Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who do you think killed the Black Dahlia and what do you think of the event?

It was such a tragic event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2020 9:19 AM

This case always fascinated me after seeing Lucie Arnez as the Black Dalia in a TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2015 2:25 AM

It was the doctor's assistant. Also a doctor. A woman perpetrated this crime. Left Dahlia off at intersection of doctor beau's ex-wife's neighborhood. Both women went to court later. Doctor dyke slit her mouth in Ainu style. She'd spent time in Asia.

Looking back, so obvious. Someone post a pic of this beast. All adds up now, looking back.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2015 2:51 AM

Violent crimes against women are overwhelmingly committed by straight men.

And I doubt it takes medical training to cut up a human being like that, any butcher or weekend hunter could do it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2015 4:18 AM

It was someone outside her program AND major!

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2015 4:21 AM

It was a suicide, Duhvida

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2015 4:57 AM

Haven't you watched American Horror Story, Season One, Episode 9? It explains everything.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2015 5:09 AM

R3, you is moron. Shaddup÷

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2015 5:37 AM

R3 get the fuck off of this board. Embarrassing yourself and everyone here

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2015 5:40 AM

Jasmine Guy

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2015 6:11 AM

For an unknown actress, she has more known former residences than anyone else in Hollywood, including Marilyn Monroe and Charlie Chaplin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2015 6:27 AM

It was the surgeon. I can't recall his name. I read a book on the case several years ago essentially pegging him as a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2015 12:41 PM

I don't know but James Ellroy's novel is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2015 12:46 PM

What I find fascinating about this case is the sheer brutality of it. What was done to that poor woman was horrific, which seems like something somebody wouldn't do only once. I think whoever killed Short was probably a serial killer who simply never got tagged with that crime.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2015 1:14 PM

That's what she gets for spelling Dalila wrong.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2015 1:59 PM

R13, that's one plausible theory. The crime was committed with such extreme rage and anger, one would think the culprit knew the victim, or was much involved with someone close to the victim, and a high measure of vindictiveness was involved.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2015 2:39 PM

The Walter Bayley theory is an interesting one. He did know Elizabeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2015 3:08 PM

Everybody knew Elizabeth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2015 5:03 PM

R3 is correct. A hunter (or butcher) could easily do what the killer did. Dressing a deer or a pig or sheep doesn't require surgical skill. You just have a knife and are taught how to do it by your father or by hunting buddies. Lots of people in 1940s America grew up eating game the family hunted, especially during the depression.

I think this girl had aspergers. She just didn't "get it." She wandered around but didn't understand that she needed a job that she had to report to every day; that she needed to pay rent on time; that she needed to help with roommate chores. She probably allowed men to buy her dinner or drinks and then went her merry way, not understanding that she was supposed to havecsex with them. She wasn't all there.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2015 5:15 PM

[quote]The crime was committed with such extreme rage and anger

Very controlled rage with such a surgical dissection.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2015 5:41 PM

Judy Davis did it!

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2015 5:45 PM

Never thought about it much, OP. I would be keen to hear some theories from our Elder Gays.

by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2020 4:06 AM

[R21] Are you FUCKING INSANE? Don't bother answering. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again. 2015 Bump Troll FUCKTARD Strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 22December 18, 2020 4:16 AM

One hundred year elder gays, please weigh in on this case from 1946.

by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2020 4:17 AM

I think it was somebody important from one of the studios. They used to have everything covered up if one of them got involved. Half the unsolved cases are probably due to their interference.

by Anonymousreply 24December 18, 2020 7:02 AM

I don't think her murder has anything to do with the movie industry—the claim that Short was an "aspiring actress" is a major misconception in and of itself. She had no history of ever working as an actress, or auditioning for films. She also was not a prostitute. There are so many rumors and mischaracterizations about her, which largely started with Kenneth Anger's chapter on her in "Hollywood Babylon", and were further perpetuated by the book "Severed" by John Gilmore, which was also grossly fictionalized (though an admittedly good read).

Short's story is not nearly as sensational is people believe—the reality is that she was a naive east coast girl who had been floating aimlessly around California for several years before she was killed. When you actually look at the hard facts of her life (not the rumors), it really paints a picture of someone restless but directionless—which, when you think about it, is the perfect type of prey for a maniac. I've always thought she likely just met the wrong person at the wrong time—a wolf in sheep's clothing situation. The way her body was mutilated does appear surgical. To me, it simply reads as the sick work of someone who wanted to really push the envelope in terms of committing a murder—a true psychopath who wanted to turn a murder into a twisted piece of art.

At this point, I don't think we'll ever know who did it. There are a lot of people in the camp that believe George Hodel (a surgeon) killed Short, though I find the "evidence" for that dubious.

by Anonymousreply 25December 18, 2020 8:06 AM

Yep, that's the sad thing: we'll never know and we'll never solve this murder. However, as difficult to believe for those living today, there is another murder/dissection of a 12-year old girl that took place in the 1920s L.A. (I'll list the girls name once I look it up). But, Dahlia is not the first gruesome murder in L.A. I've been reading about unsolved murders and the Black Dahlia case is an exception specifically because it will always remain unsolved. Heck, the LAPD has lost nearly all of the physical evidence collected. Just like Jack the Ripper before, we'll never know who did it nor find any additional clues.

by Anonymousreply 26December 18, 2020 9:04 AM

Aaaahhh...someone else made a whole thread!

Yes, the

by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2020 9:16 AM

12 year-old girl was Marion Parker. The killer was sort of cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2020 9:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!