Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just saw a picture of my ex who broke my heart, the love my life, th one who got away

He looks like a jar of pickled assholes. I am officially out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 37July 8, 2020 6:44 PM

what a rotten thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2015 10:06 PM

R1=the ex

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2015 10:07 PM

R1 is carrying a Hello Kitty backpack.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2015 10:08 PM

And what do you look like, OP?

Like an overstuffed hairball covered with cat puke perhaps?

Sorry -- you'll have to supply pix of you and said jar pickled assholes.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2015 10:12 PM

Then he wasn't really the love of your life, was he? If he were the love of your lie, you wouldn't care.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2015 10:12 PM

He got what he deserved OP. He was cheating on you girl!

Go Shudderfrauden!!

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2015 10:16 PM

Behind a cheap velvet curtain in his attic, OP's portrait:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2015 10:16 PM

I have utterly no idea what a jar of pickled assholes would look like.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2015 10:17 PM

Are those dill assholes or bread and butter assholes? It makes a difference.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2015 10:36 PM

It's surprising what time will do to a person.

The man I had my longest relationship with and who I thought was the love of my life was a priest with a dark brown, neatly trimmed beard, dark brown hair, and bedroom brown eyes, around 30 years old. A friend who met him back then said he "exuded sex." After two years he ditched me for a blond twink former altar boy.

Twenty years later I ran into a good friend of his at a gay bar, also a priest, who said, "There's somebody here I'd like you to see." He led me to my former boyfriend. If we had walked past each other on the street I would never have recognized him. The beard was gone, his hair was graying, he wore glasses, and he exuded all the sexiness of a late middle-aged realtor or insurance salesman.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2015 10:39 PM

OP, there's a thread calling for melodramatic responses here on DL right now and your thread title would be perfect on it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2015 12:05 AM

wait, would the assholes swell when pickled, or just get really soft and puffy? you could try dropping in fireballs, like southerners do with watermelon rinds.

nbfr, I did indulge in similar schadenfreude when my (lesbian) roommate told me she ran into my ex at a local bar and described him as a "blond butterball." simple pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2015 12:21 AM

R10, how have you aged? Are you 45 but look 25?

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2015 12:22 AM

R12, my grandma used to make cat's asshole pickles when I was a kid. I have always regretted that I never got the recipe. She always served them chilled in a beautiful cut-glass dish and, if we were good, she'd serve them on Tuck's pads just like the fancy hotels did back then.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2015 12:39 AM

It is a tragedy it ended this way. OP certainly sounds like someone who would love this guy only for who he is, even if he aged into a jar of pickled assholes.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2015 12:51 AM

I just read the Tom Selleck thread - someone likened him to a jar of pickled assholes. Was Tom Selleck the love of your life?

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2015 1:45 AM

No, I posted that because Tom is just so repulsively ugly now.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2015 1:52 AM

r13, I helped celebrate a friend's birthday at the same bar and we were all kidding him about his age. He said to me, "well, wait until YOU turn 37!"

I was 47 at the time.

Now that I'm 60, time has definitely caught up with me, but I do look pretty good for my age. It's just genetics. My dad is pushing 90 but he could easily pass for someone 15 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2015 3:09 AM

Until he shows his saggy ass.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2015 3:20 AM

For the OP...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2015 3:25 AM

Hold the pickles, hold the anus, love can sometimes be extraneous...

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2015 3:29 AM

Feels good, doesn't it, OP? Congratulations on getting or staying hot.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2015 3:32 AM

I guess the stars have lost their glitter for poor OP

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2015 4:04 AM

Duke's mayonnaise and pickled assholes go great together on a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2015 4:24 AM

Your post made me laugh, OP. Ignore the haters. Enjoy your triumph.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2015 6:04 AM

Made my morning!

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2015 8:22 AM

Were the assholes in sweet pickle or brine? OP is being deliberately vague.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2015 9:00 AM

OP here, ready to dispel some doubts. Brace yourselves for my MARIEST self.

My ex was the vainest, most narcissistic creature I have ever encountered. Profoundly in love with himself and his own sense of superiority, he made sure I knew he was settling for me and that I was holding on to him by the skin of my teeth. And I believed him, hindsight I don't know why since I was the one with the modelling contract and the one who got hit on when we were out together... So yeah, seeing him looking like a jar of pickled assholes is awesome, especially as he is tagged on Facebook together with like twenty other common friends, thereby ensuring everyone will see the picture and he can't untag himself and risk looking vain.

And it's dill pickled assholes.

BWAHAHAHAH.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2015 1:50 PM

Pickled bump

by Anonymousreply 29October 30, 2015 2:31 PM

Isn't the phrase "He is officially out of my league."? Because you are "out of his league" implies that his league is higher... as that phrase is generally understood

by Anonymousreply 30October 30, 2015 2:49 PM

He may look like a jar of pickled assholes but he still knows how to push your buttons and get a response from you, eh OP?

Without even trying!

by Anonymousreply 31October 30, 2015 10:52 PM

Congrats OP! That is awesome for you. I haven’t seen my ex in years, but I know he was dabbling in drugs last I heard. I hope he looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 32July 8, 2020 5:46 PM

[quote]He looks like a jar of pickled assholes. I am officially out of his league.

Don't feel bad, OP. You probably have a great personality to make up for your looks.

by Anonymousreply 33July 8, 2020 5:48 PM

I’ve had some awful breakups, so I avoid looking up exes. One in particular. I never want to see his face again.

by Anonymousreply 34July 8, 2020 5:59 PM

R34 what did he do?

by Anonymousreply 35July 8, 2020 6:03 PM

R34, Everything.

by Anonymousreply 36July 8, 2020 6:42 PM

Rather, R35.

by Anonymousreply 37July 8, 2020 6:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!