Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you faced extreme social isolation?

I have, through some parts of high school and some parts of college. Now looking back upon those years. Man, they were harsh. Some lucky people in life will never know what it feels like to be completely left in the corner.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2020 1:28 AM

Not me.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2015 3:29 AM

They don't feel lucky. Believe me.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2015 3:30 AM

Things don't have to be the way they were... stop looking back & look to your future. Study, pass your test and start your life.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2015 3:30 AM

Webmaster! Stealth Aspergers thread!

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2015 3:37 AM

OP, are you the duckling?

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2015 3:54 AM

Thanks R3. I think it's time to hit the restart on my life too. I can't wait until the exam is over.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2015 3:57 AM

Yes, self imposed. Especially when in dead end towns.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2015 10:33 AM

Looking back, as I was rejected by the "in crowds," I isolated myself even more socially for fear of rejection.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2015 3:43 PM

It means you built inner resources when young. What didn't kill you made you stronger. And more empathetic. People needily always part of a crowd will flounder when life pulls its trapdoor, as it usually does. Company can be great, but self-reliance is a vital default.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2015 6:40 PM

[QUOTE]It means you built inner resources when young. What didn't kill you made you stronger. And more empathetic. People needily always part of a crowd will flounder when life pulls its trapdoor, as it usually does. Company can be great, but self-reliance is a vital default.

Yes because the OP/Program Troll is the epitome of strength and moral fiber.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2015 6:59 PM

LMAO R10. Literally spat water out of my mouth when I read it. Thank you, I needed the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2015 9:44 PM

For the love of all things decent, John! Haven't you taken that fucking test yet? It's this unending, epic saga, you and that fucking test and all your goddamn anxiety and random, text vomiting of every single thing about which you've ever wondered. You said you'd go to therapy and post here less once you take that test, but it has been months and you are still studying, and posting. Take it, for fuck's sake! You are infintely dull. Stop dwelling on your sad past and deal with your sad present. Everything that's wrong with you is totally within your power to change. So study and grow up or at least think...TRY...to think of something interesting or, ideally, not pathetic to say!

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2015 10:01 PM

When I went to a small Catholic HS most of the people there were friends from grade school. When we moved and I went to a huge public HS with over 1500 students I thought I'd have a good chance of making friends. From grade 11 to graduation no matter what clubs I joined or tried to do to make friends I was shunned. Those were the loneliest two years of my life. Like R8 wrote you begin to distance yourself from people out of fear of rejection until you become completely alone.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2015 10:10 PM

Yes, I was extremely isolated in HS.

I went to a small high school in a shitty little redneck town. I was the new kid who moved there from the city. All the kids there had known each other since kindergarten and no matter how hard I tried to fit in I was always the weird new kid.

I am thankful for the years I isolated myself because I got away from all the usual peer pressure and drama of high school.

Pretty much everyone from my high school ended up pregnant or in jail...so yeah I'm happy I isolated myself.

I don't know if the OP really is who I think they are, but if they are I hope you get better and I honestly enjoy reading your posts. I'm in a similar situation and I'm rooting for you!

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2015 4:15 AM

OP are you PMBT?

Look, High School is one thing. There are still a lot of cruel and bully behaviours and people. Its quite rare for someone to be socially rejected by everyone at college. If you were isolated at college, it was your own social challenges.

When are you going to pay the piper, face the music, step to the plate. You have a social challenge of some sort, as everyone in DataLounge has remarked upon, AND as your own teachers have suggested. You need therapy.

Professionals can help you find a way to better integration and more happiness.

And cut down on the inane thread posts here. Post things like this, or things that are genuine to you. Enough with the crap ass threads that are nothing but brain sharts and your need to I dunno what. Failed attempts to connect, I suppose. Or work out your misc obsessions.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2015 10:36 AM

As the Ghost of Christmas Past told Scrooge:

These are shadows of things that have been. They are what they are. If they're not to your liking, don't blame me.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2015 2:24 PM

Uh, yeah......

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2020 1:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!