Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your thoughts on the Purple Hair Trend: Sexy Lilac or Assisted Living Lavender?

the silvery purple hair trend is even playing in Peoria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2020 5:35 PM

If done well, can look great.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2015 3:07 AM

Werq

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2015 3:08 AM

pretty young ladies and gents can wear their hair anyway they like. I am partial to platinum blonde on pretty things.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2015 3:12 AM

Not with milk white skin though. It looks like you're promoting a football team.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2015 3:13 AM

Blue-haired old ladies and lavender-haired babygays. Like there's a difference . . .

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2015 3:16 AM

The saddest part of stuff like this is that we're slowly moving toward a day when the fashions in the Hunger Games movies will actually be worn.

There is a huge difference between self-expression and caricature.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2015 3:20 AM

Mine is the natural color of my hair. Do you mean some gay men have to dye it? Rather like being transfollicle, and requiring external means to "restore" how one feels it ought to be.

Be supportive.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2015 3:20 AM

If I put this thread on IGNORE, maybe purple hair will go away (though I have yet to see any).

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2015 3:22 AM

Ashley from Project Runway likes Purple Hair.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2015 3:23 AM

If only we could send some of these millenials to compete in an arena.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2015 3:32 AM

A youtube video on how to dye your hair violet for dudes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2015 2:42 AM

I don't understand the color on guys. To my eye, it's not remotely appealing. The rainbow of colors on women well, if that was the look you were after, you picked a good one. The maintenance seems huge. So many women I've seen have their original color showing with brown roots. If you're going to go purple, commit and keep your roots purple too. You look like trash on a meth bender with purple hair and brown roots.

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2015 2:50 AM

here some dude does a silver lilac at home dye job....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2015 3:09 AM

R2 Cool Awesome look and actually saw a dude today in NYC with violet hair better than the hair in a bun look ugh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2015 3:28 AM

I like the more gray purple. That's hot.

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2015 3:50 AM

silver is cool, i dunno know about lilac.

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2015 4:17 AM

stunning color on that dude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2015 4:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2015 4:51 AM

The flames from the video at r11 can be seen from space!

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2015 5:21 AM

I agree with R6. Caricature.

People now look like avatars or cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 20November 3, 2015 2:53 AM

To all who consider this look, please, first take an online quiz in color theory. See if you actually understand that what frames your face is at least as important as the fake lashes. This particular liliac shade, that many fashionistsas are sporting, I consider "Morticia Mauve."

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2015 9:00 PM

Definitely sexy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2015 9:14 PM

Grandma! You're alive!

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2015 9:15 PM

This colour using screams to me, "I tried to go silver, but fucked up with the purple toner and now I'm claiming I meant to dye it lilac".

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2015 9:22 PM

If it looks like a mistake, then it isn't purposeful. It looks like a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2015 9:25 PM

Zayn Malik

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2015 9:49 PM

Hate it on men, don't give a shit what women do.

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2020 5:02 PM

R27 why on earth dredge up a 5 yr old thread about hair? What is it you're trying to bury on DL?

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2020 5:05 PM

It's fine on young teens. It's awful on people who are older than 16 or so. It does nothing but make them appear to be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2020 5:14 PM

Except for models, I think purple/lavender hair color is mostly popular with chubby women with cats, who consider themselves queer/Wiccan/polyamorous or who have fibromyalgia/other mysterious ailments that renders one unable to do household tasks/paid work - but still able to blog, dye hair , get tattoos and craft.

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2020 5:15 PM

[quote] R27 why on earth dredge up a 5 yr old thread about hair? What is it you're trying to bury on DL?

From another thread:

[quote] I’ve noticed that he bumps threads more fervently when there’s a bad news cycle for Trump (e.g., the ultraviolet light/detergent farce of the past couple of days). He apparently bumps threads to push down negative threads about Trump. The threads bumped are mostly non-political threads from 2015, before Trump was president and are thus less likely to contain posts critical of Trump. The “bump post” is usually a fairly innocuous post that is at least tangentially responsive to the last response on the thread.

by Anonymousreply 31April 25, 2020 5:20 PM

R27 fuck off and rot in hell, Trumpy

by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2020 5:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!