Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

***Breaking News*** VP Joe Biden Announces He Will Not Run For President

Video at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 7, 2020 9:29 PM

Duplicate thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2015 4:30 PM

Hillary 's fan gurls are talking huge breaths of relief

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2015 4:30 PM

I am so sad about this

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2015 4:31 PM

Interesting dynamic. You would think from that press conference that Biden was the President, and Obama was on the sideline.

Biden was pretty rude, in brushing the President of the United States to the side, and walking into the White House first, and leaving the President walking behind him.

Major faux pas.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2015 4:33 PM

Wow 70,000 comments at the link already.

I guess people have a lot to say on the matter.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2015 4:34 PM

This is the correct decision. Happy retirement, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2015 4:35 PM

Good. He lost it when he said, "Those jobs aren't coming back" essentially denying the government's responsibility for overseeing foreign trade.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2015 4:36 PM

Why were there headlines yesterday that said he WAS running? I was so uninterested I never bothered clicking on them.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2015 4:36 PM

R6 = PUMA holdover from 2008.

How sad.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2015 4:36 PM

Was he mad, R4? I can't see the video, it's just the ABC logo over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2015 4:37 PM

Best news of the day.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2015 4:38 PM

At one point I wanted him to run. However, after seeing him on Colbert, I think he would have been too old be be President. His age is catching up to him.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2015 4:38 PM

No, R10. Obama was gracious and just trying to comfort Joe Biden.

Biden, however, completely brushed off Obama.

It just goes to show that Biden is all about Biden.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2015 4:41 PM

I thought the fact that he didn't resign/not take his seat after his wife's death showed he was all about himself. While draping himself in the careful PR of self sacrifice, still his career came first. No matter that he took the train home blah blah blah and put it out there how he agonized over his decision, his children needed more than a politician for father.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2015 4:51 PM

R14, at the time DNC reps came to him asked him to hold the seat. I don't think there was another way to keep it. I think he just went to work, did it for a while, and found he could carry on. That's not a sign of being a bad person. It's a sign of being a strong person. Biden comes from a very close, warm family and had lots of emotional support, that must help.

Sometimes when there's a death or family tragedy, it's a relief to go to work and get away from it. It was for me.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2015 5:01 PM

And the Biden PR train keeps chugging along. Thanks for playing your part, R15.

Biden could have resigned as soon as the Democratic governor was in - that was only a few weeks. He would have appointed a new Democratic senator.

Going back to work may work in some circumstances but not when you are the surviving parent of 2 small children, one still in the hospital from a traumatic accident with recovery still ahead. Not in any way comparable.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2015 5:25 PM

How would Biden have supported his family without a job?

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2015 5:32 PM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2015 5:32 PM

R17, you seriously think he couldn't have found a job. In Delaware. During a democratic administration. Not an argument you can make with a straight face - no pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2015 5:37 PM

Sissy

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2015 5:40 PM

I wasn't a Biden supporter but are parents expected to quit their jobs after their partner dies?

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2015 5:43 PM

So on top of his personal tragedy he was supposed to go job hunting? Some of you people impractical.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2015 5:46 PM

[quote] How would Biden have supported his family without a job?

How much does it cost to make sure a bunch of graves always have fresh flowers?

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2015 5:49 PM

Hillary is s cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2015 6:08 PM

Now Joe can join the campaign to kick Hillary to the curb. Obama's Six-Step Plan under Valerie Jarrett's direction is moving forward nicely.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2015 6:15 PM

Are you saying Obama wants a Repub in the White House?

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2015 6:19 PM

I like Biden, but he made the right choice.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2015 6:28 PM

How would Biden quitting his job, finding a different job, and doing that, be more respectful or helpful to his family? He had to work. Also, he must have had excellent insurance through Congress. His surviving kids were both injured, one seriously. How would losing his insurance help them? Other parents have had to work, rather than hold their children's hands in the hospital, for the very same reason.

That just sounds like a "Republican argument," i.e., if a Democrat is doing it, it's wrong no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2015 6:39 PM

Should I act surprised?

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2015 7:20 PM

Hillary will name him Ambassador of anywhere he wants.

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2015 7:31 PM

Democrats are left with a bitch! How could Bern win with a single underwear??? Oh!

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2015 7:31 PM

Biden was keeping options open to see if Hillary's numbers crashed from the Repub allegations or a Bernie surge. When they didn't, Biden didn't see a place for himself.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2015 7:32 PM

Some media types are spinning his comments as a dig" at Hillary, but that defies logic. First, he claims he is deeply committed to insuring that the Obama/Biden legacy be preserved and carried forward. He said he wants unity. So criticizing and digging at his former collegue, another administration appointee, would hardly serve his purpose if he wants unity and wants to see the legacy carried forward. I think its Bernie who has criticized the Obama adminstration, not Hil. and honestly she has a right to carve out her own space and that does mean she is deparating from the administration.

I think Biden was tough talking for his own blue collar, white voters who had a problem with Hillary or Bernie and wanted him to run. That's where his tough remarks "I will continue to speak out forcefully" is coming from. He wants to make sure his supporters will follow him in supporting the Democratic ticket and not stay home.At some point he is going to endorse Hillary. No doubt in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2015 7:42 PM

I meant: "she has a right to carve out her own space, and that does NOT mean she is separating herself from the administration."

Will add that Biden saw hmself as the defender of the Obama legacy, and he wants who ever the nominee is, to run on that record if he can't.

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2015 7:45 PM

The Clinton's have something on Joe. They are evil.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2015 7:55 PM

Joe Biden's sons needed him in Delaware not in Washington DC in a high powered and very time consuming job. Especially in the months following the accident. That's what people do when something like this happens - they make themselves readily available - they do not take a job that requires the kind of commute 2 states away that Joe preferred. Joe was friends with all the dems in Delaware especially the new governor - he probably would have been made attorney general or some other well paying job. Or he would have had another well paying job - with health insurance for pity's sake - right there in Delaware. Plenty of people would have stepped up to offer him a job - do you really think he would have had to send resumes out and pound the pavement?

I suppose in the end it worked out well since his Senate career gave them their own careers - like Hunter getting hired right out of law school by MBNA and later working as their lobbyist.

This rewrite of history and reality to make Biden seem more than he ever was is a joke. How quickly we forget the plagiarism, the dishonesty, the hateful and ineffective crime bills he wrote for over 2 decades, the screwing of the middle class in the bankruptcy bills he wrote to protect the credit card companies and the banks, and more on his list of shitty legislation.

Joe Biden is lucky he got to be VP for 2 terms cause he didn't deserve it. And now, once again, he is showing why he is an ass and undeserving of respect. Let him go hunting with his good pal, Dick Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2015 11:01 PM

Bye, Felicia!

by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2015 11:03 PM

R35, we had peace and prosperity under Clinton. GWB gave us 9-11, the Iraqi War, Katrina, Abu Ghraid, and the banking collapse/bailouts.

His selection to the White House kicked off with with Enron.

GWB's policies are why ISIS came to be.

GWB is evil. The Clintons, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2015 11:08 PM

R4: WHite privileged, honey. So ingrained, he - Biden's - probably not even aware of it and would be shocked, shocked, SHOCKED! if anyone called him on it. Off-topic, somewhat, but is the same type of inbred - inborn? thinking where age 65+ businessmen really have no idea that they're behaving inappropriately when the make comments and even touch, women in the workplace.

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2015 11:15 PM

Not sure about Hillary, but one thing: Biden could NOT have beaten Trump. And I cringe as I type this.

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2015 11:16 PM

R22, you (are - oh, dear) impractical. Biden's first wife - who I think stayed at home? - died; other than insurance and a lawsuit settlement (if was one? would have to research...), and these monies do NOT come overnight - how was he supposed to support surviving family? If he's from $$$ - like Romney, et al - I wasn't aware. Also, some people find going back to work very helpful when dealing with grief; I know I did when my father died. (my mother - no, I was a basket case then.) But I will agree with a lot of the posters here that Biden - like most politicians - VERY phony.

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2015 11:20 PM

I like him but it is the right choice.

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2015 11:28 PM

In another 48 hours, Biden will be out of the news on this matter.

by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2015 11:29 PM

President Clinton will give him a SCOTUS nomination.

by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2015 11:58 PM

Beg to differ, r40. Biden would have had a better than good chance of beating Trump than Hillary. Hillary has to work hard to win over Democrats who are disenchanted with her ties to Wall Street and Big Pharma and on her Hawkish tendencies when it comes to military intervention. Still a Goldwater Republican at heart, that one. Many of those Democrats would have rather had Biden as the nominee. Warts and all. He's serving notice that she better remember just who comprises the heart of the Democratic party. Blue collar working class, the shrinking middle class, the working poor, minorities, immigrants, and the disenfranchised. I'm not saying he won't support her in the end but he is going to make her squirm. He got roughed up by the DNC and DWS. Now her surrogates are saying that they wanted him in the race to rough him up some more. Not the smartest move by her campaign. I wouldn't want him mad at ME.

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2015 12:28 AM

You know all the "Can't trust the Clintons " talk was promoted by Ted Kennedy when Bill Clinton turned his back and broke his word regarding Ted Kennedy's legislation to provide healthcare for 2-3 million children. Clinton assured him he would support the bill, then, at the last minute changed his mind. The Clintons both earned Kennedy's ire forever. Breaking your word and embarrassing Ted kennedy in puboic? Bad move. Ted and his BFFs John Kerry and Joe Biden never forget and never forgive. You saw that Hillary got no support from fellow senators in 2008? BUT on the upside, Obama reached out to her after the election, and after assurances her hubby would behave, Obama made her SoS. She served him well. She was self effacing, low profile, and her husband also behaved. Then, in 2012 Bill Clinton and Hillary both worked very hard to assure Obama got re-elected in a close race. I think Joe sort of resented Hillary. He has a problem with assertive intelligent women who are agressive. Jill Biden is no assertive. Not at all. And she is no cometition to Joe politically. So Joe got along with Hillary, but he also resented her.

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2015 12:58 AM

Gays across America should be saying Thank You to Joe. Hillary has never done jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2015 2:24 AM

The Repubicans were trying to pressure Joe into saying yes. They wanted Joe in the primary to bloody Hillary for the general. No one ever thought Joe would win the primaries and get nominated. He was just a tool.

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2015 4:44 AM

BENGHAZI!

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2015 2:04 PM

RIght, R49. I wonder how "uncle Joe" felt watching those cretins brutalizing Hillary last night. I wonder if he wants to claim any of them as his friend? He said Cheney was a friend. Who else?

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2015 3:55 PM

R50, that's not what Biden meant when he said that Republicans "are not our enemy."

What he said was that this country cannot take four more years of this partisan bullshit. Both parties need to come together and work together. That's all.

And it's impossible to work together, when both sides see each other as "the enemy."

Biden was simply calling for more cooperation.

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2015 4:03 PM

R51, When Hillary was in the Senate she had an excellent rep for working with the GOP. And people forget many GOP senators developed a real respect for her.

Hillary doesn't need lectures from Biden about this. Especially when there ARE times when they are nothing more than obstructionists and, yes, enemies.

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2015 5:25 PM

Amen R 52. I did wonder though, whether his remarks were specifically aimed at Hillary as so many pundits interpreted them. Boehner's resignation and the disarray in Congress, the gridlock, the intransigence has to disgust him. Hopefully he will work to get more Dems elected next year. Yes I know she jokingly referred to the Republicans as enemies, but it's not like she has no reason to think that.Joe was a member of the clulb,a white male, who enjoyed a level of collegeiality no woman was ever going to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2015 12:56 AM

It makes me sad to think this, let alone say it, but Biden is a serial liar who has changed his story about Beau, and what he did or did not say to him about running for President, a few times now. Why would his good friend O'Dowd deliberately misquote him on something so personal, painful and sensitive as the last words of his DYING son? And why would his supporters run an ad claiming that, and using audio of him SAYING that, without his consent? It doesn't make sense. His stump "speech" at the White House was embarrassing. And he did shun Obama to an extent. Both Jill and O looked pained as Joe prattled on. He changed his story again during his interview with O'Donnell on 60 Minutes.. He needs to walk it the way he talks it and start campaigning for Hillary. In earnest. Yeah, the DNC and DWS fucked him over. But it seems for good reason. And I hate that basic bitch with all my heart.

by Anonymousreply 54October 26, 2015 3:22 PM

Whoops. One too many O's;) Maureen Dowd.

by Anonymousreply 55October 26, 2015 3:25 PM

All I can say is David Plouffe and David Axelrod, Jim Messina and a host of other top Obama campaign people went over to work forHillary well before the Biden for President non-campaign buzz was even a whisper. They worked with Biden on the Obama campaign and the worked with him in the White HOuse. They knew him. And they didn't support him. That tells me all I need to know. I agree with R54. Although I hope you weren't referring to Hillary when you said you "hate that basic bitch" because I was assuming you meant Maureen Dowd who really is a vile little troll. After the demeaning, humiliating way Hillary was treated at that 11 hour hearing, and the filthy commercials the GOP is running, I will never again refer to her in anything but the most respectful of terms, and I am definitely supporting her, with or without Biden in the race.

by Anonymousreply 56October 26, 2015 4:45 PM

He should run for fun and Joy

by Anonymousreply 57October 26, 2015 4:55 PM

Maureen Dowd is a cunt of the highest order but I save my actual contempt for Debbie Wasserman Schultz, r56. She's the "basic bitch" I was talking about. I would never refer to Hillary as a BB. She's the Queen B. And we should all be grateful for it. She's going to make a great President.

by Anonymousreply 58October 26, 2015 5:14 PM

R58 She must be so livid seeing first Trump and now Biden elected, knowing that she will never be president. It must really be twisting the knife to see two utter buffoons elected in a row as she sits on the sidelines :D

by Anonymousreply 59November 7, 2020 8:54 PM

^ you're a cunt

bye, cunt

by Anonymousreply 60November 7, 2020 9:09 PM

LOL, Defacto's back. Feeling good about the election results, dude?

by Anonymousreply 61November 7, 2020 9:10 PM

Poor DeJecto.

by Anonymousreply 62November 7, 2020 9:12 PM

Defugto @ R59 had planned on masturbating his deformed micro-cock after Trump won, but now has come back to hate-spam 2015 threads out of spite.

by Anonymousreply 63November 7, 2020 9:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!