Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Charlene's "I've Never Been to Me" written about Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis?

The lyrics sound suspiciously similar to her life. "Seen things a woman's not supposed to see" (Dallas), "the Isle in Greece", and don't forget that "subtle whoring" tidbit.

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 9:06 PM

Hey, Jackie On Assistance. You, Jackie On Assistance, cursing at your life. . .

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2015 3:47 AM

True story: it was about Margaret Mitchell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2015 3:52 AM

Marrying Aristotle Onassis wasn't subtle whoring, it was headline-making whoring!

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2015 6:57 AM

The guy who wrote it(well one of the guys) also wrote "Touch Me In The Morning," which is also about JKO

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2015 1:46 PM

I've always love that Lyrics

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2015 5:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2015 5:58 PM

The thing she wasn't s'posed to see involved a lucite coffee table and corn.

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2015 6:06 PM

WTF another thread about that dead fucking useless slag Jackie. Honestly OP you're hyping up that 60s whore like the was an actual somebody. She danced on a couple of Kennedy's cocks. Big deal. Half the American population, male and female did that. She's sucking Little John's jon jon in heaven, leave her alone FFS.

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2015 6:11 PM

I have never heard of this song and I want to thank R6 for one of the single greatest experiences I have ever had on DL. She's thinking bout her abortions and whoring in such a sweet lilting voice....."moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo"? Now this is a goldmine of a song!!! I am singing this all damn day now. I've been undressed by kings, yes its true.

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2015 6:17 PM

How do you move like Harlow?

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2015 6:36 PM

R9, how have you never heard this song? Actually, never mind. If you've never heard this song, you're far too young to have anything interesting to say.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2015 6:37 PM

ASSterROIDS

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2015 6:41 PM

[quote]If you've never heard this song, you're far too young to have anything interesting to say.

You give us older people a bad name. Stop being such a twat.

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2015 6:52 PM

[quote] You give us older people a bad name. Stop being such a twat.

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand you without your teeth in.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2015 7:01 PM

R13 Don't worry we don't think all Eldergays are annoying. Just those that refuse to believe we left the 60s behind like the OP.

R14 Stop being so cunty and pick up your hemorrhoid prescription

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2015 7:04 PM

ahh, this song reminds me of my childhood, i remember listening it on the radio all the time. I didn't understand the lyrics but I was enamored by her "karen carpenter-esque" voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2015 1:57 AM

Well, Jackie did live on the Isle of Greece (the only one).

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2015 2:31 AM

The cunty Kennedy troll is even lower on the food chain than the program troll & Mrs Patrick Campbell

by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2015 2:35 AM

I thought it was about the life of Mrs. Patrick Campbell.

by Anonymousreply 19November 5, 2015 3:31 AM

I've never been to me

But I shook my son to death

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 1:31 PM

[quote]I have never heard of this song

They’ll let anyone into the lounge these days.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 1:36 PM

R2, that's MARTHA Mitchell. Margaret Mitchell wrote Gone With the Wind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 1:56 PM

I think the protagonist of this song was supposed to be childless and regretted choosing freedom, glamour, and a care-free life over a family?

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 1:58 PM

I always thought the song was supposed to be about fictional soft-core cinema icon of the '70s, Emanuelle, as played by either Laura Gemser. Watch any of those movies, the lyrics to the song is basically taken from their plots...

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 2:13 PM

It certainly fits Jackie On Assistance, what with those two children who died as they were born, but Google tells us it was originally written for a man, and rewritten for Charlene.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 3:55 PM

[R2] That is Julie Nixon Eiserhow and Martha Mitchell

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2019 4:14 PM

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that the song was written about tennis ace, Pam Shriver

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 5:36 PM

It was written about Warren Beatty.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 6:29 PM

If it was Martha Mitchell, it would have been: "Shook my tits at Nixon's men and got drugged up in defeat"

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 9:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!