Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New ballet series Flesh and Bone

Cuntitude! Strippers! Anal sex! Tovah Feldshuh!

Oh, this is going to be delicious. Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2018 7:24 AM

Not doing so hot at Metacritic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2015 11:33 PM

It's definitely not the next Breaking Bad, but it's watchable. Some nice eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2015 11:37 PM

Basically, Black Swan without a good cast or script.

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2015 11:45 PM

Oh, I was looking forward to this for ages but I didn't even know it had started. Must be pretty bad considering the lack of promo & the fact it was originally supposed to be a regular series, then got cut back to a miniseries. However, I will check it out. Just looking for some trashy fluff with eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2015 12:10 AM

The reviews have been very good.

I am a sucker for all things ballet.

Ballet dancers (male & female) have the most perfect bodies IMO.

The long limbs with perfect leg muscles and the perfect ass.

Misha B's ass was a thing of beauty.

I've TiVo'd this but haven't watched it yet.

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2015 2:03 PM

They released the whole thing on demand on Sunday. I'm now four episodes in. It's certainly nothing special, but it's entertaining enough. I'm not sure why Starz is acting like this needed to be buried.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Ben Daniels is disappointingly camp. But I still love him. The show recycles a lot of the stuff from THE RED SHOES and CENTRE STAGE but I enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2015 9:15 PM

I just saw the first episode yesterday.

I was shocked the brother of the new dancer was jacking off while talking to her on the phone.

I assumed the lock on her bedroom door was to keep her father out not her brother.

Her brother's hot though.

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2015 9:21 PM

No, it's her brother she's avoiding.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2015 6:22 PM

Agreed on the beauty of the male form (Sasha Rafetsky, Botox aside, looked staggering) but what made me interested is how the women's bodies are trained for movement, not appearance. They're not Victoria's Secret models with no breasts. There are not really rock hard abs and super cut arms. They are much thinner, have no waists and have tiny yet soft asses. They look amazing, don't get me wrong, but the difference in athletic training and cosmetic training is marked among them.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2015 10:00 PM

Starz is apparently free On Demand today, so I'm watching the rest of the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2015 5:00 PM

I'm not crazy about the wise homeless guy.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2015 5:45 PM

It's such trash but I can't stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2015 6:48 PM

The theme song is the most obnoxious since Fiona Apple trying to be a 1930s blues singer in The Affair. Way to take a fun 80s song and make it boring, Karen.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2015 4:36 AM

Golden Globe nom! It was probably the last dance that did it.

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2015 12:49 PM

They have enough make up on Tovah that she almost looks younger

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2015 11:24 PM

[quote]Anal sex! Tovah Feldshuh!

Please don't ever use those words next to each other again. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2015 11:26 PM

I just watched the last episode.

WTF????

What did Claire have hidden in the box under the floorboards in her childhood bedroom ?

What did she shove in her sleeping father's mouth ?

by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2015 10:36 AM

The brother was seriously hot. She needed to just relax and enjoy his hotness.

by Anonymousreply 19March 11, 2016 8:34 AM

Any gay characters /gay sex scenes?

by Anonymousreply 20March 11, 2016 8:42 AM

This sounds icky.

by Anonymousreply 21March 11, 2016 8:46 AM

R20 of course.

To break it down a little:

The director of the ballet company is definitely one.

As for the male dancers, Trey is the only one with a recurring speaking role, but you can count that other male dancers may be.

The only sex scenes are between the director and his younger boytoy; I think there are 2 scenes within the series.

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2016 8:10 AM

Has anyone else discovered this show since it was first released?

I watched all 8 eps last weekend, and would love to discuss it!

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2018 11:13 AM

I loved the series. Too bad it ended so suddenly. I felt bad for what happened to the hot brother.

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2018 11:20 AM

[quote] What did Claire have hidden in the box under the floorboards in her childhood bedroom ? What did she shove in her sleeping father's mouth ?

It was the hosital bracelet from the baby she and her brother conceived. Claire didn't even look at the baby after birth, and it was immediately taken away and put up for adoption.

But yeah, a lot of people on the internet have admitted they thought there would be a gross mummified baby in that box, as did I.

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2018 7:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!