Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Hutchence ethnicity

I had always just assumed he was part indigenous, based on his bone structure and pictures of his mother as a young woman show she had jet black hair and stricking features, but his bio lists his parents as English. I'm also puzzled how he and Paula Yates could produce such an obvious interracial child (Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily). His brother's son also looks biracial. Anyone from Oz on here who can shed some light?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2020 7:05 AM

Here's the daughter- Tiger Lily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2015 11:36 AM

He could have Aboriginal Australian blood, way back in his ancestry.

There are many Aboriginals mixed with Europeans, and they look very much like Hutchence and his daughter.

Since Aboriginals were discriminated against in Australia (and many still are today), that could be why he concealed his mixed heritage. Or maybe he just didn't know.

But my guess is that he does indeed have some Aboriginal blood in his ancestry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2015 12:23 PM

Is he related to Brenton Thwaites?

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2015 12:31 PM

No, he's normal.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2015 12:37 PM

His mother was Atlantid and Celtic.

People thought I was "such an obvious interracial child" and adult, but I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2015 1:41 PM

You're not an adult who can spell or write, obviously R5.

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2015 1:47 PM

Sorry, Keltic.

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2015 1:56 PM

That's what you're choosing to correct? I just don't know where to start.

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2015 2:14 PM

OP, part of your confusion appears to be that you don't understand that being English defines your nationality, not necessarily your genetic makeup.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2015 3:23 PM

they were such a great band - their music was much better than U2

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2015 4:32 PM

This will sound awful but I find the Australian Aborigines to quite unattractive. Out of all the people on earth they tend to look the most like our ancient cave man ancestors. And, no, it's not their color or race, it's their bone structure. I think some of the tribes in Africa are quite lovely such as the Maasai.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2015 4:38 PM

Oh for fucks sake, she's not his kid. That's quite obvious. Paula was fucking around with EVERYONE.

I love when the DL arm chair geneticists try to say that there must have been some African ancestry waaaaaay back and it just magically showed up in ten generations later.

Pah-lease. Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one.

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2015 4:43 PM

What is (or was, surely!) Australian slang for Aborigines?

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2015 4:53 PM

This just goes to show just how intellectually challenged racists like the OP.

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2015 5:32 PM

Can we just get to the old naked photos. It's been a while. He was hot!

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2015 5:33 PM

He was a kinky fucker and tried everything....no doubt guys, too.

R13 Abo, as in "dark as an abu's arsehole."

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2015 5:55 PM

That should be "abo's arsehole."

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2015 5:59 PM

I think she looks like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2015 8:02 PM

R12, Are you fucking kiding? The daughter looks exactly like him.

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2015 10:46 PM

[Quote]This just goes to show just how intellectually challenged racists like the OP.

You are too stupid for words. How ironic you would bring up intellect in you illiterate post, moron.

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2015 10:51 PM

While some of us used bisexuality as a doorstop on our closet, there were many true bisexuals and I've decided that lovely man was one of them. Oh, and add Mr. Gwen Stefani to the list.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2015 11:02 PM

He's got eyes of the brownest skies. As if they thought of rain

I hate to look into those eyes And see an ounce of pain

His hair reminds me of a warm safe place Where as a child I'd hide

And pray for the thunder And the rain To quietly pass me by

Oh, oh, oh Sweet squirrel o' mine

Oh, oh, oh, oh Sweet squirrel of mine

by Anonymousreply 22October 30, 2015 1:28 AM

Wrong thread. So sorry.

by Anonymousreply 23October 30, 2015 1:37 AM

Looks to me like he has a lot of Eskimo genes.

by Anonymousreply 24October 30, 2015 1:41 AM

Tiger Lily is very obviously MH's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 25October 30, 2015 1:57 AM

Poor Tiger Lily is only 19, but she's had one hell of a life. Her dad died during a sex game; she was orphaned at the age of four when her mum OD'd while supposed to be taking care of her; her older sister died the exact same way that their mum did; she's had to grow up with her family's scandals being public knowledge; she was given the most ridiculous name of all of Yates's daughters, which is really saying something.

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2015 1:59 AM

People wondered why Hutchence took up with the shopworn slut Paula Yates. I guess she wore him down; they fucked soon after their first meeting (according to her) and she started following him around after that. Latching onto a rock star was nothing new to her. Before Hutchence, she was a groupie who latched onto Bob Geldof; she would hang around the hotels his band stayed in, even handing around outside in bad weather (Yoko Ono did the same things with John Lennon). The band called her "The Limpet." She and Geldof became a couple; I guess she never dreamed she'd hit the jackpot with the scummy, sleazy Geldof. Who would have thought he would become the super rich, revered "Saint Bob", the organizer of Live Aid? She scored every groupie's dream: marrying a rich, famous rock star.

I saw a picture of Hutchence and Yates together; she was carrying the infant Tiger Lily (I think that named constituted child abuse), they both were wearing sunglasses and both of them looked very unhappy.

Tiger Lily has some pretty heavy baggage. A father with a sordid past dead from erotic asphixiation. A mother with a sordid past who died of a drug overdose. An asshole stepfather. A half-sister with a sordid past dead of a drug overdose. Quite a lot to deal with. I wonder if she'll go her mother and sister's way, and get heavily into drugs. She ought to change her name. I think that would help a little. Imagine carrying that name around....Tiger LIly. Poor girl.

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2015 2:57 AM

My inner armchair psychiatrist tells me that Paula was Borderline Personality Disorder incarnate.

by Anonymousreply 28October 30, 2015 3:18 AM

[Qoute]People wondered why Hutchence took up with the shopworn slut Paula Yates.

Because like many western men he was conditioned to believe women like Paula, warts and all, are the type you put up on a pedestal and ultimately marry. Helena Christensen was reportedly the love of his life, yes she was fun and gorgeous, but she lacked the clean gene pool that makes for society's classic ideal of wife material.

by Anonymousreply 29October 30, 2015 10:47 PM

[quote]You are too stupid for words. How ironic you would bring up intellect in you illiterate post, moron.

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 30October 30, 2015 10:59 PM

R29, more likely Helena wasn't down with the hard drugs and auto erotic asphyxiation hobbies.

by Anonymousreply 31October 30, 2015 11:09 PM

R29, what's a "clean gene pool"?

by Anonymousreply 32October 30, 2015 11:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 31, 2015 7:41 AM

Brenton Thwaites is the Australian who looks like he has an aboriginal background.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 31, 2015 12:33 PM

Brenton:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 31, 2015 12:34 PM

Brenton:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 31, 2015 12:34 PM

I found this site discussing this in depth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 31, 2015 6:45 PM

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 38October 31, 2015 10:21 PM

R6 has obviously never heard the term "Atlantid" before.

by Anonymousreply 39November 1, 2015 3:32 AM

You are correct, R39. However, R5's sentence still makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 40November 1, 2015 4:12 AM

[Quote]OP, part of your confusion appears to be that you don't understand that being English defines your nationality, not necessarily your genetic makeup.

No, no confusion here. It's generally understood when someone is referred to as English it means they are White. Not saying it's technically accurate, but that's how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2015 6:20 PM

r34, except for having a fairly wide nose, that dude doesn't look aboriginal in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2015 7:30 PM

His colouring points to a mixed ethnicity. He remi.ds me ob Brando's kids.

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2015 8:51 PM

R42

Does Penn Badgely from gossip girl look like has African ancestry?? Well, he does. Very distant but he does have black african blood. Hutchence could easily have had native Australian blood. Don't blame him concealing it. We all know Aussies are racist as fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 27, 2015 9:15 PM

Was Hutchence like Brenton Thwaites and Freddie Smith now, i.e., of mixed parentage?

by Anonymousreply 45December 27, 2015 10:04 PM

Suck my left tit, r6.

by Anonymousreply 46January 3, 2016 9:09 PM

Ugly

by Anonymousreply 47January 3, 2016 9:10 PM

Michael Hutchence's sister said on facebook recently that her great great grandmother was part Jamaican. That's where the swarthy complexion comes from..

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2020 8:47 AM

bogan trash

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2020 11:19 AM

[quote]Michael Hutchence's sister said on facebook recently that her great great grandmother was part Jamaican. That's where the swarthy complexion comes from.

Not all Jamaicans are swarthy, as DL should know.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 11:45 AM

Dame Angela Landsbury is a negro

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2020 1:34 PM

r50. She actually posted a picture of a very light skinned black woman...

by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2020 1:24 PM

He was very unique looking - incredibly sexy. I know this is kind of a drugged up picture of him (with Belinda Carlisle), but he's still so sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2020 1:31 PM

English and Irish. Case closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 17, 2020 1:40 PM

R48 EATS TRUMP'S SHIT FOR DINNER!!! FUCK YOU, BUMP TROLL!!!

by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2020 1:46 PM

Fuck you R55. What does Trump have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2020 8:29 PM

What's with this weird obssession with ethnicity on this site? Anythings possible but I wouldn't be surprised if hutchence wasn't simply English and Irish. I've seen ethnic Brits and Irish with similar features and bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote]but he's still so sexy

You're crazy, he looks like junkie bogan trash.

by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2020 7:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!