Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What was the stupidest thing you did as a teenager?

Something that could've gotten you killed or in a lot of trouble.

Mine: ditching school sophomore year to smoke pot with two buddies and hang out in a natural, tree-lined portion of the LA River (something we had done before). The day was gloomy and there was no indication of rain, but unbeknownst to us, a huge storm had passed about 30 miles upriver in the Valley. In maybe 10 seconds flat, a surge of thigh-level water knocks us to our feet. We were lucky to be near some trees that created sort of an eddy and we were able to scramble up and out of the concrete channel just in time. Less than one minute later, the river had swollen to at least 5 feet of the brownest, tupfastest-moving water I had ever seen. We were very lucky, although the damned river swept away my backpack with all of my textbooks.

What are you stories?

by Anonymousreply 96January 19, 2020 12:41 AM

When I was three I almost got shot by a sniper.

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2015 12:21 AM

Yes, R1, but what did you do as a teen?

by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2015 12:31 AM

Similar to OP, walking home from school in a hurricane. It was a long walk too. Oh,.and taking that LSD handed me by a stranger on the street in DC.

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2015 12:36 AM

OP you sound masculine. Sounds hot. Did you get any post trauma dude bonding action with you bros?

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2015 12:37 AM

[quote] We were very lucky, although the damned river swept away my backpack with all of my textbooks.

Pity you weren't able to resell them.

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2015 12:42 AM

Watched All About Eve and A Star is Born the same weekend.

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2015 12:43 AM

[quote] Watched All About Eve and A Star is Born the same weekend.

How ever did you survive?

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2015 12:53 AM

I promise I know how to spell "fastest." Dunno how that typo happened. Weird. :-D

R4, I did mess around with one of them that same year. He's married with children now.

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2015 12:56 AM

Literally everything I did between the ages of 14 and 18.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2015 1:23 AM

R9=rapist

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2015 1:40 AM

vandalized the director of the school's car. I got expelled.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2015 1:42 AM

My dad and I visited a friend of his that had a mining claim out in the desert. I went wandering around and found a vintage tobacco can which I stuck in my back pocket to give to my mom later. It was there several hours later when my dad noticed it and asked to look at it. It was full of blasting caps that could easily blown me to smithereens. OP was lucky BTW because four kids were killed in a flash flood at the Los Angeles River a few years ago. They were ditching school just like he was.

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2015 1:46 AM

[quote]Watched All About Eve and A Star is Born the same weekend.

If you weren't gay on Friday, you were by Monday.

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2015 1:48 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2015 3:02 AM

Smoked whatever was handed to me, without asking.

I accidentally smoked a joint with PCP in it and had a crazy mind-numbing drug reaction. I temporarily lost my sight for a minute and then lost my hearing for a minute when my sight returned. It was terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2015 4:02 AM

Stupidest thing I ever did was letting a friend talk me into pushing their parents' car out the garage to sneak out late at night to buy weed without waking up the parents. Long story short the car got away from us and hit a tree in my friend's yard which was actually very lucky because the next stop was the car landing in their neighbor's pool.

We unbelievably got away with it because my friend wrote a very sobby note to his parents saying we'd gone out for coffee (in the middle of the night) and please don't hate me but I accidentally backed into a tree.

I'm not proud of this story and we were damn lucky the car didn't run over one of us. I'm just telling it because teens indeed do really stupid things and the OP asked.

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2015 6:08 AM

Good one, R16.

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2015 10:51 AM

Trust me, R12, I still count my blessings to this day, and I am nowhere near religious.

Had we not been able to scramble out in time onto the curved embankment, we would have been swept away, drowned, gone completely missing unless some spectator (on a very off chance) had witnessed us being washed away.

Nobody would have known where we were or what had happened to us, since we were supposed to have been at school that day.

So, if you're from LA, and wonder how in the hell somebody ends up swept away in the LA River, well, that's my firsthand experience. Zero and dry to a rushing torrent in less than a minute.. Have never been back since.

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2015 11:32 AM

[quote] We were very lucky, although the damned river swept away my backpack with all of my textbooks.

Did you ever come clean about the reason you lost your textbooks? In my day, textbooks were provided by the school and you had to account for them on the last day of school or you were fined. If you didn't pay your fines they withheld your diploma.

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2015 1:48 PM

Dropped blue Mescaline, got into my car and headed down 101. I remember absolutely nothing until I ran out of petrol in Gilroy. I still cringe every time I think about all the damage and destruction I could have caused. I was 18.

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2015 2:10 PM

When I was 17 I got into a fight with a biker. A gang was trying to take over the city as it's headquarters and in a parking lot one of them spit on me as I was walking past. I went to my car got a baseball bat and chased him and worked him over. I found out years later from my brother that their leader put a $5000 bounty on my head, but they had no idea who I was and couldn't find me. The local cops eventually ran them out of the city and I've been safe for 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2015 2:34 PM

Letting this old fat dude pay be 40 bucks a go to blow me for a few months when i was 16. Made me feel slimy as hell but i still did it probably 10 times. Can't think about it much anymore ( even though it was years ago now) since i'm still ashamed of it. The whole thing was totally fucked up and i knew it and still did iit.

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2015 2:46 PM

[quote]Did you ever come clean about the reason you lost your textbooks? In my day, textbooks were provided by the school and you had to account for them on the last day of school or you were fined. If you didn't pay your fines they withheld your diploma.

I made up some half-cooked lie about my backpack getting stolen at the mall when I walked away from it for a few minutes. But believe me, my old man was pissed.. since he had to pay out of pocket to replace them (over $200)!

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2015 5:23 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2015 10:39 PM

Kept living.

by Anonymousreply 25October 30, 2015 2:03 AM

[quote] Letting this old fat dude pay be 40 bucks a go to blow me for a few months when i was 16. Made me feel slimy as hell but i still did it probably 10 times. Can't think about it much anymore ( even though it was years ago now) since i'm still ashamed of it. The whole thing was totally fucked up and i knew it and still did it.

Don't be ashamed. What you did didn't hurt anyone, but in fact gave someone pleasure. Our society shames sex workers while corporate executives who pollute our environment, exploit workers, and then offshore massive profits to avoid paying taxes are lauded as 'job creators'. IMHO, that's fucked up.

Seriously, don't let someone else's ethics make you feel bad about yourself.

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2015 2:14 AM

Hitchhiking. How am I not in a shallow grave somewhere ?

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2015 3:30 AM

When did hitchhiking fall out of favor and become known as "dangerous?"

by Anonymousreply 28November 6, 2015 6:47 PM

No one every believes how quickly the arroyos turn into floods until they've seen it. Glad you survived that one, OP. I live near a ditch and the kids love it for skateboards and bikes.

by Anonymousreply 29November 6, 2015 6:58 PM

[quote]When did hitchhiking fall out of favor and become known as "dangerous?"

Maybe when people realized how wonderful it was for predators?

by Anonymousreply 30November 6, 2015 7:00 PM

[quote]Maybe when people realized how wonderful it was for predators?

I get that, but I mean, what year in America did people stop hitchhiking en masse? I know that it was very widespread during the late '60s. Did people stop around the mid-70s or so?

by Anonymousreply 31November 6, 2015 7:02 PM

Driving drunk/high (only a few times & luckily nothing happened, but I recall almost blacking out once)

Met a kid on a roadtrip to a college town about 2 hours away & somehow he ended up coming home with my friend & I, that was awkward (I don't remember how we got rid of him)

Letting guys take advantage of me because they were hot & I had no self esteem

Trying any drug available & even stuff like smoking banana peels, nutmeg, drinking food coloring...

Shoplifting, going on a shopping spree w/a friend on her mother's credit card (wthout permission to use it of course...that got ugly)

Skipping school & letting a bf call the office as my dad to excuse me - they didn't buy it for a second

Lord, I was a mess and I've probably forgotten most of the worst stuff.

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2015 7:11 PM

'Was' a mess??

by Anonymousreply 33November 6, 2015 7:12 PM

Buying the media hype that being gay all about "love" and "community", then hitting the scene at 15 to find out that it was the opposite...unless it was HIV/AIDS something something.

by Anonymousreply 34November 6, 2015 7:15 PM

Watching the final season of 'Roseanne'

by Anonymousreply 35November 6, 2015 7:20 PM

[quote]the damned river swept away my backpack with all of my textbooks.

If it had been dammed, this wouldn't have happened.

by Anonymousreply 36November 6, 2015 7:31 PM

WAY too much drinking and driving. I can't believe nothing ever happened.

From 14-16, I had a secret affair with a guy who was about 4 years older. He was good friends with my brother, and he dated my best friend's older sister. AND his parents were friends with my parents.

He totally took advantage of me and I should have not let it happen, but at 14 and horny, who has the wisdom to say no to a hunky older guy? I mean, it was pretty hot, even I feel a little gross about it now. When he'd spend the night with my brother, we'd get together in the middle of the night...we would also mess around at my friend's house, under his and his sister's noses.

I can't believe we never got caught. It would have been a disaster. He'd probably have gone to jail, if my dad or brother didn't kill him first. It would have devastated the girlfriend and all our parents. I think my friend suspected something, but he never said anything.

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2015 8:04 PM

A friend of mine got behind the wheel of a car and let his best friend (unconsummated love interest) in the passenger's seat put his hands over his eyes and instruct him how to drive, when to turn, brake, etc. as a "trust" exercise.

by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2015 9:35 PM

Another friend of mine (female), was stashing beer to take to a concert. She stashed it in the freezer in the basement, where it exploded. Another time she went to downtown Chicago and climbed a tree in Grant Park and spent the night so she could see the sunrise. By herself, a fifteen year old girl, overnight in a tree in Grant Park....

by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2015 9:43 PM

Answering the teacher back. In my day, it was a paddling.

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2015 9:43 PM

When I was 14-15 I had a hopeless, unnameable crush on dude, a year ahead of me in class, who lived on our cul-de-sac. He was a strapping jock type, future starting HS quarterback, hopelessly straight. We'd been friends when younger but took different paths in high school.

Anyway one summer when he and his family were on vacation I figured out how to get into their house without breaking any doors or windows. I was a sneaky little fuck. A couple times I would go into his bedroom/bathroom, rifle through his things and eventually find my way into his underwear drawer. The final trip culminated in me jerking myself off with a pair of his tighty-whities (I shot into the toilet), then re-folding them and putting them back in his drawer. I almost got caught leaving their house that day and decided to call it good.

by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2015 9:57 PM

Trust my classmates

by Anonymousreply 42November 7, 2015 1:06 AM

Kids aren't waiting for their teens anymore --

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 7, 2015 1:14 AM

I dallied in Parkour before it had a name. I guess you could call it roof hopping but we did it all over, on and under everything. Felt good but took many deadly dumb risks.

by Anonymousreply 44November 7, 2015 3:22 AM

Sneaked out to go to a party when I was fourteen. When we got there it was around twenty scary looking guys smoking meth. I literally backed out the door, my two friends went in. I walked home alone through the middle of the city at 1am and was still safer than my friends. Of course they got raped but didn't tell anyone because they were more scared of being caught sneaking out at night. Fourteen year old logic.

Thankfully (miraculously) there were no health consequences.

by Anonymousreply 45November 7, 2015 3:33 AM

There was always some luck most of us survived our teens is the basic moral of the story here

by Anonymousreply 46November 7, 2015 4:47 AM

You mean choose just one? I am a small, slim white woman and my hair stands on end when I think of the terrible risks I took as a teen. I hitchhiked everywhere, including in the city. Had a few scary encounters. I had friends who lived in sketchy areas, eg, the ungentrified South End of Boston, and I walked around alone there after dark. I had friends who were drug dealers (pot) and I went to their apartments where they had their merchandise. I took acid once. I had a sportscar and never once used a seatbelt. When I was a bit younger, 15, I rode around in cars with boys who had been drinking. My parents should have locked me up!

by Anonymousreply 47November 7, 2015 6:17 AM

Isn't this a Reddit thread?

by Anonymousreply 48November 7, 2015 11:09 AM

lol r35. I thought it had its moments, personally. But there is no forgiving the "Roseanne-bo" episodes and a few of the others.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2020 7:25 PM

I drove drunk, really drunk, more times than I care to count (though under ten.) Back then, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, it wasn't regarded as it is now. I am grateful I didn't hurt anyone else and genuinely ashamed of my idiocy. Youth... filled with dickheads of the worst kind.

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2020 7:28 PM

r28 oh probably around the time that Randy Kraft and William Bonin and another brutal serial killer I don't recall the name of were hunting for young hitchhikers to murder all over SoCal in the 70s and 80s.

by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2020 7:42 PM

r26 I know this might be lost on you, but it was probably the transactional nature of the exchange, and probably also the fact that it was an unattractive old man, that made the guy you're responding to feel so awful. That's how most people would feel about it, whether or not prostitution was legal.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2020 7:44 PM

Too scary to write down.

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2020 7:45 PM

My older brother was evil and would steal from me. One day I decided to get some of my stuff back and searched him room. Found a little silver handgun and took it, not because I wanted it, but because I really believed he had it to use on me eventually. A few days later I'm cleaning my room and I pick up the gun. I pull out the clip. Thinking it's unloaded, I then proceed to put the barrel to my temple and act out a silly dramatic suicide scene for my cat. I then point the gun at my cat. I then lose interest in this and point it at the ceiling and pull the trigger.

BANG.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2020 7:48 PM

This girl got her period in the showers and me and my friends started screaming plug it up! It didn't end well.

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2020 7:54 PM

I had friends who worked at McDonald's. We decided it would be cool to party there when it closed at 11 pm. We were so stupid to think the cops wouldn't notice about 8 empty cars parked in the parking lot. My friends ended up fired but the franchise owner kindly chose not to press charges, and the cops looked the other way for the beer and weed.

Climbed the water towers, usually with a sixpack or case of beer.

Swam in the reservoir at night. There was a rope swing but you had to really swing out far to avoid crashing into rocks in the shallow water. Hard to do in the pitch black while drunk. A friend of mine nearly cut his toe off on a piece of broken glass.

When I was 12 or 13 a friend and I decided it would be fun to "pull an all nighter" without really knowing what that would entail, merely that we would stay out all night. I said I was sleeping at his house, he said he was sleeping at mine. We ended up going into NYC for a while but didn't have enough money to really do anything, so took the train back and just wandered around our town all night. The temperature started to plummet down to single digits. We were too stupid to go home and went to see if the church or school were unlocked so we could hang out there. Nope. There was an old man bar still open, we asked the bartender if we could warm up. He let us in and gave us each a shot of brandy. He let us stay and then when he was locking up offered to drive us home, lecturing us the whole way what fucking morons we were and could have frozen to death very quickly. I had to find the spare key to my house that was hidden under the porch step and my dog inside started going nuts, waking up my entire family. My mother wanted to know why I was home and I told her that I didn't feel well and wanted to come home. She smelled the alcohol on my breath and although I was grounded, to her credit she didn't over react. It was the 70s and expected of kids even that young. She would have flipped the fuck out if she knew I spent half the night in NYC and the other half wandering around like a hobo in 5 degree weather and drinking in an old man bar.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2020 8:00 PM

[quote]somehow he ended up coming home with my friend & I,

Oh, dear!

[quote]A gang was trying to take over the city as it's headquarters

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2020 8:17 PM

[quote] vandalized the director of the school's car. I got expelled.

That’s not why you got expelled.

by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2020 8:17 PM

In the 7th grade my family lived in Pennsylvania for a while. Our neighborhood was a cul de sac surrounded by miles of thick woods. You had to take a long road to get to it.

I was hanging out with sketchy friends (boys) at the time. We were going through a pyromania "phase" where we'd go buy things at 7-11 just to take packs of matches when the clerk wasn't looking.

On a mid-fall sunny, dry, wind-less day we wandered into the woods, where all the leaves had turned. Along the way we lit things on fire and put them out, for fun.

About a half-mile in we found a giant branch or tree that had fallen but still had its dead leaves on it. On its side, it was way higher than us and long as a bus. So… of course we began to light it on fire. Idiots.

Before we knew what was happening the entire thing was engulfed in flames that were reaching two stories into the air and licking other standing trees' leaves on fire, which began to sway in the intense heat. This was thick woods. We began screaming and taking off our jackets and stomping with our (sneakered) feet screaming, "Oh my god put it out! Put it out!" I remember choking and feeling the intense heat on my face as I did everything I could to smother a fire the size of a small house. There were only three of us.

At one point one friend said "Just run!" We didn't. Of course if we had run and left it burning, we would have clearly begun a forest fire. Who knows how huge. Luckily we stayed and somehow put it all out.

All our faces and hands were red, and our hair was singed. My friend Dave had actually climbed up into two separate trees to put out a patches of leaves that had caught and were smoking, with his down jacket, which was ruined. All of our clothes were ruined, and my sneakers were literally melted some on the soles.

We wanted to stick around to make sure it was totally out but there was no time. Getting caught was the worst scenario to us. We were sure someone had seen the smoke from afar and called it in. We ran through the woods so fast. My chest and lungs have never hurt so much from running in fear (I already had smoke inhalation). We kept screaming "Don't say anything to anyone!" Over and over as we ran to our respective houses. We didn't! (at the time).

By sheer luck my whole family was out. I grabbed trash bags from the garage and wrapped all my burned clothes and melted sneakers in them and buried them deep in my closet. Then I took a Silkwood shower. I trimmed my bangs a bit to hide the burned part and hoped my parents wouldn't notice my (probably) 1st degree burns on my face and hands.

Somehow, they didn't notice anything, or the missing clothes. (I told my mother days later I lost my sneakers in the creek). My friends also lucked out, and somehow no one blabbed or got caught and no one ever heard about it. We never returned to the spot because we thought someone might be keeping an eye on it. I still think today how we could have started a humongous forest fire.

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2020 10:12 PM

Great story, r59.

I mean the telling of it, not necessarily the content.

by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2020 10:33 PM

R47 has a Mormon’s idea of what risky behavior entails.

by Anonymousreply 61January 9, 2020 11:12 PM

Spent most of my teen-age years getting high and drunk and driving. I was a good driver! I used to drive to school and stop to fire off a couple of joints while going down the street.

Out in a park at night a bunch of older teens drove up to us and said want some drugs? They gave us a bag of pills, we had no idea what they were but we took all of them.

Stole the family car one night to hang out in NYC with my friends and about 1am, drunk again, time to drive home and the car wont start. My panicked friend opens the hood and starts jiggling wires. Didn't work. Finally I slam the hood closed and the car started.

by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2020 12:17 AM

Similar to R41 ...

When I was around 13, one of my friends who lived down the block from me had a hot older brother who we knew had a pretty rad VHS porn collection (it was the early 90’s). My parents were good friends with their parents, so they had given us had an extra key to their house in case of emergencies or whatnot.

When they went away on vacation, I fished the key out of the spare drawer, let myself in their house and proceeded to spend that afternoon, and every day after for the next week, jerking off to the hot older brothers porn videos and sniffing his boxers. On the very last day, I’m butt naked jerking off on his bed when suddenly I hear the front door open. Turns out a relative of theirs came by the house to feed their pet hamster. I quickly muted the tv and hid in a closet in the brothers bedroom (still naked, clothes in my hand, too scared to even breathe let alone try to get dressed). It was a one story ranch home, so it’s not like I had time to cover my tracks. Thank God I wasn’t caught. Whoever it was left after a few minutes, but even then I was paralyzed with fear. I was so shaken up after that. Definitely never did it again!

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2020 12:48 AM

^ that's kind of awesome.

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2020 12:50 AM

R64 ... my heart rate actually went up as I was recounting it. Almost 30 years ago and I can still feel that breathless paralyzing fear. The idea of being caught naked in the brothers bedroom by a total stranger. It would have outed me, they would have told the other neighbors, my parents would have to sell the house and we’d have to move. I mean.... to a 13 year old that’s some serious shit.

by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2020 12:53 AM

Great story r63!

by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2020 1:22 AM

I was young (won't say how old I was but not at an age anyone should have messed with me) and would visit the firehouse on the next block. The firemen were nice and friendly and I was dumb but looked mature for my age. One of them cultivated me, I now realize, and eventually had me up in the sleeping quarters and introduced me to sex. The second time it happened he fucked me and another guy was there watching. In a couple of weeks I was servicing most of them. The ones who weren't interested stayed downstairs and never acted like anything was unusual about it. I was really used, but I loved it. They were funny and "normal" about it all, kidding around and never being too rough. They didn't have sex with each other but would pat and slap an then take turns with me. It was a great summer and then I'd see them on weekends. My parents thought it was great because I always said I wanted to be a fireman. This went on into the next year and summer, but we moved in the fall. They had a cake for me the last time. I wonder how many others there were. I think the ones who stayed downstairs were more straight. But they didn't tell anyone. They all told me it was like a special club because I was so grown up and this was part of living together while on their shifts. I'm surprised it never really hurt my body. They sure were hot about it.

by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2020 1:40 AM

Burning down the junior high school locker rooms so I wouldn’t have to take group showers.

by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2020 1:49 AM

Shat in an attic....long story.

by Anonymousreply 69January 10, 2020 1:50 AM

When I was 15, I worked at Friendly's as a cashier. The place was so fucking nasty (this was the late 80s) yet busy and some of the weirdest people came in and out of that place. One group was a bunch of shady cab drivers who would order the value meals and sit around smoking cigarettes, leering at everyone. These dudes were so fucking gross and more than a couple were kind of insane.

Anyway, there was a waitress there who was like 18 and she basically sexually harassed me nonstop. Telling me how cute I was, slapping my ass when I walked by her, asking me out again and again. It was fucking annoying and working my last nerve. Soooo...I got a friend of mine, a girl, to write a note ( in girly handwriting natch) to one of the cab drivers "from" this waitress telling him how hot he was and how she really wanted date him. The note included her phone number.

Well - the guy turned out to be an utter psycho and started stalking the shit out of her. He started following her around in his car. Casing out her house. Waiting for her in the parking lot. She told him she had no idea who left the note but the dude wouldn't believe her. One day, he started screaming at her at the restaurant and the cops were called. Apparently he also left threatening notes in her mailbox...and throughout all of this, he was calling her incessantly at all times of the night. Then her cat disappeared. It all seemed to be spiraling out of control and I was terrified that this guy was going to kill her. Thankfully quit Friendly's.

After, I heard through the grapevine that this went on for a couple months and in the end she was able to get a restraining order against him. Thankfully, things calmed down after that. But it was a classic example of doing something idiotic and a bit impulsive that triggered a whole cascade of events that still freaks me out to this very day.

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2020 2:25 AM

"Thankfully quit Friendly's."

Meant "thankfully she quit Friendly's"

by Anonymousreply 71January 10, 2020 2:27 AM

That is a wild story, r70, wow.

by Anonymousreply 72January 10, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote] I was a good driver! I used to drive to school

Are you Rain Man?

by Anonymousreply 73January 10, 2020 12:27 PM

I was a new waver but went with friends to a Dead show. This was when you could stay in the parking lot — Dead head stuff. Anyway. I took a hit of acid & was having a blast when one of my friends started having a bad trip. The result was we had to take her home but convinced her to slip into her house & avoid her parents. She knew we had to stop at Tom’s house ( the guy who drove her home) before heading back to the concert parking lot. She got caught & told her parents we were headed to Tom’s house. Tom’s parents were waiting for us. We all got caught. I ended up tripping with my parents watching me. Then was sent to a baseball camp as punishment. . (I didn’t play baseball).

by Anonymousreply 74January 10, 2020 12:46 PM

I borrowed my mothers’ car to go to a house party for a high school grad. I was 18, just sipping a few drinks all night. Well I guzzled a last one and left. No one questioned it, I wasn't known as a hardcore drinker. It and the other drinks kicked in on my way home to my parents. Oohh it kicked in big time. Maybe I hadn’t noticed how many I’d had after all. The booze hit me, made me woozy, and with all my concentration I managed to stay on the road and got home. Before getting home was the problem. I had taken side roads in an effort not to be noticed, I knew it was noticeable. I thought.

My side road plan had me passing by 5-6 police cruisers parked at a chicken joint. They’d all backed in, and were having meals in their patrol cars. At least thats what I still tell myself. Some were facing drivers windows and shooting the breeze. There were officers in their vehicles facing me. Thats all I know for sure. I made it past them at turtle speed. It was a godawful drunken chain of idiot moves where I lucked out and got home unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 75January 10, 2020 1:24 PM

Drank a lot, took mescaline with a friend, went blackout drunk and came to with a bunch of rough guys I did not know. Rode home on the subway. I’m from a family of alcoholics and knew right then and there I’d have to cut it out. Completely sober ever since other than some recently prescribed medical marijuana, before bed only.

by Anonymousreply 76January 10, 2020 2:10 PM

r67, so you're saying a bunch of municipal city emergency services workers sodomized an underage child on government property for months on end....and the "purely straight" co-workers just looked the other way on it and stayed downstairs, because...what's the big deal?

...and if there had been a fire drill or inspection....they would have what, left you upstairs with a juice box and gaping hole?

That makes no sense. Did you lie about your age?

I doubt firefighters are allowed to even screw their girlfriends or wives at the station. I spoke to my local firefighters once and not only do they have to be ready at a moment's notice, but they aren't hugely open to gays. It's a "don't ask don't tell" situation...

by Anonymousreply 77January 10, 2020 4:03 PM

r77 he didn't lie about his age, the whole story is a lie lifted straight out of some dumb frau's latest Kindle erotica offering.

by Anonymousreply 78January 10, 2020 4:06 PM

I was a good teenager, so my stupidest thing was sneaking out of the house to go to a NIN show with a friend. This was 1990, so they hadn't hit it big yet. They were playing a small venue and they definitely let in too many people. Someone had to pull me up off the floor and out of the crowd. I was so shaken up, I got lost on the way home, wound up in a different state, and called my parents from a pay phone, totally telling on myself. I was not a cool kid.

by Anonymousreply 79January 10, 2020 4:16 PM

Got a blowjob while driving down the highway.

by Anonymousreply 80January 10, 2020 9:04 PM

R80, Scott, is that you? GSP?

by Anonymousreply 81January 11, 2020 8:18 PM

I love R44!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2020 9:42 PM

This isn’t something I did but something I was *this* close to doing that would have landed me in deepest sludge; I almost made out with and fucked my cousin in my parents’ house once.

We’d always had sexual tension and playfully flirted throughout our teens, and one night it came to head when he was staying with my folks (as a punishment, he’d been suspended from school). It was like 3AM and we coincidentally both went to get a drink of water from the kitchen, dressed in just shorts. We eyed each other up for a few long minutes (or at least it felt that long), breathing in sync and not moving or speaking. The air was thick. We moved closer together looking into each other’s eyes and brushing arms. I think we were both waiting for the other to make the first move. Eventually I chickened out and broke the spell by asking if he was ok sleeping on the couch, to which he shrugged and grunted affirmatively before saying “goodnight” and shuffling back to bed.

As he’s three years younger than me (at the time he was just 16 and I was 19 home waiting for College to start again) and was a delinquent with mental issues at the time, I would have been the one castigated and dragged over the coals by our family for it if anyone heard us together or found out that we’d been incestually intimate. I would later come to need my parents more than I expected or wanted due to financial difficulties so in hindsight it’s lucky that I never took the risk (though I still wonder..)

It’s been over a decade since then, and on the rare holiday get-together that I ever even see that cousin anymore it’s awkward enough that we don’t talk at all. For whatever reason I don’t find him primally magnetically attractive like I did then.

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2020 10:00 PM

[quote] and one night it came to head when he was staying with my folks

So you blew him?

by Anonymousreply 84January 13, 2020 10:05 PM

[Quote] For whatever reason I don’t find him primally magnetically attractive like I did then.

Well thank God for that.

by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2020 2:42 AM

I also broke into my best friends house - went to his bedroom where he kept is porn, and jacked off like crazy.

I even parked in their driveway.

Stupid, Stupid. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 86January 14, 2020 3:46 AM

Very long story short, skipped school with some friends, we had a BB rifle clearly visible in the car, cop saw it, did a sliding 180 like something from a movie, came to the car with his gun drawn, screaming at me, in the front passenger seat, to put my hands on the dash. I decided to try to close the glove compartment, fumble around with the glove compartment. He screamed again, my friend screamed at me and I complied. We got the ass-chewing we completely deserved. I'm no fan of cops, think there's vastly too many unnecessary police shootings and too much abuse, but I feel fortunate and grateful that he didn't shoot me.

by Anonymousreply 87January 14, 2020 9:18 AM

I told John Hinckley he was cute. Who would've guessed what would follow

by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2020 10:41 AM

Sniffing fly-spray.

by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2020 11:24 AM

This is a great thread that makes me both thankful I survived my teen years, and that I’ll never have kids.

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2020 11:37 AM

OP, how were you in a natural and tree-lined portion of the Los Angeles River that was simultaneously and a concrete channel?

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2020 11:44 AM

Jumped off a roof of a house (it wasn't super high but still) when a friend dared me. Lucky is wasn't injured or even paralyzed.

by Anonymousreply 92January 14, 2020 11:58 AM

R87 if you were black you wouldn’t be alive to tell this tale

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2020 12:25 PM

I stole a new car off of a dealership lot at midnight when I was 18. It was a '93 Chrysler LHS--their version of a luxury car.

Someone must have test-driven it and had left the keys on the trunk. I was killing time one night and drove through the car lot and saw the car with the keys on the trunk. I hit the button on the fob and the doors unlocked. I went back to my dorm room and told my roommate, knowing he'd want in on the stupidity.

I drove it off the lot, then down the highway and outside of town. We had it for about 45 minutes. I remember getting it up to 117 on a (paved) country road. My roommate wanted to drive, so I let him drive it back into town--also, I didn't want to be behind the wheel if we got caught.

He thought we needed to leave our "signature", so he backed the car back into its spot instead of going nose-first. We got away with it, but I made the mistake of telling my mom about it a few days later and she freaked out, understandably. I never did anything too bad, but when I did, I went big.

R26 is a chubby old John, R52. He's grateful young boys still make mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 94January 15, 2020 2:32 AM

haha, that's great r94! It also shows a teenager's thinking, I am pretty certain you'd be in as much trouble if you got pulled over as the driver.

by Anonymousreply 95January 15, 2020 6:45 PM

I didn't adequately think through my alibi.

But, luckily, things worked out okay.

by Anonymousreply 96January 19, 2020 12:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!