Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Crazy People in Public

How to deal with them?

I am at an assembly of the Pride committee and 1.5 hours into it an older women came into the room apologizing loudly that she is late because she had an argument with her boyfriend. Now she is sitting in the back, muttering to herself and exclaiming things from time to time.

It's slightly uncomfortable and no one knows how to behave. Public Transport is another place where you meet such people. How to react? People in the room (about 50) just ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2021 10:57 AM

Do not engage with crazy people.

You only get more crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2015 7:20 PM

Everyone ignores them, hoping they won't get yelled at, hit, or stabbed.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2015 7:27 PM

Lick them. Always puts an end to their designs.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2015 8:09 PM

Woman flips out at a Public Display of Affection

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2021 8:29 AM

Why is a woman with a boyfriend at a Pride meeting?

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2021 8:36 AM

R5 - I don't know. Some straights here in Romania came along with me and the twinks at work. Now my roommate being a dual citizen was handing out petitions for recognition of civil unions for gays so that is why she came, but a bunch of other "woke" people also came. Again, I assume it's because here it's "new". I don't mind allies but in the US it would be weird as you say haha.

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2021 8:50 AM

R6, what’s the general sentiment there about securing civil unions? Does it seem likely to happen?

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2021 8:56 AM

R6 here and I got a few. LA isn't worth mentioning because crazies are EVERYWHERE. Since I have come to Romania, in this small IT hub everyone is pretty much a young techie or student and people are homogeneous. There used to be a lady that, every time I went to buy food, (huge hypermarket is located at the end of a trendy mall), would scream at herself all through the mall. Absolutely chic, perfectly groomed, Italian heels, designer purses, always the same elaborate updo and great makeup, so it took you by surprise when she would start screaming. Once my roommate and I went to the bathrooms and I came out after I was done and she said "oh my God, I didn't go, the crazy lady was in the bathroom, shirt open and screaming at her tits for being too saggy!" Haven't seen her since COVID.

by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2021 9:06 AM

R7 - I really doubt it will be. Sure, the educated professionals in this IT city would support it but the South and East of the country are far too backwards and the church too strong. People are mentally in the 1950's at best in most places. Outside of our circle, they are COVID deniers and anti-vaxxers. My roommate says Romania is hopeless and I agree. Gonna need 50+ years to come out of the darkness UNLESS the EU steps up and requires it, which, of course, they don't.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2021 9:09 AM

Ignore. Leave the vicinity asap if you can.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2021 9:14 AM

So, if I understand this little-read, incredibly banal 2015 thread correctly, in 2021 many Romanians are crazy and enjoy expressing their insanity in public.

by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2021 9:21 AM

R11 you made me laugh. It would be fun to take you around and show you and get your input.

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2021 9:30 AM

Don't make eye contact. It increases the chances they'll decide you're the physical manifestation of whatever's going on inside their heads.

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2021 9:36 AM

[quote]It would be fun to take you around and show you and get your input.

I suspect I have sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2021 10:29 AM

Stay away front tRUMP rallies.

by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2021 10:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!