Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BLIND ITEM: Married TV Actor is Having an Affair With Male Co-Star

This good-looking actor is one of the stars of a popular TV show. He has a reputation for being a solid citizen. Nice guy. Married. No real history of bad behavior.

We found out that he is having an affair with another member of the cast. Another MALE actor!

No, we don’t know if the first actor is gay or bisexual. No. we don’t know if his wife knows. No, we don’t know if his marriage is real or fake. We are just surprised by this news, as we have never heard his name mentioned before in discussions of closeted actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 30, 2020 11:46 PM

Daryl and Rick

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2015 9:07 PM

Scott Bakula.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2015 9:08 PM

"solid citizen" is probably a clue

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2015 9:09 PM

Donald Sutherland

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2015 9:11 PM

By solid citizen I assume Republican?

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2015 9:13 PM

Déjà vu... I just said that in the other thread about this blind, R3.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2015 9:16 PM

Shot in the dark: Chris O'Donnell, NCIS spin-off?

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2015 9:17 PM

Repub? Tom Sellack.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2015 9:23 PM

Pure slash fiction

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2015 9:26 PM

I can dream that it's Adam Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2015 9:30 PM

[quote]Shot in the dark: Chris O'Donnell, NCIS spin-off?

O'Donnell is notorious for being straight. There was even some blind of LL hitting on him but being turned down. O'Donnell has always pinged however so I wouldn't be surprised if he has little side action with guys.

The first thing that came to mind was CW but I guess all guys there are thought to be closeted anyway.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2015 9:41 PM

I'm guessing this actor doesn't have kids? I t would have been mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2015 9:48 PM

R3 is correct. Solid citizen is obviously meant to be a clue but I haven't been able to connect the dots.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2015 9:49 PM

Scott Foley.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2015 9:50 PM

Could it be Stephen Amell and Colton Haynes?

Stephen Amell is married. Is Oliver Queen known for being a "solid citizen"?

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2015 9:54 PM

Stephen Amell came to mind since he plays a kind of solid citizen in Arrow. Then again if I remember correctly Amell did have gay rumors before getting married. In real life he's a twitter whiner so not that solid there.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2015 9:56 PM

This reads like one of those old Star/Enquirer blind items ("another MALE actor!").

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2015 9:59 PM

Mark Harmon

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2015 9:59 PM

Colton Haynes isn't even on "Arrow" anymore R15.

But the BI does seem to imply that the other actor is sort of known to be gay, they only indicate surprise about actor #1.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2015 9:59 PM

WTF is a "solid citizen"??

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2015 10:04 PM

Every male actor in a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2015 10:06 PM

A solid citizen can mean many things. Gary Sinise and Jim Caviezel have reputations of being solid Christians. Not sure if that translates to being a solid citizen.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2015 10:08 PM

"Solid citizen" is meaningless without context. I'm starting to wonder if these "blind item" reports are written by ESL subcontractors in Bangalore. Or maybe just robots.

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2015 10:10 PM

Solid is in reference to fat. I think it is Billy Gardell from Mike & Molly. He's married and nobody would ever include him in gay gossip because of his girth.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2015 10:22 PM

What about someone from the show the Americans? I don't watch the show but when I Googled citizens & US TV shows, that one showed up.

Here's a guess from the link:

[quite]Show: [bold]Scandal[/bold], Actor: [bold]Scott Foley[/bold], Other actor: [bold]Guillermo Diaz[/bold] - Clues: Solid Citizen…SCott, SCandal ????

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2015 10:29 PM

The clue here is "one of the stars of a popular TV show", i.e., its an ensemble rather. Also I agree that the other actor is most likely already out instead of being closeted else if would have been mentioned. I'm leaning towards Modern Family.

My guess is the grandpa and that grandson lol.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2015 11:29 PM

Scandal was the first thing that came to mind for me, but it was Tony Goldwyn rather than Scott Foley.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2015 11:47 PM

Ty Burrell and Jesse Tyler Ferguson

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2015 12:06 AM

Terrence Howard and one of his sons from Empire.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2015 12:56 AM

So it's a good looking white guy on TV, who is known for being nice and on one the most popular TV shows on TV right now? He's married and has no "REAL" history of bad behaviour. That's an interesting choice of wording, i will guess that his character on the TV show has a history of bad behaviour? Scott Foley i think of Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2015 1:03 AM

[quote]So it's a good looking white guy on TV

What leads you to believe the actor is white?

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2015 1:12 AM

[R31] The picture on Blind Gossip usually resembles the celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2015 1:13 AM

The picture looks like Kerr Williams.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2015 1:27 AM

Oops, Kerr SMITH, not Williams

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2015 1:28 AM

R11 You are correct that Chris is known for cold shouldering passes from men. I can tell you that he is straight, and his perceived shunning of homosex stems from childhood experiences within the Catholic church. It's hard to look like he did as a boy and get through the CC unscathed. I'll leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2015 1:31 AM

"Gary Sinise and Jim Caviezel have reputations of being solid Christians. Not sure if that translates to being a solid citizen.'

Both those guys are big time freepers - that would be hilarious if they were queer

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2015 1:37 AM

Well, let's start backwards: I assume that actor #2 is openly gay (or glass closeted), so who are the openly gay actors on which TV shows?

Guillermo Diaz, Scandal

Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family

Colton Haynes, Arrow

Andrew Scott, Sherlock

Jussie Smollett, Empire

Luke MacFarlane, Killjoys

Matt Bomer, American Horror Story

Cheyenne Jackson, American Horror Story

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2015 1:38 AM

Terence Howard would never be described as a "solid citizen"

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2015 1:45 AM

Ed O'Neill, Modern Family

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2015 1:46 AM

Some of these people are not on shows that are "very popular."

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2015 1:47 AM

Chris Noth? He plays a gov on the good wife? he's married. lots of gay guys on the good wife.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2015 1:49 AM

Modern Family and Scandal are "very popular"

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2015 1:50 AM

I would guess solid citizen means patriotic or someone who played someone patriotic.

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2015 2:36 AM

Tom selleck on Blue Bloods. He plays Top Cop. Very solid!

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2015 2:48 AM

R43, oooooh - as someone else suggested: Tony Goldwyn? But he's never pinged for me, not in anything - and wasn't he rumored to having had a fling with Kerry Washington? Hmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2015 2:50 AM

The clues are too weak.

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2015 3:01 AM

Another guess from the Blind Gossip comments is [bold]Tim Daly[/bold] on [italic]Madam Secretary[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2015 3:02 AM

Did anyone consider House of Cards?

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2015 3:03 AM

Madam Secretary is not "very popular." Nor is The Good Wife. Both are very low-rated. Might as well say Josh Lucas in The Debra Messing Programme.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2015 3:06 AM

R49, Madam Secretary gets good ratings. Where the fuck did you get the idea it got "very low" ratings?

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2015 3:15 AM

R30 Scott Foley has always pinged for me.

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2015 3:32 AM

Nolan Gould!

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2015 3:42 AM

[quote]Scott Foley has always pinged for me.

Does this look gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2015 3:53 AM

R53, yes he pings to me too.

by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2015 4:08 AM

I'm not sure if Barrett Foa is "openly" gay, but if he is, that would be another factor in favor of the other actor being Chris O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2015 4:10 AM

Guys! C'mon! We've known the answer to this one for decades.

It's the actors who play Starsky and Hutch!

by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2015 4:15 AM

I think it's Selleck

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2015 9:04 AM

Barrett Foa of NCIS:LA isn't quite the star the others are, but he's a UofMichigan-graudated Broadway singin'-and-dancin' homosexual from the original cast of "Mamma Mia". Perhaps he's the co-star...?

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2015 9:27 AM

The blind says that it's not someone who's name comes up when you think of gay actors. So it can't be Selleck, the modern family guy, or imo Scott Foley (who I definitely wouldn't be shocked if he came out as gay). Mark Harmon? I'd never guess him to be gay and 'Solid Citizen' makes me think politics or military or something. TV show: NCIS.

Idk I'm just taking a stab in the dark here. I hate when the blinds are so damn vague...

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2015 9:39 AM

R53, oh, HELL, yes!!

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2015 9:40 AM

Please, PLEASE let it be Scott Foley !!! I've been in love with him since Felicity .

But who is he having the affair with ?

I know it doesn't mean anything but his wife is gorgeous .

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2015 10:06 AM

It can't be Josh Lucas. He got divorced last year. He and the ex are living together to raise their son, but they are portraying it as platonic. Frankly, that does make me think he's gay, LOL, but I've heard rumors about him before, so I don't think he fits the BI.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2015 10:13 AM

As much as I would like it to be stephen amell, i dont think it's him. To me the Blindgossip pic looks like Michael Vartan.

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2015 10:17 AM

R61: Guillermo Diaz??

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2015 12:38 PM

I'm with r46.

They were two very broad clues (married, solid) away from just saying "An actor is having a affair with another actor. Ready? Go!"

And in what planet has Selleck NOT had his "name mentioned before in the discussion of closeted actors?"

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2015 12:39 PM

R53 gay, gay, gay! Every time I see Scott Foley being interviewed I swear there are cocks flying out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2015 12:52 PM

If this item was ay more blind it would have been written by Helen Keller.

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2015 1:16 PM

Desi Arnaz and Bill Frawley?

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2015 1:24 PM

[quote]The picture on Blind Gossip usually resembles the celebrity.

Someone pointed out on the blind gossip site that the picture looks like a young Dominic West, who is currently in The Affair, and that Mr. West has a squeaky clean past.

No idea who the male co-star would be.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2015 1:26 PM

AHS. Wes Bentley and ...?

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2015 1:30 PM

Where is Dominic West from, England?

Given that the title of the blind says "solid citizen" and the body of the blind makes this reference again, I think the actor is either American, or on a political/military/law enforcement type show.

Scandal

NCIS

The Americans

I don't watch enough TV to know the answer but some of these guesses have my imagination in overdrive.

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2015 1:40 PM

r71, or he just plays a cop.

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2015 1:44 PM

Since when is The Affair a popular show?

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2015 1:47 PM

I don't know if Gardell is the answer, but I agree with R24 that "solid" is a reference to being fat.

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2015 2:05 PM

John Stamos and Josh Peck.

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2015 2:15 PM

It is possible that the title of the BI is a hiding in plain sight clue where "Affair" is the clue and indicates that it is the show.

It won an two Emmy awards, Showtime upped its second season order, and its ratings are up from the first season. Maybe that qualifies for it to be labeled popular.

This is grasping at straws as much as any of the other guesses.

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2015 2:24 PM

I've never even heard of The Affair before now. Cross that one off the list. So the lsit of clues are... GOOD-LOOKING (eliminate the average & the ugly) MARRIED (sounds like a happy marriage with little to no drama during its existence) MALE (eliminates Caitlyn Jenner) ACTOR (eliminates the Adam Lambert types) STAR (sounds like a lead or the lead & not any supporting types) POPULAR SHOW (this is so vague it could probably be any show in the top 50 out of the top 100 rated shows) HAS A REPUTATION FOR BEING A SOLID CITIZEN (sounds like the rep he has might not have always been deserved in the past=like maybe a decade or 2 ago?.. a rowdy fellow who can cause trouble on the down low?... or a dude with a large physique?) NICE GUY (now maybe as the phrasing above insinuates he hasn't always been or maybe has recently pulled himself together to guarantee his nice guy image to go along with his 100% hetero image) WE"VE NEVER HEARD HIS NAME BEFORE MENTIONED BEFORE IN DISCUSSIONS OF CLOSTED ACTORS (sounds like he has been around awhile to develop the 100% hetero image like maybe 5 years at least=doesn't sound like any newbie rising stars)

possible actors John Goodman (good-looking for a man of his age & still has a somewhat large physique even with his recent weight loss but is he on a current show? I haven't heard of any.) Ed O'Neill (On Modern Family see above gossipers answer for John G.) Ty Burrell (could be banging either of the gay guys on his show like the above Ed O'Neil. Has had some gay rumors on the DL over the years. Do the gossipers read this site? who know?) "Rick & Glen" for a different TWD suggestion (they both seem to ping to me="Glen" could be trying to keep his fate from going the comic book way by dating the lead actor who has some pull in scripts?). Billy Gardell (is a large cop on the show? I've only seen it once but it could be him which the "thin is in" crowd on DL would wish it wasn't) Scott Foley (he pinged to me in the Scream film as well as Felicity so it shouldn't be that huge a shock to Hollywood gossipers no?) Chris Noth (that would be shocking for him & his rep= a definite possibility in my book) Tom Selleck (I don't think it is him either... too many rumors over the years to fit the blind) Stephen Amell (he pinged to me before the show Arrow & seems to be a closeted good ol 'southern boy to me who maybe can't come out due to relatives?) Tim Daly (also pings to me so it wouldn't surprise me it were him)

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2015 2:30 PM

R77, Interesting list and some good possibilities. Amell is Canadian and very gay friendly. Maybe this BI will get some additional clues tossed on it.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Jim Parsons & one of the other nerds.

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2015 2:41 PM

[quote]HAS A REPUTATION FOR BEING A SOLID CITIZEN (sounds like the rep he has might not have always been deserved in the past=like maybe a decade or 2 ago?.. a rowdy fellow who can cause trouble on the down low?... or a dude with a large physique?) NICE GUY (now maybe as the phrasing above insinuates he hasn't always been or maybe has recently pulled himself together to guarantee his nice guy image to go along with his 100% hetero image)

I'll give you the other analyses in your list of clues, but for the two above you pulled out too much conjecture out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2015 2:57 PM

Donnie Wahlberg and that old closeted queen?

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2015 2:57 PM

[quote]NICE GUY (now maybe as the phrasing above insinuates he hasn't always been or maybe has recently pulled himself together to guarantee his nice guy image to go along with his 100% hetero image)

Where do you get all that out of "nice guy?"

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2015 2:59 PM

What r68 said.

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2015 3:51 PM

Do you think one day "blind items" will seem like a relic of a weird and bizarre past where people hid their sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2015 4:14 PM

Jake Johnson of New Girl.

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2015 4:16 PM

Stephen Amell does not play a solid citizen on Arrow. His Oliver Queen is more messed up than Batman and had a 2-season arc about not killing everyone who pissed him off. He's literally a serial killer on that show despite being the protagonist. I have no idea if he secretly likes dudes but I don't think this BI is referring to him.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2015 4:16 PM

The actor, Stephen Amell, not the Green Arrow character, fits the definition of a solid citizen. Amell has several charitable foundations and is very vocal about several social movements. And let's not forget, John Barrowman is on the show.

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2015 4:26 PM

R81, wouldn't that be hilarious?

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2015 4:42 PM

[quote]Do you think one day "blind items" will seem like a relic of a weird and bizarre past where people hid their sexuality?

No - because adultery, lying, cheating, hypocrisy and deceipt will always be around, and that's what most blind-item gossip is about.

by Anonymousreply 89October 22, 2015 4:45 PM

R80 R82. These blinds always seem to be carefully worded or phrased. The wording here says "has a reputation'. Rather generic don't you think? They could have said "this actor has a well deserved reputation." But they didn't. They also could have said" this nice guy actor has a well deserved reputation" but they didn't.They seemed to split the "nice guy" from the "reputation" part. It seemed like the split was intentional & possibly a hint to whom they were talking about. It seemed to me that the nice guy rep came first & then the guy actually earned it by settling down a bit. Of course I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2015 4:59 PM

Overkill, r90.

by Anonymousreply 91October 22, 2015 5:02 PM

Also they wrote "No REAL history of bad behavior". Why did they add the REAL part? They could have left that word out but didn't. That wording suggests that if he has some bad behavior in his past that it was justified in some way. Like if someone cheated on him & he got them back in the same way.

by Anonymousreply 92October 22, 2015 5:04 PM

No, R90 is a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 93October 22, 2015 5:14 PM

I mean, R90's "name" is a hoot; very witty!

by Anonymousreply 94October 22, 2015 5:14 PM

Thank you R94 or should I say Cindy Lou Peeples?

Go to hell Myron Zucker or should I say R91.

by Anonymousreply 95October 22, 2015 5:29 PM

I don't think it is Selleck based on the last sentence. His name has been mentioned before regarding closeted actors. I'm not saying he is closeted, just that his name comes up when the discussion turns to the closeted. So, I don't think it is Selleck.

by Anonymousreply 96October 22, 2015 5:34 PM

Tony Danza busted my ass regularly

by Anonymousreply 97October 22, 2015 6:15 PM

Are you straight, r89?

by Anonymousreply 98October 22, 2015 6:45 PM

I'm a gay man, r98.

Here's yet another twist to the ultra-vague, super-broad clues.

Married TV Actor >> "Married..." TV actor >> "Married With Children" TV Actor >> Ed O'Neill >> Banging Jesse or Ty

by Anonymousreply 99October 22, 2015 6:56 PM

Ed's no stranger to gay rumors. I think he's generally thought to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2015 6:59 PM

Honestly guessing this is so pointless, they never confirm these blind items

by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2015 7:00 PM

Wes Bentley is married and playing a cop on AHS, a popular show. I am going with Wes Bentley and Finn Wittrock.

by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2015 7:28 PM

R102's is certainly the most aesthetically pleasing guess.

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2015 7:29 PM

The BI somehow gives the idea that the second actor is openly gay R102 .

Bentley and Wittrock are both considered straight .

by Anonymousreply 104October 22, 2015 7:38 PM

Doesn't necessarily have to be anyone who is OPENLY gay, just perhaps someone not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 105October 22, 2015 7:43 PM

R104 Even though I got no love for my guess of Scott Foley based on the SC in Scott, Scandal and "solid citizen," he IS working with an openly gay actor, Guillermo Diaz. That can't be said for the other guesses with the exception of John Barrowman can it? I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying it makes some sense.

by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2015 7:51 PM

Ian Somerhalder. Does lots of good deeds, charity work. Married to that idiot Nikki Reed.....god knows why.

by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2015 7:53 PM

The 'Solid citizen' thing made me think that the actor was in another show or movie that had 'Citizen' in the title, but the only thing I can think of with 'Citizen' is Citizen Kane, and anybody who was in that is dead by now. Was there ever a remake?

by Anonymousreply 108October 22, 2015 8:05 PM

It was Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick!

by Anonymousreply 109October 22, 2015 8:10 PM

Not Wes Bentley. This BI guy has a clean past. Bentley was a dope fiend.

On the BG site there are lots of guesses for Arnell who seems like a good guess.

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2015 8:14 PM

If it is Amell and it is not an old affair, then the choices of co-star are

John Ramsey, John Barrowman, Paul Blackthorne and Neal McDonough, and maybe Brandon Routh though he is recurring this season rather than main cast. Colton is not the current season.

by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2015 8:22 PM

The blind is too vague, I give up.

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2015 8:28 PM

Ed O'Neill is always the example given to me by a gay acquaintance as someone who's gay and nobody cares because he's not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2015 8:37 PM

I like the Wes Bentley guess. He'd have a number of gay cast members to cheat with on AHS

by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2015 8:38 PM

Wes Bentley is a former druggie - not a "solid citizen"

by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2015 8:44 PM

If it's Arnell and Routh, I'd pay to watch that.

by Anonymousreply 116October 22, 2015 8:50 PM

[quote]If it's Arnell and Routh, I'd pay to watch that.

Berlanti probably already has regardless of the BI.

R116, is there a reason you spell it ARnell instead of AMell?

by Anonymousreply 117October 22, 2015 8:58 PM

Mr. and Mr. J and J Padalecki-Ackles

by Anonymousreply 118October 23, 2015 6:58 AM

I guess Tom Selleck but Wes Bently sounds more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 119October 23, 2015 7:22 AM

It can't be Padalecki and Ackles, because they are both married, and people have been speculating about them since Supernatural started.

by Anonymousreply 120October 23, 2015 8:18 AM

Hasn't Ackles had gay rumors since his soap days?

by Anonymousreply 121October 23, 2015 9:03 AM

The president is the chief "citizen" of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 122October 23, 2015 9:24 AM

R117

Mea culpa. I don't watch his show and only know him from Hung. It wasn't a typo, I thought it was Arnell.

By way of an apology, here's a cute clip of him and Routh:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 23, 2015 9:59 AM

Solid citizen = a steady , stable & reliable person , that people can depend on .

by Anonymousreply 124October 23, 2015 10:29 AM

Another Blind Item site says - Stephen Amell and Colton Haynes from "Arrow"

by Anonymousreply 125October 23, 2015 11:20 AM

LOL queens picking at some made-up, purposely generic blind item like a flock of pigeons when you toss one french fry at them

by Anonymousreply 126October 23, 2015 11:23 AM

Could "solid citizen" refer to someone born in another country that has recently become a naturalized US citizen?

by Anonymousreply 127October 23, 2015 11:41 AM

Possibly R127. but it most likely refers to someone who lived in St. Olaf.

by Anonymousreply 128October 23, 2015 1:29 PM

It's totally O'laughlin and Cahn.

Steve and Danny have mad chemistry.

Alex just got married a while ago. No kids.

by Anonymousreply 129October 24, 2015 3:03 AM

Oh, I forgot about Scott Caan. Do you think he'll come out after daddy is gone? Or will he stay in the closet to his grave?

by Anonymousreply 130October 24, 2015 3:07 AM

I'd like to say Peter Scanavino and Danny Pino but, sadly, Danny went away and took his musky hole with him.

by Anonymousreply 131October 24, 2015 3:20 AM

Jake Johnson of New Girl would make my year.

by Anonymousreply 132October 24, 2015 3:40 AM

Me, too, r132; but who is the openly gay or glass-closeted co-star?

by Anonymousreply 133October 24, 2015 3:48 AM

I can't believe I didn't think of O'laughlin and Caan. Didn't Caan say in an interview he wanted Steve and Danny to be in a relationship?

by Anonymousreply 134October 24, 2015 3:49 AM

Idk who this blind is about, but one thing I am sure of is that Caan will die in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 135October 24, 2015 4:11 AM

Scott Caan could come out when his father dies.

by Anonymousreply 136October 24, 2015 4:14 AM

Perhaps, R136. But I feel like it's unlikely because he'll forever be a daddy's boy and even if Caan Senior passes, Scott will feel like he's letting the old man down by coming out. He'll probably publicly live the life daddy's always wanted for him but probably have a piece on the side.

Don't think it's about Caan and his Hawaii five-o pal though because the show isn't wildly popular or soaring in ratings.

by Anonymousreply 137October 24, 2015 4:28 AM

r133; Sadly the entire male cast of that show are all known to be straight. Even coach had some recent public baby mama drama.

by Anonymousreply 138October 24, 2015 7:04 AM

Carroll O' Conner and Rob Reiner

by Anonymousreply 139October 24, 2015 1:53 PM

r139, you're about 40 years too late

by Anonymousreply 140October 24, 2015 3:42 PM

Could it be someone from Agents of SHIELD? Plenty of men to choose from on that show.

by Anonymousreply 141October 24, 2015 3:56 PM

R141 It had better NOT be! I already went through this with my father!

by Anonymousreply 142October 24, 2015 7:16 PM

The Good Wife is highly rated, it's very popular. That said, I don't think it's Josh Charles. Chris O'Connell has 5 kids, you don't have to go that far to prove you're not gay. I don't think it's Scott Foley, either, he has a couple of kids and is all about his wife.

by Anonymousreply 143October 26, 2015 12:41 AM

R133 max greenfield....?

by Anonymousreply 144October 26, 2015 1:55 AM

"Another Blind Item site says - Stephen Amell and Colton Haynes from "Arrow" "

I agree with r125 I have read a number of blinds where this is what most people think.

by Anonymousreply 145October 26, 2015 3:03 AM

[quote]The Good Wife is highly rated, it's very popular

It may be highly rated by CRITICS, but it's one of CBS's lowest-rated shows. And "Madam Secretary" wasn't exactly a lock for renewal last year either.

by Anonymousreply 146October 26, 2015 3:09 AM

R143

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 26, 2015 3:58 AM

I don't see how Stephen Amell and Colton Haynes fit the blind.

"we have never heard his name mentioned before in discussions of closeted actors."

Practically no one thinks Stephen Amell is straight.

And Colton Hayes left Arrow anyway.

by Anonymousreply 148October 26, 2015 5:09 AM

Actually, the BG people were saying they'd never seen any gay gossip about him. Has there been any (outside of DL)?

When Hung was on, the speculation was about Thomas Jane's past.

by Anonymousreply 149October 26, 2015 6:05 AM

It's West Bentley and Cheyenne Jackson. Those two have gotten extremely close.

by Anonymousreply 150October 26, 2015 8:29 AM

OMG ,That would be great R150 !

OR Wes Bentley and Matt Bomer !

by Anonymousreply 151October 26, 2015 8:47 AM

Or Wes Bentley and Denis O'Hare !

by Anonymousreply 152October 26, 2015 1:37 PM

Well if Glen doesn't get out of last night's alley attack then my Andrew Lincoln/Steven Yuen guess can be crossed off everyone's list.

by Anonymousreply 153October 26, 2015 1:39 PM

Isn't John Barrowman still on Arrow (unlike Colton Haynes)? Barrowman strikes me as being highly capable of enticing a straight, married with kid co-star to indulge in a secret affair. Haynes doesn't have the maturity or personality to pull off such a feat.

by Anonymousreply 154October 26, 2015 1:59 PM

But he does have the body R154.

by Anonymousreply 155October 26, 2015 2:15 PM

No way the BI would go out of it's way to stress "solid citizen" if it were Bentley. Everyone knows about his drug use and career crashing for several years after starting out as a potential star. I like Amell guess the best. He's Canadian and I've known quite a few -- they are much more open to "experimenting" sexually.

by Anonymousreply 156October 26, 2015 2:32 PM

Tim Daly and Erich Bergen?

by Anonymousreply 157October 26, 2015 3:25 PM

Mmmm...I like R157's idea. Each is eminently fuckable. And there's no more solid a citizen as Tim Daly's "Husband of" character on MADAM SECRETARY. It's killing him, doing all this corrupt CIA/HS bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 158October 26, 2015 3:29 PM

MS would be a very loose definition of "popular"

by Anonymousreply 159October 26, 2015 3:34 PM

I'll bring this up again. The fact that they mentioned they don't know if the Marriage is real or fake leads me to believe that this actor doesn't have kids. Key items again are good looking, popular show, first time rumors of this actor being gay/closeted.

I doubt it's Ed O'neill, Tom Selleck, Stephan Amell...

by Anonymousreply 160October 26, 2015 3:58 PM

Oooohhh, ooooh, it's that guy! And the male costar is the other one!

by Anonymousreply 161October 26, 2015 4:20 PM

These days, R159, anything that gets a second season is entitled to be called "popular."

by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2015 4:56 PM

It could be James Wolk. Zoo was picked up for a second season on CBS.

He was the good son on political animals and seems to be a "solid citizen" in Hollywood. They put him in show after show.

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2015 6:01 PM

Abe Vigoda and Hal Linden

by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2015 6:03 PM

Kunal Nayar and Jim Parsons.

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2015 6:21 PM

Joe Spano and Daniel J. Travanti

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2015 7:05 PM

Ted Danson and Patrick Wilson - Fargo

by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2015 7:14 PM

SOLVED.

Dennis Franz and Bill Brochtrup.

by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2015 7:17 PM

"Actually, the BG people were saying they'd never seen any gay gossip about him. Has there been any (outside of DL)?"

I've seen some on ONTD and IMDB. When he got married loads of people were surprised and said they thought he was gay and glass closeted.

by Anonymousreply 169October 27, 2015 1:55 PM

Solid Citizen = SC = Sweet Cheeks = Scott Caan

by Anonymousreply 170October 27, 2015 3:00 PM

R170, you really *are* reaching. "Sweet Cheeks"?

by Anonymousreply 171October 27, 2015 3:11 PM

This is Finn Wittrock and Cheyenne Jackson.

Wittrock was just married and has been a regular in American Horror Story, probably the clue a regular on a show with America in the title.

He and Jackson just had a makeout scene on AHS.

by Anonymousreply 172October 27, 2015 7:10 PM

He probably have no children. Btw,why everyone is saying Tim Daly?He's divorced since 2010

by Anonymousreply 173October 27, 2015 7:25 PM

R172 You're probably right. Murphy only hires gays for large roles in his shows. Even the closet macho guys have to turn tricks with Ms Murphy. Just ask Montieth.

by Anonymousreply 174October 27, 2015 10:44 PM

Ask Montieth R174 ? That would be a bit tricky . lol

by Anonymousreply 175October 27, 2015 10:52 PM

I think that was his point, R175.

by Anonymousreply 176October 27, 2015 10:54 PM

Oh, and it's "Monteith."

by Anonymousreply 177October 27, 2015 10:54 PM

I definitely can see it being Finn/Cheyenne, but I would just like to randomly add that Finn's wife literally looks exactly like Shailene Woodley.

Other than that, they seem like the only two who fit the bill perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 178October 28, 2015 5:01 AM

Yeah, I think the "citizen" part could be hinting at "American" and "solid" could mean "series regular." Also, Finn's character had a crazy back story in the last season of AHS and I've never heard anything about him personally, so maybe that's the reference to how he doesn't have a history of bad behavior, unlike his character. I do think it would be really funny if it is about Cheyenne and Finn. Jason brags so much about Cheyenne being on AHS. Seems like that was a pretty swift visit from karma, but Jason will probably let Cheyenne do whatever he wants as long as he stays married to him.

by Anonymousreply 179October 28, 2015 4:33 PM

Finn also seems to fit the bill because of the "we're not saying the marriage is fake" clue.

Finn turned down Juliard hoping to work in LA. (Another possible solid citizen clue, as he went to high school in Hollywood and that's clearly his ambition). He goes back to Julliard, tries to make it on stage and then how does he get his "breakthrough"?

First, he gets a relatively small role on the Normal Heart (Murphy), then a supporting role on AHS (Murphy again), gets an Emmy nomination and returns to AHS (Murphy again). What was it that got Murphy's attention to put Finn in an otherwise all-star cast?

Normal Heart starts filming in the fall of October 2013, and he marries his "longtime girlfriend" from Julliard a year later.

As for Cheyenne, after his last marriage, I wouldn't be surprised if this was an open one. Maybe he and Finn both have one. It's the perfect arrangement for guys who are married but want to hook up without mutually assured destruction.

by Anonymousreply 180October 28, 2015 7:37 PM

That said, it could also be Finn and Matt Bomer, which would be hotter.

by Anonymousreply 181October 28, 2015 7:42 PM

God how pathetic are the people on this thread? I wrote the Blind Item, and I made it up. Look how much brain power you've wasted.

by Anonymousreply 182October 28, 2015 7:53 PM

So Blind Gossip is taking tips from assholes and liars, R182?

by Anonymousreply 183October 28, 2015 8:02 PM

I actually think if it was about Cheyenne, there'd be reference to the other male actor being married, too.

by Anonymousreply 184October 29, 2015 7:06 PM

Are any former or current members of Uptight Citizen's Brigade in a major series at the moment?

by Anonymousreply 185October 29, 2015 7:55 PM

Sorry, UPRIGHT Citizen's Brigade. But then who knows...

by Anonymousreply 186October 29, 2015 8:15 PM

So did this blind ever got solved ???

by Anonymousreply 187May 12, 2016 2:36 AM

I think it is the father and son from "The Middle".

by Anonymousreply 188May 12, 2016 2:57 AM

are you sure?

by Anonymousreply 189May 12, 2016 4:57 AM

I'm very curious about that item.The guy on that picture looks alot like Dominic West.But is The Affair a popular show?And btw,he have like 4/5 children but Ace didn't said anything about it on the BI.

by Anonymousreply 190November 21, 2016 8:52 PM

It doubt its Dominic. But gaydar can't be that out of wack. So did we finally reach a consensus on who this is.

by Anonymousreply 191November 21, 2016 8:54 PM

The other actor is probably openly gay.I think all the male actors in The Affair are married with women or in a relationship with one? I also think the guy is american actor.

by Anonymousreply 192November 21, 2016 9:01 PM

Did you guys ever work out who it was?

by Anonymousreply 193February 3, 2020 10:17 PM

Did you guys ever work out who it was?

by Anonymousreply 194February 3, 2020 10:17 PM

Does Jussie still count as a co-star ?

by Anonymousreply 195February 3, 2020 10:35 PM

I'm hoping it's Grant Gustin from Flash and he's getting it on with Carlos Valdes who plays Cisco.

by Anonymousreply 196February 3, 2020 11:06 PM

Solid citizen and nice guy equal Homeland

by Anonymousreply 197February 3, 2020 11:26 PM

This is FIVE YEARS OLD, you stoopid dummies!

by Anonymousreply 198February 3, 2020 11:37 PM

So’s Homeland

by Anonymousreply 199February 4, 2020 3:08 AM

I'd say Penn Badgely but he's not married, is he? He's in the "National Celebrity Cabinet"

by Anonymousreply 200February 4, 2020 3:57 AM

R200 He wasn’t married when this blind was posted. Penn was the subject of another closet case blind item with Shawn Pyform.

by Anonymousreply 201February 5, 2020 12:26 AM

R125-wholly agree! I vaguely recall another site discussing his (Amell) sexuality back before he landed the role in 'Arrow.' He was not married then, and one Poster commented that he was supposed to be in a relationship with a dude for several years! And Colton was costarring with him on 'Arrow and he praised Colton for coming ' out'! (A lot of 'smoke' here almost see the 'flames!')

by Anonymousreply 202May 14, 2020 4:52 PM

Dominic West is sexy as fuck in The Wire, I wish he were gay.

by Anonymousreply 203May 14, 2020 4:56 PM

Only good looking guesses please!

by Anonymousreply 204May 14, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote] O'Donnell is notorious for being straight. There was even some blind of LL hitting on him but being turned down.

Linda Lavin? Well, I imagine that happens a lot.

by Anonymousreply 205May 14, 2020 4:59 PM

Dominic West is the sexiest ugly guy ever.

by Anonymousreply 206May 14, 2020 5:02 PM

Michael Emerson and Jim Caviezal

by Anonymousreply 207May 14, 2020 5:07 PM

I thought Dominic was handsome and sexy as hell in The Wire. It's that Black Irish look, never fails to attract me!

by Anonymousreply 208May 14, 2020 5:09 PM

This blind is too vague with so many possibilities. Waste of time guessing.

by Anonymousreply 209May 14, 2020 5:19 PM

The guy from MacGyver?

by Anonymousreply 210May 14, 2020 5:57 PM

[203] your wish is granted! Just visited that web-site called:'vipfag' as well as 'gay or str8' and both give him a gay rating of over 70% (vipfag break it down to three options: gay-str8-or bi. Of course, it's not official until he acknowledges it himself!

by Anonymousreply 211May 14, 2020 6:28 PM

This is probably about Kiefer Southerland who is starring on Designated Survivor - he was the voice of a character in the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

by Anonymousreply 212May 14, 2020 6:54 PM

I have heard that Kiefer swings both ways, more so with guys when he's loaded.

by Anonymousreply 213May 15, 2020 9:11 PM

R220 Penn Badgley got married 2-3 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 214May 15, 2020 9:21 PM

HEY FUCKTARD! WHY ARE YOU RESURRECTING A THREAD FROM 5 YEARS AGO?????

by Anonymousreply 215May 15, 2020 9:45 PM
by Anonymousreply 216July 30, 2020 7:26 AM

Rob Lowe from that 911 spinoff, Lone Star?

Maybe with the guy that plays his son?

Although the Cheyenne Jackson angle is a good possibility as well-

by Anonymousreply 217July 30, 2020 8:29 AM

r217 This happened in 2015, dear.

by Anonymousreply 218July 30, 2020 7:01 PM

The mad bumper returns

by Anonymousreply 219July 30, 2020 7:09 PM

R218 But I can dream, right?

by Anonymousreply 220July 30, 2020 11:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!