Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If Kristen Stewart doesn't win an Oscar for Clouds of Sils Maria

There is no justice.

She is AMAZING in that film.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2019 11:05 PM

Bet people never thought there'd be threads dedicated to this 3 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2015 12:38 AM

J'adore Kristen and she was fantastic in this.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2015 12:44 AM

I couldn't understand what she was saying most of the time, even when I played it back repeatedly. From what I've read I think it's a common complaint about her (I haven't seen that many of her movies).

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2015 12:46 AM

Binoche was 1000 times better, a truly great movie.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2015 2:34 AM

she was playing herself for God's sake! Where is the challenge?

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2015 2:54 AM

I HATE Kristen Stewart, and thought she amazing in "The Clouds of Sils Maria".

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2015 4:26 AM

Why are people so easily fooled into thinking uglying up = great acting?

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2015 6:58 AM

They are both going to be nominated and Stewart is a leading candidate to win.

Sorry Stewart haterz!

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2015 12:23 PM

Boring movie, boring acting from Kristen but Binoche is wonderful in everything she does.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2015 12:27 PM

Looks like a great movie...can we talk about Chloe Grace Moretz? She kind of stood out in that trailer.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2015 1:10 PM

Moretz is okay in the second half, but doesn't quite make the impact she should have. The character is not developed enough, and she's too underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2015 2:55 PM

[quote] Why are people so easily fooled into thinking uglying up = great acting?

Ever since my fake nose won me an Oscar to make up for a much better performance in another film for which I wasn't even nominated.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2015 3:28 PM

In writing (for literary fiction or movies or plays) there is "good" confusion and "bad" confusion.

Too many people confuse the two under the disguise of great art - "If you don't understand, I can't explain it" (a riff on Aquinas).

Ambiguity for ambiguity's sake is never good.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2015 3:55 PM

Please, please, I beg all of you who seriously think KStew is 1) worthy of an Oscar, and/or; 2) has any chance of ever getting one; to bet a lot of money on it. I eagerly anticipate the schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2015 5:31 PM

Isn't that movie considered a 2014 release? The film lost me a bit when they said she was a 40 year old movie star in fact she's 50....

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2015 6:10 PM

Binoche could get nominated too if the early year release doesn't hurt everyone's chance. And with up to 10 potential shots, the film also stands a chance. It's easily my favorite movie this year.

Of course it could easily go home empty handed knowing how stupid Hollywood voters are.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2015 11:10 PM

Kristin Stewart is not going to win an Oscar. Binoche already has one but that doesn't rule her out completely.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2015 11:16 PM

Stewart should definitely be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2015 11:17 PM

No one is nominating Kristin 'Twilight Dreck' Stewart for an Oscar. I don't care what she did in this film.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2015 11:20 PM

[quote] They are both going to be nominated and Stewart is a leading candidate to win.

This will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2015 11:22 PM

You queens do know that Kristen Stewart is the first American actress to ever win a Cesar, the French equivalent of an Oscar, for this performance?

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2015 11:27 PM

[quote] You queens do know that Kristen Stewart is the first American actress to ever win a Cesar, the French equivalent of an Oscar, for this performance?

You know what else they consider amazing in France?

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2015 11:31 PM

she was good in this, she held her own opposite la Binoche: i'm sure not an easy feat. I liked Chloe Meritz too. It was very surprising casting, but it worked.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2015 11:36 PM

R21, actually KStew is the first American actress to with the Cesar for a film financed by CHANEL. Or do you really think the French regard her as the first American actress worthy of such a distinction because of her--heh--"talent"?

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2015 12:49 AM

Oh, silly, there's no award for the Best Inanimate Object On The Set.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2015 1:53 AM

I think she's going to have a very interesting career and surprise a lot of her haters. This film clearly proved she can act, and I wasn't a fan of hers.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2015 1:55 AM

I've been a fan of hers all along, and I'm glad others see her talent. If I were a director I'd definitely cast her.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2015 1:57 AM

Everyone upthread is on drugs if they think she will win anything.

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2015 2:20 AM

Have any of her critics actually seen this movie because trust me, she will change your minds. She's great in a very complex part.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2015 2:26 AM

There's going to be a lot of tears here when the nominations come out and she's been picked.

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2015 2:51 AM

Are the Cesars highly regarded like The Oscars or a joke like The Golden Globes?

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2015 9:52 AM

The best performance in this film goes to the Swiss countryside.

Stewart is a very poor actress, mumbling her lines, snorting, chewing her fingers just as she does on talk shows. Gurl needs acting lessons if she;d like to mature into a fine actress..

Binoche was OTT in this film and I normally quite like her performances. Her acting is exquisite in Camille Claudell for instance. Perhaps she feels a bit constrained working in English vs French.

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2015 10:13 AM

Stewart reminds me very much of Jodie Foster (who played her mother in Panoc Room). She could have Jodie's kind of career if she's smart and lucky.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2015 11:41 AM

Haven't seen this one, but I was shocked by how good Stewart was in Camp XRay.

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2015 11:48 AM

Stewart fangurls are really delusional if they believe that she could be nominated or even win an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2015 2:40 PM

[quote] Are the Cesars highly regarded like The Oscars or a joke like The Golden Globes?

They aren't even as highly regarded as the People's Choice Awards.

This bitch has zero chance to be nominated, ESPECIALLY when there is so much category fraud happening this year. But even if her only competition was Lulu Roman and Misty Rowe in Hee Haw: the Movie, she'd be shit out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2015 5:44 PM

KStew is shooting another movie with the same director. Location unknown (it's in France).

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2015 5:56 PM

KStew is shooting another movie with the same director next week. Location unknown (it's in France).

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2015 5:56 PM

Let's face it, this probably is not the best venue for Baby D's fans to be hyping their sweetheart and christian cookie baking mother of the year.

I was watching an old SNL this morning, and they did a skit of stars auditioning for the Fifty Shades of Gray movie, and one of the pairs was Philip Seymour Hoffman auditioning with kStew. it was hilarious. She just stood there with her filthy long hair covering her face saying guttural indiscernible dialog while PSH was pulling his hair out trying to get anything out of her.

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2015 6:03 PM

Yes, because of course her rep as a bad actress is totally undeserved, it's just a bunch of bitter haters, it couldn't have any basis in reality... Right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2015 6:15 PM

Shit, the Kristen Stewart SNL impression was unreal

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2015 6:17 PM

Will she bring me, her big-nosed, man faced gal-pal to the Oscars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2015 6:17 PM

I thought she did a very decent job in Still Alice.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2015 7:12 PM

I'm not going to judge someone's acting ability based on vampire romance garbage.

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2015 7:17 PM

[quote] I thought she did a very decent job in Still Alice.

Oh, so you slept through it, too?

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2015 7:19 PM

I've only ever seen her in that Snow White thing. She was awful. She just doesn't attract on any level, she's a blank.

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2015 7:26 PM

I'll say something nice about her: she was decent in Camp XRay. I saw it on cable last week and i was surprised by how she was not playing her usual glum, moody wooden self. Perhaps because she was playing a soldier?

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2015 8:33 PM

That whole version of Snow White was a mess. I love Charlize Theron and even her acting was just okay in it. Her accent was awful. Only Hemsworth 's huntsman came out alright but it's such a small role originally I probably had the lowest expectations for it.

by Anonymousreply 48October 21, 2015 6:13 PM

Kristen Stewart just win both the NY and Boston Film Critics awards for this performance. She's on track for Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2015 5:37 PM

The OP is KS's publicist.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2015 2:00 AM

The ballet scene was AMAZING.

by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2015 2:20 AM

She won Boston ONLINE, r49. They've only been around for 4 years. Call me when she wins the real Boston prize, or even LA tomorrow.

Even if she keeps winning critics awards, she won't get the Oscar nod as IFC hasn't ran any kind of campaign for her or the film. It's too late for them to start sending out screeners and building buzz as both SAG and the Globes announce their nominees this week and the ballots are due in the next day or two.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2015 3:03 AM

Only if she is in the category for the leaden actress.

by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2015 3:19 AM

She was just named runner up by the LA Film Critics too.

by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2015 9:57 PM

And runner up by the Boston film critics.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2015 1:30 AM

Really want her to win just to see her awkward acceptance speech. I find her awkwardness incredibly endearing.

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2015 4:41 AM

Has anyone seen this? FUcking shitty good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2015 10:40 AM

R57 Oh my god..

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2015 11:49 PM

And KStew keeps racking up the wins, last night the NYFCC. Prepare to watch her take the Oscar, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2015 11:51 AM

Stewart may be nominated (even with all the extraordinary category fraud, and Vikander may be left entirely now that she's getting more attention for "Ex Machina" than for "Danish Girl", with the former being a true supportive role), but I'm confused as to why. And I like her. (Not from the silly vampire shite, but in most everything else.)

She is fine in the role and definitely holds her own against Binoche (who I think is extraordinary), but what is special, awards-worthy about that performance? I am just not seeing it or feeling it.

Since that category is odd this year, at least so far, she may sneak in a nomination. But I cannot fathom a win.

I need to see "Youth" and "Brooklyn".

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2015 12:34 PM

She was fine in the film but there was nothing extraordinary about it. Maybe if there was an award for "Most Improved" or they did a millennial thing and gave all of the participants trophies.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2015 3:12 PM

Is it on Netflix? I remember seeing it advertised on one of the on demand channels, but it doesn't seem to be on there anymore.

To my great surprise, she was really good in Camp XRay.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2015 3:15 PM

KStew has the best PR team in the business. That explains this completely random attention she's getting for the film, when it really belongs to Binoche. It also explains how the Monday after yet another one of her films flops there are scores of pictures of her on the set of a Woody Allen film. It also explains her endless pap strolls UNTIL she's unexpectedly outed and then suddenly she's in hiding for weeks. I hope she pays them well because they've earned every penny of her Twilight fortune.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2015 8:21 PM

R15 and looked every minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2015 3:34 AM

Her cocksucking skills are legendary.taught her myself.

by Anonymousreply 65December 9, 2015 8:05 AM

Knew this cunt wouldn't be nominated for jack shit! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 66December 11, 2015 7:34 PM

[quote]Why are people so easily fooled into thinking uglying up = great acting?

Worked for me!

by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2015 7:48 PM

At least her role in Clouds is a true supporting role, unlike what Weinstein is trying to spin for Rooney Mara and Alicia Vikander.

by Anonymousreply 68December 11, 2015 8:24 PM

Yes, Sils Maria is streaming on Netflix and yes, KStew is fantastic in it!

by Anonymousreply 69December 11, 2015 11:25 PM

She'll be nominated for the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 70December 12, 2015 12:17 PM

The fact that people think Stewart's performance is so good is really testament to the strength of the script and the natural-sounding dialogue more than anything. She really doesn't do anything special and delivers all her lines in the same tone. If she's a believable character, it's due to the talent of the screenwriter and director. Besides, no one ever won an Oscar for playing an everygirl twenty-something personal assistant who has not one memorable scene you could put on a showreel.

by Anonymousreply 71December 12, 2015 1:13 PM

No SAG or GG nominations. KStew isn't even going to be nominated for an Oscar for Clouds, much less win one.

by Anonymousreply 72December 12, 2015 1:26 PM

This thread should be deleted before those posters obsessed with her deranged fans take over.

by Anonymousreply 73December 12, 2015 1:37 PM

[quote]KStew is shooting another movie with the same director

I wonder if she's banging him?

by Anonymousreply 74December 23, 2015 6:56 PM

KStew is fantastic in Clouds.her portrayal so naturalistic and animated. the best actress ever,and all the critics bought by Chanel says so!

by Anonymousreply 75December 24, 2015 9:19 AM

There was a lot of free-flowing, improv, so I'm not so sure about the script as in actual lines of dialogue, R71. Assayas def knows what he was doing, but KS certainly had some room for improvisation, and IMO that's why she's so good in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 76December 24, 2015 9:23 AM

I am sorry, I watched this this morning and I am surprised by the fact that people would think Kristen's performance is Oscar worthy??

I must say that she is extremely natural and exudes confidence and intelligence in this role- She is very good. But Oscar worthy??

Juliette Binoche on the other hand? Brilliant. Very surprised that she did not get a nomination over that fucking Jennifer Lawrence in "Soy." (Thats what I call that piece of shit.

Interesting film. Although Chloe Moretz's character was entertaining (clearly based on Lindsay Lohan) but completely unbelievable. Something out of a comedy. She was acting in a completely different film.

by Anonymousreply 77February 14, 2016 12:59 PM

R77 Binoche didn't campaign for awards, neither did the studio. They only started campaigning for Stewart after she showed up on some Critics lists. This movie never went into wide release in the US. All the emphasis on Stewart in the press didn't help Binoche. Those critic lists didn't give Binoche best actress. In the press COSM was the movie that proves Stewart can act. Everything and everyone else got lost.

by Anonymousreply 78February 14, 2016 5:08 PM

She won the French Oscar maybe in another language somehow her performance seems better than what it is. Maybe the French they don't care she ruined a director's marriage...

by Anonymousreply 79February 14, 2016 6:21 PM

This movie started off really well, but I became less interested as it went on.

We were supposed to believe that they were rehearsing for a great work of art, but the play sounded trite.

Also, why would an important French actress hire a PA who didn't speak French?

by Anonymousreply 80February 14, 2016 6:52 PM

R79 Elizabeth Taylor won Oscars after wrecking two homes. Three homes if you include her own. Divorce was common in Hollywood when it was rare for the rest of the US. That didn't keep her from getting the Oscar nomination. Oscar voters just aren't impressed with her.

by Anonymousreply 81February 14, 2016 10:04 PM

I watched this last night and came on here to see what you guys have to say about it. I can't figure out if Kristen is a good actress - I haven't seen her in much so I wasn't sure but I saw her in Personal Shopper and thought she was good. Imagine my confusion and surprise when I settle into this movie and see she's playing the same character she played in PS, wth?

by Anonymousreply 82February 2, 2018 5:32 PM

OP is on crack. Stewart cannot act and that film SUCKED the big one.

by Anonymousreply 83February 2, 2018 5:34 PM

Ha, this is fun revisiting the crazy. Are there any of these rabid KStew fans left? She whipped herself up some fake PR buzz but it all kind of fell flat and she now has very little work coming down the pike.

by Anonymousreply 84February 2, 2018 5:55 PM

If Mara and Vikander didn't fraud themselves to supporting category Stewart wouldn't be snubbed.

by Anonymousreply 85January 7, 2019 4:58 PM

R83 Go suck Jennifer Lawrence's fat ass

by Anonymousreply 86January 7, 2019 4:59 PM

She's great she's no Emily Watson but she's very good she's giving one great performance after another

by Anonymousreply 87January 7, 2019 5:00 PM

Hopefully she's going to have a banner year in 2019 so the Oscar nomination/win is coming.

Underwater

Charlie's Angels

* Against All Enemies

by Anonymousreply 88January 7, 2019 5:07 PM

Charlies Angels is going to bomb- Elizabeth has never done an action movie, the costumes are terrible, the camera work too staid. and the wigs too wiggy. They're going to have major reshoots. And Kristen is going to be her lesbionic best.

by Anonymousreply 89January 7, 2019 5:18 PM

Kate McKinnon > Kristen Stewart

by Anonymousreply 90January 7, 2019 5:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 7, 2019 11:16 PM

R89 got anymore dish on the CA set? When Kristen described it as being a ‘woke’ Charlie’s Angels I knew it would be a pile of poo. Elizabeth Banks look like she’s butched up all of a sudden. Any Goss on the Stella Maxwell split?

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2019 12:29 PM

KStew's 5 remaining fans are still trying. Bless.

by Anonymousreply 93January 13, 2019 3:15 PM

Who's the asshole who bumped this thread? No one likes her, not even the lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2019 3:17 PM

R92 Elizabeth Banks has always been butch

She's not a great director wish they had someone else to direct the film but now it's too late the film is in post production lol

by Anonymousreply 95January 13, 2019 8:29 PM

r92, no I didn't ask that much. What I do have is that EB hired people she was familiar with (almost all of her PP crew) rather than those who were best for the job. I believe they went through 2 costume designers and 2 stunt coordinators. What made the CA movies successful was that you knew the cast and crew were having fun and knew it was all camp. I don't associate KA with fun and camp.

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2019 8:41 PM

[Quote] What I do have is that EB hired people she was familiar with (almost all of her PP crew) rather than those who were best for the job.

And it's like the PP film she directed was all that great either.

by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2019 9:55 PM

Thanks R96. Agree, Angels shouldn’t really be angst ridden ala Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2019 11:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!