Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Flirting or just very friendly?

As I've gotten older, it's become increasingly hard to tell the difference between someone who's flirting with me and someone who's just very sweet and friendly. Any hints on how to better read a man's intentions? TIA

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2020 2:37 PM

I'm having a similar problem- I hosted a small cocktail party and invited a friend of a friend(I was under the Impression that he was straight) well the next day a couple of my friends asked me if I "hooked up" with him. I laughed and said "No, why?" My friends said he was obviously flirting with me- he took his shoes off and sat on the sofa very close to me with his feet up, made lots of eye contact, was very touchy-feely and stayed behind after everyone else had left . Apparently I was so focused on hosting duties that I was completely oblivious! I saw him again at a wedding the next weekend, but he was part of the wedding party so I didn't really have a chance to interact with him very much. Afterwards though he sent me a text message that he wished that we could have had more one on one time together at the wedding and that he'd like to hang out again soon.

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2015 5:16 AM

When a dude winks, sticks out his tongue, twirls his beads, drools shamelessly, hikes up his caftan, and makes the screw sign with his fingers while eyeing you hungrily---the chances are good that he is flirting with you.

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2015 5:34 AM

R1 here, I guess my advice would be to enlist the help of trusted friends and when in doubt, go on the offensive and if you're intrerested, start flirting with the person in question! So since my friends clued me in, I've been chatting with this guy and we are going on a date this weekend!

by Anonymousreply 3November 7, 2015 1:47 AM

R2 that’s not flirting, that’s advertising. Flirting is an art. It’s not supposed to be overt. You’re supposed to hook the person, then subtly let them know.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2020 2:29 PM

[quote]sat on the sofa very close to me with his feet up

He put his feet up on your couch without asking or being invited to? Eww. Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2020 2:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!