Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unsealed footage of Pharrell and Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" depositions !! Good stuff in here lol

Pharrell continually argues with the lawyer by saying "I'm not comfortable" when talking about music notes. Later the lawyer brings up an interview in which Pharrell talks about how he was basically channeling Marvin Gaye.

In the Robin Thicke footage, we keep hearing Thicke say he was high and drunk all the time in an obvious attempt to shift blame off of him and solely on to Pharrell. Rat move, Thicke.

I'm glad they both lost the case.

Here is Pharrell's footage:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2021 1:52 AM

and Robin Thicke's footage:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2015 6:12 PM

The problem with saying 'I'm not comfortable with answering' in a deposition is that it goes into evidence. Williams must have thought he was being interviewed and it would not be used by the other side. I too am glad they lost.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2015 6:17 PM

Does anyone other than the parties involved really care at the end of the day? It seems like most big artists have stolen from other artists, been sued, and ultimately lost without career-ending repurcussions.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2015 6:45 PM

This was a bullshit case. What made the songs sound so similar were the drums and percussion. That's not something that a copyright covers. The music, which is covered by a copyright, was completely different.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2015 6:49 PM

I'm not going to watch either deposition… But was Pharrell wearing his stupid hat?

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2015 7:36 PM

I am comfortable in wearing this.

Eat it r5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2015 7:45 PM

I'm still floored that Pharell and Robin got away with it for as long as they did before someone filed suit. I could tell that was Marvin Gaye's track, instantly! I grew up on Motwon so MG is mother's milk to me. Anyone who has seen the Charlie's Angels films would remember it, too. I didn't watch the clips but they seem like total cunts for even trying to pull this stunt!

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2015 2:39 AM

[quote]That's not something that a copyright covers.

Not anymore - that's now changed.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2015 3:03 AM

Well it's kind of stupid, there are only so many notes and so many ways to combine them in a way that is pleasing to the ear, sometimes they are going to be put together in a way similar to another song, it doesn't mean someone said "let's rip THIS off and make money off it". The music industry is ridiculous these days, everyone who was in a building when a pop song is written seems to get a writing credit on it.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2015 3:52 AM

Oh please. It sounded exactly like Marvin Gaye. Some of you just have to be contrarian. Any idiot can hear it.

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2015 3:57 AM

Wow, what a couple of turds.

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2015 7:33 AM

I'd love to spend a night under Robin Thicke.

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2015 7:49 AM

You know you want it... You know you want it... I'm a lesbian and the song is mysogynistic to the nth degree, but it was still the most danceable tune that year.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2015 12:08 PM

My favourite parody is the Carrousel. Those girls have great voices.

by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2015 12:09 PM

I’m not clear on what is sampling and what is plagiarism. Can someone explain?

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote]Well it's kind of stupid, there are only so many notes and so many ways to combine them in a way that is pleasing to the ear,

I know. Just eight of those mother fucking notes. Not much to work with am I right?

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote]I’m not clear on what is sampling and what is plagiarism.

Sampling is a taste. Plagiarism is the whole gram.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2021 1:51 AM

Robin Thicke is such a gross douchebag

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2021 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!