moo moo land.

by Anonymousreply 166November 14, 2015 12:00 AM

[quote]"Pulling a train" is slang for a woman having sex with a lot of men, one right after the other.

No shit, R165.

by Anonymousreply 167November 14, 2015 12:02 AM

Shocked @R68, Knopfler's a great lyricist at times, and very inventive in a way not many of these others are. His true strength is characters and stories that are powerful enough to stand on their own no matter the lyric, but he's got some good lines to his name. He's got a lexicon and an imagery bank that's unusual and evocative, which you have to appreciate in a writer, even when it doesn't always click. A good example is the song 'Skateaway' from the album Making Movies, which has some brilliant verses mixed with a vaguer, weaker (not great) chorus lyric. Here's the first and second verses to show you how he writes. There's a lot of wordplay and dialogue, which gives it a humorous slant.

I seen a girl on a one-way corridor,//Stealing down a wrong-way street... For all the world like an urban Toreador,//She had wheels on her feet.. Well, the cars do the usual dances,//Same old cruise, and the kerbside crawl.. But the Rollergirl, she's taking chances,//And they just love to see her take them all...! .. Hallelujah, here she comes, Queen Rollerball!//"Enchante, what can I say?" "I don't care at all..." .. She tortures taxi drivers, just for fun,//She like to read their lips.. She says, "Toro-toro, Taxi, see ya t'morrow, my son!"//I swear she let a big truck grease her hip..

by Anonymousreply 168January 14, 2016 10:21 PM

Don't like cities

But I like New York

Other places make me feel like a dork

by Anonymousreply 169January 14, 2016 10:23 PM

Johnny hit and run Pauline

by Anonymousreply 170January 14, 2016 11:27 PM

Hot town, summer in the city

Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty

Been down, isn't it a pity

by Anonymousreply 171January 14, 2016 11:34 PM

And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo.

by Anonymousreply 172January 14, 2016 11:37 PM

[quote]Can't believe no one's mentioned "my pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola" Lana Del Rey.

I fail to see why that's a problem.

by Anonymousreply 173January 14, 2016 11:48 PM

"I am"... I said

To no one there

And no one heard at all

Not even the chair. _____________ This song was big when I was in college. It made me cringe every time I heard it.

by Anonymousreply 174January 14, 2016 11:49 PM

"The ants are my friends are blowin in the wind - the ants are a blowin in the wind".

by Anonymousreply 175January 15, 2016 12:26 AM

R118 It's so catchy tho. In fact, it's stuck in my head now.

by Anonymousreply 176April 4, 2020 2:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!