Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Deadpool director says Marvel super(anti-)hero is pansexual

Deadpool aims to make history for reasons beyond its R rating: The on-screen Merc with a Mouth will be pansexual.

In a recent interview about the film, due out Feb. 12, star Ryan Reynolds and director Tim Miller were asked if the film would see “very hypersexualized Deadpool.”

“Pansexual! I want that quoted,” he told Collider. “Pansexual Deadpool.”

“There is some sexuality in this movie for sure,” Reynolds elaborated. “You kinda think you have moments when you’re shooting where you think, ‘This is, uh, a little excessive. This is a comic book movie. Are we gonna get away with this?’ But so far so good. Studio hasn’t crushed us with anything.”

Previously, producer Simon Kinberg has emphasized the film’s graphic nature, saying nothing is off-limits for the big-screen Deadpool (an assertion that’s supported by the film’s red band trailer).

“Deadpool is a hard R,” Kinberg said in July. “It’s graphic. Nothing is taboo. You either commit to a truly outrageous boundary-pushing kind of movie or you don’t.”

In the comics, the acerbic antihero is omnisexual, according to Marvel writer Gerry Duggan. The character’s co-creator, Fabian Nicieza, wrote on Twitter in August that “[Deadpool] brain cells are in CONSTANT FLUX. He can be gay one minute, hetero the next, etc. ALL ARE VALID.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2020 2:06 PM

Lame attempt to market to gays, or is this shit real?

by Anonymousreply 1November 7, 2015 4:16 AM

I'm not going to buy it unless he has a sex scene or romantic scene with a guy in the film.

by Anonymousreply 2November 7, 2015 4:29 AM

Ryan Reynolds must be truly desperate to finally have his first hit. How the hell does this annoying and untalentedCanadian get roles? Who's he fucking?

by Anonymousreply 3November 7, 2015 5:22 AM

Isn't Deadpool dating Death in the comics now? And Death really is "an abstract entity, the embodiment of the end of life in the Marvel Universe, and the opposite of Eternity, the embodiment of the universe." That's the level of omnisexuality Deadpool reaches. I doubt we'll be seeing him gorging on big cocks in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 4November 7, 2015 5:27 AM

Deadpool is hosting a Golden Girls block of Golden Girls on Logo this week. The director is not shying away from his pansexual nature.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2016 12:53 AM

At least we know my character likes nothing but pussy.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2016 1:00 AM

The difference between bisexuals and pansexuals is that bisexuals limit themselves to human beings.

I do hope they pair him up with a couple of human/oid males, and don't just have him banging aliens.

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2016 12:45 PM

Enough. This is like Dumbledore being gay or Waluigi being uncircumcised. If it's not going to come up at some point in the canon, why bring it up at all? It's just stupid pandering.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2020 3:30 PM

How does he feel about pots?

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2020 3:43 PM

THIS is a pansexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2020 4:19 PM

If this is what has to be done so that I can see Ryan Reynolds suck a giant black cock, than so be it.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2020 4:25 PM

if Deadpool wasn't scarred like Freddy Krueger from head to toe, I'd love to see that too.

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2020 4:42 PM

Didn't see either, did he ever do anything in the movies that was obviously pansexual?

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2020 6:21 PM

[quote]Didn't see either, did he ever do anything in the movies that was obviously pansexual?

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2020 6:29 PM

‘Pansexual’ is the new ‘bisexual’, with the added bonus that it so confusing that people stop questioning altogether.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2020 6:45 PM

Unless we see him fuck Colossus - what's the point??

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2020 12:28 PM

Not a stretch for Reynolds.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2020 1:05 PM

Deadpool has been canonically pansexual for years though, so this isn't really pandering. He's had crushes on men, women, and inanimate objects. It's part of his charm.

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2020 1:09 PM

There was a part of the sex montage in the first movie where he grimaced like he was taking a throbbing member.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2020 1:20 PM

R19 that's because Vanessa was pegging him.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2020 1:26 PM

Discussion of Movie-version Deadpool being pansexual dates as far back as 2016.

Did OP check what year it is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2020 1:30 PM

That was my assumption, R20.

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2020 1:31 PM

pansexual is the new bi.

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2020 2:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!