Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

South Park "Safe Space"

"Lena Dunham just put a picture of her asshole on Twitter and only wants the positive comments."

by Anonymousreply 60August 29, 2020 4:19 AM

Would you like to give a dollar to help hungry children?

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2015 5:03 AM

Don't give Lena any ideas.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2015 5:14 AM

These guys should write a Broadway musical.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2015 5:20 AM

OP = 1 of the 3 remaining people who still watch this crap conservative show.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2015 5:33 AM

Fine, R4, go watch [italic]Family Guy[/italic] and its partisan advocacy that thinks it's satire.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2015 8:22 AM

[quote]These guys should write a Broadway musical.

Uh... yeah....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2015 8:36 AM

r5, thinks it's still 2005. How cute.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2015 4:36 PM

"In My Safe Space"

all ready for Broadway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2015 3:34 PM

Reality Crashes the Party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 2, 2015 3:39 PM

South Park has gone full-on strange this season. It's hysterical and uncomfortable and the best they've done since the late 90s.

I had dinner with a friend and after we finished eating he told me that he had informed the waiter that I was a Yelp! reviewer.

"Boogers and Cum" immediately burst out of my mouth. I think it's the first time anyone has referenced SP in real life to me in 15 years, let alone made it funny.

by Anonymousreply 10November 2, 2015 3:46 PM

Last night was brutal.

Maybe this will be the season that wins them the Emmy. Or Peabody.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2015 3:22 AM

R6's friends call him "the slow one."

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2015 3:25 AM

R4 Bullshit. I'm a liberal gay and I LOVE LOVE LOVE South Park. This is it's best season ever. They aren't conservative, either.

Trey and Matt forever. Lone voices of sanity.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2015 3:33 AM

Trey and Matt have ALWAYS been gay friendly too.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2015 3:38 AM

R13

They are libertarians. Hard core.

They hate government and want people to be responsible for themselves and their actions, so they are obviously racist.

They must be shamed for their evil apostasy against the government.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2015 3:38 AM

R13-

Read this-

who condemn South Park today for being offensive need to be reminded that comedy is by its very nature offensive. It derives its energy from its transgressive power, its ability to break taboos, to speak the unspeakable. Comedians are always pushing the envelope, probing to see how much they can get away with in violating the speech codes of their day. Comedy is a social safety valve. We laugh precisely because comedians momentarily liberate us from the restrictions that conventional society imposes on us. We applaud comedians because they say right out in front of an audience what, supposedly, nobody is allowed to say in public. Paradoxically, then, the more permissive American society has become, the harder it has become to write comedy. As censorship laws have been relaxed and people have been allowed to say and show almost anything in movies and television – above all, to deal with formerly taboo sexual material – comedy writers, such as the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, must have begun to wonder if there is any way left to offend audiences.

The genius of Parker and Stone was to see that in our day a new frontier of comic transgression has opened up because of the phenomenon known as political correctness. Our age may have tried to dispense with the conventional pieties of earlier generations, but it has developed new pieties of its own. They may not look like the traditional pieties, but they are enforced in the same old way, with social pressure and sometimes even legal sanctions punishing people who dare to violate the new taboos. Many of our colleges and universities today have speech codes, which seek to define what can and cannot be said on campus and in particular to prohibit anything that might be interpreted as demeaning someone because of his or her race, religion, gender, disability, and a whole series of other protected categories. Sex may no longer be taboo in our society, but sexism now is. Seinfeld (1989–1998) was perhaps the first mainstream television comedy that systematically violated the new taboos of political correctness. The show repeatedly made fun of contemporary sensitivities about such issues as sexual orientation, ethnic identity, feminism, and disabled people. Seinfeld proved that being politically incorrect can be hilariously funny in today's moral and intellectual climate, and South Park followed its lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2015 3:52 AM

Is Lena going to bitch about Trey and Matt like she did about men at the Hollywood Reporter comedy actress round table?

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2015 3:54 AM

[R15], not really. They are more pragmatists. They don't fall in line with any one ideology.

As a gay man, I think they are wonderful, and we're lucky to have them.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2015 4:39 AM

R18

They are libertarians. See the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2015 4:52 AM

Tonight's episode was particularly stupid and bad.

This season has been really hit and miss. Mostly miss.

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2015 5:16 AM

R19 no they aren't. Whoever wrote that article is talking out their ass.

Trey and Matt are my political heroes. And I say this as a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2015 5:17 AM

R20 this season has a been an absolutely brilliant take down of PC culture. They're take on Caitlyn Jenner was the best I've seen.

I hope South Park never gets cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2015 5:20 AM

R21, you need better heroes.

And R22, no, really. It's had some brilliant moments, but also a ton of misses and stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2015 5:28 AM

R23 no, really. It's been their best season ever. Every episode has been stellar.

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2015 5:31 AM

I see that our Federalist and Breitbart trolls have found a new thread to talk to themselves in.

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2015 5:44 AM

No, only about half the episodes have been any good.

Tonight's episode was not among one of the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2015 5:53 AM

R25 I don't know what Federalist is and I hate Breitbart.

I'm a liberal gay man, and I think South Park is brilliant. Sorry I don't fall in lock step with your idea of what gays are supposed to like. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2015 5:54 AM

Uh-huh.

by Anonymousreply 28November 13, 2015 5:57 AM

[quote] Don't give Lena any ideas.

Give her ideas? The bitch stole mine already!

by Anonymousreply 29November 13, 2015 9:51 AM

R21

They identified themselves as libertarians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2015 1:58 AM

[quote]I'm a liberal gay man, and I think South Park is brilliant. Sorry I don't fall in lock step with your idea of what gays are supposed to like. LOL.

I'll check it out, r27.

I felt the same way about "In Living Color" and "Men On..." when GLAAD was screeching that it was stereotypical and not funny. No, it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 31November 17, 2015 2:24 AM

" I CAN SHOVE A MIDGET UP MY ASSHOLE! "

by Anonymousreply 32November 17, 2015 2:29 AM

R32

You owe me a new keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 33November 17, 2015 2:33 AM

You're welcome r33. ;)

by Anonymousreply 34November 17, 2015 2:35 AM

This is by far the best satire of the 21st century. Anyone who doesn't find this season hilarious is probably one of the uptight shrews they're making fun of.

Of course, if you like it then you're No True Liberal, you're a freeper, a whatever.

Clean the sand out of your pussy already!

by Anonymousreply 35November 17, 2015 2:40 AM

R35

I hope they win a SIXTH much deserved Emmy this year, and a Peabody wouldn't be out of line.

This season is the best they've ever done. I quit watching a decade ago, but this season has garnered so many plaudits that I decided to watch again.

by Anonymousreply 36November 17, 2015 2:45 AM

South Park has had better seasons but this one is good.

by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2015 3:50 AM

R25 is a pinch faced scold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2015 4:09 AM

Elder Gay Libertarian here (72), and I’ve never missed an episode of South Park, even the crappy ones. This is by far the best season in at least 10 years, and may actually be the best season ever. The Caitlyn Jenner episode was a masterpiece. The addition of the new PC principal is pure genius.

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2015 4:30 AM

You GO, R39. I totally agree.

Long live Trey and Matt!!

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2015 4:37 AM

God, you're so wrong. This season has had some amazing moments (the "SoDaSoPa" episode with that fake yuppy commercial was freaking hilarious), but it's also pretty labored and ham-fisted and even misses some of its marks.

This is somewhere in the middle, not the top, and not the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 41November 17, 2015 5:51 AM

Bill Hader is a full-time writer with Matt & Trey.

This year has been stellar!

I've watched since the first episode and there are only a handful I don't like Human iCentipad being one of them. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 42November 17, 2015 6:07 AM

I agree. This year's been amazing.

IF not the best season ever, certainly the best season in the last 10 years. I hope they keep going and going.

by Anonymousreply 43November 17, 2015 6:10 AM

To me South Park makes not fun of people or situations but how bigots, bullies, or SJWs see these people and situations. It's most obvious in the creators' other work Team America.

by Anonymousreply 44November 17, 2015 6:48 AM

The Human iCentipad is one of the funniest episodes ever.

And Team American was some right-wing bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 45November 17, 2015 1:41 PM

Agree, stellar season. Loving the SJW/PC mockfest.

by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2015 1:52 PM

Buckle up buckaroos!

by Anonymousreply 47November 17, 2015 1:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 17, 2015 2:04 PM

Amazing how they went from some of the worst seasons the show ever, directly to one of the best. True satire at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 49November 17, 2015 4:35 PM

Agree with r41, the gentrification one was top notch but this season hasn't always been that great or on the mar.

Still, it is impressive they are still going strong at this point

by Anonymousreply 50November 17, 2015 5:26 PM

I watched this last night. Pretty funny, and I haven't watched South Park in years.

The Lena/asshole comment made me bust out laughing.

Loved the whole subplot about cashiers asking "Do you want to donate a dollar for hungry children?"

by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2015 2:23 AM

I really don't see how they can do better in future seasons. But they're signed though 2020 or some crazy thing. It would be best if they did a season every 5 years or so to comment on the insanity/inanity of the culture.

by Anonymousreply 52November 18, 2015 2:30 AM

I hope they do an episode on 'cis' and 'deadname.'

"Fuck you, Kyle, you're CIS!"

"Don't call me Eric -- that's my DEADNAME!"

by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2015 2:45 AM

[quote]Loved the whole subplot about cashiers asking "Do you want to donate a dollar for hungry children?"

This, along with the SoDo SoPa commercials, have been among the funniest things they've ever done.

by Anonymousreply 54November 18, 2015 2:47 AM

R52-

Why? Every week brings new government bullshit to mock.

by Anonymousreply 55November 18, 2015 2:51 AM

R55 I just think that the grand focus of PC culture this season was so readymade for South Park. The past few seasons have been rather disjointed and unfunny. It's at its best when it has an overall theme, I think.

But who knows. Maybe next year will be good. This year was certainly a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 56November 18, 2015 2:57 AM

A perfect rebuttal to South Park and its defenders:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 26, 2015 4:47 AM

R57

Hysterical. Thanks for the post. The idiot that wrote that proves that SJWs are fucktards.

by Anonymousreply 58November 26, 2015 5:11 AM

R31, I disagree. South Park is funny because it's satirical. Men on Film was just mean-spirited and homophobic. There's a lot you can get away with if your heart is in the right place. It wasn't with Men on Film.

by Anonymousreply 59November 26, 2015 5:13 AM

This was my favorite season of South Park. It was so timely, and the serialization was so unexpected, but not too much like the season that came after this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 29, 2020 4:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!