Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Terminally ill Star Wars fan dies days after getting to see "Force Awakens"

Wow, they really cut it close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2020 5:44 AM

"The Force Awakens". #Unfortunately-not

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2015 11:29 AM

I'm glad this happened for him.

However, in the few accounts I've read about this, there's no mention of whether or not he enjoyed it.

He was certainly glad to see it, but no word about what he may have thought of it. And none about whether he saw it alone, or accompanied. Probably signed consents beforehand, not to reveal any details.

Of course, all of this will become moot in a matter of weeks.

Not that I really care all that much. I mean, I want to see this film, eventually, but I can wait for it. Not like the millions of devotees who already have tickets. (And how could it ever measure up to their expectations? Remember the universal letdown about "The Phantom Menace?" These people will never be happy....

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2015 11:37 AM

That was the plot of the movie "Fanboys"!

Charming and funny movie, I recommend it to any nerd.

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2015 11:53 AM

Will he now reappear as a force ghost?

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2015 12:00 PM

lol r4

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2015 12:22 PM

[quote]Probably signed consents beforehand, not to reveal any details.

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2015 12:26 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2015 1:44 PM

Not a fan of the franchise and especially not of JJ, but I am glad the poor fellow got to see it.

RIP

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2015 2:04 PM

... imagine wasting your last wish on this?

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2020 4:14 AM

Imagine bumping this loser thread you utter cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2020 4:17 AM

[quote]... imagine wasting your last wish on this?

What were his other choices?

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2020 4:19 AM

Maybe it was bad... and the disappointment killed him?

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2020 5:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!