Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Strange past places you revisit in your mind.

It's been years since high school finished and the one place I still revisit in my mind is my last semester in high school, calculus class. The reason is because my crush of four years who I never spoke to was in that class.

It is an oddly fond memory that I still revisit. I know it's pathetic but my mind still sometimes does that.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2020 3:51 AM

It's not pathetic, OP. It's a cute story. You have to get your joy where you can in this life, I think.

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2015 5:07 AM

What do you learn in high school calculus. Just limits? Or does it go through differential and then integral calculus?

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2015 5:12 AM

As a brownie, marching around the playground (idiotic I know) . Such a feeling of happy innocence.....then doing the art project.... gluing sequins on sweetheart soaps....doing "cooking" at some mom's house..... we each got to make a couple of cuts with a butter knife on the pillsbury chocolate chip cookie loaf.......fast forward a couple of years and JFK was shot. I have this memory of being in a reading group at the time and this guy Sheldon had his hand down his pants.

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2015 6:36 AM

Dirty Jonathan, is this you?

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2015 6:38 AM

The last night in my townhouse outside Boston. I'd packed some shelves and boxes, but the movers did the majority and loaded it on the truck the next day. I stood where my dining room adjoined the living room and looked around, memorizing the details. I go there when I need a moment of calm and comfort. I miss that house terribly.

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2015 6:42 AM

The windmills of my mind.

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2015 6:54 AM
by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2015 12:33 PM

I stayed at a friend's home after college for a year. I dream about her and that home often. She was a nice grandmotherly sort of woman and a great cook. I did not realize how happy I was til years later.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2015 12:42 PM

Hey OP, look up the person you had a crush on and see what's going on in his or her life. That does not necessarily mean direct contact at first, but a Facebook contact or class reunion could help settle your thoughts. Chances are very low that it will be an opening to a meaningful relationship, but give yourself the experience of some closure with the wondering 'what if's'. Be prepared, he ain't the cute 17 year old anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2015 1:08 PM

My real life is so sad and pathetic right now that I live mostly inside my own imagination.

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2015 6:38 PM

I have recurring dreams about being back in college and living on my old fraternity hall in the dorm. Nobody recognizes me.

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2015 6:40 PM

The locations where I buried my exes.

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2015 6:43 PM

Me too R10.

Most of the places I go back to involve my first job out of HS. I was making good money, I was independent, I had self-confidence, I had hopes and dreams.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2015 6:50 PM

I go back to lots of places in my past, usually in my dreams. Recurring: flying around the ad agency I worked at in Seattle; flying around the Union Square subway stop (my express stop). Recently, the school I used to go to an AA meeting in back in the '80s. That's all I can think of today.

by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2015 6:55 PM

[quote]I stayed at a friend's home after college for a year. I dream about her and that home often. She was a nice grandmotherly sort of woman and a great cook. I did not realize how happy I was til years later.

Can you still tell her that, or not?

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2020 2:33 AM

OP, Gurl, you need to get out and climb on top of another dick!

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2020 2:41 AM

The video store I frequented until I left for college. Lots of happy memories there and where I first began my love affair with film.

My grandparents' house and the school that was down the street that had an awesome playground my brother and I would run off to whenever we were staying with them. They had the most beautiful, huge trees I'd ever seen in my life. I've driven past it in the past decade and most of the school looks the same, but the playground has been totally remodeled and the trees have been cut down. Cut down for no reason. It's not like there's anything in their place like an extra wing of the school or another swing set or something. It's just blank. I'm not opposed to change, but stupid changes like that always bother me.

I revisit my elementary school days a lot as well. I was so happy there. I even had to stop by there a few years ago to pick up something from a friend who works there and, as I opened the doors, I had to stop myself from crying. I hadn't been in there for over 30 years and, while so much had changed, the smell was still there. It was almost like the smell of old library books. The smell overwhelmed me and triggered such an emotional response that I was taken aback. I had to resist the urge to ask if I could have a look around since that would be super creepy.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2020 2:44 AM

Due to this quarantine thing, I've been desperate to channel a little happiness, so I typed in the address of my former college on Google Maps and took a tour of the entire town via satellite. Thankfully, not that much has changed and that made me really happy.

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2020 2:46 AM

College years, cruising the gym, oral sex in the steam room.

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2020 2:48 AM

r15 fuck you, bump bitch

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2020 3:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!