Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The worst hangover of my life.

I guess I'm not 21 any more. I am 34. Went to a Halloween party last night. Not sure what possessed me to do whiskey shots, but I did. I woke up this morning hurting like a college student. I'm dry heaving, I'm shaking, my right eye is throbbing, and I look like Nick Nolte's mugshot. I feel awful. I also have no food in the house. Any recommendations for beating a hangover fast? I took two ibuprofen and I am trying to drink water but I just heave it back up again.

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2020 5:03 PM

crystal meth'll fix you right up in no time

by Anonymousreply 1November 1, 2015 2:30 PM

if you can get your hands on some ativan go for it.

by Anonymousreply 2November 1, 2015 2:31 PM

Take four Excedrin. Last night.

by Anonymousreply 3November 1, 2015 2:32 PM

Take Ginger supplements, curbs nausea.

by Anonymousreply 4November 1, 2015 2:32 PM

Go back to bed. You're screwed until tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 5November 1, 2015 2:34 PM

Ice pack on your head. I know it's old school, but it works.

by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2015 2:35 PM

Have a banana with honey, or a banana and a cup of Greek yogurt.

The potassium will replenish you, the honey will get your blood sugar up, and the yogurt will coat your stomach.

Or have some pears. They did a study recently that showed they're a good hangover-killer.

by Anonymousreply 7November 1, 2015 2:41 PM

The hangover trifecta: hair of the dog, sex, and smoking copious amounts of pot.

by Anonymousreply 8November 1, 2015 2:41 PM

My partner says Gatorade works for him.

I'm like you, nothing stays down when I'm hungover. I can't even stay in bed. I usually curl up in a big chair and sleep semi-reclining until I feel somewhat human, usually another 5-6 hours. Then I go out for a big cheeseburger and a beer. That at least brings be back from the dead.

But you won't feel 100% until tomorrow. And I hate to tell you, it only gets worse as you get older. I'm in my 50s and I recently had a hangover that lasted for 2 days...and I didn't even drink that much. It wasn't as debilitating as yours, but I had a dull headache even 48 hours afterward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2015 3:05 PM

A McDonalds Double Cheeseburger always helps me.

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2015 3:07 PM

get out of your home, you need fresh air

by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2015 3:09 PM

In the future... avoid brown tinged spirits...

by Anonymousreply 12November 1, 2015 3:16 PM

Get fucked within an inch of your life. That'll sweat out the hangover. Afterwards, shower, eat a bacon burger, and go back to bed. You'll feel much better upon reawakening later today.

by Anonymousreply 13November 1, 2015 3:23 PM

[quote] In the future... avoid brown tinged spirits...

That's a myth.

I've had killer, can't-get-off-the-bathroom-floor hangovers from Bombay martinis. Thirty years later I can't even stand the smell of Bombay. Not that I quit drinking, I just switched gins

by Anonymousreply 14November 1, 2015 3:25 PM

There should've been more typos in this to make it believable.

by Anonymousreply 15November 1, 2015 3:28 PM

r 14 in Gins case... It's the juniper. God does not want us to consume conifers.

by Anonymousreply 16November 1, 2015 3:29 PM

Ugh, I had my last very very bad hangover at 33 and I haven't gone that far since. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital; I could feel the poison pulsing through my veins the next morning and couldn't keep anything down.

It took me about five days to feel normal again. Everyone here seems pretty confident that you'll bounce back by tomorrow though, OP. I hope so for your sake (though I doubt it, your upcoming week is probably going to be 'off'!).

by Anonymousreply 17November 1, 2015 3:34 PM

OP, last time I had a hangover I was sick for 48 hours and constantly puked up my guts. Lets just say I haven't had many drinks since! Lol

by Anonymousreply 18November 1, 2015 3:38 PM

Lay quietly in a darkened room, don't try to do anything more ambitious for many hours. Then shower. Saltine crackers, sip ginger ale.

by Anonymousreply 19November 1, 2015 3:41 PM

Welcome to middle age. Once I hit 35, I couldn't have more than 2 drinks or I'd pay the next day. Consider today a lesson and learn from it.

by Anonymousreply 20November 1, 2015 4:16 PM

Dramamine.. Get the chewable type. Or let the non-chewable, bad-tasting type dissolve on your tongue. Then swish and swallow. Don't worry about the bad taste -- that mans you're absorbing it, which you want. Put a bottle of water at your bedside and lie down. When you feel a little dizzy, drink some water. The dizziness should mean the medication is working. After drinking some water, see if it stays down. If it does, drink a little more. Just sips at a time. You may eventually fall asleep. That's ok.

You may think I have lots of experience with hangovers, but I don't. I have lots of experience with migraine headaches where I would throw up. Dramamine works. But it does dry your mouth, so try to take sips of water every five minutes before you fall asleep.

I never use the chewable type. I'm used to the taste of the regular type. I know it's going to help my headache and my nausea and I'm not sure if the chewable type will help as much.

by Anonymousreply 21November 1, 2015 4:32 PM

Why do hangovers get worse as we get older? I find this to be distressingly true.

by Anonymousreply 22November 1, 2015 4:46 PM

[quote] Consider today a lesson and learn from it.

Ah, if only t'were possible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 1, 2015 5:11 PM

R22 I think part of it may be that our livers start to process alcohol more slowly.

by Anonymousreply 24November 1, 2015 5:51 PM

McDonald's. Gatorade. Oxycodone. Go back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 25November 1, 2015 5:58 PM

Taking a vitamin B-Complex before drinking another the next morning, along with a reasonable amount of water the night of and the day after helps, but it's a little late for OP.

Try not to hate yourself all day; take some comfort in knowing that a lot of us learn the same lesson around your age. Have some bread and take it easy. Tomorrow you'll feel better, but you probably won't be 100% until later Tuesday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 26November 1, 2015 7:02 PM

How are you doing OP? If you can hold anything down at this point (about 5 hours later) I agree with the ginger ale and crackers. Small sip, little nibble, repeat. Hot shower, bad TV (helps you go back to sleep.)

I also co-sign on the Ativan.

by Anonymousreply 27November 1, 2015 7:14 PM

Nan from my AA group says bad hangovers are a sign you have a problem.

by Anonymousreply 28November 1, 2015 10:11 PM

I'm 30, can still down 5-6 Long Islands in a night, and have never had a hangover.

I win the genetic lottery!

by Anonymousreply 29November 1, 2015 10:19 PM

Give it five years r29.

I rarely drink enough to get a hangover but if I do it's now an all day affair instead of the have a shower, a coffee, 2 ibuprofen and shrug it off deal it used to be. I've found that buttered toast, poached egg, coffee, an electrolyte sports drink and a darkened room help. Once semi-human a brisk walk, hoping not to puke en route, helps too.

by Anonymousreply 30November 1, 2015 10:27 PM

I can't drink much at all anymore, and my last hangover was decades ago. One drink, and I'm done. Eventually, you learn that the partying and drinking is not worth the way you feel the next day. Protein and orange juice worked for me. Eggs, a hamburger, etc. Unfortunately, some people never learn to slow down on the drinking, and that's when it becomes a big problem.

by Anonymousreply 31November 1, 2015 11:43 PM

I wouldn't suggest taking oxycodone when you have a hangover. You still have alcohol in your system, and you don't want to end up like Lamar.

by Anonymousreply 32November 1, 2015 11:53 PM

Maybe time to quit drinking. Your body is raising the white flag.

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2020 5:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!