Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Horror Movies With Gay Subtext

The Haunting

ANY Vincent Price movie

by Anonymousreply 36February 20, 2021 11:23 PM

Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2015 4:00 PM

Psycho.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2015 4:18 PM

*snigger* The Covenant (was that a horror film? I just kept watching waiting for the "angry wanking" sex scene that never materialised) and *definitely* Jeepers Creepers 2.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2015 4:19 PM

The Shining.

If they can make a hilarious feature-length documentary on how it's really about the faked moon landings, we should be able to find a gay subtext in there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2015 4:40 PM

Terror Train

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2015 4:40 PM

Checking in from the great studio in the sky, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2015 4:42 PM

Jeepers Creepers 2 owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2015 5:09 PM

The Old Dark House

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2015 6:25 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2015 11:47 PM

Sleepaway Camp owns this thread. Haute Tension has a lesbian twist.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2015 11:50 PM

The original "Fright Night"

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2015 11:51 PM

Seconds. Rock Hudson's best performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2015 12:01 AM

All of them.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2015 12:02 AM

Seconds is awesome

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2015 12:12 AM

Witchboard

Christine

Interview with the Vampire

Scream

Dance of the Vampires

The Seventh Victim

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2015 12:13 AM

In Interview With the Vampire there's a scene where Antonio Banderas and Brad Pitt look like they're about to make out

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2015 12:18 AM

[quote]*snigger* The Covenant (was that a horror film?

Supernatural thriller more so, I would think. I recorded this the other day for DL Fave Sebastian Stan. I've never seen it before, but I remember when it came out. My friend was [italic]obsessed[/italic] with it and it's hilarious to me that he went from a mess like this to Marvel fame. I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2015 12:31 AM

God, Sebastian Stan is *perfection*. Rawr.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2015 11:16 AM

Rosemary´s Gayby

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2015 1:23 PM

Any David DeCoteau film

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2015 3:50 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2015 12:05 AM

Christine? How so?

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2015 3:14 PM

Christine, yes. How crazy somebody else noticed the gay subtext of this film.

I just watched this and I could have sworn the two male lead characters, Arnie and Dennis were in love. I actually just googled "Christine movie and gay subtext" and "Christine movie and gay relationship" to see if any film buff out there analyzed the gay subtext of this film.

The way Arnie and Dennis spoke to each other, "you're not ugly", "queer maybe", "now that we're seniors, I think it's time", The love song Dennis listened to as he was driving away jealous and concerned about Arnie's new car: "where did our love go wrong" was a lyric -- or close to it.

The longing stares between each other, how soft they spoke to each other, how protective Dennis was of Arnie. The jealousy Dennis had for any girl that came betwen he and Arnie. Just watch this film and you'll see.

Christine holds up too. It's a great horror film. John Carpenter is amazing. His films truly stand the test of time.

by Anonymousreply 23December 31, 2015 2:58 AM

Talking of Christine, John Stockwell was so fuckable when he was younger. The amount of fantasies I had of Keith Gordon bending him over the hood of that Plymouth Fury.,,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 31, 2015 3:27 AM

Yes, John Stockwell was hot indeed.

by Anonymousreply 25December 31, 2015 3:31 AM

The Facts of Life Down Under owns this thread

by Anonymousreply 26December 31, 2015 4:17 AM

"Love means never having to say you're ugly" was a take-off on the recently-released Ryan O'Neil/Ally MacGraw LOVE STORY tag-line: "Love means never having to say you're sorry." When Vinnie isn't chewing the scenery, he's mincing through it with Phibesian aplomb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 31, 2015 6:33 AM

Definitely the origimal fright night. They totally de-gayed the remake.

by Anonymousreply 28December 31, 2015 7:06 AM

The original The Hitcher, starring the highly lickable C. Thomas Howell. Roger Ebert said it was a movie about gay S&M.

Interview with the Vampire was about gay vampires so that's not subtext.

by Anonymousreply 29December 31, 2015 10:08 AM

The Lost Boys, Ravenous (and the original 70's Dawn of The Dead which clearly had something going on between Peter and Roger)

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2016 12:15 AM

Great

by Anonymousreply 31February 20, 2021 10:42 PM

Interview with the Vampire, gay in every way except SEX

by Anonymousreply 32February 20, 2021 10:53 PM

R16 here it is.

Banderas’ Armand in IWTV steals the film. Strictly-speaking and according to the text, he’s totally miscast (he’s meant to be a cherubic redhead twink of Slav origin), but Antonio brings so much intensity and charisma that it doesn’t even matter and he ends up making the role better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 20, 2021 11:15 PM

fuck off r31

by Anonymousreply 34February 20, 2021 11:16 PM

Armand has my favorite line in the IWTV. As line-reads go, it is exquisitely delivered.

[quote] I know nothing of God. (beat) Or the Devil. I have never seen a vision, nor learned a secret, that would damn or save my soul. And as far as I know, after four hundred years, I am the oldest, living vampire in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 20, 2021 11:17 PM

R16 THE LOST BOYS, every day and twice on Sundays. It is a gay fever dream.

I mean, sexy sweaty leather biker men stalking and biting each other in the night? Sexy Saxman as seen in Tina Turner lives? ‘People Are Strange’? Carnivále? The female desire object dressed like Stevie Nicks? Dianne Wiest is our mother? Corey Haim wearing dayglo and a duster?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 20, 2021 11:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!