Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else watching Ash vs. the Evil Dead?

So far so good for a premier.

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2018 4:18 AM

And Bruce Campbell is still kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 1November 1, 2015 4:04 AM

Really, no one?

by Anonymousreply 2November 1, 2015 5:20 AM

I don't think a lot of people get Starz, R2. They're probably waiting for Torrents availability or something. Saw the first 4 minutes on Youtube. Seemed a little too easy that the barfly chick he was banging would be one of the deadites. Haven't seen the whole episode though so maybe it gets better...

by Anonymousreply 3November 1, 2015 5:48 AM

Loved it. Very reminiscent of Evil Dead 2. Lots of gore and humor.

Lunkhead Bruce Campbell is still a hot daddy. I would let him fuck me in a bar bathroom too.

Leave it to Ash to resurrect the dead by trying to impress a chick while smoking weed. Poetry from the Necronimocon, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 4November 1, 2015 2:52 PM

Loved it!

by Anonymousreply 5November 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Great show...love the mix of cartoon demon gore and sly humor/camp.

by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2015 4:25 PM

And it's got Lucy Lawless.

by Anonymousreply 7November 1, 2015 5:37 PM

What is this? A feature or a series? How long?

by Anonymousreply 8November 1, 2015 7:39 PM

It's a Starz series R8. Picks up Ash thirty years later. First scene has him cinching himself into a corset.

by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2015 8:56 PM

And it has already been renewed for a second season .............Whoo Hoo !!

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2015 8:57 PM

I don't have time for all the great series on TV anymore. We've sure come a long way since the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 11November 2, 2015 7:15 AM

I love Bruce Campbell and the Evil Dead movies but we don't get Starz here.

by Anonymousreply 12November 2, 2015 8:43 AM

R12, learn how to use torrents!

by Anonymousreply 13November 3, 2015 5:01 AM

The ep was hilarious, and this show is gonna be great.

Shlocky, sure, but there's nothing wrong with that!

And the humour is very self-deprecating, which is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 14November 3, 2015 5:02 AM

I really like the schlocky-ness too. Sick of the SERIOUS TV horror

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2015 12:14 AM

Ahem, premiere.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2015 1:14 AM

Haha. Mimi Rogers is this episode.

by Anonymousreply 17November 8, 2015 2:54 AM

It looks like the episodes are going to be short. This one was less than a half hour long (with a couple minutes 'behind the scenes added)

Lots of good stuff with the deadite manager and deadite mom ........... they're not skimping on the effects.

I'm liking it.

by Anonymousreply 18November 8, 2015 7:34 AM

r13, better yet, cyberlockers. Sure you have to pay a nominal fee, but it's less than $10 a month, and you get to keep whatever you want that you download, with the commercials all conveniently edited out. I pay for Rapidgator and Filefactory and never have any trouble finding whatever I want.

Love this show, I was my nieces and nephews' primary babysitter, and I showed them whatever horror movies I like, and Evil Dead 2 was our favorite. We watched it over 100 times. Some of the parents didn't care, and some of them were mad about it. The sister-in-law most of us disliked, reminded everyone of Kirstie Alley, convinced one of the nieces, her daughter, she didn't like it. But another niece, child of one of my cool sisters, and two nephews kept watching it obsessively. The two nephews are still very into it and enjoying the show. The niece is enjoying it too, horror is her favorite genre and I'm sure I had a lot to do with that.

by Anonymousreply 19November 8, 2015 9:12 AM

This show is probably my favorite thing I'm watching right now.

All just pure fun. Raimi does 'horror-comedy' (a genre I don't really like) better than anyone.

Bruce Campbell is still a strong leading man and they have backed him up with an excellent supporting cast (I really like Kelly and Pablo. I think the cop will eventually be a love interest for Ash .......... and with that many 'good guys', I am thinking Lucy Lawless will end up being a villain, trying to get the book for bad purposes)

The very biggest problem is that it is TOO SHORT ........... but that half hour always packs a lot of punch. And I was hoping they'd start ending the episodes like an old time 'serial' with someone in jeopardy and this week they came through with the cop and the resurrected book store owner (with the tongue)

Good times and very glad it has been renewed already for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2015 11:03 PM

[quote] Raimi does 'horror-comedy' (a genre I don't really like) better than anyone.

I so agree, I usually hate comedy-horror (cutesy-pie iZombie for example), but Raimi is one of the few who can make it work.

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2015 8:47 AM

Bruce in his prime, what a beautiful stud. His looks have held up surprisingly well, considering his pushing 60 now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2015 9:05 AM

Agreeing with others above - the blood and gore is SO over the top that it's hysterical

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2015 6:35 PM

So nice to see a show that is all about the fans. No pretense of 'Emmy' bait .......... it is all just 'Get in and come along for the ride'.

Everyone involved is having a great time and sharing it with the fans.

Shame it is airing on Starz and a wider audience isn't seeing it in real time. Starz should work with Netflix or Hulu to widen the audience.

Still not believing Lucy Lawless is a good guy (even though she is tied to the family that owned the original cabin). Notice how she killed the one Deadite right before he was about to say something ... off with his head.

Ash's trip was pretty funny, having little to do with the book or its history and all about various pop culture bits.

Will see where they go with the Kelly demon possession. For a half hour show, there is enough territory to cover. I hope Pablo's uncle remains part of Ash's team.

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2015 10:48 PM

Got to meet Bruce live a few years ago. Great, laid back guy and still very handsome. Signed a photo for me that I have hanging in my living room and I'm not one that collects such things but, sigh, he is SO handsome but in a kind of suburban Dad way now. If I had time I'd post the pic.

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2015 11:13 PM

5 episodes down, 5 more to go for this season.

Poor Pablo is the latest one to lose a loved one to a deadite. Did he get some type of mystical power from that charm his tio (brujo) left him ? (as he was walking down the road, all of the totems were catching fire)

Lucy Lawless displayed a hint of lesbian interest in Amanda ...........

I hope Starz finds a way to ensure a larger crowd gets to see the show (through streaming). It is a good time.

I'm not sure I could ever trust someone after they were possessed. Kelly got pretty gnarly there for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2015 3:21 AM

-----

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2015 5:05 AM

I like it. Man, I was watching "Army of Darkness" again the other day and Bruce Campbell is so hot in it.

Age is BITCH. Mind you, I wouldn't kick him out of bed nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2015 12:44 PM

I'm a couple of episode behind, but I've had a lot of fun watching the show so far...

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2015 7:15 PM

"Army of Darkness" is my favourite movie, so I'm glad that the series is such a similar kind of feel - I guess because Raimi's doing it. The filmed the whole thing over here, so there was a lot in the media about it - Campbell was his usual, fun interview self.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2015 7:29 PM

So hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2015 7:39 PM

Billy Campbell is Bruce's second cousin. Is Billy the heir to Campbell soup ? (I'm pretty sure he's an heir to something, but that one sounds too simple). I wonder if Bruce is too.

Bruce is 57 and has four kids. He has a son who must be an adult by now. Wonder if he looks like daddy.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2015 9:57 PM

I'm streaming this right this in another window based on the recommendations here. The show is great and Campbell is indeed a strong actor. But you folks saying that you would "still hit it" are nuts. Bruce Campbell looks really rough. Of course, anyone in their sixties would. 'As a rule, I'm not into plastic surgery on men . . . but Campbell would have benefited from a skillful nip tuck, a la Tammy Cruise/Brad Pitt prior to filming. As it is now, his face looks like ten miles of bad road.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2015 3:03 AM

So, what happened to Ash's real hand ? I'm sure it'll turn up soon enough.

I'm also sure that was not the end of Lucy Lawless's character either.

Thus far, I was right about LL's character wanting the book for herself (for whatever bad reasons) and that Amanda and Ash would be coupling.

WOW ..........that diner scene. They're certainly throwing the grue at the screen. The opening scene wasn't that heavy (with th deadite skeleton), but there was a load of carnage in that diner (it seems Lucy's character is always one step behind ..... she'll probably run into the waitress's cook husband and fan kid by the time she arrives there.

And I don't imagine that Lem is a one episode character either ..... he (and possibly his militia buddies) will be back .... maybe a new 'Army of Darkness' ??

by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2015 3:29 AM

The latest episode really upped the ante in terms of gruesomeness and what they're willing to show on TV, didn't it? Between the lady having her head separated into deli slices and the child being tossed into the fan, I feel like they made a point about the show being our go-to for daring violence. As a horror fan, it's rare even now to see a child get a violent death (the only other on TV I can think of is Sophia in the Walking Dead, and that wasn't even as gleefully splashy as Fan Boy). I appreciate that the show is willing to get so schlocky and push the boundaries of taste even if (or because) it makes my jaw drop. Keep it coming, evil dead!

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2015 5:39 AM

They played a pretty fine line with Fan Boy. He was old enough that he could've been a young adult (18) ..... but yep, they are willing to go fast and furious with the action.

I like all of the leads in the show, so I really hope they're not too willing to sacrifice any of them. I know that is not the way horror usually works (even TV horror), but I'd hate to see Pablo, Kelly or Amanda permanently off the show.

Kelly's temporary possession was good enough.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2015 3:20 PM

Another really strong episode. I knew Lucy Lawless (Ruby) was a bad guy. Is she like a Deadite 2.0 (that looks normal, like a Terminator) ??

Still digging the couples (Pablo/Kelly and Ash/Amanda, who got flirtier than Pablo/Kelly have done yet). A nice mix of 'rom-com, laughs and horror (totally horror).

Someone on another thread (Scream Queens) said they HATE this show, which I don't get .......even imdb has it rated at 9/10 , which is pretty rare.

There could've been more survivalist carnage, but overall, they really didn't skimp on it too much. Deadite tree guy was great and did some real damage before he got taken out for good.

Only three more episodes until season one is done. I hope season two starts sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2015 8:23 PM

I'm enjoying the series and looking forward to the last 3 episodes

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2015 8:31 PM

Hilarious and gross! Such fun. I got turned on by the hot cop in the first episode, Mike Edward. He's my new obsession!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2015 9:49 PM

Mike Edward played the gladiator with the ginormous cock in 'Spartacus' the TV show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2015 9:52 PM

Oh didn't see that coming with tonight's episode!

Looking forward to the last 2 episodes!

by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2015 4:02 AM

Too bad that was so obviously a prosthetic/fake cock.

by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2015 4:17 AM

Goddammit ! I was so sure that with the arrival of those campers that the rest of 'the gang' was safe. Ugh. I guess 'the point' is that no one is save in this story. BOO.

It started off so funny with the dead bird/live bird gag ........ I am sure that (unfortunately) Amanda will be back next week .......... and they didn't introduce those three campers in those nasty woods for nothing.

Should be a good final two episodes ...... where is Ruby and whose stuff (notes and sword) was in the cabin ?

What are you talking about, R42 ??

by Anonymousreply 43December 20, 2015 7:21 PM

R43, see R40.

by Anonymousreply 44December 20, 2015 7:24 PM

R43 Yeah I was surprised the turn it took, but I realized they needed to up the ante for the final 2 episodes. But its been a fun ride and I am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out -- esp since a 2nd season is already in the works!

by Anonymousreply 45December 20, 2015 7:31 PM

I think Ruby made a deal with the Deadites and was given some power but isn't a true Deadite. Remember the one demon mentioned something about betrayal?

Have we really seen the end of Amanda??? Looks like it but I really hope not.

by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2015 7:38 PM

I wonder if this is a little bit how Walking Dead fans have felt for a few seasons when all their characters die? Lol

by Anonymousreply 47December 20, 2015 7:40 PM

I liked her chemistry with Bruce Campbell. The show is already over the top, so I am all for a twin sister for Amanda ......... maybe she'll show up in the last episode of the season ........ with a cliffhanger of Ash attempting to kill her. They had her tied with Ruby earlier in the season, so I'm surprised they didn't play that out more with Amanda discovering she had NOTHING to be grateful to Ruby for.

Or with the way the episode ended .......... was it all a dream ?? (fingers crossed)

by Anonymousreply 48December 20, 2015 8:26 PM

Great episode Sat. night. She's baaaack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

by Anonymousreply 49December 27, 2015 3:24 PM

The season finale looks like it is going to be awesome. I hope it is a full hour long.

Poor hikers ..... you just knew they were spam in a cabin characters, but they went out in a big way. And I think the season finale preview spoiled the young blonde one turning too (not a big surprise, but I thought I saw a blonde Deadite in the preview)

Amanda hasn't been destroyed yet, so she should be back for the finale too. Amanda is a good Deadite. It was funny how she exposed the Kelly/Pablo situation (although Kelly kind of did it first by telling blondie that Pablo was taken).

I expect Pablo will be affected by his book cover possession for a bit , much like Kelly was earlier in the season. I liked the talking Necronomicon .... they could've made it even funnier. Hopefully that will be back too.

I knew Ruby was bad, but I wasn't expecting her response at the end. Her 'look' must just be a façade. I wonder what she really is/looks like.

Like Kelly and Pablo, I knew which one was the real Ash as soon as he said to kill them both. I believe that ruse has been used the same way in other shows/movies.

I hope they bring the show back sooner than twelve months from now .... and that it is successful enough to both make the episodes longer and to increase the ten episode season to at least thirteen.

by Anonymousreply 50December 28, 2015 12:48 AM

I spent some time with him when they were filming over here and he actually looks a lot better in person than on the screen. He's a super nice guy, but was completely exhausted at the end of the day- I really don't know how he manages to do all this stuff at his age. Really dedicated to his fans and always friendly, even when he clearly feels like shit.

by Anonymousreply 51December 28, 2015 12:53 AM

"Well, why would I be [racist against Asians]? They give such incredible massages, with those teeny hands."

by Anonymousreply 52December 28, 2015 1:05 AM

Season finale tonight.

by Anonymousreply 53January 3, 2016 12:44 AM

Yeah, that was hilarious, R52.

by Anonymousreply 54January 3, 2016 12:58 AM

Looks to be a 40 minute finale... longer than half an hour, but nowhere near an hour.

by Anonymousreply 55January 3, 2016 1:08 AM

Well... that was fun but... somewhat anti-climactic in a way. But still fun!

by Anonymousreply 56January 3, 2016 1:49 AM

Huh. I have to agree, R56. It seemed kind of draggy to me for a season finale.

And the way it ended clearly made it obvious them seemed to be aware there would be a second season.

I know it is horror COMEDY, but there was no real tension (i.e.'cliffhanger') to that ending. No one seemed to be in any imminent danger. It was certainly in character for Ash to not care about anyone but himself (and Pablo and Kelly in this case), but Ruby really offered him nothing except to 'get away from the responsibility' ........... what happens to Ash when he gets to Jacksonville ? He's an unemployed 50-something year old man (who Ruby told has 10 years to live).

It really has been a fun show and season overall ........... the ending was just a bit of a letdown for me. Obviously it wasn't time for Ruby to get her comeuppance, but for Ash to just hand her the keys to the kingdom ....... it just felt wrong ..... Ash is a dope, but certainly not stupid enough to really believe Ruby was just going to maintain order over evil (like 'The Godfather')

Oh well, there's always next season I guess .......... still waiting for Amanda's twin sister to show up (ha ha). Like I said, I was hoping for an hour finale and in a way it felt like that, even though it wasn't. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 57January 3, 2016 5:38 AM

Actually, I liked the season finale. Not really a cliffhanger but so typical of Ash to take the easy way out but, then, he has to deal with the consequences next season. Pablo's medallion hasn't done shit so far except cause trouble.

by Anonymousreply 58January 3, 2016 6:18 PM

OK so I finally caught up on this series. Good times :)

I don't remember Ash being such a pig in the EVIL DEAD movies, but I thought it was funny. Feels like old times!

by Anonymousreply 59February 24, 2016 10:21 PM

That Spartacus cock was a prosthesis, r40.

by Anonymousreply 60February 24, 2016 10:22 PM

Season Two --- Lee Majors is appearing as Ash's father and Sam Raimi is appearing as Ash's best friend.

by Anonymousreply 61February 24, 2016 11:13 PM

Ha, that should be a kick in the pants. I'm glad it's renewed.

by Anonymousreply 62February 24, 2016 11:33 PM

They want to set up more seasons for you to enjoy, r57. Wouldn't you rather see Ash and friends keep fighting when the world goes to hell in a hand basket, á la [italic]The Walking Dead[/italic] or [italic]The Strain?[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 63February 24, 2016 11:35 PM

How was that finale NOT a cliffhanger? The world is literally ending around them!

by Anonymousreply 64February 24, 2016 11:37 PM

Of course I want the series to continue as long as possible. They just seemed to dumb down Ash more than he needed to be (taking Lucy Lawless' deal and all .......... how long has he been dealing with Deadites already).

By cliffhanger, I meant that none of the leads was left in imminent danger.

by Anonymousreply 65February 24, 2016 11:47 PM

[quote]Raimi does 'horror-comedy' (a genre I don't really like) better than anyone.

Them's is fightin' words, r20!

As much as I love Raimi, Peter Jackson does it better, especially [italic]Dead Alive.[/italic]

[italic]Zombieland[/italic] is better than Raimi.

Have you ever seen [italic]The Bride of Chucky[/italic] or [italic]The Seed of Chucky?[/italic]

You simply must. Also, check out a little-known gem called [italic]Slither[/italic] with DL fave Nathan Fillion. And [italic]Deathgasm[/italic] from last year ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 24, 2016 11:51 PM

I would like to add 'What we do in the shadows' to the list above. Also a NZ film.

by Anonymousreply 67February 25, 2016 12:06 AM

Deathgasm and What We Do In The Shadows are BOTH excellent choices and fun watches for sure.

by Anonymousreply 68February 25, 2016 12:14 AM

There's another really good NZ one called 'Housebound'.

by Anonymousreply 69February 25, 2016 1:47 AM

Thanks, maybe I'll check them out. There's been a lot of New Zealand film and TV production thanks to tax breaks and Peter Jackson fostering some amenities and talent there.

by Anonymousreply 70February 25, 2016 5:50 PM

I tried to find a premiere date for the second season but there's nothing definite, other than filming will be complete by July or so. The first season premiered on Halloween, so that would probably be a good guess for season 2. The first season got an incredible 98% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 44 reviews. Surely it's going to get some Emmy noms too.

by Anonymousreply 71February 25, 2016 6:47 PM

Dalton is fucking HOT. Anyone know anything about the actor who plays him, Lindsay Farris??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 12, 2018 4:37 AM

Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 21, 2018 10:42 PM

Yes, we've been discussing the cancellation in the linked thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 21, 2018 10:48 PM

Thanks R74.

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2018 12:08 AM

I love this show!

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2018 4:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!