Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is this a dysfunctional friendship?

My mom constantly talks about her one friend all the time. She drags her into every conversation. The friend is going to come live with us next month. Free of charge, I'm sure. And I must say I always wondered if the relationship between the two is that of lesbianism. If not, it is way too dysfunctional to be considered a healthy friendship. My mom waits on her hand and foot. She is almost like a slave to this woman.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2020 3:50 AM

OP is weird.

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2015 3:27 AM

I would also like to add that my mom buys this woman a boatload of food. Helps her find a job.

Not looking forward to see her move in with us considering that she pretty much is jealous of how much money my mom puts into me as well as how much attention my dad funnels into raising me.

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2015 3:27 AM

Nobody cares what you think, stupid. It's her life.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2015 3:38 AM

And nobody is jealous of an illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2015 3:39 AM

R3 I wouldn't express my thoughts on her if that woman wasn't moving into our house where I have to see her constantly.

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2015 3:41 AM

OP Just watch and wait. Eventually you'll put all of the pieces of the puzzle together once you see them living in the same house.

by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2015 5:09 AM

How long has she been friends with this woman, OP?

You'd be surprised what kinds of things you don't know about their relationship. I think as you age you end up with friends like that on occasion. Maybe from the outside the friendship may not make sense or even seem dysfunctional but the root of it may have been the reason why these two hooked up in the first place. Also, just maybe, it's not your business.

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2015 5:12 AM

R6 is right. You will see very quickly what is happening between them. Plus what function should frendship serve? If your mum is not lonely, that is a functional friendship.

But them a bottle of wine and leave them alone.

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2015 5:18 AM

Buy, buy them...

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2015 5:19 AM

After she moves in, try to smell your mom's friend's breath in the morning when she wakes up and before she's had any coffee, tea or nanaimo bars. If it smells like an open can of clams left in a car in July, then you know ...

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2015 5:23 AM

Why is she moving in, does it have anything to do with your dad leaving?

Move out, it's time... the longer you wait, the more difficult it will be.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2015 5:33 AM

R11, she's like her plush toy. She lived with us for a year or so before she moved out. Now she's moving back but I don't think it has anything to do with my dad leaving. He's pretty powerless in the household.

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2015 5:40 AM

Is she moving her friend into your bedroom with you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2015 5:53 AM

No she will be in the room opposite mine.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2015 5:57 AM

"And I must say I always wondered if the relationship between the two is that of lesbianism."

My heavens! Of lesbianism? Lesbianism!

Get me a bromide, and put some gin in it!

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2015 5:57 AM

Your mother is so desperate for you to get a job and move out, that she's moving in this annoying woman in to put pressure on you.

Take a hint, Adam Lanza!

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2015 5:58 AM

LOL, R16!

OP, how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2015 6:23 AM

R17: 37

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2015 6:25 AM

Oh god

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2015 6:27 AM

WTF 37??????? Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2015 6:27 AM

R18 was not me.

I'm 23.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2015 6:28 AM

Oh god, this idiot once again.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2015 6:29 AM

Even if 23 is true (I am leaning toward 37), that is way too old to be whining about your mom's personal life and jealous over competition for her resources and energy put into 'raising you'

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2015 6:37 AM

I don't even have a response to this, I am so shocked. You are waaaay told old for this, OP.

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2015 6:44 AM

John, I thought that you were busy studying for your NCLEXRN exam or whatever it is. Isn't your dad moving out? What happened to your roommate?

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2015 6:45 AM

Here's some questions for you, John:

Mom: Fuck, kill or marry?

Dad: Fuck, kill or marry?

Cadavers: Fuck, kill or marry?

Tom Hardy: Fuck, kill or marry?

by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2015 6:54 AM

R24 I am 23 years old. I guess you could ignore dar my posts?

R25, I am. 6 hours a day. The rest of the time I'm on dl. Or watching movies.

My dad is moving out three months after my nclex date. My roommate is still here.

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2015 7:03 AM

If you can move in a roommate, so can your mother.

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2015 7:05 AM

I didn't know the roommate prior to her living here. My mom was the one who found her.

by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2015 7:07 AM

Mother doesn't like it when you sit down to dinner with dirty fingernails, dull shoe leather, and smutty thoughts...

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2015 7:12 AM

Just give your mom's friend a big pile of used textbooks, and that should keep her busy while you prepare for the future in your program.

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2015 4:31 PM

Wait, is the OP John, or some completely different, random user?

by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2015 4:42 PM

Why do I get the feeling that this ends with John dressing up like his mother and stabbing this woman to death in a motel shower?

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2015 4:53 PM

It's John. So, the household includes dryer-gestapo mother, wimpy father, crazy-ass moocher John, a roomate AND now the potential lesbian lover of dryer-gestapo mom. How the neighbors must love them. It's the Canadian dream! Can you guys imagine the pageant of weird, skittering entrances and exits in that house? The muffled shouts and plaintiff whimpers heard by passersby who glance nervously up at the clouded, barred windows? The faint smell of onions and death which waft from the basement on damp days? "What is that?" asks an innocent neighbor lady of her husband. She hears scratching sounds. Is it a squirrel or some other indigenous Canadian vermin in the attic? No. The sound is coming from the walls. A mouse. No. "Dear God, Walter!" She screams as she stumbles back from the window. "It's that peculiar, spindly boy from next door! He has textbooks in his talons! He hissed my name!" But, the husband doesn't believe her. "Ya know, Molly," he chuckles. "The mother is a dyke." Later that night, Walter finds Molly's lifeless, eyelid-free body in the driveway half-way between the two houses.

by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2015 5:22 PM

^^roommate. I was so overcome, my typing suffered.

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2015 5:23 PM

[QUOTE] I am 23 years old. I guess you could ignore dar my posts?

We would LOVE TO, you fucking porch turd, but you keep posting from incognito browsers and clearing your fucking cookies so you are literally UNAVOIDABLE here.

by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2015 5:35 PM

"Fucking porch turd!" I love that. It's so perfect in an unwelcome, burning bag of poop prank kind of way. It suits him. I'm going to appropriate that and use it in my daily life. R36 is my new best friend. Call me every ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2015 5:45 PM

John, be a sport. Play the game I posted in R26!

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2015 6:06 PM

How do people hate John when he is the catalyst for hilarious threads such as this?

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2015 6:07 PM

Because he's slowly spinning the world's most boring EST, R39, and it's painfully obvious.

by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2015 6:10 PM

I am picturing a bitter, frustrated, but still undefeated Tiger Mom. She got stuck with a ne'er-do-well faggot aspie son, and a husband who lost interest, stopped fucking her years ago. She is going to try a new adventure and WISELY not with a man, who only disappoint, and fail at everything. Go mom!

by Anonymousreply 41November 4, 2015 9:31 PM

[quote]I didn't know the roommate prior to her living here. My mom was the one who found her.

Wait, I'm confused -- your mother moved a female roommate in with you, whom you'd never met prior to that? Does she live in the basement with you?

by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2015 9:45 AM

By the way, John's mom is clearly running a cathouse. OP's roommate is the first employee, and mom's friend is the new recruit.

Maybe she'll pay them to take your virginity! Just close your eyes and picture two really beautiful eyelids.

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2015 11:26 AM

OP has 2 mommies!

by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2015 11:59 AM

I'm still confused by r34 being upset that he/she misspelled "roommate" but left the phrase "plaintiff whimpers" on this thread like...well, a porch turd.

plain·tive ˈplān(t)iv/ adjective sounding sad and mournful. "a plaintive cry" synonyms:tmournful, sad, wistful, doleful, pathetic, pitiful, piteous, melancholy, sorrowful, unhappy, wretched, woeful, forlorn, woebegone; literarydolorous "a plaintive cry"

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2015 12:01 PM

Does anyone else here suspect that John-Boy's "roommate" is really a live-in caretaker?

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2015 10:13 PM

My dykey elderly married Aunt Kathy always mentions her friend Eveliese. Like all the time. I've wondered that about those two.

by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2015 11:01 PM

My never-married aunt has lived with another never-married woman for 40+ years.

My mother insists that they are "just roommates".

by Anonymousreply 48November 7, 2015 12:43 AM

Love them lezbians!

by Anonymousreply 49November 7, 2015 2:47 AM

R41 L Chat is waiting for you.

by Anonymousreply 50November 7, 2015 8:29 PM

Where's the op? Does he always abandon his threads?

by Anonymousreply 51November 7, 2015 10:11 PM

[quote]My never-married aunt has lived with another never-married woman for 40+ years.

[quote]My mother insists that they are "just roommates".

She might not know, R48.

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2020 2:32 AM

[quote]R5 I wouldn't express my thoughts on her if that woman wasn't moving into our house where I have to see her constantly.

How old are you, OP? And why are you still living at home?

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2020 2:39 AM

I am 35 and her only daughter. Last year we went on the Alaska cruise of her dreams. She had saved for eight years to afford it for the two of us and I went and made her dream come true. No, I am not looking forward to this "friend" coming to stay one bit. She has all sorts of projects planned for her and my mom. If they come through, she won't have the money for the Costa Rica trip we've planned for the fall.

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2020 2:45 AM

Wait until you walk in and they are scissoring their taco pussies right there. You are going to feel so fucking stupid OP. I hope you get AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2020 3:22 AM

r52 Fuck you, bump bitch.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2020 3:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!