Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shows I've stopped watching

I stopped Empire, How to Get Away with Murder, and The Affair.

I had about 9 hours of these shows waiting on my TIVO and I realized I didn't want to waste my brain on them anymore.

I've continued to watch Quantico because the plot is rather straightforward even though it's utterly ridiculous--although this may be the next to go.

This season, I'm still watching Homeland because it just keeps getting better and better each year. Blackish also remains good. Modern Family got stale a few years back but I keep it on TIVO because it's so gay-friendly. It may go too.

by Anonymousreply 124February 28, 2021 3:31 PM

I'm taking a break on HTGAWM and Empire. I stopped watching Quantico because it's homophobic. Censoring a gay kiss in this day and age is something they shouldn't get away with. Sadly there's no outrage from GLAAD or the SJWs on tumblr who claim they're LGBT allies. apparently they only care about LGBT issues if it involves lesbians or trans women of color.

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2015 3:29 PM

Watercooler shows are the TV equivalent of the jock who peaks in high school.

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2015 3:29 PM

The first episode had a gay kiss. No censorship there.

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2015 3:34 PM

I quit HTGAWM and Homeland--although I may binge Homeland later. I'm about ready to quit Empire, and I did decide to quit Quantico--I was getting bored.

I love comics, but I quit Gotham, Arrow, and Flash. Just not my thing for TV anymore. I'm going to give Supergirl a chance.

The scripted shows I currently watch and enjoy are THE AFFAIR, THE LEFTOVERS, THE RETURNED, PLEASE LIKE ME, FRESH OFF THE BOAT, BLACK-ISH...and I guess, Modern Family and The Walking Dead, even those annoy me sometimes.

I'm looking forward to new seasons of ORPHAN BLACK and Downton Abbey (another that annoys me sometimes) and of course, the returns of The X-Files, Gilmore Girls, and Twin Peaks.

by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2015 3:41 PM

I quit "Empire", "The Walking Dead", "Gotham".

I'm surprised people quit "How to Get Away With Murder", IMO the second season has been stronger than the first, though maybe they quit during the first season which is understandable.

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2015 4:00 PM

EMPIRE and GOTHAM: both, due to poor writing and becoming inconsistent and dull during their sophomore seasons. They're the only network series that I watch, which is just as well.

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2015 4:37 PM

Last year was my big "dropping TV shows" year... I dropped a lot of them, including Bones and Once Upon A Time and half a dozen others I don't even remember.

This year seems to be the year I take on a bunch more. Though I doubt some of them will last more than one year.

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2015 4:39 PM

I like The Affair better this year than last.

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2015 4:43 PM

American Horror Story. Hated Freakshow and not feeling Hotel either.

Homeland was saved by last season after a horrible season 3. The new season so far has kept me intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2015 4:51 PM

Homeland? A bunch of CIA propaganda, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2015 4:54 PM

My problem with How To Get Away w Murder is that there is not one character--not one--that I'm happy to see when he/she comes on screen. It's why I have not given up on Empire.; I'm still interested when Cookie, Lucious or Jamal come on, and I'm willing to put up with the oldest brother's bipolar baptism and the youngest brother's attempts at acting.

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2015 4:59 PM

[quote]I'm willing to put up with the oldest brother's bipolar baptism and the youngest brother's attempts at acting.

This made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 12November 9, 2015 5:01 PM

Quantico. Too stupid.

I started to watch Murder again. Because Connor. But I hate his hair.

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2015 6:28 PM

Dool

by Anonymousreply 14November 9, 2015 6:29 PM

I'm behind on Empire but haven't given up. Why did you give up, OP?

The one I refuse to revisit is American Horror Story. Stopped in the middle of last season because it was just so stupid, and not remotely scary. Also refuse to watch Scream Queens. People are talking about these shows this season but I'm like "No. Never again with Ryan Murphy."

by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2015 6:38 PM

R15, I gave up on Empire because I could literally feel my brain melting away as I watched it. Even though I like Cookie, they use her far too often--she seems to be in every scene. The plot has been ludicrous since season one but it just keeps getting worse.

Plus, why is it obviously shot in Chicago yet they keep saying they're in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2015 6:53 PM

I watched The Affair last season but figured it couldn't go anywhere else plotwise. Has something suddenly changed with season 2?

by Anonymousreply 17November 9, 2015 6:54 PM

Watching Getting On on HBO--hilarious

by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2015 6:58 PM

Gave up on AHS, Scream Queens, Gotham, Quantico, and Limitless.

by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2015 6:58 PM

You guys liked Homeland S4? I thought it was so boring - I just stopped. It feels like a different show in S4. Im glad Brody is dead finally...he annoyed the shit out of me. Also, Did we ever find out who bombed the cia 2 seasons ago?

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2015 7:00 PM

i basically stopped watching anything "relevant". HTGAWM is like any other Shonda show: a little goes a looooong way, you just know they're ready to change motivations and psychologies on every character at the drop of a hat just to deliver those OMG moments that become annoying after a while. Modern Family overstayed its welcome years ago, like 90% of 3+ sesasons shows. I only watch The Affair and You're the worst, nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2015 7:06 PM

I stopped HTGAWM when I had a few of this season in my DVR and tried to recall the characters and their names and just realized I didn't like any of the characters enough the first season to continue. It sucked me in the first season because it was an interesting story. But I found I liked NO ONE on it The characters are all just awful people. I have enough of that in my life.

I am saving SVU but haven't watched any this season. I cannot stand all the baby storylines. It's like when writers can't come up with a story for a female, they just HAVE to either go with a baby or rape.

I actually think Gotham is better this season than it's first one.

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2015 7:11 PM

I stopped SNL about 3 years ago...right around when Kristin Wiig left. I watched part of the trump one, I am embarrassed to admit.

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2015 7:19 PM

I've always liked The Affair but this season really convinced me it's the best show on TV right now. I'm still sticking with Homeland but it's starting to get a bit tedious. I've completely given up on The Good Wife, something I should've done at some point during the previous season which was complete shit.

by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2015 7:29 PM

The French series The Returned on Sundance. I loved season one, but a year later, they just sort of plunged in without much in the way of a recap. I spent so much time pausing it and looking stuff up on the internet that I was pulled out of the mood of the piece, which, quite honestly, is the number one thing the show has going for it. Adieu, Pierre Perrier (yes, that's the name of one of the actors)!

by Anonymousreply 25November 9, 2015 7:30 PM

Pierre is a hot piece of ass. He's very comfortable with full frontal nudity, if any of you is trying to decide whether to watch The Returned.

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2015 7:33 PM

Walking Dead etc. Who cares? The living people are worse than the dead.

by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2015 7:38 PM

[quote]The living people are worse than the dead.

I like this. Consider it co-opted.

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2015 7:43 PM

Broke up with THE WALKING DEAD a season ago. It was the same show every week: go get supplies, zombies, argue, argue, argue, zombies, cliffhanger.

I am about ready to part ways with NASHVILLE. Connie B. always looks like she hasn't slept in weeks. And anytime Deacon is on I figure he is going to throw things or look longingly at a bottle of booze.

I almost gave up on AGENTS OF SHIELD until it realized it needed to be a superhero show.

I quit TWO BROKE GIRLS a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2015 8:30 PM

AHS

by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2015 9:43 PM

The Walking Dead has been VERY different this season, R29.

I gave up on Castle last season.

by Anonymousreply 31November 9, 2015 9:46 PM

Is anyone watching JANE THE VIRGIN? I almost gave it up because Jane gets more and more unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 32November 9, 2015 9:51 PM

Gotham & The Affair are both even better second season.

by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2015 9:55 PM

I love Jane the Virgin, still.

by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2015 9:57 PM

AHS is so corny.

by Anonymousreply 35November 9, 2015 9:57 PM

I agree that Walking Dead is better this season.

by Anonymousreply 36November 9, 2015 10:03 PM

I didn't get through season 2 episode 1 of Empire. Awful.

How to Get Away with Murder, i can "watch" while doing chores. There aren't so many shows that work for this. Sit-coms work. For dramas, etc, Elementary almost always make sense when you aren't really watching it. Homeland mostly. American Horror Story doesn't make sense if you watch it or if you don't but the only point of the show is to sit there and watch it for the art direction and campy scrips and acting.

I gave up The Good Wife and, reluctantly, sleepy hollow last year.

I like Crazy Ex Girlfriend. Jane the Virgin, somewhat.

The Affair got too smarmy 2/3 through season 1. Gave it a shot 2 episodes this season. No, thanks. ¨¨

by Anonymousreply 37November 9, 2015 10:15 PM

I'm also watching Fargo

Finding Carter

I just watched Season 1 of Grantchester (easy to watch)

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (ok)

Manhattan (set at the Manhattan Project) somewhat interesting

I haven't looked as S2 of Leftovers.

Only watching 2 sitcoms - Mindy Project and Modern Family. I know, pretty lame. Mindy makes some good jokes about modern living, though.

by Anonymousreply 38November 9, 2015 10:25 PM

I love Mindy's guts. She is not wrong about many things.

by Anonymousreply 39November 9, 2015 10:29 PM

Oh shitty AHS.

by Anonymousreply 40November 9, 2015 10:45 PM

I wish you people would read a book now and then.

by Anonymousreply 41November 10, 2015 1:41 AM

Shows I am behind on, but don't feel I've dropped (BUT I'm quite behind) - Homeland, Downton Abbey, Grimm

Shows I've dropped - The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, Secrets & Lies and Bloodlines

by Anonymousreply 42November 10, 2015 4:30 AM

This fall I've dropped Scream Queens for the absolutely shitty writing, CSI: Cyber for ruining the show by suddenly bringing in Ted Danson, America's Next Top Model once again in mid-season for concentrating on anything else but the modeling and fashion world, Project Runway for Tim Gunn's assholeness and because the show turned out to be a joke.

I've been close to dropping Arrow and Agents of SHIELD but there are so few superhero shows that I just have to go in with extremely low expectations and take enjoyment where I can.

I'm on the fence about Supergirl. I watched the pilot but it was too teen girly. Blindspot has some things going on but I'm just not feeling it. I might return to both of those at some point, though. Seriously considering dropping Grimm. The show's been fluff from the start but at least there were lot of likable things about it. Last season turned out to be horrible and this season with the fucking witch suddenly becoming the bulge guy's love interest I'm just not liking it anymore. I feel like I'm watching its writers writing about their own new marriages and having kids with new partners, all straight of course, and it feels like I'm watching a fucking soap.

by Anonymousreply 43November 10, 2015 6:20 AM

I also stopped Empire and How To Get Away WIth Murder. Am on the brink with Nashville.

but The Affair has really gotten good this season, you need to watch

by Anonymousreply 44November 10, 2015 6:27 AM

I'm only watching Quantico for Rick Cosnett, otherwise I would have stopped after the first episode. Will continue with American Horror Story to see just how dull it gets.

by Anonymousreply 45November 10, 2015 6:34 AM

Empire for me too.

by Anonymousreply 46November 10, 2015 6:37 AM

I've dropped Empire too.

I thought The Leftovers was getting better this season but some of the things they have the characters do just seem odd and starting to get gimmicky.

I am watching Gotham, Jane the Virgin, Homeland, The Affair and The Knick. The Affair is better this season (since we're getting Helen and Cole's POV). The Affair and The Knick are the best shows, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2015 7:08 AM

Dr Who.

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2015 7:50 AM

I dropped Once Upon a Time. Modern Family is getting stale. Still watch Good Wife and Grimm(though not as good as last year)

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2015 9:38 AM

The Walking Dead has been total shit since the beginning of season 2. Frank Darabont leaving was an irreparable loss. I don't know how any of you even started HTGAWM. It was horrible from the second it started. Shonda Rhimes CANNOT write. Viola Davis is completely at sea in a morass of total garbage.

Homeland is quite good this season. The Affair is better and makes a little more sense this season. I'm sticking with Empire for the moment, but I FF through all the "music" now. I can see where it's going and will probably dump it sooner rather than later.

I'm barely holding on to AHS, same with Scream Queens. Murphy seems to have lost his mojo.

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2015 11:34 AM

I've dropped the ones you've mentioned OP, only walking dead and the last kingdom for me, the main character in that is yum

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2015 12:18 PM

Empire is such a bad camp act. It is Jud Suss but made by black people. It delves into some of the worst cliches about African Americans. I like Taraji but she seems to play the same character over and over again with the exception of Person Of Interest. Terence Howard is a woman beating cunt. I liked him until I found out about that crap.

by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2015 12:29 PM

I'm not watching season two of The Leftovers because I feel like I already got burned by watching all of season one. Every single one of my friends and coworkers that were watching season one gave up on it and I felt like an idiot for sticking with it. Whenever any of them asked me what happened, their reaction was relief that they gave up on it. I'll wait season two out to see if HBO announces that they've given up on it too.

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2015 12:49 PM

After binge watching Empire S1, turned it off half way through S2 Episode 1 and never went back. All Shonda shows and as of this week, Once Upon a Time

by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2015 1:09 PM

I know I am opening myself up to be possibly skewered, but does anybody else have a hard time following HTGAWM? I have to put my phone away, turn up the volume on the TV, and focus entirely on the show. Members of my family tend to agree with me about the show. Anybody else out there feel the same way? Or is this a genetic thing?

by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2015 1:39 PM

Love Boat. Too many Charo episodes.

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2015 1:42 PM

[quote]Shonda Rhimes CANNOT write. Viola Davis is completely at sea in a morass of total garbage.

Shonda Rhimes may be a shitty writer, but she's not actually writing HTGAWM; she's the executive producer. And, is it just me, or is the second season way better than the first? I like the whole "adoption" theme that's running through this season. If you watched soap operas, you might appreciate the show more for what it is (a nighttime soap and not a procedural).

Scream Queens is the show that I've completely abandoned. Just abysmal. I'm embarrassed with everyone involved.

The Walking Dead is fantastic this season. The naysayers on this thread are describing the show of about three seasons ago. This past episode in particular had, dare I say it, Emmy-worthy moments, especially Tovah Feldshuh and Merritt Weaver (who absolutely nailed her scenes).

by Anonymousreply 57November 10, 2015 1:55 PM

R55 I agree. It's rather convoluted. Plus, they will use name alot like, "So-and-so said this." I'm always thinking, who is so-and-so again?

by Anonymousreply 58November 10, 2015 3:04 PM

Fantasy Island. Not enough Charo episodes.

by Anonymousreply 59November 10, 2015 6:02 PM

Hee Haw. I've had it up to here with that laughing donkey. Lawrence Welk may be next if they don't stop with the Polygrip commercials.

by Anonymousreply 60November 10, 2015 9:40 PM

Last fall, I watched How to Get Away with Murder every week without fail and got caught up in the hype.. In the spring, I was just too busy to watch the six episodes that aired, so they sat in my DVR. Over the summer, I binge watched those spring episodes. Wow, without the hype, it's a really mediocre show. There were some really great moments, but overall the episodes were nothing special. I couldn't tell you any of the character's names and just didn't care about any of them. The writers just seemed to be jerking me around. I was offended. Consequently, I'm no longer DVRing HTGAWM and don't miss it in the least bit. Also not hearing much hype about it either. It seems to have already peaked.

I loved Empire last season. Made me laugh. Made me cry. Thoughtful but outragous too. Very well done series. So, I eagerly I watched the first episode of season 2 and just was shaking my head in disbelief. The series had gone way astray. They were trying to be campy and outrageous. The thoughtful part of the storylines seemed to be gone. Haven't watched any episodes since then, but I'm still DVRing the show. Will try to catch up over the holidays. If it doesn't improve, can easily see myself dropping the show.

by Anonymousreply 61November 10, 2015 10:16 PM

Fuck you, r56!

Charo is the greatest recurring character ever added to an already established ensemble. Her April Lopez character is the most brilliantly written stowaway since Helen Hayes in Airport, and the chemistry that Charo creates with Gopher, Doc, and most of all, Julie, nearly melts the screen.

I can't wait to see what they do with her next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 10, 2015 10:24 PM

DOOL

by Anonymousreply 63November 10, 2015 10:46 PM

I'm about to give up on "The Tonight Show" because Johnny's vacations are getting ridiculous. It's like he's given the show to Jay Leno and that other kid.

by Anonymousreply 64November 10, 2015 11:00 PM

Greys, Scandal, HTGAWM were must see last year and this year I lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 65November 10, 2015 11:56 PM

To be honest, Scandal is a guilty pleasure. It's basically an over the top primetime soap. If anything, I'm watching it for Mellie: she's Sue Ellen Ewing v.2.0.

by Anonymousreply 66November 11, 2015 12:00 AM

"I Married Joan". Just doesn't send me anymore. Kept waiting for the Charo episode, but...

by Anonymousreply 67November 11, 2015 12:23 AM

Hemlock Grove. They killed off Dougray Scott's character and it seems like they are really trying too hard to aim for the teen audience. I'm sure that was their target but it seems to have jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 68November 11, 2015 12:32 AM

I love Empire for the simple fact that it is an over-the-top, unapologetic camp soap. And for Cookie's antics and couture.

by Anonymousreply 69November 11, 2015 12:38 AM

I had been watching Three's Company for nearly 40 years, but finally stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 70November 11, 2015 12:58 AM

I can't believe people still watch network TV shows...the formula hasn't changed since Peyton Place.

by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2015 1:11 AM

I've developed an almost pathological hate for all Shonda Rhimes shows . She has good ideas for a show but then goes for style over substance . Look at my pretty diverse cast , please don't notice the giant plot holes and stupid story lines. They could be making so much more out of it but they don't and I don't know why .

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2015 1:18 AM

OITNB

by Anonymousreply 73November 11, 2015 1:28 AM

I never watched Empire in the first place, talk about television for idiots.

by Anonymousreply 74November 11, 2015 1:30 AM

Well smeeeeell yoooooouuu R74.

by Anonymousreply 75November 11, 2015 1:37 AM

You're missing out r53. Season 2 is some of the best TV ever made. It's surpassing last season with its acting, writing, and direction.

by Anonymousreply 76November 11, 2015 2:26 AM

Stopped watching The Royals after first 10 minutes

Got bored silly with Downton Abbey pretty quick

Stopped watching SNL 10 yrs ago - tune in rarely

Never bothered with Empire, Gotham, and Breaking Bad (?) - Gave the last 5 minutes on 2 separate occasions and decided nah.

Most TV programming is awful at best. Good example is The View - Somebody needs to kidnap Whoopi and keep her away from a studio, camera and microphone till she turns 85 yrs. Then turf her.

by Anonymousreply 77November 11, 2015 2:44 AM

Walking Dead, Homeland, Indian Summers

by Anonymousreply 78November 11, 2015 3:43 AM

American Horror Story. I watched Season 1 first run and hooked all my friends on it, but I started to lose interest in Asylum. I started Coven, stopped by episode 3. I just can't get stay interested.

Sleepy Hollow. Loved Season 1's quirkiness. Gave up early on in Season 2.

There are a few shows I watch first run . Anything else that interests me, I either DVR and catch up a few at a time when I have time, or I wait until the entire season is on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 79November 11, 2015 3:46 AM

Scandal, it jumped the shark when everyone in the WH has committed murder.

by Anonymousreply 80November 11, 2015 4:57 AM

I've stopped watching Bones. They've made Brennan into something of an idiot savant and the lab/workplace scenarios have gotten so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 81November 11, 2015 7:46 PM

Grimm, second season.

by Anonymousreply 82November 11, 2015 7:55 PM

No more trying . . . Once Upon a Time is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 83November 16, 2015 4:46 AM

Finally gladly gave up on TWD. The writing and acting is horrific. Just done.

by Anonymousreply 84November 16, 2015 10:52 AM

Stopped watching Rectify (main character too irritating) and Please like me (first 2 series were sweet but it is tired now). Tried to watch Justified but not my thing.

Still watching The walking dead and Nashville despite the latter being one of the sudsiest soaps I've ever seen. Will get back to GOT one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 85November 16, 2015 12:37 PM

Scary r70, like someday they'll find the bodies of little boys under your floorboards scary. You must've sustained considerable brain-damage, seek help immediately!

by Anonymousreply 86November 16, 2015 12:37 PM

I stopped watching Scream Queens by episode 3. Just a mess. I also sort of gave up on AHS after the third episode. Not because its bad- its the strongest season since the first one-Im just tired of shows where you MUST watch each episode in order to understand what's happening in the next. Its why I partially gave up on HTGAWWM but im sure I'll end up binge watching it because imlove the characters. Also Walking Dead is just so dark and depressing. I only watch cause my partner is obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 87November 16, 2015 12:41 PM

40 yrs of the Three's Company theme song on a loop is the perfect definition of hell.

by Anonymousreply 88November 16, 2015 12:42 PM

I stopped watching The Good Wife. Last season was very weak. But finding out the star is an awful person who doesn't deserve success was the final nail in the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 89November 16, 2015 1:00 PM

Gotham, Arrow , Empire have been a chore to watch because of the bad writing.

I'm surprised too at how many people have dropped How To Get Away With Murder. It's of the best shows on network TV and this season has been stellar. Shonda is barely involved in the show. That's why it's so much better than Greys and Scandal (which I've both abandoned)

by Anonymousreply 90November 16, 2015 1:21 PM

I'm about to drop Empire. It's awful. And I was hooked in season 1.

by Anonymousreply 91November 16, 2015 2:31 PM

I hardly watch any tv any more. Dropped AHS, Modern Family ages ago, Homeland after one season. I was really disappointed in the last season of Shameless, which was my favorite show until that point. I don't know if I'll watch the new season. Haven't caught up with Orphan Black or Bates Motel - we'll see if I get around to it.

Still need to check out The Affair, but pretty much everything feels like a waste of time these days.

by Anonymousreply 92November 16, 2015 4:53 PM

[quote]Im just tired of shows where you MUST watch each episode in order to understand what's happening in the next

This is one of the dumbest fucking sentences I've ever read here.

I mean,I guess, whatever. There are plenty of dancing with the whatever and real housewives crap which is made for people like you.

by Anonymousreply 93November 16, 2015 5:18 PM

Not really, R93

There were (still are?) plenty of shows in which one didn't need to watch every episode to follow it. You know, like Star Trek or Kojak where every episode was self-contained. You're the dumb one.

by Anonymousreply 94November 16, 2015 5:28 PM

R93 I like series including procedural and comedies with very minor arcs, and others with long running, slow moving arcs. Yes, you don't have to follow them all that closely. Its pleasant and low stress to follow lightly along.

by Anonymousreply 95November 16, 2015 5:31 PM

R94, are you posting from the year 2002 perhaps? Because that was about the last time non-serialized television was a thing. Unless all you watch are procedural dramas (and even those have co-opted the serialization found in most other genres at this point).

by Anonymousreply 96November 16, 2015 5:35 PM

I know most of you never watched it or gave it up years ago but I dropped Big Bang Theory. If these character were somewhat amusing when they were younger now that they're older - and looking older - they're just idiots, no matter how supposedly intelligent they are. They also could have had one gay male character or made Raj/Stuart a couple but were too chicken to do anything after years of "one of us could be gay" teases. Plus the Amy/Sheldon thing was never going to go anywhere and now it's over but AFF is still around. Worst: the episodes with Laurie Metcalf are now horrible and they used to be the best.

by Anonymousreply 97November 16, 2015 5:47 PM

I sort of agree with you [R97] about BBT. The quirky characters (everyone but Leonard and Penny) are too old to be "cute but geeky." It's highly unrealistic and a bit annoying. Sheldon isn't even that funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 98November 17, 2015 4:32 AM

I've stopped watching "Minority Report".

by Anonymousreply 99December 2, 2015 5:02 PM

Happily dropped The Walking Dead and Quantico. Both very overrated and boring for me.

by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2015 5:19 PM

I've stopped watching Batman. Yvonne Craig's tits keep getting in the way of Burt Ward's package.

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2015 5:24 PM

haven't watched a tv show in years. I think the last I saw was the last season of Breaking Bad. So do your math. The strange thing is that after you haven't watched them for a while if you catch them skimming over channels you realize how bad the acting was, the plot holes, the cliché,the tropes, the formulas. It's like watching old cartoons of when you were young. The "magic" is gone. I don't miss them.

by Anonymousreply 102December 2, 2015 5:37 PM

[quote]haven't watched a tv show in years.

Ugh, why is there always one of these tedious asshats in every thread about TV?

Yes, yes, we get it, you're SOOOOO superior!

(rolling eyes)

by Anonymousreply 103December 2, 2015 8:18 PM

You're an asshat...

It's what you do...

by Anonymousreply 104December 2, 2015 8:21 PM

DOOL

NCIS

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2015 8:21 PM

r103, as a former tv show watcher I wanted to see what other people watch or stopped watching. I don't get where you got the superior stuff. If I found I show I might like, I'd watch it. It hasn't happened in years though. Maybe I've seen too much tv in the past and now everything looks been there done there to me.

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2015 8:23 PM

I stopped watching The Good Wife after last season, when the behind the scenes drama became more interesting than the show. The only show that I've watched faithfully as it aired, from beginning to end, was Mad Men. Even with Breaking Bad, I took a break in the fourth or fifth season and picked it up at the end. Shows I'm watching now are The Affair, Masters of Sex, Ray Donovan, HTGAWM, Empire, You're the Worst. I have watched every season of Shameless up till now, but I'm not sure if I will pick it up again when the new season starts. American shows go on for too long, anyway. I used to like Supernatural, but I dropped it a few seasons ago - what is it on now, S11? The Office (American version) was another show I liked a lot for a few seasons, but it got boring.

by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2015 8:38 PM

After more than 20 campaigns, I have finally given up on "Film & television Coppin' a 'tude"

by Anonymousreply 108December 2, 2015 8:38 PM

Giving up Walking Dead and Scandal. I don't know how anyone can say Walking Dead is "different" this season. It's the same shit. The only thing is they added boring Morgan and his pacifist ways and it's drawn out and annoying.

Shonda Rhimes seems to hate her female protagonists because both Olivia Pope and Meredith (from Grey's Anatomy) are completely unlikable. It's like with the abortion episode, Shonda wants people to hate Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2015 8:51 PM

Dr Who. I watched last season, but missed the premiere of this season, realized I didn't miss it, and haven't watched a single episode this season.

by Anonymousreply 110December 8, 2015 6:35 PM

R110 you missed some of the best stories of Doctor Who since the reboot. And they finally jettisoned Long-Distance Clara. It took three fucking episodes to do it though, be warned.

by Anonymousreply 111December 9, 2015 11:56 AM

How to Get Away With Murder - yawn

by Anonymousreply 112June 16, 2016 11:06 PM

R106 check out pastor, I think you might like it

by Anonymousreply 113June 16, 2016 11:09 PM

[quote] It's like with the abortion episode, Shonda wants people to hate Olivia.

Why would having an abortion make people hate Olivia? I thought that was one of the better, more realistic, bits of story they cobbled together last year.

by Anonymousreply 114June 16, 2016 11:21 PM

I just had a very low rent slumming year. I dropped almost all prestige series. I didn't even watch the end of Mad Men. Suddenly, I only enjoy the lowbrow shit I always included because its is enjoyable. That means 2 Broke Girls, Mom, Modern Family, Big Bang, the end of Mike and Molly. These shows are BAD, but they have a lazy easiness about them, and feature some pros, and I don't even need to watch. They are just noise and some chuckles when Im cooking or doing the washing up and want some company that isn't Rachael Maddow or Conan or Bill Maher.

by Anonymousreply 115June 16, 2016 11:56 PM

At some point, I need to look at the last half-season of Mad Men. But reading R115 is probably the first thought I've had.

by Anonymousreply 116June 16, 2016 11:58 PM

Empire was literally the 21st Century black version of Dynasty. Started with lots of potential but quickly squandered it by being style over substance.

by Anonymousreply 117February 28, 2021 1:16 AM

[quote] Modern Family got stale a few years back but I keep it on TIVO because it's so gay-friendly.

How was it gay-friendly?

by Anonymousreply 118February 28, 2021 1:21 AM

[italic]South Park[/italic] It lost its fascination for me a while ago. I binged watched it and I think that is what made me grow so weary of it.

by Anonymousreply 119February 28, 2021 1:21 AM

R119 I think the new ones are still good.

by Anonymousreply 120February 28, 2021 1:22 AM

2015 Thread Bumper is back.

by Anonymousreply 121February 28, 2021 1:24 AM

I don’t watch the broadcast TV channels at all anymore.

by Anonymousreply 122February 28, 2021 1:27 AM

Is The Simpsons still on?

by Anonymousreply 123February 28, 2021 1:28 AM

R120 I tried to watch them but they kept getting more and more preposterous.

by Anonymousreply 124February 28, 2021 3:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!