Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poetic Justice

Why did Janet Jackson sign on to such a dog of a movie? At least she looked good. She wasn't nearly as chipmunky as usual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2020 8:31 PM

You can tell she's had cheek implants since that photo was taken, OP. Now she resembles this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 1, 2015 5:41 AM

Cheek implants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 1, 2015 5:44 AM

The only thing I remember about this movie is that Janet's family wanted Tupac to take an AIDS test.

by Anonymousreply 3November 1, 2015 5:44 AM

Are you under some misapprehension that Janet Jackson is an actress, OP? She's not, and should have considered herself lucky to get cast in any movie.

by Anonymousreply 4November 1, 2015 6:09 AM

She looked her best here.

by Anonymousreply 5November 1, 2015 6:24 AM

Its a terrible movie but I have to watch it whenever its on.

by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2015 7:38 AM

God. She's a worse actress than Madonna and that's saying something...

by Anonymousreply 7November 1, 2015 9:20 AM

I like the movie but not because of Janet.

by Anonymousreply 8November 1, 2015 10:08 AM

Gah, Singleton is such a hack! Imagine, a character who writes poetry whose name is Justice. You know he took the phrase Poetic Justice and wrote that frickin' screenplay around it. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2015 1:34 PM

R9: As soon as I read the synopsis of the movie I was like NOPE.

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2015 2:12 PM

This In Living Color sketch still makes me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2015 6:43 PM

Never heard of it, OP. Are you the Janet Jackson troll?

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2020 8:24 PM

Yeah, that movie was a total headscratcher, couldn't figure out what it was trying to do. I just remember Janet drinking, crying in a mirror and I was like 'Welp, they've pegged my Friday nights.'

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2020 8:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!