Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeb Bush

Much like the 2012 election season, it appears that the GOP is going to back A-N-Y-O-N-E besides the eventual nominee. I assumed that Trump would start to fade sometime in the fall. He is. Now, Carson will get a shot, until he fades sometime during the holidays.

That leaves us with Bush and Rubio. The Bush machine will paint young Marco as the Republican, Latino version of President Obama, and so Jeb! gets the nomination.

Ensuring that the 2016 election between Clinton and Bush will be the most B-O-R-I-N-G in my lifetime.

Enjoy, bitches!!

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2020 3:05 PM

Nominating Jeb! will ensure victory for Hillary.

I imagine that is the plan anyway. Hillary is as chummy with the Neo-cons as their standard-bearer, Bush.

by Anonymousreply 1October 28, 2015 7:05 PM

If Jeb is the nominee, there will almost certainly be a third-party candidate. Shades of 1992.

by Anonymousreply 2October 28, 2015 7:16 PM

3rd party candidates always make the debates a lot more fun.

by Anonymousreply 3October 28, 2015 8:04 PM

Jeb Bush is the most pathetic candidate currently. The establishment sees it now and they are trying to go a different way. I say Rubio gets nomination.

How bad do you have to be that you need to use GWBush to help your campaign? And people think it's a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 4October 28, 2015 8:51 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not let them go back to a rich asshole like Romney or Rauner.

by Anonymousreply 5October 28, 2015 9:54 PM

I thought Jeb was the likely candidate till he actually started showing his face in public. The only thing I can thank Trump for is "low energy". I love it. He's such a wimp. He's obviously the least dangerous Republican (except for Kasich). Cruz is the absolute worst and I live in terror that that psycho might ever get anywhere near real power.

Would Hispanics vote for Rubio? He's a right-wing Cuban and doesn't give a shit about Mexicans. Cubans got automatic immigration, really unfair to every other nationality due to the US's totally wacko Cuban policy.

by Anonymousreply 6October 28, 2015 9:58 PM

Rubio was a Mormon for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2015 12:30 AM

Cruz is a Batman villain.

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2015 12:33 AM

Jeb! is a loser. He has a 100 million dollar warchest, and is trailing far behind a black neurosurgeon in a REPUBLICAN race. Imagine that.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2015 12:45 AM

Cruz is psycho.

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2015 12:53 AM

Rubio has taken the lead and at the moment would be the least dangerous choice for the GOP cruds. However, he has some serious issues - he's a jerk, he's dishonest, he's unattractively ambitious, he plays with the truth (in clumsy ways, not in the Clinton way), and he lacks depth. As a Republican Hispanic, he could shake a little up, but Hispanics would recognize that he is NOT their friend - he's as much a local-Florida type as anything, and once his positions became more known he'd look like a token, a turncoat and a jerk. Which he is.

The GOP is thinking Jeb is a non-starter and that Rubio could energize things and save Florida and pull in New Mexico and Colorado (an maybe Iowa and - they think - Ohio!). Ha!

None of the Republicans looks like a winner at this point.

But it would be a godsend if they'd nominate someone like Cruz. A true maniac and demagogue.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2015 1:00 AM

I still say Mittens will ride into the Convention to save the day to run again and then be slaughtered by Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2015 1:02 AM

Hillary will slaughter Rubio and then continue eating lunch.

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2015 1:04 AM

"My brother kept us safe." How much of an idiot do you have to be to not know that quote wouldn't over well?

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2015 3:43 AM

The GOP has to attract the Latino vote. I was surprised to discover how many Latino elected officials are Republicans. But they are pissed off at what they see as injurious, insulting political policies and jibes at them and they will hold the nominee acountable. Rubio and Jeb are the only two who have something resembling a decent immigration policy ( though inadequate) and are appealing to the Latino voters. I think that Jeb has to take Rubio out to survive.

He went after him tonight, and failed. It was ridiculous. Jeb is not the right guy. He doesn't even convey a sense of purpose. Someone on TV was saying that what killed Teddy Kennedy's candidacy was when Roger Mudd asked "Why are you running for President?" And Teddy stumbled and stuttered and hesitated, and that' s Jeb. He doesn't seem to be able to say why he's running. He seems to be doing it because it's expected of him, and it's obvious he hates every minute.

His policies are really bad politics too. If people really understood what he is proposing, if elected, for Social Security and medicare, and other programs, "all that free stuff" he referred to, they'd run his ass back to Florida so fast his head would spin. He's not fast on his feet either. He gets all tangled up in his words. Can't close the sale.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2015 3:57 AM

He's a total bore. His war chest may make him the only one left standing at the end. If the GOP nominates him, they won't believe in him and won't show up at the polls.

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2015 4:16 AM

R11, Would appreciate more of your insights about Rubio's true character. Can you provide specific examples of how " he's a jerk, he's dishonest, he's unattractively ambitious, he plays with the truth (in clumsy ways . . ." Please understand I am NOT disagreeing with your point of view. I just thought he'd be the "least bad choice" among the field of top Republican candidates, as Kasich is near the bottom. I expect to get into more discussions about the election, and some of my friends are Moderate Republicans. Still can't understand why it's so hard for the party to come up with really, really smart and diplomatic choices.

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2015 5:35 AM

On Drudge Report, which has a largely conservative Republican readership (but gets news junkies from all over the political spectrum, there was a post debate poll. 200,000 people voted. Unless there's a blowout (like the first Obama/Romney debate), people usually just pick the candidate they plan on voting for.

Trump did very well. Bush had just over 900 of those votes. That represents only one half of one percent.

Bush has tons of money, but if he can't get 1% on post debate poll where he didn't shit his pants on stage, he's damaged goods.

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2015 7:12 AM

What are the stories about Rubio pocketing campaign money for his private use? I love how he highlights he was soooo poor unlike the others so of course he has to steal, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2015 10:09 PM

Jeb is a mess!

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2020 1:56 PM

[bold]R20 and her cunt whore mother must die in a grease fire[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2020 2:09 PM

Rubio is a Cuban. Hispanics hate Cubans. Plus, Rubio is a serial liar and a stupid one at that. He’s an opportunistic whore with no civic dirt towards the constituent. Politically, I believe he’s doomed.

Can we just get a person nominated with the public servant mind instead of these power hungry sycophants?

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2020 2:28 PM

Sexy Ben Sasse for the WIN.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2020 2:52 PM

R22 Rubio sucks.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2020 2:55 PM

Cruz was born under the Canadian flag. For originalists in the Supreme Court - which is every justice republican president's put there - he would be ineligible. And in this case the liberal justices would probably agree. Good!

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2020 3:03 PM

R25 Cruz sucks.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2020 3:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!