Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scariest scenes from movies.

Post or describe your favorites... in anticipation of Halloween.

Linking to a classic: one of the greatest scenes in horror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 13, 2020 8:24 PM

In Tea with Mussolini when the black shirts got hold of Judi Dench's dog.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2015 6:15 PM

The T Rex and the kids in the kitchen in Jurassic Park.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2015 6:21 PM

Exorcist III (a very underrated film) served up some classics:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2015 6:24 PM

Zodiac (2007) is the only film that has scared me this millennium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2015 6:31 PM

no,it aint your long lost dead daughter's ghost--DONT LOOK NOW ENDING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2015 6:32 PM

Love that the arrow hides her face ^

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2015 6:33 PM

The Flying Monkees from The Wizard of Oz. That scene had me at the edge of my seat as a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2015 6:40 PM

This thread can't exist without this oldie but goody from "The Exorcist."

WARNING: disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2015 6:42 PM

R7 That video is actually a tranny sending its SJWs out into the world. Truly terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2015 6:47 PM

The scene with the hobo behind the diner in Mulholland Drive. For some reason it truly upset me the first time I saw the movie.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2015 6:51 PM

R10

Yes! I was just about to link a youtube clip of the complete scene where the guy starts off in the diner talking about his nightmare and ends with the scary thing behind the wall.... couldn't find it though.

Lynch taps deep into your psyche. Scenes in Lost Highway also gives me dread.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2015 7:05 PM

That closet scene in Halloween always gets me, and made me never look at wire hangers the same way again!

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2015 7:07 PM

How odd, R12!

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2015 7:12 PM

I love OP for starting off with the best! But that clip cuts off just before the creepiest part. When I saw HALLOWEEN in it's first theatrical release the screams were off the charts at what happened at the beginning of this clip---

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2015 7:18 PM

I know it's weird but it has to be the tiger scene in Red Dragon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2015 7:27 PM

The Robert Blake and Bill Pullman scene from David Lynch's Lost Highway always creeped me out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2015 7:55 PM

This scene from "Insidious" scared the hell out of me when I first saw it at the theater. I don't know why there's a "3" in the title, since this is from the first film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2015 8:30 PM

Kid and clown in Poltergeist (the original)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2015 8:44 PM

Trilogy of Terror - the story with Karen Black and that damn gruesome-toothed doll. Scared the shit out of me as a child when that doll chased her around her home. (Bitch let the gold chain drop off and ...)

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2015 8:50 PM

The woman being hung on a hook in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Jennifer Jason Leigh's death in the Hitcher.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2015 9:03 PM

Run!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2015 9:50 PM

Anything and everything in "Killer Clowns From Outer Space."

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2015 10:00 PM

Another unsettling goody from Zodiac. (This film delivered the chills!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2015 10:15 PM

The laundry room scene from Halloween. Yeah, she doesn't get killed but the part at :33 when you see Michael Myers through the glass outside always freaks me out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2015 10:30 PM

Good choice, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2015 12:04 AM

I'm still in therapy from this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2015 12:07 AM

The killing scene from "Don't Look Now."

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2015 1:05 AM

This scene from "The Omen" certainly scared me as a child.. Disturbing, still, to say the least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2015 1:13 AM

I like this scene from The Awakening where Rebecca Hall finds a dollhouse with characters and events from the movie portrayed inside:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2015 1:25 AM

The bedroom scene from the original Thai version of Shutter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2015 1:48 AM

Ash's sister, Cheryl, possessed in [bold]The Evil Dead[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2015 2:12 AM

There are half a dozen truly creepy scenes in Nosferatu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2015 2:52 AM

Alien - Tom Skerritt is walking around the ship communicating back and forth with Sigourney Weaver by radio. He's reporting on what looks like acid burns, turns a corner and the thing is reaching for him.

Gets me every time.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2015 3:28 AM

Wait until Dark....Audrey Hepburn & Alan Arkin.

If you've seen the movie, you know the scene I mean.

People levitated off their seats.

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2015 3:32 AM

For me, it's when Clarice Starling ventured into Buffalo Bill's lair, blind in the dark while Buffalo Bill was armed with night vision goggles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2015 3:35 AM

Day of the Dead was the first splatter film I saw when I was a teen. Overall I hate the nihilism and the absolute hopelessness of the zombie genre so I can't really say I'm too scared about them the way I am by other horror since you get so numb about everything after a while. In any case in Day of the Dead there's a scene where the female protagonist is lying down on a bed while talking normally to someone. She starts to get up and suddenly her stomach opens and her guts fall out to the floor. Then she wakes up and realizes it was only a dream. It was a shocking scene, very effective.

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2015 3:57 AM

But a close second is the climax of ALIEN, when Ripley thinks she has escaped the monster in the shuttlecraft.

It came after a harrowing sequence of trying to escape her mother ship during its countdown to self destruct; alone and on-the-run from the ALIEN. This movie might be the most prolonged, relentless terror I've ever seen in motion pictures.

From 2:04:00 in the link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2015 4:09 AM

Another contender is the scene in ALIENS where the aliens attack Ripley and the marines from the ceiling.

What makes it such a master work of suspense AND shock is the motion trackers the marines were using that showed aliens in the room with them. But they didn't show where!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2015 4:37 AM

R26, that's truly harrowing.

Won't be able to sleep tonight.

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2015 4:40 AM

I was severely traumatized by the "sloth" scene in SE7EN.

I'll never forget that, or the unrelenting tension and bleak tone of that film!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2015 4:46 AM

Of course film critics and historians will insist we include the most iconic horror scene of all time:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2015 4:49 AM

This isn't scary now but when I was a kid this scene scared me so badly I had nightmares all night of the man with pecked out eyes in front of my bed lying against the wall.

The flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz scared me too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2015 5:36 AM

The scene from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that scares me to this day is not the girl hanging from the hook. It's the way Leatherface suddenly appeared from behind that sliding door, bashed that young man upside the head, and his body convulsons.

by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2015 5:57 AM

The Cell - may be more memorable than really scary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 25, 2015 6:39 AM

Another one that scared the crap out of me when I was a kid -- from 36:00 on, especially where the lady has her arms out and is saying, "The baby...the baby." This TV movie scared my mother too. I think we were easily frightened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 25, 2015 7:00 AM

Thanks to whoever included all of the Zodiac scenes.. It is the only intelligent horror film in the last 20 years

by Anonymousreply 46October 25, 2015 8:00 AM

I know the end of Carrie is what gets to most people, but for me the scariest thing is watching Carrie's rage overtake her and she transforms into that evil THING that she's tried so hard to suppress and all signs of the innocent, insecure and harmless girl are GONE. The look on her face and in her eyes is scary as hell to me. Really creeps me out. Sissy Spacek did a hell of a job in this scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2015 11:34 AM

That Kathy Bates nude scene in "About Schmidt".

by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2015 12:09 PM

I beat you,R27--go take a look NOW! R5

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2015 3:04 PM

R26 IS THE WINNER---I was in therapy for this as well!

by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2015 3:19 PM

Quit trying to make the Lucille Ball gag "happen." You're now a nuisance.

by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2015 4:15 PM

I'm a straight woman R51--seek some therapy yourself

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2015 4:18 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2015 4:52 PM

my pussy was a scary scene when it first came out.

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2015 5:29 PM

Nobody asked you, Cheryl (R54).

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2015 8:22 PM

R33, I think you're referring to this scene in Alien, and it's an excellent choice. Excellent acting on Veronica Cartwright's behalf (as Lambert).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 26, 2015 6:58 AM

Zodiac and the Lake Berryessa scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 26, 2015 6:59 AM

R34 beat me to it. The very first thought that came to mind was Alan Arkin's character, assumed to be dead, leaping out of the dark to clutch poor, frail, and BLIND Audry Hepburn's character by the ankle. Like an animal in a trap, she was! Run Susie, run!!!!!

Then when it was over, that shit-stain husband of hers insisting that she come to him, instead of him to her - y'know, to teach her to be self-sufficient. FUCK YOU SAM! Boo! Hiss!

by Anonymousreply 58October 26, 2015 4:11 PM

Zodiac is a smart, well-acted and fascinating movie that could be true.

But it didn't scare me.

by Anonymousreply 59October 26, 2015 4:31 PM

I'm sorry that scene in r1, while kinda scary, is incredibly lame. First, a closet door that locks from the inside? Why? In case you are in the process of being murdered? And then Michael Meyers struggling to pull those puny doors open? My 2 yo nephew could crash through those doors without trying. And then MM being taken down by wire fucking hanger? Really? Lame-o. How scawy is he? NOT!

by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2015 4:43 PM

OK fair enough, R59, R60 --- what scenes, from which movies, are scary?

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2015 5:18 PM

Zodiac is scary, if for nothing else, the fact that all of the scenes included in this thread, actually happened in real life to real victims. Nothing scarier or more chilling than that!

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2015 5:19 PM

I listed my scariest at r35, r37, r38 and r40.

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2015 5:24 PM

I disagree with R60. I saw Halloween at the theatre upon its original release, and everybody in that theatre would disagree that that scene is lame and not scary. The audience was jumping out of their seat, screaming.

Implausible? Yes. But most of the movie, and most horror films include unlikely scenarios.

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2015 5:31 PM

The Babadook has a number of scary scenes but the TV scene is my favourite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 26, 2015 7:38 PM

The ending of "Ringu" (The Ring is also good but Ringu is the original.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 26, 2015 7:42 PM

The very last scene in Raising Cain.

by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2015 7:45 PM

That's it, r56. The editing and acting build the suspense so well.

by Anonymousreply 68October 26, 2015 7:45 PM

The lightening storm during Open Water. I laugh at 99% of horror movies, but I started shaking watching this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 26, 2015 8:07 PM

r65, you really think babadook had scary scenes in it? omg. it was an extremely lame movie.

by Anonymousreply 70October 26, 2015 8:09 PM

R70 I thought it was fantastic psychological horror - mother and son trapped in that house.

Different strokes for different folks. The Exorcist and The Omen didn't scare me at all.

One more from The Babadook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 26, 2015 10:13 PM

R64 I didn't say it wasn't scary. I really like the movie and acknowledge it's rightful place as a classic of the genre. I haven't seen it in many years and was surprised at how stupid that sequence is, however. Micheal Fucking Meyers was taken down by a wire hanger.

by Anonymousreply 72October 26, 2015 10:28 PM

He didn't get taken down by a wire hanger. He got stabbed in the eye, dropped the knife, and Laurie stabbed him with the butcher knife. Really not more improbable than anything from these terrible 21st century horror flicks (Insidious, Babadouk, Conjuring) which use cheesy ghost apparitions to deliver scares.

by Anonymousreply 73October 26, 2015 11:58 PM

I'm on a phone, but Wait until Dark or See No Evil had a scene with a maniac hunting a blind woman through dolls and plastic sheeting.

by Anonymousreply 74October 27, 2015 12:15 AM

I should've chosen that one too R66. It's VERY creepy.

by Anonymousreply 75October 27, 2015 12:53 AM

The scene in The Blair Witch Project when the girl is apologizing on video to her mother for getting herself killed right before she is slaughtered- truly heartbreaking and terrifying all at the same time. The fact that half the audience believed it was really a documentary only adds to the terror. I just about lost it at the end when the victim was standind in the corner the same way the legend described the fate of all the victims. I know a lot of people hated the movie, but I feel 30 years from now it will be seen as the masterpiece it set out to be.

by Anonymousreply 76October 27, 2015 1:14 AM

r76, I think most of the haters were young folks who couldn't appreciate the artistry of what made not only old school horror great but even some present day horror films, particularly the psychological horror, where as what isn't shown can be more terrifying than what is. That was the power of the Blair Witch Project, along with that documentary style realness. I love that film.

by Anonymousreply 77October 27, 2015 1:18 AM

R73 please don't take my tongue in cheek criticism of the film too seriously. We can disagree. Like I said, I think it's overall a good-to-great film and classic. The music is the best part.

This thread must include this incredibly iconic scene. But there's probably 15 or 20 more from this movie that are just as scary, including the one posted upthread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 27, 2015 1:21 AM

Now this thread is being derailed by a troll who couldn't stand the fact that his precious ZODIAC got criticized.

How does that ignore feature work again?

by Anonymousreply 79October 27, 2015 1:59 AM

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

by Anonymousreply 80October 27, 2015 2:42 AM

Session 9 is chilling.

by Anonymousreply 81October 27, 2015 3:07 AM

Ah, yeah R80. Marked me forever.

Thank you for not posting pics!

by Anonymousreply 82October 27, 2015 3:13 AM

Scene from John Carpenter's The Thing (1982) where they test everyone's blood to find the shapeshifting alien.

The scene goes from painful suspense to WTF, especially when that head creature spider thing skitters around...

by Anonymousreply 83October 27, 2015 3:19 AM

Oops, the skittery head thing was in another scene. Obviously traumatized in general ...

by Anonymousreply 84October 27, 2015 4:01 AM

I don't think anyone posted this yet but to me one of the best scary scenes using sound alone. George C Scott is awesome in this film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 27, 2015 4:17 AM

The scene in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me when Laura Palmer finds Bob in her bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 86October 27, 2015 4:38 AM

The graphic depictions of mindless violence in A CLOCKWORK ORANGE scare me. I have to look away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 27, 2015 4:55 AM

We had to peel my sister off the ceiling after the Large Marge scene!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 27, 2015 4:56 AM

R76 and R77, my sentiments exactly. I think Blair Witch Project is one of the scariest movies ever made and it STILL makes me nervous to this day whenever I watch it.

R85, The Changeling is excellent and underrated.

by Anonymousreply 89October 27, 2015 7:50 AM

R79's taste in horror stinks almost as bad as her pink, swampy vagina.

by Anonymousreply 90October 27, 2015 4:51 PM

The scene from Se7en where John Doe turns himself in. Knowing whose blood he's drenched in makes this scene extremely creepy in retrospect

by Anonymousreply 91October 27, 2015 5:33 PM

Here's the actual audience reaction to Halloween from 1979.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 27, 2015 5:39 PM

The phone call scene in the original Black Christmas. I have never heard anything so disturbing in my life. The way all the women are standing there looking at the phone still freaks me out to this day. Things based on real life horrors are always the most frightening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 27, 2015 6:23 PM

Mario Bava's Three Faces of Fear. The sketch called Drop of Water. When the nurse comes back in her room.

by Anonymousreply 94October 27, 2015 9:42 PM

Oh hell yeah, R94!

by Anonymousreply 95October 27, 2015 10:03 PM

The final scene of Full Circle (The Haunting of Julia). I also like the scene at 1:20. I think the elderly actress is Cathleen Nesbitt. She's acting up a storm. Evil never dies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 28, 2015 12:47 AM

"Don't Go to Sleep" is a 1982 made for TV movie staring Valerie Harper...but there are some surprisingly good scares in it. I find the ending terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 97October 28, 2015 2:13 AM

Though the twist is pretty common knowledge at this point, I still wring some enjoyment from the climactic scene of the original "When a Stranger Calls". Carol Kane's wide-eyed oddity helps her really sell it unlike Camilla Belle's non-acting in the remake, and you sympathize with her despite her being possibly the worst babysitter ever. In this scene, Carol has just called the police after getting a series of increasingly weird and stalkery phone calls throughout the night, and they tell her they will attempt to trace the call if she can keep the caller on the line long enough. The scene crescendoes pretty naturally, with her trying to play ball with the stalker, until the moment the curtain's pulled back and she realizes she's in a little more trouble than she realized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 28, 2015 10:57 PM

From one of my favorite horror films of the 2000s, "The Descent": one year after a tragic car accident kills the rest of a woman's family, her friends take her on a cave exploration spelunking trip. After an unexpected cave-in, the women find themselves in an unmapped system. The first half of the movie is about the psychological state of the women and the group dynamic as they begin to splinter and fight, before this scene in which the situation goes over the top and they find out they're not alone.

The scene starts at 1:06

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 28, 2015 11:13 PM

And from the same movie as [R99], a good psychological transformation scene where one of the women accepts it's time to fight back. Nothing like meeting a group of blind, cave-dwelling sub-humans to teach you to accept your inner Rambo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 28, 2015 11:20 PM

R83 - "The Thing" is my favorite horror movie of them all, and here's a nice little ditty sung in the style of Sinatra inspired by a lot of the scariest scenes in the film. Some levity in between all the chills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 28, 2015 11:33 PM

Classic. I also liked the 2011 THING prequel, r101.

by Anonymousreply 102October 29, 2015 5:26 AM

I was so terrified by the THING video game that I couldn't finish the campaign. Ditto the 2010 ALIENS VS. PREDATOR game.

by Anonymousreply 103October 29, 2015 7:18 PM

OT but the cop at the end of r98 is HOT

by Anonymousreply 104October 30, 2015 1:48 PM

I like seeing a scary movie alone with maybe a few people in the theater but they're rows behind me, out of sight. I saw Scream that way and had no prior knowledge of plot or anything to spoil it. The opening with Drew was fantastic, her wig a bit of a distraction though. I was prepubes when Halloween came out, at that age I could still just let a movie put me under. I remember me and my older sister in that little downtown theater just pretty much shitting our pants over and over. Hate that I didn't get to see The Exorcist that way.

by Anonymousreply 105October 30, 2015 6:31 PM

[quote]I think most of the haters were young folks who couldn't appreciate the artistry of what made not only old school horror great but even some present day horror films, particularly the psychological horror, where as what isn't shown can be more terrifying than what is. That was the power of the Blair Witch Project, along with that documentary style realness. I love that film.

I honestly think one big reason for the hate was that a lot of people decided they were going to make fun of the movie as a defense mechanism, in order to keep themselves from being terrified by it. I've always felt that, if you can suspend disbelief of the idea that those kids would keep the cameras running even when really bad things were happening, like when they were running through the woods at night in horror, it's one of the scariest movies ever.

by Anonymousreply 106October 30, 2015 8:44 PM

Well, the problem with the whole "found footage" genre is that it's cheap and easy to do. One man's "Not showing what's terrifying" is another man's "cheap ripoff."

I liked BLAIR WITCH but I hate the PARANORMAL ACTIVITY franchise because it's just recycling BLAIR WITCH ad nauseam without having to deliver great production values.

by Anonymousreply 107October 30, 2015 9:57 PM

For R107. The first couple of Paranormal Activity were okay, but the series really started to go downhill soon after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 31, 2015 7:39 PM

Yeah, you can only repeat the same film every year before it gets old. I'm always bored by PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES because nobody dies until the last shot of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 109October 31, 2015 8:54 PM

When Alan Arkin leaps across the screen and grabs Audrey's ankle- See Wait Until Fark some time without interruption. And the shower scene in Psycho- genius

by Anonymousreply 110October 31, 2015 9:35 PM

r110, wait until fark? wtf! i saw wait until dark once. it was ok for an old thriller.

by Anonymousreply 111October 31, 2015 9:40 PM

Ah, Anthony Perkins straing at us at the end of Psycho kept me from sleeping when I saw it as a kid.

The muders, I could deal with, although it was stressful. The shower scene is very effective and well done, but not über scary. But then, when the prisoner reportedly asks for a blanket because he is cold, they give it to him and the cackling voice of the old mother answers "thank you", then I started to feel uncomfortable and the scene that follows, well, I reeaaally dislike it.

by Anonymousreply 112October 31, 2015 10:10 PM

YES, r112! Psycho might be the only movie made before the 1970s that scared me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 1, 2015 1:33 AM

The Norma Bates reveal + Norman's takedown scene also freaked me out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 1, 2015 1:36 AM

How scary is Let's Scare Jessica To Death movie? Doesn't it have water scenes? Those are scary.

by Anonymousreply 115November 1, 2015 2:38 AM

Jeff Bridges revealing to Keifer Sutherland what happened to his wife in The Vanishing.

Saw the movie once, never again. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 116November 1, 2015 3:04 AM

R115, "Jessica" is a slow build but I found it scary and the lead actress is great.

by Anonymousreply 117November 1, 2015 3:27 AM

Regan and the crucifix and the cunting daughter scene--which I have never seen in its entirety. When it started I made it about 30 seconds through, then went running up the aisle to spend the rest of the film in the lobby, with two older women. I was 15, needless to say I took endless loads of shit about this for a least a couple years after.

And the worst part is the showing was at one of those 70mm theaters with a sound system so good I could hear everything that happened in the film after I left from the lobby

by Anonymousreply 118November 1, 2015 3:42 AM

The first murder in [italic]Suspiria:[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 1, 2015 4:03 AM

Wait Until Dark is best viewed (if watching on TV) in the dark. Particularly the last half.

by Anonymousreply 120November 1, 2015 4:48 AM

The scene by the lake in "The Innocents," with Miss Jessel in the rushes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 1, 2015 4:53 AM

The all torture scenes in the film Audition:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 1, 2015 5:13 AM

[quote]Jeff Bridges revealing to Keifer Sutherland what happened to his wife in The Vanishing. Saw the movie once, never again. I hate it.

Do yourself a favor and skip the Dutch original. It's much, much worse.

by Anonymousreply 123November 1, 2015 5:41 AM

Mickey Roarke in the elevator as it's descending to hell during the closing credits of Angel Heart.

by Anonymousreply 124November 1, 2015 5:39 AM

The Hollywood Reporter's picks for the scariest horror films of all time. Lots of my favorites included, but not Blair Witch, which SHOULD'VE been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 1, 2015 9:17 AM

From that list, r125, I need to see THE BROOD, THE VANISHING and the original OMEN and RINGU.

by Anonymousreply 126November 1, 2015 7:13 PM

The mother feeding her daughter poison in The Sixth Sense.

The Delbert Grady scene in The Shining.

The plane crash scene in Fearless.

by Anonymousreply 127November 1, 2015 7:35 PM

[quote]From that list, [R125], I need to see THE BROOD, THE VANISHING and the original OMEN and RINGU.

I don't know anything about The Brood, but Ringu, The Omen and The Vanishing are classics, IMO. Ringu scares me so much.

by Anonymousreply 128November 1, 2015 11:59 PM

[quote]The Delbert Grady scene in The Shining.

Grady scares me more than Jack, he is true evil.

by Anonymousreply 129November 1, 2015 11:59 PM

Clarice going through Buffalo Bill's house in The Silence of the Lambs terrified me the first time I saw it.

by Anonymousreply 130December 13, 2020 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!