Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another Stoning Death: Afghan Woman Stoned Over Adultery Accusation

The 19-year-old woman, identified as Rokhshana, had been forced to marry against her will and recently fled with another man, said Seema Joyenda, the governor of Ghor province. The couple were caught after two days, and the Taliban leader of the village ordered that Rokhshana be stoned to death for adultery, Joyenda said.

Such a loving people ..................

WARNING: Video, though taken by a cell phone, is graphic ! ! !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2020 5:19 PM

The religion of peace. Get ready, cause in 15 years or so they will rule the world.

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2015 4:46 PM

She was a bitch and deserved it anyway.

This has less to do with Islam than it does local tribal customs.

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2015 4:57 PM

Anyone stupid enough to believe this CIA propaganda crap is........a good American!

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2015 4:57 PM

Stoning to death for adultery is in the Bible as well. Barbarism runs deep in most major religions.

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2015 5:01 PM

[quote]Stoning to death for adultery is in the Bible as well. Barbarism runs deep in most major religions.

Yet only muslims do it in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2015 5:02 PM

R2/3 is late for his suicide bombing classes.

by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2015 5:03 PM

[quote]Stoning to death for adultery is in the Bible as well. Barbarism runs deep in most major religions.

It's 2015: Please cite examples of Christians stoning women under Biblical law.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2015 5:08 PM

Not stoned, but still being beaten and killed for being witches. This is a fascinating article about barbaric Christianity in Papua New Guinea. It seems long, but really - it's worth the read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2015 5:31 PM

Papua New Guinea is barbaric. Cite exemples of western, civilized countries, that burn women for being witches or stone adulterers.

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2015 5:34 PM

We like to pretend we're so advanced yet adultery was a federal crime in the US just a generation ago. Sure it's not stoning but can we really say "We're better!" when we just locked people up?

We do the same with women's rights, gay rights, and minority rights. We STILL argue about those things with a strong contingent maintaining that these groups should not be considered equally...yet, because we don't kill people, we like to continue the myth that we're somehow better.

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2015 5:35 PM

Western civilized societies have liberal democracies in place, all of which came about as a rejection of traditional religion.

This stoning was not sanctioned by the government of Afghanistan any more than the killing of Matthew Shepard was sanctioned by the state of Wyoming.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2015 5:37 PM

Sharia law is basically Old Testament Law, you know, the one people quote when they say being gay is an abomination....

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2015 5:38 PM

[quote]because we don't kill people, we like to continue the myth that we're somehow better.

Um, yeah, the fact that we don't kill people over adultery or for being of another religion mean we are better. Jihadi John, aren't you late for the latest beheading?

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2015 5:38 PM

Religion of Pieces.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2015 5:39 PM

R13 it's not the beheading that matters in this discussion, it's the fact that it's punished at all. Beheading just happens to be the way tribal villages punish. We lock people up.

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2015 5:40 PM

R8 So funny that when we discuss Islam we must also bring up Christianity and Judaism "SEE OTHER RELIGIONS DO IT TOO"

But whenever we discuss the horrors of Christianity no one ever steps in and says "HEY WHAT ABOUT ISLAM! DONT FORGET THEM"

PC Regressives can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2015 5:40 PM

Consensual gay sex was punishable in the US until a decade ago. An entire political party still thinks it should be.

Yet, we're better?

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2015 5:41 PM

[quote]This stoning was not sanctioned by the government of Afghanistan

Oh yes it was.

This is what Islamic countries do: they may have signed treaties but Sharia Law trumps all. Islamic governments, no matter what they claim about laws on the books do not lift a finger to prosecute or re-educate.

Amnesty International has called them out on this.

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2015 5:42 PM

R16 This isn't an Islamic horror, it's a tribal Afghani horror.]

the problem is our ignorance in the west.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2015 5:43 PM

[quote]Yet, we're better?

Well, as a gay man or as a woman name some majority Muslim countries that you feel would offer you the same human rights as you enjoy in your majority Christian country.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2015 5:46 PM

R19 No the problem is that regressives like you try to deny the fact that Islam is a clusterfuck of barbaric nonsense that encourages Honor killings, Subjugation of women and demands that gays be beaten and toss off a tall building.

You would rather sit around all day and say "Well it's subjective we cant criticize because we aren't perfect, so lets just let the women, children and gays suffer because I want to seem tolerant of other cultures"

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2015 5:47 PM

They do this because they hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2015 5:49 PM

[quote]Beheading just happens to be the way tribal villages punish. We lock people up.

We lock up people who have committed crimes. They behead people who commit adultery, are gay or christians.

Get a grip, Muhammad.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2015 5:51 PM

You all heard about Farkhunda right? the afghan girl who was lynched because she was accused of burning a Quran. I'm guessing that was just "Tribal Culture" as well and had absolutely nothing to do with Islam.

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2015 5:59 PM

Islam is tribal culture. Muhammad was a violent tribal culture leader and his words reflect that.

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2015 6:13 PM

Well they sew their slit closed, might as well sew their legs closed too. It's like Salem circa 17th century over there, full of hysteria and stupidity. I highly doubt any woman would actually fuck around due to the serious consequences, let alone look sideways at a man. He probably just wanted a new wife and the easiest thing to off her was to lie and say another man got her hairy taco.

by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2015 6:18 PM

So what happened to her lover, and the husband who married against her will? Did they get any punishment?

Betcha not. In patriarchal punishment, the woman (or man perceived as feminine) bears all the punishment for any sex-related crime, the actions of the males involved are seen as normal and excusable. Islam and fundamentalist Christianity the enemy of gays, never forget that for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2015 6:29 PM

[quote]it's not the beheading that matters in this discussion, it's the fact that it's punished at all. Beheading just happens to be the way tribal villages punish. We lock people up.

How can any sensible person rationalize decapitation, stoning, or any violent act as punishment for adultery or homosexuality... and how can anyone compare such violence to imprisonment, R2, R10, R11, R12, R15, R17, R19? Your making excuses for her death and saying she deserved it is quite frightening.

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2015 6:57 PM

Let's let in 500,000 of these peaceful people.

by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2015 7:02 PM

[quote] Islam and fundamentalist Christianity the enemy of gays, never forget that for a minute.

R27 fundamentalist Christianity is held under check by...who? By other Christians.

That's not so with Islam. Islam is Islam.

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2015 7:18 PM

I'm a bleeding heart liberal who loathes all things Islam. My heart bleeds for the unfortunate, downtrodden, discriminated against, and born into an unlucky situation. But the bleeding stops with Muslims. For generations they have continued to hold onto a barbaric religion, without updated it, without letting it evolve. I do feel bad for the average person stuck over there, but I don't want any of them over here. Fuck em.

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2015 7:22 PM

R17

Damn right we're better.

* Try being openly gay over there & see where that gets you.

* Try being a woman over there see what rights you have.

* Try having a religion other than (being) muslim over there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2015 7:26 PM

What about carpet-munching?

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2015 7:51 PM

R32 try to be openly gay in Mississippi and see where that gets you. try having another religion other than Christianity in Tennessee and see where that gets you.

You won't get killed (unless you mean a drunk homophobe at night), but life isn't pretty,

by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2015 9:00 PM

What happened to the guy she ran off with???

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2015 9:54 PM

Will it get you tortured by the police and then killed by law, R34?

by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2015 11:19 PM

Rest in Peace Little Star (Rokshana) I hope your pain was brief You were named after another Rokshana, who was murdered long ago for being the wife of Alexander the Great I hope the men who killed you suffer a worse fate

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2015 11:47 PM

It is in the hadith....

'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported that 'Umar b. Khattab sat on the pulpit of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Verily Allah sent Muhammad (may peace be upon him) with truth and He sent down the Book upon him, and the verse of stoning was included in what was sent down to him. We recited it, retained it in our memory and understood it. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) awarded the punishment of stoning to death (to the married adulterer and adulteress) and, after him, we also awarded the punishment of stoning, I am afraid that with the lapse of time, the people (may forget it) and may say: We do not find the punishment of stoning in the Book of Allah, and thus go astray by abandoning this duty prescribed by Allah. Stoning is a duty laid down in Allah's Book for married men and women who commit adultery when proof is established, or it there is pregnancy, or a confession.

by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2015 12:35 AM

So I'm guessing the guy got off because he's a man?

by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2015 1:14 AM

Why do people on DL do this in literally every thread in which Islam is mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2020 2:14 AM

Can we just nuke that shithole into oblivion?

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2020 2:15 AM

[quote] Stoning to death for adultery is in the Bible as well

uhhhhhhh.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2020 2:31 AM

5 year old thread

Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2020 2:35 AM

Wish I knew who was digging up threads from 2015... and why.

Whatever the reason, it’s not good for the DL community.

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2020 2:45 AM

An old dermatology thread has also been resurrected. So random. I wonder what they're trying to bury.

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote] Wish I knew who was digging up threads from 2015... and why. Whatever the reason, it’s not good for the DL community. —What are they trying to suppress?

I’ve noticed that he bumps threads more fervently when there’s a bad news cycle for Trump (e.g., the ultraviolet light/detergent farce of the past couple of days). He apparently bumps threads to push down negative threads about Trump. The threads bumped are mostly non-political threads from 2015, before Trump was president and are thus less likely to contain posts critical of Trump. The “bump post” is usually a fairly innocuous post that is at least tangentially responsive to the last response on the thread.

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2020 4:35 AM

I'd rather seen a five year old dermatology thread then another instagram ho thread.

by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2020 5:01 AM

R46, I think you hit it on the head, regarding the choice of pre-Obama threads.

Would be great if Muriel could throw this guy or bot off the site. There’s no good reason to do this consistently.

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2020 5:02 AM

According to the CNN video, the man who ran off with her received a lashing with a whip. This is horrible. She was a kid, and she may have been in the throes of her first love, when your hormones make you crazy. And then imagine having to marry someone else. Possibly her father had arranged the marriage, as women are considered property of their fathers. And I wouldn't be surprised if her new husband was 50 or 60 something. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2020 5:13 AM

[quote] regarding the choice of pre-Obama threads

Pre-Obama?

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2020 5:16 PM

Sorry, meant pre-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2020 5:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!