Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Massive surge in transgender children seeking treatment

London’s Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, which runs the only clinic in the UK to deal with young transgender people, released its annual figures this week. It shows that there has been a 500% increase in referrals in the past five years, from 139 in 2010 to 697 in 2014.

There are a growing number of people under the age of 18 who identify as transgender in the UK, but the majority of current gender law only applies to adults. In addition, the NHS currently bans most gender treatments for those under the age of 16, including most forms of hormone treatment and surgical intervention. Treatments available for young trans people include ‘hormone blockers’ – which can delay the onset of puberty – as well as psychological services and counselling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 25, 2019 8:56 PM

We had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 1October 28, 2015 6:53 PM

We are coming for your children, and you will welcome us with open arms.

by Anonymousreply 2October 28, 2015 7:00 PM

I wonder how long this thread will last. We mustn't discuss any genuine concerns we might have about the transgender ideology.

by Anonymousreply 3October 28, 2015 7:06 PM

All this T stuff makes me uncomfortable, but to each zer own.

by Anonymousreply 4October 28, 2015 7:10 PM

of course, there will always be those in denial about this awful trend

by Anonymousreply 5October 28, 2015 7:30 PM

Thanks, Op, for this article. Just yesterday the DL transbot insisted that a very low number of kids want to T.

It's obvious to me that potentially gay children are being hit the hardest. They are naive and believe that it's actually possible to change their bio sex. They will be sorely disappointed when they realize that's not true, and all the hormone blockers and eventual surgeries and HRT was for nothing. They will have very few dating opportunities.

It's up to us to watch out for them. T is both homophobic and misogynist. Nothing good comes of it at all.

And now they're attacking my beloved RuPaul. Fuck them. They're assholes.

by Anonymousreply 6October 28, 2015 7:48 PM

Each pre-tranny will get a starter kit: a book template and a blog to "tell their unique story," a GLAAD-provided workbook for them/zir/it to redefine any and all reference to itself, and a SJW Twitter account that automatically posts "I'm offended!" replies to any comment about T peeps.

by Anonymousreply 7October 28, 2015 7:52 PM

What happens when a kid takes hormone blockers? Does it effect brain development? Growth? Is it like a prolonged childhood in some ways?

In my opinion part of what makes someone an "adult" is that, by the age of 18, there has been an accumulation of experiences and some ability to work through what those experiences mean. Those experiences involve sexual identity. I'm assuming puberty blockers completely fuck with that.

by Anonymousreply 8October 28, 2015 7:55 PM

R7, don't forget the "professional photo shoot."

Every single T person seems to have high-quality head shots. They are milking their "oppression" for all its worth.

by Anonymousreply 9October 28, 2015 7:59 PM

R8, yep, it essentially prolongs the childhood state--there's a pix of a trans teen next to hir twin brother--he looks about four years older.

Lots of problems with puberty blockers--seguing from them to hormone treatments pretty much guarantees sterility. Also, kids with GID often grow out of it with the *onset* of puberty. So, kids who would have been on their way to becoming non-trans adults don't get the wake-up call and reorientation of adolescent hormones.

It's insane to me how this serious experimentation on children takes place and anyone who raises an eyebrow gets shouted down.

by Anonymousreply 10October 28, 2015 8:09 PM

I bet some parents force their kids into doing that shit. My mother deeply resented my tom boyish sister. She wanted a more feminine daughter that was into clothes and make up that she could be best girlfriends with and go shopping together. She blamed her gender non compliance on depression and brought her to a shrink to get her medicated. She was deeply disappointed when the SSRI my sister took didn't change her from a broody tomboy into a bubbly feminine girly girl.

Parents from patriarchal misogynist cultures like China and India might try to change their daughter into a boy. What if the father of a sensitive unathletic boy wants his son to take testosterone in hope that he will be more into sports?

What if a tomboy is made to feel bad about herself as a girl and is encouraged to be a boy? What if crazy parents think it's cool and trendy to have a trans gendered child and encourage/force the child into the trannie lifestyle. Like how parents force piano lessons on their kids. What if the mother is a Munchhausen syndrome attention whore and wants a trannie kid so she can write about it on her mommy blog? What if a mother hates men and tries to turn her son into a girl?

Kids don't need to be dealing with adult's gender issues.

by Anonymousreply 11October 28, 2015 8:11 PM

[quote]And now they're attacking my beloved RuPaul.

They've been trying that for a while. What is it now?

by Anonymousreply 12October 28, 2015 8:36 PM

I just read the below article today, r12. It includes screenshots of mean tweets from trannies directed at my beloved RuPaul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 28, 2015 8:58 PM

Personality is not determined until the early twenties. Children and teens are in a constant state of development and therefore, change. It is grotesque that minors are being considered for medical interventions which they are NOT mature enough to make any informed decision about. I know the arguments of the trans cult - that puberty must be blocked to afford a better chance of 'passing'. Well, fucking TOUGH - kids cannot meaningfully consent to hormone 'therapy' or God forbid - genital mutilation. These issues are too serious to allow these mental defectives to ride roughshod over the concerns of reasonable people who fear for gay, lesbian, and other vulnerable, impressionable kids.

by Anonymousreply 14October 28, 2015 9:12 PM

A comment from the Trans cult wrote about this story : Well, I'd let the experts deal with these issues

Hmm, all Trans experts are part of the Trans cult

by Anonymousreply 15October 28, 2015 9:35 PM

True, r15.

They also changed laws so they can now say, "well, the law doesn't agree with you" and "legally, he's a woman now."

by Anonymousreply 16October 28, 2015 9:59 PM

It's all so heartbreaking. I worry that, despite our attempts to speak out, the trans cult has so infiltrated the mainstream media that it's going to be years before there's a backlash, when some kid realizes he's been experimented on and sues and the whole house of cards comes crashing down. But think of all the kids that will be affected by this; it could be hundreds or more, but even just one is heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 17October 28, 2015 10:42 PM

Crazy shit. How can kids possibly consent to these interventions in any meaningful way? Once they reach adulthood, they're essentially left with three options:

A) have risky, irreversible "bottom surgery" B) live the rest of their lives as a man with a vagina, or a woman with a penis C) de-transition

I doubt too many will pick option A. Option B is not going to be easy - sorry, but the "female penis" is never going to go mainstream. I can't imagine de-transitioning would be a picnic, either. They won't have gone through a natural puberty. Won't boys, for example, be left with high-pitched voices that never broke?

Plus, my understanding is that taking cross-sex hormones during puberty leaves you permanently infertile. That's a big decision to make at such a young age. I can't understand how this is happening in a society where people are usually terrified of being sued.

by Anonymousreply 18October 28, 2015 11:35 PM

Horrific. Gays and lesbians will be lumped into the blame when many of these poor kids have problems. Drop the T.

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2015 12:34 AM

There will be backlash about all this and probably a Dateline special 10 years from now once the damage has been done and the child victims start speaking up. Unfortunately because T is lumped in with LGB, gays and lesbians will face the repercussions of this crony science experiment.

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2015 1:06 AM

What I believe we're actually seeing is an upsurge in PARENTS seeking transgender treatment for children.

Children don't make their own doctors appointments.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2015 1:16 AM

Homophobic child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2015 1:20 AM

More transchildren for the transrevolution!

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2015 1:21 AM

R13, I love the tweet of RuPaul's that appears in that article. "Ego loves identity. Drag mocks identity. Ego hates drag."

by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2015 1:32 AM

Doesn't Tavistock have a history re mind control?

by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2015 1:36 AM

What's funny is that Ru Paul embodies the kind of drag queens and transvestites that rioted at Stonewall. You can bet your ass that if Ru Paul had been at Stonewall, the trannies would have posthumously have labeled him as "transgendered."

by Anonymousreply 26October 29, 2015 1:38 AM

“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.” – John Lennon

by Anonymousreply 27October 29, 2015 1:50 AM

R20, it's ashame that P.C. Idiots like our beloved TransBot don't get that. At my university, there are virtually no specific supports for gay and lesbian students. Everything (i.e. counselling services, networking events, parties etc) is either grouped under the broad banner of LGBTQIAT2P or for gender queer and trans exclusively. I understand those individuals need supports too, but is there really that big of a population on campus? I go to school in a small Ontario city.

by Anonymousreply 28October 29, 2015 2:25 AM

I hope those letters break up soon, R28, or people boycott those groups and start new ones

by Anonymousreply 29October 29, 2015 2:28 AM

R29 The funny thing is the trans at my school also have another group dedicated to their issues on campus as well. It's called the Center for Gender and Social Justice (previously the Center for Women's Issues). They don't have a working phone number, email or Facebook page, but collect levy money funded by our tuition.

by Anonymousreply 30October 29, 2015 2:35 AM

The emergence of non-binary gender identities could well be a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I think it's all daft - who says there has to be a binary in the first place? Why not just be a tomboy, or a boy who likes pink?

But as far as I'm aware, you can't be given puberty blockers or hormones just because you identify as non-binary. A "genderqueer" kid may grow up to be embarrassed by the whole thing, but there won't be any lasting physical damage. You can't say the same about a child who is diagnosed with Gender Identity Disorder.

by Anonymousreply 31October 29, 2015 2:42 AM

That is very disturbing, R30.

They are so controlling and so many are brainwashed. Remain strong!

by Anonymousreply 32October 29, 2015 2:43 AM

the Transgender umbrella!

Trans rules the LGBTwhatever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2015 2:47 AM

R31, Social roles were rejected a long time ago in the 70s, but I guess these kids are unaware of it. There is nothing wrong with being a tomboy etc, that is what they should have been thinking the whole time.

The binary etc jargon is so tied up with the trans jargon which involves surgery, hormones, pronouns, identity and insane ideology. All the trans jargon should be thrown out - it is confusing, dishonest, ugly, and just bullshit.

People need to speak in plain language and discard the trans language - they can't think anymore. Tomboy is fine.

by Anonymousreply 34October 29, 2015 2:50 AM

Surprised by the inclusion of drag queens and kings, R33.

Also, masculine women and feminine men fall under the trans umbrella? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 35October 29, 2015 2:57 AM

This is where they can put the Trans umbrella

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 29, 2015 2:59 AM

Yes, R35

Trans believe that even gays fall under the Trans umbrella. I've had plenty of arguments about this with Trans and shut them down.

by Anonymousreply 37October 29, 2015 3:00 AM

[quote]Also, masculine women and feminine men fall under the trans umbrella? WTF?

Iran thinks that, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 29, 2015 3:01 AM

This genderqueer doesn't consider itself either trans or a butch lesbian because it likes to dress up feminine sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 29, 2015 3:04 AM

[R30] Our university Women's Centre was also renamed to erase the term "women," and is now dedicated to issues of genderqueer demi-boi types. (Who ALL wear fucking identical plastic frame hipster glasses.) The trans lobby get the student levy budget and office space, for what used to be for the interests of half the student body.

by Anonymousreply 40October 29, 2015 3:38 AM

I find this all very frightening. I haven't been very vocal about it before but this is very scary.

I used to play with my sisters Barbie dolls (there must have been other signs too) and at one point my parents sent me to a psychiatrist to be observed for gayness or disorder I presume, when I was about age 5 or 6 years old (the reason was never clear/explained and my parents are awful people so I can't ask them).

I was alone in a room for the observation. I'm fairly intuitive so somehow I knew they were observing me through a mirrored wall so I just sat there not touching any of the toys or Barbie doll that were in the room. They left me there for a LONG time and I remember being terrified but knew what was going on. That must have pissed them off that I didn't touch anything. I've grown up a fairly masculine, well-adjusted normal happy gay man who is very happy in my own skin and I would never have wanted to be a female and I don't now. I was just gay. I think I just liked Barbie's shoes for some reason. The whole Barbie/psychiatrist incident really scared me so I never touched another Barbie doll until I was in my 20s and went out a purchased one. Then I played with its shoes and cut all her hair off and threw it out. Need fulfilled.

I wonder what would have happened to me if I was 5 or 6 in 2015? I wonder if there are others that are being identified as transsexual when they are really just gay.

What happens if you are put on these hormones at such a young age and then decided you actually do want to be the sex you are? Is it reversible? There must be physical and psychological consequences.

by Anonymousreply 41October 29, 2015 8:27 AM

[quote]I wonder what would have happened to me if I was 5 or 6 in 2015? I wonder if there are others that are being identified as transsexual when they are really just gay.

I think a lot of us are thinking that. It is really horrific. It could have happened to us if we were young kids at this time.

[quote]What happens if you are put on these hormones at such a young age and then decided you actually do want to be the sex you are? Is it reversible? There must be physical and psychological consequence

The operations sure aren't reversible, it would be certainly be difficult. A few years ago, when they gave hormone treatment to older women they stopped because it was causing cancer and other health problems. How on earth can this be healthy for young bodies, and they are meant to take them for life? And to get out of it psychologically will be very hard, to know how they were harmed by people who should have protected them, that they were damaged for no reason, and just trying to live as themselves after this being put on them. It's all going to be very hard for these kids and it is all unnecessary. I wish we could stop this.

by Anonymousreply 42October 29, 2015 10:10 AM

[quote]It's insane to me how this serious experimentation on children takes place and anyone who raises an eyebrow gets shouted down.

Kind of like when they simply voted to remove homosexuxality from mental disorders.

by Anonymousreply 43October 29, 2015 12:39 PM

[quote]How on earth can this be healthy for young bodies, and they are meant to take them for life?

And yet homosexuals demand antiretroviral treatments for a 100% preventable disease. I would guess you don't have a problem with this.

by Anonymousreply 44October 29, 2015 12:41 PM

Die in a grease fire R43/44. Nobody cares about your T...

by Anonymousreply 45October 29, 2015 12:54 PM

FF R44, take your anti-gay slurs to one of the trannie / faux-feminist sites, you won't be tolerated here and you can't bully data loungers into silence

by Anonymousreply 46October 29, 2015 1:00 PM

Some of the regimens involving puberty blockers and hormones can produce sterility. Treating children (i.e. pre-puberty) for gender disorders has the best likelihood of them being able to 'pass' as adults (e.g. MTF without big adam's apples, etc) but is also riskiest, and most of the risks are unknown.

It does seem barbaric and unethical to do this to kids who are being trained to think their non-conformity means there is something wrong with their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 47October 29, 2015 1:25 PM

They're trying to wipe out baby gays and lesbians right before our eyes. This is genocide, they're robbing a fully functional kid of a normal life and a normal childhood. Drop the T.

by Anonymousreply 48October 29, 2015 1:48 PM

yes, that is it, R48

by Anonymousreply 49October 29, 2015 1:50 PM

The high rates of suicide among transgender people are always brought up as scare tactics when the ethics of this sort of treatment are questioned. (Although I'm sure the rates are high, I do think the media exaggerates - I remember reading an article that debunked the claims of a 41% attempt rate.)

But what about potential suicide rates among children who grow up to feel that they were misdiagnosed? How many boys will become suicidal when they grow up to realise that they're going to spend their lives as "chicks with dicks"? How many girls will become suicidal when they have to explain to their partners why they can't have children?

by Anonymousreply 50October 29, 2015 3:24 PM

WPATH CONSENSUS PROCESS Regarding TRANSGENDER and TRANSSEXUAL-RELATED DIAGNOSES:

Stigmatizing children with a diagnostic label when there is no disorder; diagnosis can become iatrogenic, instilling a sense in the child that “there is something wrong with me”; and a poor predictive value – 80% of children diagnosed with Gender Identity Disorder do not continue to have GID of adolescence or adulthood.

Specifically, research indicates it is impossible to reliably distinguish between a gender-variant child who will grow up to become trans and a gender-variant child who will grow up to be gay, lesbian, or bisexual, but not trans. As such, by conflating gender variance and sexual orientation, the proposed GIC category amounts to a re-pathologization of homosexuality

by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2015 3:43 PM

^ GOOD. WPATH is the premiere trans health organization, so it's refreshing to see them talking sense.

by Anonymousreply 52October 29, 2015 3:50 PM

Yes, that's the thing. The expert are actually worried about this and yet the Trans Cult refuse to listen to their own experts

by Anonymousreply 53October 29, 2015 4:01 PM

R50 Yeah, all the suicide statistics that trans like to present are fake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 29, 2015 4:06 PM

R50 The murder statistics are fake too. They are just one huge phony group of people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 29, 2015 4:08 PM

R46, it's funny how people like R43/R44 are bastions of tolerance except when it comes to gay men and women. Why is it even on this site except to troll? The TransBots aren't gaining any new converts here.

by Anonymousreply 56October 29, 2015 4:27 PM

Nah, R43/R44 isn't a bastion of tolerance. According to my Ignore list, he's a troll who's being antisemitic on some threads, pro-Scientology on others, and starting a lot of those inane "question" threads about stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 57October 29, 2015 4:46 PM

[quote]pro-Scientology on others

Well that explains everything!

by Anonymousreply 58October 29, 2015 4:48 PM

Any parent that subjects their sick-in-the-head children to this need to be strung up and fried by the ballsack with 1000v of electricity.

These kids need psychotherapists. A girl has a pussy. A boy has a cock. Deal with realilty. Put on a dress, put on a tuxedo. But this is part of the sickness pervading this nation.

by Anonymousreply 59October 29, 2015 4:57 PM

[quote]this is part of the sickness pervading this nation

Who let the Bachmann bitch in here?

by Anonymousreply 60October 29, 2015 5:58 PM

R59 is a sociopath. Show some compassion, people used to think gays were sick too.

by Anonymousreply 61October 29, 2015 6:21 PM

False equivalence, R61.

Homoosexuality is not a delusion which gays try and impose on others. It's a simple fact of orientation. Trans require people to accept delusions. Here at DL, most of us prefer facts. Sorry if that upsets you.

by Anonymousreply 62October 29, 2015 6:26 PM

[quote] Trans require people to accept delusions.

How? How are they requiring me to accept a delusion simply by asking that I treat them in a certain way? That I allow them to live as they please?

by Anonymousreply 63October 29, 2015 6:31 PM

R63, they want a lot more than common courtesy from you. They insist you believe them when they claim they are something they are not. You cannot change your biological sex. It is not possible. Agreeing with trans on that is nothing but the enabling of delusional disorder.

by Anonymousreply 64October 29, 2015 6:36 PM

You can't argue with the Trans cult and their followers

by Anonymousreply 65October 29, 2015 6:37 PM

One of my best friend's transitioned about twenty years ago. I raised the issue with her then about it possibly being simply a way to erase her gender nonconformity, but she didn't agree at all, thinking it was about helping her conform to her own feelings about herself. And I accepted that, because I love her, and none of it would ever make a difference to me. But: she "came up" as part of the queer community in NYC in the late 80s/early 90s, and her perspective on things remains heavily informed by that.

What seems to be happening now is that a bunch of people fully socialized as male are suddenly declaring themselves trans and exercising their male rage when anyone disagrees with them. Hence the nauseating violence of the abuse and accusations they level. Frustrated male privilege, which they'd recognize if they had the slightest grounding in the politics of gender to start with. Instead, they've fed themselves only the most myopic, self-serving theories, that seek to deny every pattern of gendered behavior observed during the history of feminism. They don't seem to understand that gender privilege is given based upon perceived sex, not upon how you feel about yourself. A little boy is raised to adulthood with privileges a girl doesn't have no matter what he feels like inside, and as much as it might be taken away the second you identify publicly as trans, it doesn't erase your past, and the ways you've become accustomed to your demands being met, and the privileged role you expect your desires and experience to be given.

The trans movement is really one of the worst educated I've ever seen. The selectivity of its references is shameful.

by Anonymousreply 66October 29, 2015 7:17 PM

Lots of great posts on this thread...this is what I love about DL.

R50, some trans people still suicide even after transitioning. So transitioning does not prevent suicide.

Makes sense, suicidal thoughts are a mental issue, not physical.

Operating on the body does not heal a mental problem. (duh)

by Anonymousreply 67October 29, 2015 7:42 PM

R62 Yes, that is a very good point. Trans is, at its core, a participatory phenomenon. The individual does not simply require respect (like a gay person), no, they need to constantly be reinforced by the outside world and told that they are indeed whatever they claim to be. When was the last time a gay person called it violence if somebody didn't believe they were gay? Does anyone actually feel brutalised if some rando doesn't think you're gay? For a trans person, not having their "gender identity" validated at every turn is tantamount to murder or some kind of crime; "You are killing me"/"You are making me want to kill myself".

If some person I don't even know doesn't believe I'm gay, I honestly would not care at all. My homosexuality is an integral part of who I am and nobody can take it away from me. I don't have the time to deal with thought crimes and would rather devote my time and energy into ending real violence.

by Anonymousreply 68October 29, 2015 7:44 PM

The trans phenomenon is happening at this time in history because of a confluence of many historical and sociological factors. Gender roles are extremely rigid now and have been for the past 20 years due to the failure/backlash against 2nd wave feminism (inability to loosen or do away with strict gender roles) but also the success of feminism in that family planning is commonly practiced and family sizes are smaller. This means that children don't share (unisex) toys. Toys have been pink and blue gender marketed for the past 20-30 years. Also, there is the backlash against gay rights and homophobia of parents, which has caused the children's clothes designs to look ultra fem and butch compared to how they used to.

by Anonymousreply 69October 29, 2015 7:51 PM

[quote]I don't have the time to deal with thought crimes and would rather devote my time and energy into ending real violence.

Exactly.

Women experience sexism constantly. Some choose to ignore and workaround it because the sexism has been around forever, and will most likely continue to be around forever. And they need a paycheck.

Trannies are surprisingly thin-skinned and controlling. They don't just live and let live. They're insecure because they know that they are frauds. Their entire happiness is based on something not even real: sex roles. Totally man-made and constantly changing.

by Anonymousreply 70October 29, 2015 7:52 PM

R62, the difference between trans and gays is that gays don't try to harm themselves and/or cause irreversible damage to their own bodies. Basically.. being gay is harmless. Also.. being gay just means that guys like to get it on with other guys. Trans actually THINK it's possible to change gender when it's not. They will always have their born chromosomes.

The issue here is that they're harming themselves. You might as well say "but it's their choice!" That may be, but not when they impose their views on their children and force their children who don't know any better, to go on hormones and puberty blockers. We are talking changing their bodies, doing irreversible damage.. and these young kids are not old enough to make these kinds of decisions, and their parents certainly shouldn't be making these decisions on their kids' behalf.

Like said upthread.. hormones cause cancer. What if the child grows out of their gender confusion? You can't go back on a SRS. I was a tomboy when I was a kid, my parents just accepted it. Today I'm a fairly femme, I'm wearing make up and dresses. But that's besides the point. Maybe if I'd grown up today my parents would have thought "hey, she's a boy, we need to start the transition right away!" instead of "this is normal, maybe she'll grow out of it, or not, maybe she's gay, but it doesn't matter".

Cancer, irreversible damage to their bodies, high suicide rates, adults imposing their views on their children instead of accepting them as a baby gay or lesbian, or heck.. just a boy who likes dolls or a girl who likes cars. Not everything is about sexuality and gender. These are all legitimate concerns. Fact is there isn't enough research on this subject yet. We are talking possibly ruining a kids life, or at least their childhood.

I don't think it's fair to be labelled transphobic because of these legitimate concerns. And people are right when they say the parents just don't want to have a gay kid, it's easier to have a fake straight kid than a gay one. There's a reason srs is legal and encouraged in countries like Iran, while the same country has the death penalty for gays. The trans people want to wipe out all gay people. It's time we take this seriously. They have already started to attack our culture (drag queens etc) while clinging onto our organizations. Where will it end? I say drop the T.

by Anonymousreply 71October 29, 2015 7:58 PM

And another aspect, r69....gays and women ([italic]including gay women and people of every race and ethnicity who are gay, female or both -- this must be clarified for SJWs who mistakenly assume "gay" is just white men, and "feminists" are just straight, white women[/italic]) are better off today than ever before, and if HRC is elected president, this trend will continue.

Yet for trannies, things are worse now than they were in the 1950s. In fact, they want to return to the 1950s definitions of feminine and masculine. They are more binary than any of us.

by Anonymousreply 72October 29, 2015 8:00 PM

R72 They always like to play the "You are probably some middle-class white cis gay!" as some kind of cool rhetorical gotcha point. The irony comes from the fact that two weeks ago they would have been classified by society as a typical middle (or even upper)-class white hetero dude (or girl) yet are now using people oppressed by their race as this obedient monolith that is completely in line with trans politics.

What they're trying to do is appear non-threatening by compartmentalizing their homophobia. I am not a white gay guy and I can assure you that their racism and homophobia is virulent.

by Anonymousreply 73October 29, 2015 8:15 PM

Well said, R73.

by Anonymousreply 74October 29, 2015 8:25 PM

I agree, r71. There are more differences than just that. For example, the clash of rights. Homosexual behavior used to be illegal. "Decriminalizing" it did not harm another group -- it didn't take rights away from blacks, women, etc.

But transwomen want full access to women's bathrooms and showers. They want to be housed with women in shelters and prisons. They want to change the language women use, and they want women to be referred to as "cis women" from now on.

by Anonymousreply 75October 29, 2015 8:25 PM

' They want to be housed with women in shelters and prisons. '

And are, and some of them abuse that access by assaulting women and this fact is being ignored and denied. Douglas Perry who murdered three female sex workers transitioned to 'Donna', transwoman, and demanded to be locked up in a women's prison. And he was, you know, so his sensitive trans feelings wouldn't be hurt.

by Anonymousreply 76October 29, 2015 8:43 PM

R76 Likewise, Christopher "Jessica" Hambrook was granted access to multiple women's shelters. He then went on to rape several women. "Gender identity" laws are being pushed that protect any male who proclaims that he "feels like a woman" and his access women's spaces.

Trans like to claim that no male would ever dress up to commit a crime in women's spaces, but they also separate themselves from transwomen who do "inconvenient" things and claim that he wasn't an ACTUAL transwoman after all (since no transwoman can ever commit a crime, contrary to that Swedish study). The contradiction is evident: they acknowledge that there are indeed males acquiring access to women's spaces and committing crimes, yet completely ignore women's concerns for their own safety by telling them that such a thing never really happens.

by Anonymousreply 77October 29, 2015 9:01 PM

R72, R73 totally agree. And it makes me ill that some trans rights legal cases are using Title IX as basis, which the plaintiffs can do as they are legally recognized as females in some states. Insane

by Anonymousreply 78October 29, 2015 9:03 PM

'Donna' Perry actually confessed to her female cell mate that she had murdered women due to jealousy that they could have kids and she couldn't -because she 's male. But let's not worry about her cell mate's right to safety. Trans feelings are the most important thing, we all know that.

by Anonymousreply 79October 29, 2015 9:07 PM

Once again, if someone doesn't like what you say, you hit "ignore" instead of thinking and realizing what they say is correct.

AIDS is 100% preventable. That is a fact, but you call it a troll, when you don't like the fact.

You are totally critical of pro-Transgender people, yet when the same criteria is applied to homosexuals you say it's a troll.

If someone defends a POINT of Scientology but not the whole religion you take it as a troll, instead of realizing not everything is black and white.

Sorry if you're upset because someone is making sense, you're just too stupid to realize that you're just a bigoted mess.

by Anonymousreply 80October 29, 2015 9:59 PM

R80 HIV (and as a result, AIDS) is not a 100% preventable illness. Tell that to the 3 million children in the world who were born with it. Even so, you are not taking into account rape, deception and a dozen of other factors.

Let's say it were indeed 100% preventable. Know what else is preventable? Being killed by a driver considering you could just spend your entire life indoors. What else are you gonna do, not cover for the health needs of someone who is diabetic because they may have brought it on themselves due to their eating habits?

You are boring.

by Anonymousreply 81October 29, 2015 10:09 PM

r76 I thought you were kidding so I looked it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 29, 2015 10:17 PM

R82, I can see why you'd think it was a joke. He should never have been put in a women's jail with a female cell mate.

by Anonymousreply 83October 29, 2015 10:43 PM

Just add to the brew--study from Finland shows that 26 percent of the girls presented to clinics with gender dysphoria are on the autism spectrum. There's some speculation that the obsession with gender is a symptom of OCD not gender dysphoria.

Apparently member of the trans cult like to visit autism forums in an attempt to spread the trans gospel.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 84October 30, 2015 12:15 AM

There's room in this world for people to be both gay and trans, I hope that in time we will rediscover common ground and concentrate on fighting our common enemies and not each other.

However... we gays DO have to dig in our heels and fight for the non-gender-conforming children! That's one are where the trans movement and the gay movement have views that cannot be reconciled, and the fact is that we are right and they are wrong. We tell non-gender-conforming children that they are wonderful and totally normal the way they are, and the transies tell them that they need hormones and surgery and lawsuits and sterilization and unnecessary surgeries. Of course we're right, or right for the vast majority of these kids! And we need to make the whole world understand what's right, or the part of the world that's capable of listening to reason.

by Anonymousreply 85October 30, 2015 4:30 AM

Unfortunately R85, the damage will have to be done before this trend stops. Give it 10 years. There will be MAJOR backlash, lawsuits, and reports on the devastation medicalizing gender nonconforming children did to an entire generation. It's coming.

by Anonymousreply 86October 30, 2015 4:34 AM

Jazz Jennings: raised by conservative republican south florida family

Laverne Cox: raised by gay-hating grandma

Chaz: Cher couldn't really accept Chastity being a lesbian, so ...

Have there been any high profile trans people who were not steeped in gay self-hate from antigay family situations?

by Anonymousreply 87October 30, 2015 4:34 AM

R87 Yes, all the trans who fancy themselves "lesbian/gay". They are all heterosexuals (sometimes bisexuals), so homophobia has never really been important to them unless they feel like harassing gay people for who the hell knows what; cotton ceiling, not being a good enough trans ally, being too good, etc.

Some high profile ones (there are hundreds of others who rarely make the headlines yet have amassed vast sums of money):

Bruce Jenner (millionaire) Jennifer Pritzker (millionaire) Lana Wachowski (millionaire)

You do bring a valid point however, and you reminded me of the case of that British child celebrity James Charles Harries. He displayed "mannerisms" that were unacceptable to his parents, so they took him to see a doctor so he could be changed. Later on he pursued surgery and changed his name to Lauren Harries.

Simply awful.

by Anonymousreply 88October 30, 2015 7:06 AM

Doctor's take a Hippocratic Oath in most countries, don't they? Question - if children taking misc hormones and/or hormone blockers is so very harmful, how can a "massive surge" of parents/children find doctors willing to participate and prescribe these drugs???

Why don't we ever hear from doctors telling us this is child abuse?

by Anonymousreply 89October 30, 2015 7:54 AM

Child abuse...very sad

by Anonymousreply 90October 30, 2015 9:02 AM

Oh dear...

"I am a Woman" by Lauren Harries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 30, 2015 9:05 AM

How come this thread is not closed yet? yesterday a thread related to Trans people was there in which a FTM was complaining about gay men. "10 offensive things gay men say to Trans Men"

Gay people were giving contradictory opinion about it . And Today I am not able to find that thread . Most probably it was closed by moderator.

What I find it strange that I have seen most offensive things said about gays and lesbian on datalounge but none of those thread or post are deleted . But say something which is against the sensitivity of trans people and it will closed immediately

by Anonymousreply 92October 30, 2015 9:28 AM

I couldn't find that thread either R92. It disappeared while I was in the middle of reading it.

Meanwhile - every other thread on DL is about trans people...

by Anonymousreply 93October 30, 2015 9:34 AM

According to Caitlyn Jenner's eldest son on how his conservative colleagues took the transgender news...

[quote] It's a very machismo crowd, and very conservative. But I've been blown away with the response and I'm very thankful for the support. What I've found is that people are always only willing to say stuff under the anonymity of social media.

No surprise the machismo and conservative guys are okay with transgendered woman. Why? Because if a guy has any feminine traits or is attracted to guys, he isn't a real man!

by Anonymousreply 94October 30, 2015 2:24 PM

True, R94. I have seen homophobic types that have made plenty of homophobic comments, yet zero re trans. They believe it because it speaks to their stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2015 2:26 PM

[quote]Gay people were giving contradictory opinion about it . And Today I am not able to find that thread . Most probably it was closed by moderator.

You expect a thread bashing gay men to be open and not closed? This is a GAY WEBSITE. We are allowed to our opinions about trans people. If you want a website bowing down to the insane demands by the trans and their right wing agenda, go to tumblr. We will not allow that here.

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2015 4:43 PM

It wasn't a thread bashing gay men, R96

The comments were all against the Trans Man's column about the things gay men shouldn't say to Trans Men.

by Anonymousreply 97October 30, 2015 4:51 PM

It was "anti-trans" so that's why it was closed. Starting to see the light?

by Anonymousreply 98October 30, 2015 5:11 PM

It was closed because some gay posters object to being sexually harassed by biological women who are deluded enough to believe gays will want to fuck them if they wear a strap on.

by Anonymousreply 99October 30, 2015 5:16 PM

[quote]It was closed because some gay posters object to being sexually harassed by biological women who are deluded enough to believe gays will want to fuck them if they wear a strap on.

What thread was that? I need a laugh today.

by Anonymousreply 100October 30, 2015 5:44 PM

It's been deleted, R100.

We gays must fuck trans pussy these days, you see, or risk being shrieked at.

by Anonymousreply 101October 30, 2015 5:49 PM

As a gay man, I will not stand for any sort of redefinition of what it means to be gay. Gay men are not attracted to any sort of female sex organ and that's the end of it, no "preferences", no "live and let live". On the other hand (and I am sorry to say), but the slow surge of FtMs who feel sexually entitled to gay men has the potential to be a good thing. Perhaps when more gay men start to experience what lesbian women have had to deal with all by themselves for the past several years, we will finally wake up as a whole and understand how destructive trans politics are to our community.

by Anonymousreply 102October 30, 2015 8:38 PM

[quote] It was closed because some gay posters object to being sexually harassed by biological women who are deluded enough to believe gays will want to fuck them if they wear a strap on.

Don't make it sound like it's all biological women. You know very well who it is.

by Anonymousreply 103October 30, 2015 9:24 PM

Yes, it's biological men who think lesbians will want to fuck them if they wear bolt-on tits.

by Anonymousreply 104October 30, 2015 9:57 PM

[quote]As a gay man, I will not stand for any sort of redefinition of what it means to be gay. Gay men are not attracted to any sort of female sex organ and that's the end of it, no "preferences", no "live and let live". On the other hand (and I am sorry to say), but the slow surge of FtMs who feel sexually entitled to gay men has the potential to be a good thing. Perhaps when more gay men start to experience what lesbian women have had to deal with all by themselves for the past several years, we will finally wake up as a whole and understand how destructive trans politics are to our community.

Amen R102. Absolutely non-negotiable.

by Anonymousreply 105October 31, 2015 12:07 PM

3 years later since this thread was created and trans are more relevant now than ever. It’s only going to get much worse unless we stop it now. Drop the fucking T!!!

by Anonymousreply 106February 25, 2019 3:16 PM

Sad Dutch documentary ( w/English subtitles) recently posted onto youtube about transgender regret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 25, 2019 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!