Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most Comfortable Sweatpants You Own

I'm wearing a pair that are way too scratchy for my delicate senses. Please recommend me a brand that wraps your legs in a soft, luscious fabric.

by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2020 11:37 PM

Do you have bed bugs?

by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2015 11:07 PM

Shame on you, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2015 11:07 PM

I'm 58, so nothing fits very well with my thick thighs and loose butt (yes, everything falls apart). But, I own a pair of Abercrombie and Fitch sweats that fit perfectly and even give me a butt lift! When I wear them out, I get stares from guys of all ages. They look really nice too. They have A&F down the leg.

by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2015 11:08 PM

R3, you're having fun with the 'I'm 62 but constantly get mistaken for 34!' schtick, now aren't you. Please don't be real.

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2015 11:11 PM

R4, he claims he gets mistaken for being college age due to heavy-handed applications of self-tanner. 34???? R3 has NEVER looked 34!

by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2015 1:59 PM

The ones that don't like you shit your pants in school and had to find a super gigantic blown-out pair from a heap in the gym closet, and then proceeded to shit your borrowed sweatpants...they cost upwards of $150, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2015 2:09 PM

Make your own, OP. Always pays to be handy with needle and thread. Pick from fleece, cotton jersey, suedecloth or thin terrycloth fabrics. Very soothing and comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 7November 6, 2015 5:20 PM

BAG, we need your soothing presence here at DL more than EVER in these fraught times

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2015 5:32 PM

R7 Nobody has time for all that.

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2020 6:36 PM

Nothing is worse than anyone over 25 wearing logoed A&F. Actually anyone wearing A&F seems outdated. Alo makes really good sweats that are comfy but look good. I also bought some Target sweats during lockdown and they are really comfortable and cheap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2020 6:55 PM

American Apparel. I like their Fine Jersey T's, also.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2020 6:57 PM

Oh dear, you aren't wearing Mongolian cashmere sweats?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2020 7:24 PM

Champion, 100% cotton

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2020 7:27 PM

Eldergays;

Wear track pants not sweat pants. (Track pants don't have elastic at the ankles)

You will look far less lame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2020 7:40 PM

r14, thanks, good advice.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2020 7:43 PM

There are a lot of grey sweatpants worn by straight boys on TikTok. You can ask on there which brand shows an erection the best.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2020 7:45 PM

All good R15

Track pants can even work with a chunky sweater or sweatshirt and/or a denim or corduroy short jacket (jean jacket)

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2020 7:54 PM

I have a 8 yr old pair of LuLuLemon sweatpants that I wear all the time. I wash them probably 3x a week and they still look basically brand new. Say what you want about LuLuLemon but they make high-quality stuff.

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2020 7:54 PM

Please spell our brand name correctly R18

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2020 7:56 PM

I like Alternative Apparel. I wear their "sweatshorts" (although they also make sweatpants) all the time. The more you wash them, the more comfortable they get. Plus, they helpfully separate their men's section into "tops" and "bottoms." If only they did the same for their models!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2020 10:44 PM

Who on earth still wears sweatpants?

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2020 10:45 PM

the best sweatpants I've ever bought were from some dollar store on Polk Street in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2020 10:59 PM

R3 please god tell us you are not really 58 and wearing Abercrombie and Fitch. Yikes. Bless your heart. Those stares you're getting are stares of mockery, dear.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2020 11:04 PM

I actually found some track pants-ish ones at Dillard's last year and love them.

I probably look like one of the Sopranos but IDGAF

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2020 11:06 PM

Forget about cotton sweatpants and go for merino wool. Merino wool is great for both hot and cold weather, samd goes for t-shirts. You just gave to choose different weights to reflect the season. I like Icebreaker brand, followed by Woolly Clothing and Minus33 brands. Make sure the merino wool is from Australia or New Zealand. Merino wool doesn’t stink from sweat unlike cotton and it’s lighter in weight. It also dries quicker than cotton. I’ve taken merino wool pants and sweatpants to camping trips, as well as just wear them around the house. Machine or hand wash then air dry, it dries less than a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2020 11:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!