Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeb! Bush's stupid new campaign slogan is totally backfiring on Twitter.

Jeb! rolled out "Jeb Can Fix It" -- like he's advertising as a plumber -- as his new campaign slogan today. What could go wrong?

So, of course, Twitter is having NONE of it, mocking him in #JebCanFixThat by scathingly pointing out that that was the slogan for the electoral vote shortage in Florida in 2000.

Social Media is would kill Lee Atwater all over again!

by Anonymousreply 85November 28, 2020 3:54 PM

Jeb can fix it?!?! Who ARE these idiots?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 1November 2, 2015 8:24 PM

Why doesn't he just say "I'm Joe the Plumber!"

by Anonymousreply 2November 2, 2015 8:24 PM

They are even dredging up poor Noelle, his crackhead daughter and how Jeb! fixed her sentence by contributing $900,000 of taxpayer money to the judge's charity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 2, 2015 8:24 PM

JEB has run out of republican - lite campaign slogans.

by Anonymousreply 4November 2, 2015 8:26 PM

Donald Trump says "Jeb's new slogan - "Jeb can fix it". I never thought of Jeb as a crook! Stupid message, the word "fix" is not a good one to use in politics!"

by Anonymousreply 5November 2, 2015 8:26 PM

It's better than the last slogan: "I'm the smart Bush!"

by Anonymousreply 6November 2, 2015 8:28 PM

This is working out so well for him.

by Anonymousreply 7November 2, 2015 8:29 PM

Can he fix his dead in the water campaign?

by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2015 8:30 PM

no he can't

by Anonymousreply 9November 2, 2015 8:31 PM

You can't fix a brain you don't have!

by Anonymousreply 10November 2, 2015 8:33 PM

What exactly do Republicans think is 'broken' right now? The only thing BROKEN is the Republican Party itself (and by extension, Congress). Republicans aren't going to fix THAT.

by Anonymousreply 11November 2, 2015 8:41 PM

Translation:

Fix = Do some really fucked up shit that will dramatically and more rapidly transfer even greater percentages of the country's wealth to the top.

by Anonymousreply 12November 2, 2015 8:52 PM

What's next? Butt crack?

by Anonymousreply 13November 2, 2015 8:54 PM

I would most like Jeb to fix today's bias for shaving one's Bush.

by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2015 8:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2015 9:03 PM

Jeb! can fix it so that war profiteering never ends.

Jeb! can fix it so that the richest will take a greater share of the wealth than ever.

Jeb! can fix it so that the loser of the popular vote can still seize victory in the electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 16November 2, 2015 9:05 PM

That settles it-- I'm voting for Mr. Goodwrench.

by Anonymousreply 17November 2, 2015 9:06 PM

Based on family history, that fix will also be bush league.

by Anonymousreply 18November 2, 2015 9:10 PM

He fixed the FL votes to go to Dubya

by Anonymousreply 19November 2, 2015 9:12 PM

He should go back to smuggling cocaine through Florida airports and aiding Arab terrorists. He's better at that.

by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2015 9:13 PM

So no one told him about "Jim'll fix it"? Naming your slogan after a popular TV show with Jimmy Savile who turned out to be one of the most prolific and horrible child molester?

I would fire whoever came up eith this idea. What's next, naming his mansion "Neverland"?

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2015 9:25 PM

[quote] Jeb! can fix it so that war profiteering never ends. Jeb! can fix it so that the richest will take a greater share of the wealth than ever. Jeb! can fix it so that the loser of the popular vote can still seize victory in the electoral college.

R16 You forgot the gays. I'm going to fix them too.

by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2015 9:42 PM

Good news:

Internet Trolls Hijack ‘Jeb Can Fix It’ Campaign, Possibly Ending Bush’s Run for Good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2015 11:03 PM

They might just as well gone with their first one ....

"Oh fank you Jeb! You fixeded it!"

by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2015 11:09 PM

Becoming a plumber might be a good option for Jeb! The COO of his campaign was the wrong one to cut loose. His PR/Slogan team needed to go ........... too late for Jeb! to fix that though !!!

by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2015 11:13 PM

Probably the same guy who ran Lamar Alexander's campaign when he ran for prez. His slogan was LAMAR! Most people were like, who the fuck is that? I loved it when a rigged little kid asked Lamar a question at a town hall, and Lamar said, "What's your name, son?" The little boy said "Jimmy". Lamar answered him, "Nice to meet you, Johnny!" and it was all downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 26November 2, 2015 11:21 PM

Dee-mented Cracker Yankee.

by Anonymousreply 27November 2, 2015 11:23 PM

1848 - "Tippecanoe and Tyler too!"

1948 - "Give 'em hell, Harry!"

1964 - "All the way with LBJ!"

2008 - "Yes, we can!"

2016 - "Jeb! can fix it!"

by Anonymousreply 28November 2, 2015 11:27 PM

Except Stupid. Ya can't fix Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 29November 2, 2015 11:29 PM

What is hildabeast's slogan again? It's my time?

by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2015 11:29 PM

R26 and he ran around in a plaid shirt because I guess someone told him that that would make the "ordinary folk" relate to him

by Anonymousreply 31November 2, 2015 11:32 PM

Hillary doesn't really have a slogan yet, only "Hillary For America."

by Anonymousreply 32November 2, 2015 11:35 PM

LOL, R31, that is why Ted Cruz is on TV today wearing hunter's orange and carrying a rifle.

by Anonymousreply 33November 2, 2015 11:35 PM

"it’s generally agreed upon that he’s hanging on by a thread"

He better hope it's not a DL thread. Between the scissor sisters and angry gay men in tattered, stringy caftans here, he has no support in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 34November 2, 2015 11:37 PM

It is going to be an interesting world if Carson gets the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 35November 2, 2015 11:39 PM

Carson isn't really the front-runner, R35. He will be long gone by March.

by Anonymousreply 36November 2, 2015 11:40 PM

If this years GOP primary canpaign were a satire or something out of a Mel Brooks movie we'd be rolling on the floor laughing. But it's not. These people are serious, they want to lead our country.

'Merica? You in trouble girl!

by Anonymousreply 37November 2, 2015 11:42 PM

"Hillary doesn't really have a slogan yet"

I will fill the bill, pay our bill, even pass a bill, but to help win I will Bill you.

by Anonymousreply 38November 2, 2015 11:45 PM

R36, really? He is second and gaining. The next candidate is 13 points behind him. Granted Hillary lost a lead like this in 07/08, but who do,you predict is going to knock Carson down? Trump will crash and Carson will take over.

by Anonymousreply 39November 2, 2015 11:46 PM

I think it's going to be Ted Cruz, who is the scariest in a very scary bunch.

by Anonymousreply 40November 2, 2015 11:51 PM

R39, Carson is the front-runner the way Herman Cain was the front-runner. Cruz will knock him out of the running then Cruz will be knocked out. The polls are being taken on behalf of the same corporations that sell campaign ads. They will promote everyone they can until the campaign cash runs dry.

by Anonymousreply 41November 2, 2015 11:53 PM

Have they never heard of Jimmy Saville?

by Anonymousreply 42November 2, 2015 11:58 PM

[quote] I will fill the bill, pay our bill, even pass a bill, but to help win I will Bill you.

That's cool, I love Bill - he was such a good president.

by Anonymousreply 43November 2, 2015 11:59 PM

Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian, posted this to her Facebook page:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 3, 2015 12:01 AM

...like he and his operatives FIXED the 2000 Presidential election in Florida for his BRO?

I know and had a key role.

by Anonymousreply 45November 3, 2015 12:02 AM

Jeb! had dreams of a McCain-like comeback to take the nomination but they were always a long-shot and they are circling the drain today.

I have no idea what kind of fucking lunatic is going to win the Republican nomination. What I do know is that Hillary will crush him.

by Anonymousreply 46November 3, 2015 12:03 AM

Well look at it from Karl Rove's point of view.He's got to take out Carson. If you're paying attention, you'll notice that since the debate, there's been more negative press about Carson. Not lies or distortions, but actually reporting shit he says, and pointing out the lies he tells. Before the media was handling him with kid gloves. No more. Karl Rove turned the worm.

Once you get Carson out of the way, (and Rubio) you want to make Bush everyone's second choice. After Trump. Trump will not leave the race unless he starts losing polls and primaries. So he'll be around. Now let's look at Kasich & Christie, and possibly Fiorina. If Fiorina behaves she might find her way onto a ticket. Or not. Rove's style would be to encourage her to self destruct. She will.

So now you have Kasich, Huckabee, Miss Lindsey Graham, Bobby Jindal, Christie Etc. Kasich might get promised the vice presidency. It makes sense. He can definitely deliver Ohio, and Rove knows he will get along with Jeb. Rubio is going to self destruct. Rove will see to it. Karl will get most people out of the way, except possibly Cruz. Cruz won't be a factor. He is unpleasant and will make Jeb look good. Most GOP candidates won't attack one another. Except Rubio. He will.

By May 2016, Jeb will have it locked up because between now and February, 2016, a lot of people will be gone. Fiorina, Jindal, Kasich, Pataki, Christie, Huckabee, Santorum, poosibly Graham. Now Graham may want to be VP.So look for a Bush Kasich, or a Bush-Graham ticket. And Jeb's pretty son will campaign for the Hispanic vote.

by Anonymousreply 47November 3, 2015 12:05 AM

Well if Jeb continues his downward spiral, then at some point the moderates and establishment GOp will have to stop demonizing Hillary and get out of her way, like they did for Obama in 2008. After the financial meltdown no one wanted to see Mccain and Pailin get elected. it scared them. THey thought they could buy some time to defeat Obama in 2012, and block him until they did. But what happened to Romney should have told them something. The Tea Party didn't support Romney and the moderates didn't like him.

by Anonymousreply 48November 3, 2015 12:18 AM

With every year that passes, "Idiocracy" seems more and more like a documentary.

by Anonymousreply 49November 3, 2015 1:15 AM

The Jeb! campaign wasn't even savvy enough to buy the domain name Jebcanfixit.com.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 3, 2015 2:30 AM

I love this. It's as if Jeb! can do NOTHING right.

by Anonymousreply 51November 3, 2015 2:40 AM

I bet brother Neil feels better and better about himself every year.

by Anonymousreply 52November 3, 2015 3:01 AM

I lost 50 pounds for THIS?

by Anonymousreply 53November 3, 2015 3:05 AM

His son George P. Bush is highly fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 54November 3, 2015 3:22 AM

George P. Bush

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 3, 2015 3:26 AM

R55 he must be the best looking George Bush in the family!

by Anonymousreply 56November 3, 2015 3:28 AM

Eh, he still has the dead eyes that they all have.

by Anonymousreply 57November 3, 2015 3:38 AM

The only thing he fixed was Columba- the wife, getting off on tax evasion charges when she tried to sneak thousands of dollars worth of jewels into the country without paying taxes on them. If she is truly Mexican and speaks Spanish, she should be out there trying to drum up the hispanic vote. MI GENTE_ MI ESPOSO ES UN GRAN HOMBRE!!!!!! She will never show her face- Gracias a dios. I want to see Barbara cry when he gets out of the race. One last humiliation for the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 58November 3, 2015 3:49 AM

Dick Cheney was the real President from January, 2001 to January, 2009. W. was the dim-bulb VP who got to live in the White House in exchange for his cooperation. Jeb! is the new Dan Quayle by Proxy.

by Anonymousreply 59November 3, 2015 4:34 AM

It's going to be Mitt Romney.

The GOP is not averse to running a candidate who lost a presidential election. Remember Nixon?

Mitt will be trotted out at the end of the campaign season, so he doesn't have to take part in intra-party debates and he won't be followed around by the press for a year. No fundraisers either.

by Anonymousreply 60November 3, 2015 4:48 AM

There is a wedding photo of Jeb and Columba on the net that looks like a circus photo. He's so tall and weird looking and she looks like a midget.

I'd link to it, but google image won't allow me to make links anymore on my iPhone

by Anonymousreply 61November 3, 2015 4:52 AM

At least he is honest, unlike that lying bitch Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 62November 3, 2015 5:13 AM

The pic at r55 is how I imagine the cuz looks in the other thread

by Anonymousreply 63November 3, 2015 5:30 AM

[quote]Except Stupid. Ya can't fix Stupid.

Or crazy. You can't fix stupid OR crazy. That about covers the entire GOP.

by Anonymousreply 64November 3, 2015 6:27 AM

LOL I love Deven Green!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 3, 2015 6:31 AM

I'm Dickens, He's Bush.

by Anonymousreply 66November 3, 2015 10:30 AM

Plus, Jeb loves his Daddy! He declared that he would kill for him and he would go to prison for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 3, 2015 10:48 AM

Given the candidates, he should have tried something like, 'Jeb! I'm not the scariest'

by Anonymousreply 68November 3, 2015 10:58 AM

LOL! R67 great find. I never saw that. But you know Pappy Bush (41) is so damned old there's not much risk of Jeb having to do either one for him. OTOH, I wonder if Jebby feels the same way about W? (43), because if anyone was staring at jail time according to the International Court, it would be W, Rummy & Cheney.

ALtho, it's not a bad plan. Let's say Jeb killed for W. Then Jeb goes to prison. So he can't run for POTUS. Unless he qualifies for the new sentencing guidelines and gets early release.

by Anonymousreply 69November 3, 2015 11:38 AM

Bush being a non-starter means nothing. W. was the same way in the 2000 primaries. Jeb! will be the last one standing come next spring. For right now, all he has to do is sit back and let the crazies battle each other, and let the process of elimination run its course. He will trot out the Mexicans in his family to the battleground states in the Southwest. He will make Kasich VP to deliver Ohio, and he will deliver Florida of course. He has done it before. I fear things might work out quite well for him.

by Anonymousreply 70November 3, 2015 9:54 PM

I can't see it happening, R70. The world has changed so much since 2000. Even a lot of the Pubbies hate the Bush family, and would prefer Hillary to Jeb.

by Anonymousreply 71November 3, 2015 9:59 PM

R71, I hope you are right, but the Rethugs barely vote their conscience. They always vote for the Republican candidate-no matter how much of a lowlife POS the candidate is. The good thing about Jeb! being the nominee is the independents will run to Hillary. Plus, Bill is enough to hopefully neutralize any gains Bush will possibly make. I just know all the Rovian tactics-including making up fake polls, sending out fake protesters, & tampering with voter registration drives.

by Anonymousreply 72November 3, 2015 10:32 PM

He was called Poppy Bush, not Pappy, and it was an inside joke for those knew that, dating back to his days at the CIA, he controlled the opium trade in Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 73November 3, 2015 11:21 PM

I thought Bush Jr. was a fool, but Jeb sparkles and shines in the idiot category.

by Anonymousreply 74November 3, 2015 11:39 PM

And your sparkle and shine, Don, can be seen from space.

by Anonymousreply 75November 3, 2015 11:42 PM

Yes, Jeb seems worse than GWB.

by Anonymousreply 76November 3, 2015 11:52 PM

Jeb is way worse than W. Jeb is a very rigid, very religious Ideologue. He is thin skinned, vindictive, and self righteous. He doesn't listen to people and knows every damned thing. Oh, except in foreign policy. In that area he listens to Wolfowitz and all the guys who advised his brother into Iraq. The Neo Cons are colluding with Netanyahu to invade iran. Jeb is part of that.

He will bring ruin down on us and hand what's left of this country over to the Corporate police state in a heart beat. I just do not understand people. A fucking Tea Party Republican won the Kentucky Governor's race tonight. He ran on a pledge that he would make sure Kentucky dropped out of anything connected to Obama care in his state. Now either turn out was low and the fucking Dems didn't show up to vote, or the people in Kentucky are fucking braindead. Why do I tak about Kentucky? Because next year we will be dealing with Kentucky x 50. I hope Hillary can pull this off. I hope she has a solid path to the White House and I sincerely hope nothing new or bad happens to her, because Karl Rove and his Evil doers will do anything to win.

by Anonymousreply 77November 4, 2015 1:03 AM

JEB IS A MESS!

by Anonymousreply 78November 28, 2020 7:37 AM

Jeb! called it when he said a Trump presidency would be characterized by chaos.

by Anonymousreply 79November 28, 2020 11:37 AM

Whoever ran against Donald Trump in 2016 should not ever ran again. How suck can you be to lose to the orange man? He didn't even have debate prep, he just got up there bullshitted a bunch of stuff and he beat the crap out of them.

by Anonymousreply 80November 28, 2020 1:44 PM

Uh oh, what’s Trump doing that the trolls are bumping 5-year old threads?

by Anonymousreply 81November 28, 2020 1:47 PM

Jeb couldn't come close to fixing it when campaigning against a political novice.

He should just go home, stay quiet and wait to die.

by Anonymousreply 82November 28, 2020 1:49 PM

Yes, with his Svengali-like power of human perception, r79.

by Anonymousreply 83November 28, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote] Whoever ran against Donald Trump in 2016 should not ever ran again. How suck can you be to lose to the orange man?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 28, 2020 3:26 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 28, 2020 3:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!