Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are straight men who have sex with teen girls seen as awesome pussyhounds, while men who have sex with teen boys are "pedos"

No one ever says Errol Flynn, Elvis, and Charlie Chaplin were "pedos"

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2020 12:41 AM

I think society, as a whole, frowns on the whole 'sex thing' with underage girls or boys.

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2015 2:44 PM

Only recently.

Forty years ago? Hardly at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2015 2:46 PM

I never get the pedo accusation.

Even here, whenever someone says any twink is hot you get yells of "OMG PEDO!, regardless of them being completely legal. I mean people are ready to crucify people like Singer as if he is into 9 year olds, not 19 year olds.

I always figure the issue here at least, is it is mainly bottoms who are obsessed with their "alpha male" fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2015 2:50 PM

When we found out about Clinton and Monica, there were people who kept referring to her as practically a child although I think she was in her mid-20s.

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2015 2:51 PM

Charlie Chaplin was seen as a dirty old man; I don't think anyone wanted to believe there was any hanky-panky between Elvis and the underaged Priscilla since he knew the family (ie. she wasn't just some groupie); Errol Flynn was in the hot seat until his trial exonerated him. But remember the awful scandal when Jerry Lee Lewis wed his 13 year old cousin???

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2015 2:56 PM

I casually refered to Chaplin as a pedo just the other night when his name came up during a show and no one disagreed.

Anyway, het male double standards is the reason. It's different when it is their asses being peddled you see.

by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2015 3:11 PM

It's homophobia of course. And yes, homophobia is alive and well in the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2015 3:41 PM

Because it's 2 "norm" violations. Not just under age, but same sex AND underage. Most people are NOT gay, so therefore it's outside their acceptable range for understanding. Two, big hurdles.

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2015 3:47 PM

Errol fucked a 17 year old, it's not that bad. Chaplin fucked a 12 year old. Pedo all the way.

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2015 4:16 PM

The age of consent in Tennessee was 12 until quite recently.

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2015 4:33 PM

Bill Maher called Charlie Chaplin "the thinking man's pedophile" recently LOL

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2015 4:35 PM

Why you so angry Jared?

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2015 6:12 PM

R9, Errol started dating Bev Aadland when she was 15, I believe

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2015 6:31 PM

I've heard people call Elvis, Errol Flynn and Chaplin pedophiles for years. Not everyone does but it's certainly been enough so that I can't agree with your premise, OP.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2015 6:34 PM

I've commented on something similar. In cases involving hot female teachers and boys, the straight men don't see it as a crime and say that the kid is lucky. Debra Lafave is a prime example--read the majority of the comments. However, all hell breaks out if the teacher is a male who pursues a male student. Then he's a pervert who's corrupted the kid.

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2015 6:46 PM

OP, are you posting from the 1950s? All three of the men you listed are long dead, and their underaged dalliances were well over half a century ago.

Times have changed and adult men dating underaged girls is no longer remotely acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2015 8:39 PM

Pedos are not attracted to those with fully developed secondary sexual characteristics. No matter what the age. So someone attracted to a fully developed female - even if she's 12 - is not a pedophile. People like to talk out of their asses and sound dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2015 8:48 PM

Why do you think men who have sex with teen girls are awesome. I don't think society views them that way, not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2015 8:51 PM

People were not pleased when Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin... Of course, that was also a case of incest, but he knew it would cause an uproar and initially lied about her age and I don't think his career ever recovered.

I base this on the Dennis Quaid/Winona Ryder movie, I have no idea what the actual outrage was.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2015 8:56 PM

"Times have changed and adult men dating underaged girls is no longer remotely acceptable."

I don't know, people weren't THAT harsh to my husband!

by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2015 12:13 AM

R11, Woody Allen [html removed]will[html removed] be disappointed!

by Anonymousreply 21November 5, 2015 12:53 AM

Chaplin tried to take care of pedo BIll TIlden, who in turn prolonged the career of gay German tennis great Baron von Cramm (later husband to Barbara Hutton).

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2015 3:17 AM

In Sailor Moon, Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen dates Usagi/Sailor Moon even though he's a college student and she's in 8th grade. This was 1992!

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2020 10:56 PM

Could it be something to do with the stereotypical notions of masculinity and femininity?

Young females in their teens are usually mature sexually and normally look like adult women - it's the age that s the barrier, not the appearance. It's natural for men to like younger women.

Young males in their teens rarely look all that adult or all that masculine. More of them look closer to children or barely adolescent rather than adult males. As in "twinks". Obviously this doesn't apply to all. If a gay man desires sex with another man then wouldn't he want that man to really look like a man and not a boy or adolescent who doesn't exhibit much masculinity?

Just a thought off the top of my head. I'll see myself out.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2020 11:32 PM

They are both considered pedos you dumb cunt. They ARE both pedos.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2020 11:58 PM

For eons child brides were acceptable in cultures all over the world. You could say that Western Civilization got woke decades ago by no longer considering the practice socially acceptable. Why is that? Women gained more influence to decide about women's rights.

Of course, there were also so-called mentorship programs in ancient cultures like in Greece were older men took young boys and taught them what they needed to know to grew into respectable men. And we all know that included sex.

But the difference is, well, that men made the decisions what was ok and acceptable and what isn't. At some point in history men decided that homosexuality is bad and evil. Only when women started to gain influence the practice of child brides became vilified and unacceptable as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2020 12:01 AM

[quote] They are both considered pedos you dumb cunt. They ARE both pedos.

No, you ignorant fool, neither of them are pedos. Get yourself a fucking dictionary.

Damn how many times does that have to be explained to the likes of you.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2020 12:07 AM

[BOLD] S T E A L T H

N A M B L A

T H R E A D

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2020 12:10 AM

R23 is fat, ugly and retarded, just like her incest & inbred parents.

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2020 12:13 AM

Anyone who minces words on pedophile vs ebephile or whatever is a fucking pedo apologist like R27. You know what people mean you dumb twat.

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2020 12:19 AM

Chaplin, Elvis and Flynn are considered pedophiles. Which is not to say that gay pedophiles are not more reviled.

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2020 12:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!