Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Five TV kids who have to go

Television dramas have a long history of never quite knowing what to do with certain child characters, to the point where audiences are left with few choices beyond hoping said characters have an ill-timed run-in with the front of a bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2020 12:11 AM

Here are some more kids who I think needed to go.

Family Matters- The Winslows had a little girl that said a tacky one liner then ran up the stairs and was never seen or heard from again.

Married with Children-I hated that annoying brat called "Seven"

Full House--Michelle played by the Olsen twins- I hated the stupid 1 liners I want some Outscream (Ice cream) OK dude!

by Anonymousreply 1October 30, 2015 10:39 PM

Surprised they didn't include any of the Modern Family kids.

by Anonymousreply 2October 30, 2015 11:39 PM

That horrible, HORRIBLE kid with the uber-nasally voice and no neck on The Middle. Probably the most annoying child TV star since the ugly, misshapen troglodyte Mason Reese from a few decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 3October 31, 2015 12:05 AM

Hollywood likes their kids deformed from some sort of weird disease.

by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2015 2:19 AM

I vote for Adam and Barry Goldberg from "The Goldbergs." And they can take the rest of the show with them.

by Anonymousreply 5October 31, 2015 3:28 AM

All the kids on Growing Pains. Even Leo.

by Anonymousreply 6October 31, 2015 3:42 AM

Not leo

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2015 9:34 AM

I like the Goldbergs, but the little boy emotes at a frequency I find annoying (but that is the point, I think.)

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2015 1:41 PM

Yah, puberty is not being kind to the Goldbergs. That youngest son's voice is horrific to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2015 3:10 PM

Bruce Wayne. He is such a prissy little boy on "Gotham."

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2015 3:15 PM

The older boy on the Goldbergs is the worst. Why is he directed to scream all of his lines? I don't mind the sick kid on The Middle though I can understand why others find him creepy.

The little girl on Modern Family is awful and unpleasant to look at.

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2015 3:16 PM

"I don't mind the sick kid on The Middle though I can understand why others find him creepy. "

(Creepy)

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2015 3:26 PM

[quote]Bruce Wayne. He is such a prissy little boy on "Gotham."

He's the only watchable character.

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2015 3:28 PM

I'm waiting for the inevitable Bruce Wayne / Alfred intergenerational romance!

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2015 6:18 PM

Okay, this is accurate AND made me LOL:

[quote]Of all the characters on this list, Grace Florrick (Makenzie Vega) probably has the worst end of the deal. Stranded in the fringes of the show, the series often grasps at straws trying to find things to involve her in. At one point, she took up religion, because it was important that something cause her mother to examine her faith. At another point, she was weirdly sexualized because of her parents’ fame and apparently because “The Good Wife” has no idea what else to do with a teenage girl. Thankfully, the series has settled on making Florrick be her mother’s makeshift secretary, despite ostensibly still being in high school. At this point, Florrick would be better off dead.

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2015 9:08 PM

[quote]Married with Children-I hated that annoying brat called "Seven"

They got rid of him after about 13 weeks and survived another four years. Wouldn't it be nice if something awful happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2015 9:14 PM

Joey and Matthew from Gimme A Break own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2015 9:18 PM

Not for long, R17.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2015 9:26 PM

Worst TV kid ever was Ricky Seagull from the last year of the TridgePar Family.

CASE CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2015 9:44 PM

[Commence thank you sequence.]

Bless you, reply number 19.

[Thank you sequence terminated.]

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2015 9:51 PM

What about cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch R18?

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2015 9:51 PM

Sam (Different Strokes)

Olivia (Cosby Show)

by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2015 9:52 PM

What's WRONG with you people? Children are God's gift to Man and you should never disparage any of God's precious gifts. Is this child hatred simply due to the fact that you are all Homos swimming in the lake of fire?

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2015 10:51 PM

Cindy Brady once she was too old for pigtails and those kiddy dresses. She was as bad as Cousin Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2015 11:16 PM

Cosby kids

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2015 11:18 PM

The first Brian Cunningham on Knots Landing. Such a non-entity and it didn't help that Tonya Crowe was so damn good as Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2015 4:25 AM

Henry: Philip and Elizabeth's son on The Americans

Conor: Ray Donovan's son. Completely useless. Hopefully the trailer park looking daughter is gone next season. Her storyline wasn't even believable this past season. The mother is too self absorbed to have any children.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2015 4:42 AM

R1 How rude!

by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2020 12:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!