Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pot heads are not mellow!!! Is that a myth?

My roommate's boyfriend is a stoner. Sometimes he's mellow but sometimes's he's just vicious and angry..

I need my own apartment!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2020 2:41 AM

It is a complete myth.

They are paranoid, irritable, and vicious.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2015 1:36 AM

pot effects many people in various ways, yes, I've met some VERY aggressive potheads.

I myself become depressed and withdraw, I hate the drug.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2015 1:36 AM

People who don't use pot are assholes. Do you know who DIDN'T consume cannabis? Hitler!

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2015 1:44 AM

Narc thread. F&F the shit out of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2015 1:45 AM

OP is a liar:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2015 1:46 AM

Narc? Do people still say that? I once saw a Pam Grier movie where they said that but I thought that was last century.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2015 1:49 AM

Well, it's making a comeback. All of the most vicious, hateful, violent people I have ever come into contact with were non-potheads.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2015 1:58 AM

[quote]People who don't use pot are assholes.

honey bunny, stop being so agro. I smoked hash until i was 27 and realized that I was paranoid and having flashbacks all the time and hated my life. I have never regretted stopping smoking cannabis, and I'm NO hitler. get a gripe on yourself.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2015 1:59 AM

there is more than one thinks about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2015 2:00 AM

I'm high as I type!

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2015 2:02 AM

"get a gripe on yourself."

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2015 2:03 AM

Keep grasping at straws, narcs. Once pot is legal in every state on Earth, those who perpetrated the so-called "War on Drugs," which is actually just a stealth war on minorities, will pay a huge price legally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2015 2:03 AM

The last couple of times I smoked pot I had severe panic attacks. I had to stop smoking. It's not good for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2015 2:10 AM

R12, no one said it was evil, just that, like all drugs, it affects many people in nay different ways.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2015 2:11 AM

Only when we're out of weed. But then just run down to the dispensary and problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2015 2:19 AM

OP some heavy users get aggro when they aren't high. I don't know if they are naturally aggressive and the pot mellows them or if the aggression is a form of withdrawal.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2015 2:52 AM

R16: It's worse among tobacco smokers, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2015 2:58 AM

It ain't just weed if he's getting violent. He's mixing. Now, if he isn't and is just straight weed..then it's the people around him driving him to this.

Take a look at the boyfriend and yourself. Probably what is known as "crazy makers".

Lots of Aspieish sociopaths put down people who smoke weed and only because, they know if they use or abuse substances, their supposed mask of sanity will slip.

Never trust anyone against weed usage. They often mistake their bipolar/personality disordered parents' problems for drug usage. Most likely they're afraid of their mask slipping and fear loss of control over themselves and those around them.

Chronic potheads are another story. They're hiding from something deep down inside of themselves.

Where the hell is that asteroid?

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2015 4:06 AM

R13, that was dirt weed. Cheap. You got the heeb jeebies. Try upping it up, oh classy one, to a sexy chronic.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2015 4:10 AM

[quote]It ain't just weed if he's getting violent. He's mixing.

This is the truth.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2015 4:12 AM

A lot depends on the strain a person consumes. Some varieties are known to produce aggression. It is believed the Zulu warriors used a variety known to make people aggressive prior that famous battle where they slaughtered British troops. They were described as fearless and relentless even when they were wounded and were continuously attacking throughout the battle.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2015 4:37 AM

I'm about to smoke a fat blunt. Luckily its legal where I am. I'll report back.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2015 4:39 AM

Pot heads are cool a mellow when high but the minute they run out of weed all hell breaks loose

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2015 4:43 AM

[quote] Lots of Aspieish sociopaths put down people who smoke weed and only because, they know if they use or abuse substances, their supposed mask of sanity will slip.

I am an Aspie, and while I can't speak for anyone else, for me, personally, pot has succeeded where prescription drugs have failed.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2015 4:53 AM

Cleopatra was bit by an aspie BTW.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2015 4:57 AM

[quote] Cleopatra was bit by an aspie BTW.

Where else is there to go after you've had Richard Burton and Rex Harrison?

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2015 5:07 AM

I've never been mellow.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2015 11:43 PM

This thread proves how stupid potheads are

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2015 11:47 PM

It worked for Patrick's mom.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2015 11:53 PM

"Smoking powerful skunk cannabis triples the risk of suffering a serious psychotic episode, scientists have found.

In the population studied by the researchers in south London, where cannabis use is widespread, the drug is linked to one quarter of all new cases of psychosis, the team found.

The findings add to a compelling body of evidence that smoking strong cannabis “tilts the odds” towards a person developing psychosis, which leads to schizophrenia in about half of cases."

I know that my neurologist strongly advises against weed if you have MS (as I do). He said it severely impairs neurological function in MS patients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2015 11:55 PM

I dated the high school pothead. I met him the other day and he lives in his grandmother's basement. We are both 28 years old and 10 years out of highschool.The guy does shit loads of other drugs too now. We went out on a date and he smoked some meth and fucked my ass like a jackhammer for hours. Good Times!!! :) He was a major pothead in highschool and was lazy and had major apathy, no ambition etc. Pot was just the start, he admitted that he has done every drug that exists. He is now a meth addict and he smokes crack occasionally.

So I would say, based on my experience in highschool when I hung out with pot smokers, oh god yes are pot smokers mellow. It's like their give a fuck-o-meters are broken when they are habitual smokers of pot. Many of them had that stereotypical Beavis and Butthead pot laugh..... Uh huh huh huh huh.

Also I have never known a pot smoker who's only drug was pot. The same intoxicating seeking behavior that leads them to smoke pot makes them do other drugs too. A lot of them are into psychedelics mushrooms/LSD/xctasy etc. Most pot smokers that I have known will try any drug available. The highschool potheads that I grew up with mostly had poor outcomes in their lives. I would not recommend getting too far into the druggie lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2015 12:05 AM

I guarantee the potheads that aren't apathetic and mellow are on some other shit. Never have I known a pothead who's only drug was pot. Never ever.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2015 12:09 AM

I think they need the other drugs to lift them out of their pot-induced comas.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2015 12:12 AM

The person I was talking about also drinks a ton. I once was at his apt. and his trash was just full of beer cans and packages. I innocently asked if he had a party. He said no and didn't seem to get my drift. There was just tons of cans.

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2015 12:24 AM

High school pot use doesn't cause poor outcomes, as r31 implies. My pothead friends went to Harvard, Penn, etc. They also work in finance, law, and academia, where they continue to smoke occasionally.

Our dealers are another story, but don't let me convince you the pot dealing leads to unproductive lives. JEB is running for president after all.

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2015 12:28 AM

[quote]They also work in finance, law, and academia

oh my, can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2015 12:33 AM

(R35) My highschool wasn't rich kids. Suburban middle class school..... Rich kids can be druggies and Mommy and Daddy will rescue them. Their family connections will get them into jobs and schools they aren't qualified for or deserve.

Average middle class kids better have their shit together in high school. Colleges are very competitive. Being an apathetic lazy pot head without family $$$ or connections in highschool in most cases equals poor outcomes.

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2015 1:29 AM

Pot heads are moody, depressive, anxiety-ridden and self-absorbed in my recollection of living with them.

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2015 1:39 AM

Some are and some aren't. Some react one way and some another.

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2015 3:55 AM

Potheads today are a different animal. People don't want to acknowledge it, but the strains of weed are way more potent.

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2015 6:09 AM

At a certain age, it's just time to grow up. I do judge anybody over the age of 30 who smokes pot.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2020 2:29 AM

One of my friends is a fifty four year old pothead. She also smokes cigarettes. She has a host of health problems and spends most of her time spinning her wheels and talking a big talk but not actually doing anything. I always clean her house for her because it’s so filthy. I am an occasional smoker, but being a lifetime, true pothead causes some problems just like any other substance in excess.

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2020 2:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!