Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LAPD and NYPD call for a boycott of Quentin Tarantino

The Los Angeles Police Department's largest union has thrown its support behind the NYPD's call for a boycott of Quentin Tarantino's films after the "Pulp Fiction" director referred to some police officers as murderers during a rally in New York City over the weekend.

Los Angeles Police Protective League President Craig Lally said comments like Tarantino's encourage attacks on officers and said the union would support the call for a boycott of his films.

Tarantino flew from California to New York City to take part in a protest against police brutality on Saturday, and comments he made during the march quickly drew the ire of the New York Police Department's Patrolmen's Benevolent Assn.

"I'm a human being with a conscience," Tarantino said, according to the Associated Press. "And if you believe there's murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I'm here to say I'm on the side of the murdered."

The comments, which came just days after New York police Officer Randolph Holder was shot and killed while chasing a suspect in East Harlem, prompted furious reactions from NYPD union President Pat Lynch and Police Commissioner William Bratton.

“We fully support constructive dialogue about how police interact with citizens. But there is no place for inflammatory rhetoric that makes police officers even bigger targets than we already are," Lally said in a statement this week. "Film director Quentin Tarantino took irresponsibility to a new and completely unacceptable level this past weekend by referring to police as murderers during an anti-police march in New York."

Tarantino's films are notoriously violent, something critics were quick to harp on. While one of the director’s most iconic scenes involved the torture and eventual murder of a police officer in "Reservoir Dogs,” scores of gangsters, soldiers and other characters have found themselves decapitated or otherwise killed in gruesome fashion in a Tarantino film.

"The Hateful Eight," a western directed by Tarantino, is set to premiere on Christmas Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2020 1:28 AM

Don't some NYPD officers moonlight as goons for the mafia?

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2015 3:32 AM

Like those psychopaths don't all have a poster of Samuel Jackson and John Travolta brandishing guns over their weight benches/steroid injecting stations.

by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2015 3:48 AM

You just know they're all Tarantino fanboys, which makes his participation in the rally so meaningful.

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2015 3:50 AM

Hmmm. Out-of-control cops, or Cretin Tarantino? Out-of-control cops, or Cretin Tarantino . . .

Thanks, but I think I'll sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2015 4:19 AM

Will the Ferguson police boycott too?

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2015 4:37 AM

Quentin Tarantino's films are pretty much crap anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2015 4:48 AM

Can't stand this Aspies film which are really just extended MTV videos..love his soundtracks though..I'm gonna actually get behind him on this. Someone has to say it. It's the damned truth.

We need a celeb to get on this. He's stepped up.

Hope other big personalities and celebs match him.

Zsa Zsa isn't in any shape now but she really exposed police brutality back in the day

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2015 5:00 AM

Can't stand this Aspies film which are really just extended MTV videos..love his soundtracks though..I'm gonna actually get behind him on this. Someone has to say it. It's the damned truth.

We need a celeb to get on this. He's stepped up.

Hope other big personalities and celebs match him.

Zsa Zsa isn't in any shape now but she really exposed police brutality back in the day

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2015 5:01 AM

They're acting like somebody said all cops were murderers.

AGAIN.

You couldnt say "Fuck da police" before, but you can now!

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2015 5:06 AM

Is this Tarantino trying to get in Black people's good graces after that interview?

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2015 5:11 AM

It's perfectly acceptable to refer to those cops who have murdered someone as murderers. If other cops don't want to be tainted by those accusations they should stop covering for and the protecting murdering cops.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2015 5:15 AM

oooops ---and protecting the murdering cops.

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2015 5:17 AM

if you listen carefully to the sound bite tarantino dtifts in and out of a black accent

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2015 5:54 AM

The only hothouse flowers more touchy than cops are Christian hausfraus.

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2015 6:22 AM

Isn't this going a bit far ?

Public threats ? From the police ? I'm not an American, but, wow, from afar, it looks like a police state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 5, 2015 10:40 PM

Tarantino is moronic. That's been obvious for years, long before this cop stuff started. He should shut his yammering pie-hole. The more he talks, the dumber he appears.

by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2015 11:35 PM

At least he didn't claim to be a "director and an actor".

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2015 11:45 PM

Stupid move on his part.

by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2015 3:09 AM

Love Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill but I'm a diehard supporter of our boys in blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2020 12:08 AM

Ask him how his buddy Harvey is doing?

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2020 12:19 AM

I'd kind of gone off Quentin in the last few years, but this kind of makes me like him again. Fuck the NYPD and the LAPD.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2020 12:27 AM

This thread tastes a bit like boot leather.

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2020 12:28 AM

[quote] "I'm a human being with a conscience," Tarantino said

No, and no.

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2020 1:20 AM

Does this mean QT is going to stop writing the n-word 100+ times into each of his two-hour screenplays?

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2020 1:27 AM

The 2015 thread troll strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2020 1:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!